Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,550 members, 7,895,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8962745 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
pkasso: Toure is a star among many other stars so don't try and sell that bullshyte of him winning the league all by himself.Aguero and Silva were arguably more decisive in City winning the first of those two league titles.Busquets was the midfield anchor and Toure was reduced to a passenger role when Barca won those UCL and along with other titles.

This argument will continue at night.

* Who are the many stars in City, compare that to Madrid and Barca.

* Guardiola wanted to play a different style. Noting more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
How anyone can say Yaya is better than Vidal is a mystery to me. Yaya that has Fernandinho doing all his dirty work so he can just run forward to score goals? So much so that Citeh has now bought another player Fernando to do dirty work as well?

How many goals did Yaya score as DM in Barca when there was no one to cover his arse?

How many players can put in the work Vidal does both offensively AND in attack at the same time?

elampiro:
* How many midfielders have 20 goals and 9 assists, world all over?

'Ordinary' Ramsey produced 10 goals and 9 assists last season from only 23 league appearances WITHOUT penalties or freekicks, compared to Yaya's over 35 games so what is the hype about Yaya T?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
afrodoc:

Yeah quality players are unearthed in the league as in other leagues and i know that there are some good players there.
However when u consider the poor performance of the serie A teams in d UCL and also the fact that this juve side goes thru almost every season undefeated or close to undefeated
I think you're looking at it from the team perspective, which is belied by the fact that Juve normally stroll to the title, a la Bundesliga grin
Vidal can play anywhere in the world and be a hit.
I'm certain of that. You only need to ask the Chelsea people.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
Compare stars in Madrid and Barca to Citeh while discussing the premier league? Elamps logic as usual.

One would think Citeh was competing against Madrid for the EPL title.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
debosky: How anyone can say Yaya is better than Vidal is a mystery to me. Yaya that has Fernandinho doing all his dirty work so he can just run forward to score goals? So much so that Citeh has now bought another player Fernando to do dirty work as well?

How many goals did Yaya score as DM in Barca when there was no one to cover his arse?

How many players can put in the work Vidal does both offensively AND in attack at the same time?

'Ordinary' Ramsey produced 10 goals and 9 assists last season from only 23 league appearances so what is the hype about Yaya T?
Return of the grammarian.
Were you on pilgrimage?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Keky: Hmmmmmm

This chart says nothing. So many components are deleted. If you put Phil Jones there as it is, he might be thebest on the chart.

Chart = 0/0.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Coogar and Elampiro, Ramsey scored 16goals from open play and made 10assists despite being out for 3months. Surely he's better than yaya yh?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
Won't mind this fella, although I'm not convinced of his defending.
He is comfortable on the ball though.

Later Wenger will come with his long nose and say Arsenal are not a selling club.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hugoboi:

Elampiro, look at the charts Keky posted and tell us how Toure is better than Vidal, even after having played more minutes?

That chart says nothing. That Crystal Palace CM will beat all the guys there on those parameters. Even Phil Jones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
StarBoard:
Return of the grammarian.
Were you on pilgrimage?

I was - this pilgrimage did not permit the use of the internet. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:
that was because puyol had to play as a RB in the final. the regular guy there got a controversial suspension and barca were fighting to get him back just like we wanted fletcher back too. until then, busquets had reduced toure to a molue passenger on the bench.
Yeah true.
Abidal was suspended for that final.

But that stint in CB in rome opened the door for Busquets and Yaya never was a first 11 player in Barcelona again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
Keky: Coogar and Elampiro, Ramsey scored 16goals from open play and made 10assists despite being out for 3months. Surely he's better than yaya yh?

obviously - ramsey was the better midfielder last season. if you add the awoof penalties toure got to pile his stats, ramsey would have 22 goals as a central midfielder.

StarBoard:
Yeah true.
Abidal was suspended for that final.
But that stint in CB in rome opened the door for Busquets and Yaya never was a first 11 player in Barcelona again.

busquets had chased toure out of the starting xi before that final. guardiola promoted busquets & pedro once he got the job & we all thought racism........until i saw what guardiola must have seen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
debosky:

I was - this pilgrimage did not permit the use of the internet. grin
grin
which monastery in the Himalayas were you in?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:

so toure needs his partner to function? that clearly shows toure is overrated. matic mauled toure.

which of carrick, cleverley, anderson, scholes, etc have played the number-10 role for us in the league? which of them have scored 6 goals from the penalty spot?

how many midfielders get the opportunity to score 13 goals from set plays?

All our midfielders participate in corner kicks. How many people goals did they score collectively?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

All our midfielders participate in corner kicks. How many people goals did they score collectively?

how many of our midfielders got the opportunity to score 6 league goals from the penalty spot. toure's goal haul last season was an anomaly.

ramsey clearly bested him & he didn't add awoof goals to his goal haul.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:

stop lying to us...
sturridge appeared 29 times in the league(same as wayne rooney) and he was a centre forward for liverpool in all those games.

29/38 is not rotation.

Stop lying, you didn't follow Liverpool games.

*Suarez did not start the season. Liverpool played Sturridge.

* Sturridge did not play games when Courtingo, Sterling and Suarez became regular.

* Suarez was Liverpool striker, and not a winger.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:
Stop lying, you didn't follow Liverpool games.

*Suarez did not start the season. Liverpool played Sturridge.

* Sturridge did not play games when Courtingo, Sterling and Suarez became regular.

* Suarez was Liverpool striker, and not a winger.

elampiro caught lying again for the 17,6745th time. grin cheesy grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1609243_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:

how many of our midfielders got the opportunity to score 6 league goals from the penalty spot. toure's goal haul last season was an anomaly.

ramsey clearly bested him & he didn't add awoof goals to his goal haul.

* What stopped our CMs from scoring from open play? Toure still beat their collective goals with his open play stat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
In as much as I feel vidal is better than yaya, we haven't really seen what the Chilean looks like in a 2-man pivot.

#just saying#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:

elampiro caught lying again for the 17,6745th time. grin cheesy grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1609243_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Suarez was a striker. So if you are able to pull out one or two charts Rooney played in the wing in 2012/13, it will mean he was a winger that season?

Moreover, whbat you produced was a fluid 3. You didn't watch those matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

* What stopped our CMs from scoring from open play? Toure still beat their collective goals with his open play stat.

blame moyes for that.....if we had a penalty taking midfielder, scoring goals is no biggie.

elampiro, caught lying again......

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1609267_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

elampiro:
Suarez was a striker. So if you are able to pull out one or two charts Rooney played in the wing in 2012/13, it will mean he was a winger that season?
Moreover, whbat you produced was a fluid 3. You didn't watch those matches.

from the same lying lips that told us sturridge was always on the bench whenever coutinho & sterling started. you disgrace yourself when you lie bold-faced on this forum.

how come all the big games of liverpool that featured suarez & sturridge always shafted suarez to the side with sturridge in the centre forward position? how come sturridge started games that also featured coutinho & sterling in the starting line up?

elampiro, cover your face in shame.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:

blame moyes for that.....if we had a penalty taking midfielder, scoring goals is no biggie.

elampiro, caught lying again......

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1609267_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

from the same lying lips that told us sturridge was always on the bench whenever coutinho & sterling started. you disgrace yourself when you lie bold-faced on this forum.

how come all the big games of liverpool that featured suarez & sturridge always shafted suarez to the side with sturridge in the centre forward position? how come sturridge started games that also featured coutinho & sterling in the starting line up?

elampiro, cover your face in shame.

Suarez
CF= app 31 . Gls/ass 32/11
FL= 3..........1goal/0 assist
FR= 1..........0 assist 1 goal

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/22221/

I have told you. You didn't watch these games. Suarez was Liverpool number one centre forward. They also played fluid games. Sometimes two man forward as we had in Old Trafford.

Bye.

Ayagayagayagayo hei, ayagayagayagayo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Coogar, I have told you before. Opta chart is hardly accurate. We saw this when Arsenal played Bayerm Munic and many more. Ozil would be assume to be in the hole whereas he played on the right.

Bye jor. I lost so much time. May be tomorrow we continue. This is too time consuming sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
All the big games ke. When Suarez was the number 9 at OT. Sturridge drifting wide to take away one of our CMs.

I am tired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Elampiro is full of BS as usual - Liverpool played TWO strikers - there was no 'dominant' centre forward. This is what Brendan Rogers said:

"What I've found is that if I play one up top and one wide, I take a little bit away from them. They work better as a proper front two.
"In Suarez and Sturridge, I've got what I call two 'nine-and-a-halves'.
"They both like to move, they like to drift and they both like to go into the half-positions in between the lines.
"You've got two great players as your front two and then you build the structure around that.
"I'm not the traditional 4-4-2 man and with the players we've got we can make this system work.

But no - Elampiro knows more than the coach fielding the players. Mumu.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

I like his pace, strength, and power.

Yeahs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro: Coogar, I have told you before. Opta chart is hardly accurate. We saw this when Arsenal played Bayerm Munic and many more. Ozil would be assume to be in the hole whereas he played on the right.

Bye jor. I lost so much time. May be tomorrow we continue. This is too time consuming sef.

you are a consummate rogue!
sturridge appeared 26 times & played 26 league games in the CF position.

didn't you also tell us sturridge never featured with coutinho & sterling on the pitch? you lie every hour of the day. what are you?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1609463_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
How on this earth is Vidal better than Yaya Toure?

On what basis?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nihilist: How on this earth is Vidal better than Yaya Toure?

On what basis?

he's better in all departments - this is why united are after arturo. how do you want the comparison? attacking or defensive stats?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:

he's better in all departments - this is why united are after arturo. how do you want the comparison? attacking or defensive stats?

WTF am I even reading?

Attacking wise, Toure outperformed Vidal last season boasting more goals, a significantly higher pass completion rate, and a significantly higher take on rate.

Defensively, Vidal committed more fouls and was dribbled more than Toure. If you then compare the fact that Vidal had double the amount of yellows that Toure had, then you can understand who the real boss in midfield is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nihilist:
WTF am I even reading?
Attacking wise, Toure outperformed Vidal last season boasting more goals, a significantly higher pass completion rate, and a significantly higher take on rate.

the goals that was boosted by 65% set-piece taking? grin cheesy

Defensively, Vidal committed more fouls and was dribbled more than Toure. If you then compare the fact that Vidal had double the amount of yellows that Toure had, then you can understand who the real boss in midfield is.

committing more fouls doesn't necessarily mean vidal was more dribbled, vidal could be covering for a mistake made by a team-mate. it might mean vidal is busier. there are loads of possibilities here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
coogar:

the goals that was boosted by 65% set-piece taking? grin cheesy

committing more fouls doesn't necessarily mean vidal was more dribbled, vidal could be covering for a mistake made by a team-mate. it might mean vidal is busier. there are loads of possibilities here.

Vidal was dribbled more times than Toure.
That is a statistical fact.

And Set Piece taking is a very important skill. Why is Vidal not taking freekicks?

(1) (2) (3) ... (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.