Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,525 members, 7,895,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:27 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8962145 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2014
Ceasar1:

Na wa woo, Na only you waka come?

no, I'm with her!
angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:22am On Aug 07, 2014
Ceasar1:

Na wa woo, Na only you waka come?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 07, 2014
adebayo201:

no, I'm with her!
angry

Okay,I rest my case. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2014
ChristineC:

Your Question - No one can explain it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Aug 7, 2014 11:21:00
Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has ruled out a move for Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria, indicating that the Argentina international is "too expensive" for his club.

The winger is continually being linked with a move away from Madrid this summer and PSG as well as Manchester United have been closely monitoring his situation at the Champions League holders.

Nevertheless, Paris Saint-Germain have now made it clear that the former Benfica star is no longer an option for them.

"As for Di Maria, it is true that we have held talk with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez," Al-Khelaifi said at a press conference.

"But he is too expensive for us. We have stopped negotiations."

PSG have already secured the services of David Luiz from Chelsea for a fee of €50 million this summer, while they have also signed Serge Aurier on loan until the end of the season.

The Parisians were hit with a €60m fine for breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations, while their Champions League squad will be reduced to 21 players for 2014-15 as well.

Of PSG's fine, €40m will be returned to the club if they comply with the measures set by the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), but the sanction has had a significant impact on their spending so far this summer.

Head coach Laurent Blanc has said on more than one occasion that they are unable to buy the players they want following the FFP penalty and they have now been forced to pull out of the race to sign Di Maria as well.

The 26-year-old has a contract with Real Madrid until June 2018 and an offer in excess of €60 million could be needed to lure him away from the Santiago Bernabeu side.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/08/07/5016140/breaking-news-psg-pull-out-of-di-maria-discussion?ICID=HP_BN_1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
ashley young >>>>>> di maria.

all we need now are the following players

•vermaelen
•blind
•vidal

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
Di Maria too expensive?? Same people who bought a certain flop (David Luiz) £50M grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
SetrakusRa: Di Maria too expensive?? Same people who bought a certain flop (David Luiz) £50M grin

Luiz is not a flop. Although Mourinho had a big laugh in that transfer. Mourinho knowns his way in the transfer market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Madrid and perez are mad.
€60m for dimaria wey go choke them undecided

They'll be struggling to get buyers at €30m in the next window.

Thief kill them angry
They think everybody spends as foolishly as they do.
They don't know not everyone has enough 'earned' money to throw about.
When even the likes of city, chelsea and now even psg are trying desperately to stay healthy ffp-wise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Di Maria is worth £47m. It's Vidal who doesn't worth £47. My take.

Based on what Di Maria has been playing in the last two years or more.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
SetrakusRa: Di Maria too expensive?? Same people who bought a certain flop (David Luiz) £50M grin
they've surely learnt from the widespread criticism/mockery of that deal.

And ffp aint smiling on them either.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Remember the last UCL final. The only Madrid player who did not give up and had life in his game. He single handledly propelled Madrid to fight on. I have seen him done it many times.

Enyeama stood between the net and Di Maria humiliating us. When we went to Madrid for the UCL fixture, it was Di Maria troubling us the most. He does it often, mostly in big games. I will always put my money on him. His counter attacking strength and skills is magnificent. He can break a defender's waist, ask Puyol.

*** 2014 UCL final. Official MOTM.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
elampiro: Di Maria is worth £47m. It's Vidal who doesn't worth £47. My take.
Based on what Di Maria has been playing in the last two years or more.
yea right.
2 years of being in and out of the madrid team is worth 47m and vidal who is comfortably among the top 3 box to box midfielder in the world isn't.

If u were woodward and you had just 47m to spend, you would choose to spend in on dimaria instead, right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
You don start again with this flawed logic
The same logic that's making boateng look like the best thing to ever happen to defending.
Was the ucl final the only match played by real madrid last season?
Don't let a late season surge in form deceive you.
He is not worth 40m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
PietroRico: yea right.
2 years of being in and out of the madrid team is worth 47m and vidal who is comfortably among the top 3 box to box midfielder in the world isn't.

* How is Di Maria in and out of Madrid team when he plays all their big matches?

* Will Vidal command. A regular shirt in Madrid? Who can he even bench?

* Vidal, box to box midfielder. Well he has not proven it in the UCL.

PietroRico:
If u were woodward and you had just 47m to spend, you would choose to spend in on dimaria instead, right.

I will choose Vidal only because that's where we need to fill most. But Vidal shouldn't be more than £30m.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
PietroRico: You don start again with this flawed logic
The same logic that's making boateng look like the best thing to ever happen to defending.
Was the ucl final the only match played by real madrid last season?
Don't let a late season surge in form deceive you.
He is not worth 40m

Who mentioned Boateng? Lol

Look up Di Maria stats and form in whoscored. I watch Madrid a lot. Di Maria is a one man killer. Such players are rear to find. He opens up opponents easily with his speeding runs between players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
Wenger confirmed Man Utd bid for Varmaelen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
please, we don't need much talk here. we need vermaelen n Vidal for now. Di Maria na surplus to our team for now!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
^^^ wrt De Jong
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
adebayo201: please, we don't need much talk here. we need vermaelen n Vidal for now. Di Maria na surplus to our team for now!

But Wenger said he prefers selling him abroad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
Wenger confirms Man Utd
Vermaelen bid.
I think he'll be a good buy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Nothing sir... Xo u too na Man Utd person?
Kumfam one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
elampiro:

* How is Di Maria in and out of Madrid team when he plays all their big matches?

* Will Vidal command. A regular shirt in Madrid? Who can he even bench?

* Vidal, box to box midfielder. Well he has not proven it in the UCL.
if you really watched madrid last season you would not be asking the 1st question.
Jese kept himm glued to the bench until he got a long lay injury lay off. T or F.

I see no reason why vidal won't bench khedira.
He can tackle just as good as khedira can and scores lots of goals.

I will choose Vidal only because that's where we need to fill most. But Vidal shouldn't be more than £30m.

you are contradicting yourself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
tess1: Wenger confirmed Man Utd bid for Varmaelen.
and that he can't stand in the way of the deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ceasar1:

Your Question - No one can explain it.
how so?
The guy said United doing well in preseason is bad omen, I didn't understand and asked for elaboration Anything magical about it?
Besides why make a statement you can't expatiate?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
PietroRico: if you really watched madrid last season you would not be asking the 1st question.
Jese kept himm glued to the bench until he got a long lay injury lay off. T or F.

*** Who's Jesse? A footballer or a ball boy? So if you were asked to mention the guys who won Madrid the trophies and those who pulled them from huge points deficit back to title contenders, you will mention Jesse? I begi.

*** Vidal will bench Khedira,, that one that is being offered for sale? You didn't remember Modric and Xabi are Madrid midfielders?

*** How did I contradict myself? Di Maria £47 million price tag has nothing to do with United's interest. The argument is not about who should be bought. I only mentioned what I think their market value should be.

Without United interest, Vidal's market value shouldn't have been so high.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Byron001(m): 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
my take, buy vidal,ron vlaar,daley blind and wilnajdum
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
PietroRico: if you really watched madrid last season you would not be asking the 1st question.

Stop all this rubbish talk, Jese was never a starter, he only starts when Ronaldo is not playing, not even when Di Maria is not playing, ADM played 34 out of 38 league games starting 27, You don't watch Madrid play, if you do, you would realise there is no way Jese will bench Di Maria
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ZUBY77(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Vidal in.

230,000 a week.
60 mil euro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
wow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
ZUBY77: Vidal in.
230,000 a week.
60 mil euro.
source

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.