Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,539 members, 7,895,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 03:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8962457 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:47am On Aug 08, 2014
In the long-run, I hope it doesn't turn out to be that we have spent 47m on another "injury ravaged Owen Hargreaves" undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 08, 2014
Dadehmola: In the long-run, I hope it doesn't turn out to be that we have spent 47m on another "injury ravaged Owen Hargreaves" undecided
Agreed.
This one everybody is calling Vidal.
Spending 47mil on a player with a dodgy knee is questionable in my view, no matter how good he may be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 08, 2014
pkasso: Now that i think of it, a double-pivot of Vidal and Schweini *runs to grab vaseline

`BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2014
StarBoard:
Agreed.
This one everybody is calling Vidal.
Spending 47mil on a player with a dodgy knee is questionable in my view, no matter how good he may be.
But that didn't stop you guys from splashing out the cash on RvP after one good season at Arsenal.Real Madrid spent a world-record fee on Gareth Bale despite his injury history.I don't even know why you people are saying Vidal is injury-prone.A knee injury doesn't suddenly make a player injury-prone.A few muscular problems here and there but he is as fit as hell.The man is a tank!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2014
pkasso: Guy, make chic2pimp and co no hear am for your mouth outside o.Or have you forgetten how he r.aped your Chelsea side in London and Turin.This man sent you packing to the Europa League and yet you insult him by comparing him to Medel, the Chilean Phil Jones.

'El Guerrero' is the most complete midfielder in the world.Tackles, goals, assists, name it.He can also play at CB.Foreman aye.He is the ultimate box-to-box midfielder, a monster in the middle of the park.I've never seen him lose a midfield battle.This dude makes Yaya Toure look like a pu.55y.I would love to see him in the EPL.

If no be say Juve snatch am for our hand, the guy suppose dey ball with us now.Now that i think of it, a double-pivot of Vidal and Schweini *runs to grab vaseline
the prospects of a monster Man United team dey give Chelshit fans terrible nightmares.
they expected the capitulation of Moyes to continue...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2014
pkasso: But that didn't stop you guys from splashing out the cash on RvP after one good season at Arsenal.Real Madrid spent a world-record fee on Gareth Bale despite his injury history.I don't even know why you people are saying Vidal is injury-prone.A knee injury doesn't suddenly make a player injury-prone.A few muscular problems here and there but he is as fit as hell.The man is a tank!
Different scenarios.
van Persie didn't cost up to half of what Vidal is threatening to be bought for.
A dodgy knee can ruin your career. We at united know first hand.
van Gaal is effectively questioning why we should splash that amount for someone with a dodgy knee. That makes sense to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2014
StarBoard:
Different scenarios.
van Persie didn't cost up to half of what Vidal is threatening to be bought for.
A dodgy knee can ruin your career. We at united know first hand.
van Gaal is effectively questioning why we should splash that amount for someone with a dodgy knee. That makes sense to me.
hes easily worth £48m in today's market, speaking otherwise is inappropriate
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2014
Here's a link on Arturo Vidal's injury history from Transfermarkt. .

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arturo-vidal/verletzungen/spieler/37666

Since he moved to Juve in 2011, he has only been sidelined with injuries three times excluding the knee one.All minor injuries with recovery taking only about a week.Now does that look like the profile of an injury-prone player to you?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2014
SailorXY:

Spending the 48m considering the risks, is the issue here. Nobody's questioning whether he's worth that amount.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:01am On Aug 08, 2014
Leyqute: Elampiro drop the link na

I watched it on a certain facebook fan page.

But just google it. It's everywhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:05am On Aug 08, 2014
Dadehmola:

Spending the 48m considering the risks, is the issue here. Nobody's questioning whether he's worth that amount.
there are little risks, like every other investment.
the prospects of failure is very minute
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2014
The best players in the world have all suffered knee injuries at one point or the other in their career.Has that affected their market value or the demand for their services? Real Madrid is still chasing Radamel Falcao.I would give an arm and leg for Vidal but it's not up to me.It's Man Utd loss if this move falls through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2014
The reason I like Vidal is the fact that he will bring something we don't have in the middle of the park. Akpu football. Otherwise, I don't think he's worth £47m or so. Not yet. The obvious fact that Man United needs a midfielder seems to be driving up the prices of midfielders we are linked to. We should remember Vidal is a central midfielder, and not a striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:17am On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro: The reason I like Vidal is the fact that he will bring something we don't have in the middle of the park. Akpu football.

Just say he has pace and pawa grin cheesy

elampiro:

Otherwise, I don't think he's worth £47m or so. Not yet. The obvious fact that Man United needs a midfielder seems to be driving up the prices of midfielders we are linked to. We should remember Vidal is a central midfielder, and not a striker.

He is arguably the best midfielder in the world presently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2014
Dadehmola:

Just say he has pace and pawa grin cheesy

He is arguably the best midfielder in the world presently.

The best? Until he comes and goes thru our microscopic views and analysis. Lol

But in the world cup, I saw him always joining attack, ignoring his defensive duties.

I think Yaya Toure is the best midfielder now. I don't see how Vidal is any better than Fabregas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:33am On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

I don't see how Vidal is any better than Fabregas.

shocked shocked shocked angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 08, 2014
SailorXY:
I beg to differ.
That people are running mad doesn't make it appropriate to strip in public.
With that dodgy knee his value goes down by at least 1/3 of that value in my view
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2014
pkasso: Here's a link on Arturo Vidal's injury history from Transfermarkt. .

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/arturo-vidal/verletzungen/spieler/37666

Since he moved to Juve in 2011, he has only been sidelined with injuries three times excluding the knee one.All minor injuries with recovery taking only about a week.Now does that look like the profile of an injury-prone player to you?
Still doesn't erase the fact that the knee is a problem.
Owen Hargreaves had one knee injury that wrecked his career.
Being cautious in that regard is not out of place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2014
Dadehmola:

shocked shocked shocked angry angry

I am saying my mind. I don't watch much of Italian league, but in the world cup, Vidal was forming activities in the attack. Fabregas would deliver far better than what I saw Vidal did in attacking build up. May be until I monitor him properly when he sits deep in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

I am saying my mind. I don't watch much of Italian league, but in the world cup, Vidal was forming activities in the attack. Fabregas would deliver far better than what I saw Vidal did in attacking build up. May be until I monitor him properly when he sits deep in midfield.
The world cup lasted max three weeks for all concerned (Toure, Fabregas, Vidal)
You cannot use the world cup to judge player's overall form.
The Fabregas and Toure you are putting over Vidal didn't make it past the frst round so I fail to see your point here if you are using the world cup as a barometer.
Arturo Vidal is a top midfielder, whether you agree or not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:51am On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

But in the world cup, I saw him always joining attack, ignoring his defensive duties.

I think Yaya Toure is the best midfielder now. I don't see how Vidal is any better than Fabregas.
Fabregas? this is a fvckin joke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

Have you ever taken time to watch Vidal apart from a WC where he was barely 50% fit according to Sampaoli.Yaya Toure the best midfielder in the world? Lool, Don't make me laugh.Yaya Toure is nothing but a flat-track bully.He only dominates against lesser oppositions like the Fulhams, the Newcastles of this world and of course Man Utd.Go and check his stats and perfomances against the sides that finished in the top 5 in England.The same Yaya Toure that was owned by Nemanja Matic.Yaya was exposed all over Europe last season by the likes of Schweini, Lahm, Xavi, Iniesta.In the big games against Bayern and Barcelona, he was nowhere to be found.Great player, but until he steps up in the big matches, not the best.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
StarBoard:
The world cup lasted max three weeks for all concerned (Toure, Fabregas, Vidal)
You cannot use the world cup to judge player's overall form.
The Fabregas and Toure you are putting over Vidal didn't make it past the frst round so I fail to see your point here if you are using the world cup as a barometer.
Arturo Vidal is a top midfielder, whether you agree or not.

* I am talking about when I saw him play and paid attention to his game. I never paid particular attention to his game until he was seriously linked to us.

* Toure and Fabregas, I have known their games since. I didnt need to use the world cup to review their games. And I don't see how their national team performance takes away anything I know about them already.

* Toure is far above Vidal at the moment. I need to be proven wrong on this. Fab is on same level with Vidal, in my view.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2014
StarBoard:
I beg to differ.
That people are running mad doesn't make it appropriate to strip in public.
With that dodgy knee his value goes down by at least 1/3 of that value in my view
so you are saying he should be bought for £16m yeah?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2014
pkasso: Have you ever taken time to watch Vidal apart from a WC where he was barely 50% fit according to Sampaoli.Yaya Toure the best midfielder in the world? Lool, Don't make me laugh.Yaya Toure is nothing but a flat-track bully.He only dominates against lesser oppositions like the Fulhams, the Newcastles of this world and of course Man Utd.Go and check his stats and perfomances against the sides that finished in the top 5 in England.The same Yaya Toure that was owned by Nemanja Matic.Yaya was exposed all over Europe last season by the likes of Schweini, Lahm, Xavi, Iniesta.In the big games against Bayern and Barcelona, he was nowhere to be found.Great player, but until he steps up in the big matches, not the best.

* Why can't other midfielders score against lower teams to boost their stats?

* Toure was not exposed by Matic. You are wrong there. Something happened on the night, I think it has to do with one or two City midfielders missing the match due to injury.

On the return leg, what happened? City won. Toure ruled.

*** lest I forget. Yaya Toure is a UCL winner. Hope you know?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2014
SailorXY:
so you are saying he should be bought for £16m yeah?
No.
His value goes down by 1/3 of £48 (i.e.16)
He should be in the region of 30-35 million. In a sane world.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

* I am talking about when I saw him play and paid attention to his game. I never paid particular attention to his game until he was seriously linked to us.

* Toure and Fabregas, I have known their games since. I didnt need to use the world cup to review their games. And I don't see how their national team performance takes away anything I know about them already.

* Toure is far above Vidal at the moment. I need to be proven wrong on this. Fab is on same level with Vidal, in my view.
But you concluded that Fabregas was a better player based on what you saw in the world cup.
Please be clear.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:01am On Aug 08, 2014
StarBoard:
No.
His value goes down by 1/3 of £48 (i.e.16)
He should be in the region of 30-35 million. In a sane world.
& what happens if he proves his fitness @ Carington? I don't know why we beat about the bush, probably cuz we have no competition for his signature then we want to take things for granted. we need him more than the other way round
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:02am On Aug 08, 2014
Yaya Toure scored against Arsenal and Tottenham. He has Assist against some quality sides.

How many goals did Suarez, Hazard, Torres, Ba, Rooney, RVP, etc, have against top sides?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2014
StarBoard:
But you concluded that Fabregas was a better player based on what you saw in the world cup.
Please be clear.

No, you got me wrong. I based on my perception from what I have seen of them anywhere. Whether league, world cup, friendlies etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2014
SailorXY:
& what happens if he proves his fitness @ Carington? I don't know why we beat about the bush, probably cuz we have no competition for his signature then we want to take things for granted. we need him more than the other way round
If he proves his fitness, it's better for us on both sides.
That we are desperate shouldn't lead us to just sign anything that walks.The Owen incident should have been a lesson to us.
Agreed that Vidal is an excellent body to add, but in a world where everyone is losing their heads, there should be some kind of restraint in my view.

van Gaal hasn't said anything to my hearing of the signing,and if the words of the Chilean manager are to be believed, he is the one actually stalling on the deal because of the said knee injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2014
elampiro:

No, you got me wrong. I based on my perception from what I have seen of them anywhere. Whether league, world cup, friendlies etc.
elamps,
you are confusing me.
you haven't seen someone play except at the world cup yet you are ready to offer some form of evaluation on him?
It doesn't add up mate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.