Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,092 members, 7,896,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5013) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8971813 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5010) (5011) (5012) (5013) (5014) (5015) (5016) ... (14267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

How many midfielders as good and skillful as Pogba and even better keep it simple till the end?

I Dont want unnecessary argument but if you yourself list midfielders that are truly as good and skillfully as pogba and even better you would realise that he really needs to do still improve on keeping it simple.

The difference is that pogba tries to do too much and loses the ball with even getting a freekick, most other midfielder with his skill set will at least draw a freekick.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

I have told you and I am telling you again, keep quiet or don't talk silly, you have a knack for talking silly and you were exposed just last month by fans of other clubs, Lukaku? I should be the one smiling

I'm not coming back to this post, it is obvious your head is in our other discourse

I am telling you once more. You are a clown and i don't take clowns seriously.
Clowns entertain people, so keep to it and stop trying to sound intelliegent.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2018
olabode89:
From this performance we can clearly see that Pogba is not a holding midfielder and has no business playing as part of a 2 holding midfielder in the 4-2-3-1 system.

Jose needs to come up with a system where Pogba can impose himself with his attacking capabilities. Also he is not a number 10. That is the 90 million puzzle that Jose has to solve.

The problem is Herrera did not take up the central midfield role well, Jose has to pull pogba back and place Lingard in the attacking midfielder position. we need somebody of big big quality to replace Herrera. we are just lucky that Matic has been fantastic this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2018
Pogba is an attacking player, not a defensive mid. If we play Pogba like Matic why are we surprised when he looks like he's underperforming??

7 assists for a CDM is not bad..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Today we attacked that Everton RB, Holgate in a manner remiscent of how Bayern use to attack the opposition LB couple of seasons ago with Robben, Muller and Lahm...
We had Pogba, Shaw, Lingard and other times, Martial attacking that Everton RW collectively, now that's what we want to see often...Mou had his team selection and tactics spot on...Way to go.

He needs to continue like this, then buy quality players and get them to join their new team-mates in the tactic. The tactic is very important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

I have told you and I am telling you again, keep quiet or don't talk silly, you have a knack for talking silly and you were exposed just last month by fans of other clubs, Lukaku? I should be the one smiling

I'm not coming back to this post, it is obvious your head is in our other discourse
Dopejemi, abeg e don do, we won playing very well as we have always craved, make una no quarrel...Two of una na correct comrades here...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
sinizia:

He needs to continue like this, then buy quality players and get them to join their new team-mates in the tactic. The tactic is very important.
Keyword is the tactic...It's very important of course...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2018
slimghost:

KDB keeps it simple. Keeping it simple improves decision making and catches opponets offguard!

KDB doesn't keep it simple to the end and he is not even as skillful as Pogba, the only reason why we complain is because he doesn't get it right all the time, cause if he did we wouldn't mind

Ronaldinho didn't always get it right, Pogba is a skillful player and is only expected
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

There is a difference between talking about your worries and talking just because you want to talk, if he made that statement last season, no one would bat an eye, but saying something as ridiculous as that in a game were Pogba is easily a contender for man of the match is just annoying

Must we criticize every match day

That's true.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Dopejemi, abeg e don do, we won playing very well as we have always craved, make una no quarrel...Two of una na correct comrades here...

I no fight again baba, funny enough, we dey fight for one post, and dey talk civil for another
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
No be small riot.

I come dey wonder if Pogba na our winger cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
slimghost:

I am telling you once more. You are a clown and i don't take clowns seriously.
Clowns entertain people, so keep to it and stop trying to sound intelliegent.
Sheath your sword bro...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

I no fight again baba, funny enough, we dey fight for one post, and dey talk civil for another
Hehehe very funny...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
Lana1:
Eh...
I've seen Mkhitaryan flop when we're at our best. I've seen him flop at our worst.

Right now that guy can't do anything right.
Right now Lingard >> Mkhitaryan
Of course at the moment, Lingard is the preferred choice but Mkhitaryan has all the talent to come back firing, he is just lacking the right mentality...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

KDB doesn't keep it simple to the end and he is not even as skillful as Pogba, the only reason why we complain is because he doesn't get it right all the time, cause if he did we wouldn't mind

Ronaldinho didn't always get it right, Pogba is a skillful player and is only expected

KDB keeps it simple to the end. That's why he influences games week in week out.
Like I pointed out, Keeping it simple improves decision making and that's why dude keeps raking in assists.

Of course, if Obertan got all his tricks right all the time, we wouldn't have complained and he might still be a red devil. Lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
olabode89:
From this performance we can clearly see that Pogba is not a holding midfielder and has no business playing as part of a 2 holding midfielder in the 4-2-3-1 system.

Jose needs to come up with a system where Pogba can impose himself with his attacking capabilities. Also he is not a number 10. That is the 90 million puzzle that Jose has to solve.

Well said. Jose is yet to find that "system". When he does get it, then with quality purchases, things will align well for him. He's still confused on how to get the best out of his team, the injuries are not helping matters too.

Many of our players, players that are valuable to Mourinho are in the sickbay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
CapitalCee:

The problem is Herrera did not take up the central midfield role well, Jose has to pull pogba back and place Lingard in the attacking midfielder position. we need somebody of big big quality to replace Herrera. we are just lucky that Matic has been fantastic this season.

I do not agree fully with regards to what you think about Herrera. In a 4-2-3-1 system, he performs okay. Although his risk free style flavoured with side ways passing can be tiring. Nevertheless, it is effective. I hope the club is taking the possibility of getting an excellent midfielder like Goretkza of Schalke. I think he would be an excellent player to play with either Matic or Herrera.

Pogba should never play as a holding midfielder again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Sheath your sword bro...
I have sold the sword already. No time for stress bro.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2018
codedguy1:

I Dont want unnecessary argument but if you yourself list midfielders that are truly as good and skillfully as pogba and even better you would realise that he really needs to do still improve on keeping it simple.

The difference is that pogba tries to do too much and loses the ball with even getting a freekick, most other midfielder with his skill set will at least draw a freekick.

I'd like to see those midfielders' skill set in this our set up

You cannot tell Ronaldinho to keep it simple, you cannot tell Neymar to keep it simple, you cannot tell Robinho to keep it simple, their game is not keeping it simple.. like I said, if he wasn't losing the ball we wouldn't bat an eye

I'm in no mood for unnecessary arguments either

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2018
olabode89:

I do not agree fully with regards to what you think about Herrera. In a 4-2-3-1 system, he performs okay. Although his risk free style flavoured with side ways passing can be tiring. Nevertheless, it is effective. I hope the club is taking the possibility of getting an excellent midfielder like Goretkza of Schalke. I think he would be an excellent player to play with either Matic or Herrera.

Pogba should never play as a holding midfielder again.
Goretkza will really improve our midfield but we need to act fast, Bayern might just swoop in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

KDB keeps it simple to the end, but he's not as skillful as Pogba. No dribbles or leg-overs from KDB. Kroos keeps it simple to the end too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 01, 2018
dopeJemi:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2018
slimghost:

KDB keeps it simple to the end. That's why he influences games week in week out.
Like I pointed out, Keeping it simple improves decision making and that's why dude keeps raking in assists.

Of course, if Obertan got all his tricks right all the time, we wouldn't have complained and he might still be a red devil. Lol

KDB is not as skillful as Pogba, reason why you think he keeps it simple to the end, leave keeping it simple for people like kroos and Carrick, Ronaldinho and Neymar did and still does unnecessary dribbles but we can't complain much because that is their game

Pogba in juventus was known as a skillful midfielder and didn't keep it so simple and he was in FIFA pro 11 in 2015

Pogba is a skillful midfielder and is only expected when he dribbles and does his tricks

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2018
Nice game and good second half tactics. Pogba is just everywhere but especially the LW where he made those excellent runs and passes. I think he place so much responsibilities on himself, even as a captain.

Nice goal from Martial and Lingard. I must praise Luke Shaw too. Until last match, he knows what to do and those passes and legit. Not forgetting Rojo. That first half clearance saves us. And his no nonesense defending, covering up for L Shaw whenever we are attacking.

Seriously, we need more from the Manager and the team. Especially the second half performance. I am happy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
sinizia:

KDB keeps it simple to the end, but he's not as skillful as Pogba. No dribbles or leg-overs from KDB. Kroos keeps it simple to the end too.

I still insist KDB does not keep it simple to the end, we all think that because he is not as skillful as Pogba, KDB attempts take ons too and gets away with it most of the time

Players like Pogba will always make an attempt to dribble, keeping it simple is not in their dictionary
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
grin

Agent p baba!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
Make I carry my skateboard comot here!..

Even after a sweet win una wan scatter this place on the first day of the year!

Continue!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
Oasis007 I dey wait post match comments o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
raumdeuter:
Another Mourinho masterclass on Nihilist birthday, shame catch bad belle people. Danteasdz oya come out
Lmao. This man sure knows how to look for trouble
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
patrickmuf:
Goretkza will really improve our midfield but we need to act fast, Bayern might just swoop in.

I believe we can get him on 150K per month and with a promise of playing him regularly. Mourinho might have to contact him personally. He ticks the box in almost all the areas. Tall, smart on the ball and a solid passer of the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
Fan zone, even they recognize the influence of Herrera, nothing spectacular but went about his job...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
grin

Can't we celebrate the Victory in Peace?! We had a good Game, very tantalizing Game, yet we couldn't celebrate it in a fantastic Manner!

Luke Shaw has nailed down the LB, except JM is a Fool. Cos I'm ain't seeing any Reason for anyone to play ahead of him as a LB for the Team at the moment.

Herrera also was fantastic in the Match. Defensively and offensively he was fantastic. Though he kept it too simple with quick Passes, but his presence in the Game was massively felt.

Martial, Lingard, Mata, Pogba were quite amazing! They really gave me Joy, especially Lingard with his pacy Movements. Jones and Rojo were very solid at the Back, Matic did well too.

I hope a better RB can replace Lindelof in the next Match. I wouldn't mind Tuanzebe or Darmian. The Lad is kinda too weak as a RB. He seems too clueless, didn't make any Cross, or make any positive attacking Move through out the Match Duration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5010) (5011) (5012) (5013) (5014) (5015) (5016) ... (14267) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto, Joseph901 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.