Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,092 members, 7,896,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8971787 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5009) (5010) (5011) (5012) (5013) (5014) (5015) ... (14267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2018
CapitalCee:

please let's stop this bro Jemi. let him point out his worries, make real fans/ fake fans thing no happen this year
We need to be United behind the team...GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Luke Shaw is just a joy to watch, we need Valencia back or an upgrade on the RB together with a good RW to take us up a level...
Ibime, your point about 433 is absolutely spot on...Pogba connected the midfield and attack effortlessly today due to the presence of an extra man in midfield, Herrera (We need an upgrade on him though)

Special praise for L. Shaw. He's about the only full back we have. He knows when to pass and run, drawing the opponent and creating spaces for others as well as receiving the ball on the run and creating chances. If we have someone like that at RB we'll create more chances and score more goals.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hardeycute(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

Can you prove otherwise? or you are still living in 2016/2017? why do we clamour for the return of Pogba anytime he gets injured? Why did we fall apart as a Team when he got injured and was suspended? What are the improvements we all agreed he has made from last season? na him dabbing and hair cuts?
Since his return, have you won all your games

You just want to criticize and your criticism holds no water ,because if it did, Pogba won't be one of the highest passers in the league this season despite missing so many games

Bye
His criticism is very reasonable because in respect to Pogba's ability I can say he is underperforming.

Sideways passes? How many chances created?
Unnecessary long range shots instead of finding runs?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
sinizia:

Yes, Ukaku has poor finishing/technical ability, that's why if we've someone that can score and ghost in behind defenders like Martial did against Tottenham, we wouldn't be much worried with Ukaku's poor finishing coz he'd more like a player to give defenders a torrid time while the SS scores.

honestly we won today, but we missed his presence up front. whenever he plays , the opponents defense seems to be always troubled and open.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
Make we enjoy this rare victory abeg. No need fighting. It's just a misunderstanding.

Cc: Slimghost and DopeJemi

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

Can you prove otherwise? or you are still living in 2016/2017? why do we clamour for the return of Pogba anytime he gets injured? Why did we fall apart as a Team when he got injured and was suspended? What are the improvements we all agreed he has made from last season? na him dabbing and hair cuts?

You just want to criticize and your criticism holds no water ,because if it did, Pogba won't be one of the highest passers in the league this season despite missing so many games

Bye

Let me break this down. I have never ever criticized Pogba this season because when he plays well, we play well and I agree he has unbelievable abilities as a footballer.
But for him to develops into a top class player with consistent performances, he has to keep it SIMPLE!
Which means, no holding the ball longer than necessary forming machoman, no unnecessary flicks and leg overs.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
Leyqute:

Special praise for L. Shaw. He's about the only full back we have. He knows when to pass and run, drawing the opponent and creating spaces for others as well as receiving the ball on the run and creating chances. If we have someone like that at RB we'll create more chances and score more goals.
We need a RW more for that right side, after which we can look at the RB and CM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
sinizia:

Watford
Yh. I remember the watford game. But the one i was initially talking about was from last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
We need to United behind the team...GGMU

very true

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:38pm On Jan 01, 2018
slimghost:

Let me break this down. I have never ever criticized Pogba this season because when he plays well, we play well and I agree he has unbelievable abilities as a footballer.
But for him to develops into a top class player with consistent performances, he has to keep it SIMPLE!
Which means, no holding the ball longer than necessary forming machoman, no unnecessary flicks and leg overs.
Your point is very valid, I'm happy of late he has cut down his excesses...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2018
CapitalCee:

please let's stop this bro Jemi. let him point out his worries, make real fans/ fake fans thing no happen this year

There is a difference between talking about your worries and talking just because you want to talk, if he made that statement last season, no one would bat an eye, but saying something as ridiculous as that in a game were Pogba is easily a contender for man of the match is just annoying

Must we criticize every match day

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

Please shut up or don't talk silly
Coming from a clown, I will simply smile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ReLaTE(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2018
CapitalCee:

honestly we won today, but we missed his presence up front. whenever he plays , the opponents defense seems to be always troubled and open.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LongD(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
3 in the midfield definitely brings out the best in Pogba. We just need someone to replace Herrera
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
Another Mourinho masterclass on Nihilist birthday, shame catch bad belle people. Danteasdz oya come out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hardeycute(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

Pogba will never amount to anything until he learns to keep it simple, take note of the word "until"

So explain to me this statement and how it says otherwise? if he wasn't talking about this match too he wouldn't use the word "until"
"Anything " is subjective. You should have ask him what he meant.
Full potentials in my opinion.
Pogba kept it simple in this game and someone says Pogba will never amount to anything until he learns to keep it simple, and una dey tell me say no be this match, He probably made that statement because he found fault in his performance today
Check his other post

slimghost:

I wasn't referring to today's game Just generally speaking. If and when he learns to keep it SIMPLE, he will turn into an excellent footballer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2018
Brethren! !!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
Today we attacked that Everton RB, Holgate in a manner reminiscent of how Bayern use to attack the opposition LB couple of seasons ago with Robben, Muller and Lahm...
We had Pogba, Shaw, Lingard and other times, Martial attacking that Everton RW collectively, now that's what we want to see often...Mou had his team selection and tactics spot on...Way to go.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2018
raumdeuter:
Another Mourinho masterclass on Nihilist birthday, shame catch bad belle people. Danteasdz oya come out

grin grin grin grin

You no dey tire?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hardeycute(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
slimghost:

cc dopejemi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
slimghost:

the truth is, Keeping it simple all the time is boring, I can't point to a midfielder as good and skillful as Pogba who keeps it simple to the end, As ridiculous as it sounds, those flicks and leg overs are what makes him who he is, It's necessary, it's what makes the game beautiful, it only gets bad when it becomes too much(something he did last season)

This season he has toned it down

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Today we attacked that Everton RB, Holgate in a manner remiscent of how Bayern use to attack the opposition LB couple of seasons ago with Robben, Muller and Lahm...
We had Pogba, Shaw, Lingard and other times, Martial attacking that Everton RW collectively, now that's what we want to see often...Mou had his team selection and tactics spot on...Way to go.

That Holgate is good for his age mehn!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
CapitalCee:

Exactly. Ukaku is tall and huge and defenders' magnet. CBs will always try to mark him hard, so Mourinho can employ the Tottenham trick. While Ukaku keeps the defenders busy, and our wing-backs in a 3-man defence system patrol the wings regularly, one of the wing-forwards can then sneak regularly to do the Lord's work for us. While the defenders are focusing on Ukaku, Lingard, Martial and Co will sneak in and score.

I need Ukaku back ASAP. Ibra can stay injured, I no send am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
From this performance we can clearly see that Pogba is not a holding midfielder and has no business playing as part of a 2 holding midfielder in the 4-2-3-1 system.

Jose needs to come up with a system where Pogba can impose himself with his attacking capabilities. Also he is not a number 10. That is the 90 million puzzle that Jose has to solve.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
You look at how expansive we played and the movement and you think Mkhitaryan will do even better in this set up...For me, it has every thing to do with our set up today...Take nothing away from Martial and Lingard
Eh...
I've seen Mkhitaryan flop when we're at our best. I've seen him flop at our worst.

Right now that guy can't do anything right.
Right now Lingard >> Mkhitaryan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
nitrogen:

But we don't have the players Na.

Until Mourinho starts deploying nice tactics before you see the qualities in the players.

as fantastic as Mata might be, we need an upgrade on him. our central midfield is dead. we thought Matic coming in will free Pogba to do damage, but Herrera regressed, even today he was pedestrian, we need a defensive leader. we also need a right winger in the mode of mahrez/Perisic. we also need a full back to support/ replace Valencia. so we need a lot of quality in the team, any injury to pogba or Matic, we are dead.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
elrony:

That Holgate is good for his age mehn!!!
Yeah, he is good but he was up against it today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

the truth is, Keeping it simple all the time is boring, I can't point to a midfielder as good and skillful as Pogba who keeps it simple to the end, As ridiculous as it sounds, those flicks and leg overs are what makes him who he is, It's necessary, it's what makes the game beautiful, it only gets bad when it becomes too much(something he did last season)

This season he has toned it down

KDB keeps it simple. Keeping it simple improves decision making and catches opponets offguard!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2018
slimghost:

Coming from a clown, I will simply smile.

I have told you and I am telling you again, keep quiet or don't talk silly, you have a knack for talking silly and you were exposed just last month by fans of other clubs, Lukaku? I should be the one smiling

I'm not coming back to this post, it is obvious your head is in our other discourse

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Yeah, he is good but he was up against it today

Na combo of Tony, Luke, Pogba and Lingard cheesy grin grin

Riot things wink

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
CapitalCee:

as fantastic as Mata might be, we need an upgrade on him. our central midfield is dead. we thought Matic coming in will free Pogba to do damage, but Herrera regressed, even today he was pedestrian, we need a defensive leader. we also need a right winger in the mode of mahrez/Perisic. we also need a full back to support/ replace Valencia. so we need a lot of quality in the team, any injury to pogba or Matic, we are dead.
Herrera was very good today, he played some delightful passes...We only missed a real CF today cos they were a lot of balls fired into the box begging for a touch...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2018
elrony:

Na combo of Tony, Luke, Pogba and Lingard cheesy grin grin

Riot things wink
No be small riot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5009) (5010) (5011) (5012) (5013) (5014) (5015) ... (14267) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: metodman(m), AdisaOwala, kingofcasting(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.