Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,526 members, 7,895,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8962191 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nihilist:

No way.

My Chart was generated this year.
Lampard had just around a 100 career premier league assists

Your stats are totally wrong

go & update your stats then....
my stats took all the goals & assists lampard has scored in his entire career(west ham + swansea + chelsea). besides, premier league only started computing assist charts in 06/07 so you won't get an accurate stats on their site.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
coogar:

go & update your stats then....
my stats took all the goals & assists lampard has scored in his entire career(west ham + swansea + chelsea). besides, premier league only started computing assist charts in 06/07 so you won't get an accurate stats on their site.

Just checked.

You are right about the stats

Lampard still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scholes grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nihilist:

Just checked.

You are right about the stats

Lampard still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scholes grin

durability is the only thing lampard has over any midfielder that has ever lived. lampard's engine is rolls royce. he missed only 3 league games in 4 seasons at a point in his career.

that's some crazy stats!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
He's obviously trolling grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Deiok(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Pauls Scholes is the better midfielder, he was so good that almost every Good player's that ever played against him testifer to it.

These was an arguement between Jamie Carragher and G.Neville, on who is better between Gerrad, Scholes and Lampard.

These three midfielders have over 1300 Premier League appearances between them and 539 goals in the top flight, so how do you pick who is the best?
Sky Sports football expert Carragher puts his former Liverpool team-mate Steven Gerrard top of the pile, saying: "They are three world class players. Top for me though is Stevie, the reason he is top is in terms of his big game influence, in Istanbul and in Cardiff.
"Frank Lampard also for the same reason, he scored the winner in an FA Cup final, scored the goal that won Chelsea the league for the first time. He's slightly ahead of Scholes for me."
Former Manchester United defender Neville somewhat disagreed with his Monday Night Footballcolleague, saying: "Paul Scholes is the best player I've ever played with. He's a unique talent. He controls the tempo of the whole football match.
"I'll take the Scholes of 2004-2010/11 as the very best. He's similar to Xavi and Pirlo in his ability to control the tempo of a whole match. Winning games is not just about scoring the goals. People used to ask why Manchester United scored so many late goals, it was because they used to knacker teams out for 85 minutes." http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8926263/monday-night-football-who-is-the-best-scholes-lampard-or-gerrard&sa=U&ei=-4LiU_a2DImZ0QXx_YHQDg&ved=0CCwQFjAA&sig2=ow3wK077HM-Gf5HlHCZR7g&usg=AFQjCNEXnDtMpFOppH0q5Kp2b6NKafXYSg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nihilist:

No way.

My Chart was generated this year.
Lampard had just around a 100 career premier league assists

Your stats are totally wrong

* When I saw this post, I knew it would cause a war, then I looked up and I saw two pages were running already.

* This is the kind of argument that flaws the laid down criteria of determine players performance on this thread. Scholes is a greater midfielder than Lampard. However, based on stat, Scholes lost to Lampard. From Coogar's stat, it obvious Lampard had more assists from open play. I was shocked to see Scholes having more assists from set play.

* Another reason relying on goals and assist stat is flawed- Xavi's stats.

* There is a debate going on. Xavi is said to be the greatest midfielder ever. On trophies, yes. On goals, assists, chances created- mba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
PietroRico: He's obviously trolling grin

That was a good troll. Sebi an by goals and assist na dem dey determine who play pass?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
elampiro:

* When I saw this post, I knew it would cause a war, then I looked up and I saw two pages were running already.

* This is the kind of argument that flaws the laid down criteria of determine players performance on this thread. Scholes is a greater midfielder than Lampard. However, based on stat, Scholes lost to Lampard. From Coogar's stat, it obvious Lampard had more assists from open play. I was shocked to see Scholes having more assists from set play.

* There is a debate going on. Xavi is said to be the greatest midfielder ever. On trophies, yes. On goals, assists, chances created- mba.

are you blind?
how did scholes lose to lampard on stats? can you read stats at all? scholes destroyed lampard in every parameter if you take lampard's penalty stats out of the equation.

you are looking at sheer numbers without the number of minutes played. lampard has played 11,000 minutes more. he's scored 43 goals via penalties & you are saying scholes lost?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
In Euro 2012, Paul Schols was played in the wing to accommodate both Gerald and Lampard in midfield. In a previous argument, we were told that because Gerald was played on the wing to accommodate Lampard in midfield in the world cup, it meant Lampard was the better player.

Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nihilist: Besides, how can you be a patriotic Nigerian and support a club whose players engage in this kind of illegal activity?

If this was at Onikan stadium, they would have been arrested immediately after the game grin
@ least he wasn't drinking cum ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
elampiro:

That was a good troll. Sebi an by goals and assist na dem dey determine who play pass?
stats can only support an argument up to a certain stage.
That is it gets to a stage where clinging on to stats to support certain arguments becomes just plain silly.

Like the bebe vs david beckham (based on goal to game ratio cheesy )

In other news I've just seen us being linked to inter's kovacic.
I just hope this is true.
He would be a great buy.
I've seen this kid a couple of times.
I was impressed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
elampiro:

You got the bold wrong from the stat posted by coogar. Rather, Lampard had more assists (58) than Scholes (18) in set play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
tess1:

You got the bold wrong from the stat posted by coogar. Rather, Lampard had more assists (58) than Scholes (18) in set play.

elampiro has always been poor reading statistics. he had F in general mathematics in SSCE.

scholes had 120 open play assists, lampard had 115 open play assists and lampard played 11,000 more league minutes than scholes.

elampiro still thinks lampard is better? grin

lampard scored 129 league goals(excluding penalties), scholes scored 106 league goals(excluding penalties) but lampard played 11,000 more minutes than scholes....

elampiro still thinks lampard is better?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
coogar:

elampiro has always been poor reading statistics. he had F in general mathematics in SSCE.

scholes had 120 open play assists, lampard had 115 open play assists and lampard played 11,000 more league minutes than scholes.

elampiro still thinks lampard is better? grin

lampard scored 129 league goals(excluding penalties), scholes scored 106 league goals(excluding penalties) but lampard played 11,000 more minutes than scholes....

elampiro still thinks lampard is better?

Lol.

I never said Lampard is better. But what do you have to say about Lamaprd and Gerald stats which are far superior than Xavi's and Pirlo's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
elampiro:
Lol.

I never said Lampard is better. But what do you have to say about Lamaprd and Gerald stats which are far superior than Xavi's and Pirlo's.

by the time you strip down the stats by looking at the minutes played, open play assists & goals excluding penalties, i won't be surprised xavi/pirlo would be better per minute.

scholes is far superior to any midfielder in the premier league. i would even take cesc fabregas before lampard & gerrard. i just saw a list of the top 20 assist makers in the history of premier league and.........

ashley young is 17th on that chart! the same ashley young that many fans here have condemned as a damaged good! grin

elampiro:
Lol.

elampiro:

explain how scholes lost to lampard. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
PietroRico: stats can only support an argument up to a certain stage.
That is it gets to a stage where clinging on to stats to support certain arguments becomes just plain silly.

0n this thread alone, one woulda lost count of the ridiculously 1diotic comparisons and assertions based on "what numbers say".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
premier league all time assists
284 - giggs
173 - lampard
166 - gerrard
152 - beckham

147 - bergkamp
144 - henry
142 - rooney
138 - scholes

135 - cole
126 - anderton
122 - shearer
119 - fabregas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
coogar:

by the time you strip down the stats by looking at the minutes played, open play assists & goals excluding penalties, i won't be surprised xavi/pirlo would be better per minute.

scholes is far superior to any midfielder in the premier league. i would even take cesc fabregas before lampard & gerrard. i just saw a list of the top 20 assist makers in the history of premier league and.........

ashley young is 17th on that chart! the same ashley young that many fans here have condemned as a damaged good! grin

explain how scholes lost to lampard. grin

* Lampard and Gerald are way too far ahead for Pirlo and Xavi to catch up. They may catch Gerald on assist thou.

* Young has many assist, but he has never played as number 2. One reason Val's assists may have dropped. I think it was only Val's first season he didn't play many matches as a number 2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
Gerald has 166 assist? Then Xavi and Pirlo can't ever get close to that, even after salt and pepper have been filtered out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
elampiro:
* Lampard and Gerald are way too far ahead for Pirlo and Xavi to catch up. They may catch Gerald on assist thou.

you never know - the way chelsea fans have been shouting lampard's name, would you ever have guessed scholes is better than him with goals/assists stripped down to open play stats?

* Young has many assist, but he has never played as number 2. One reason Val's assists may have dropped. I think it was only Val's first season he didn't play many matches as a number 2.

and a certain baines copped gazillion of assists from the same position. dani alves had about 30 assists in one season for barcelona from the same position. full-backs cop assists too, valencia has no excuse - he's just a very poor footballer.

elampiro: Gerald has 166 assist? Then Xavi and Pirlo can't ever get close to that, even after salt and pepper have been filtered out.

only 98 of them were from open play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
Dadehmola:

0n this thread alone, one woulda lost count of the ridiculously 1diotic comparisons and assertions based on "what numbers say".

lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
^
Baines= set plays

Alves= He has Messi who converts anything. He also takes corner kicks.

Pirlo assists = 42, Xavi 66. (Set play inclusive)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
elampiro: ^
Baines= set plays
Alves= He has Messi who converts anything. He also takes corner kicks.

he has messi? so valencia doesn't have rooney? abeg, messi/xavi take most of the set-pieces for barca.

in alves' first 4 seasons - he generated 63 assists for barca. in 10/11, he had 15 opta assists. that's probably around 28 assists if you use the premier league standard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KelvinGraphics(m): 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: What's up Oga??
Nothing sir... Xo u too na Man Utd person?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Gerrard is crappp.. My one cent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:03am On Aug 07, 2014
Scholes anytime anyday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 7:31am On Aug 07, 2014
Almost all big clubs are having a bad pre-season, except Man u! 'This is a bad omen'! undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:20am On Aug 07, 2014
homesteady: Almost all big clubs are having a bad pre-season, except Man u! 'This is a bad omen'! undecided

which kind bad omen!

I dont know why guys just like saying anything!
moreover, cos we're wiped in preseason during Nwoye David era doesn't mean we shd not win now!!!

my bro, LvG is the man... fresh air!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:24am On Aug 07, 2014
Please explain how playing good football & scoring great team-goals can be bad omen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:02am On Aug 07, 2014
homesteady: Almost all big clubs are having a bad pre-season, except Man u! 'This is a bad omen'! undecided

it's not bad omen....
we are the only one that fell from a high position out of all the big clubs so we needed to start the season with all seriousness like we mean business.

arsenal, chelsea & man city have nothing to prove. they all finished where one would expect them to finish. moyes got us into this pit and we must climb out of it first & foremost.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 07, 2014
Odunharry: Scholes anytime anyday

Exactly! Xavi said his only regret was getting not to play with Scholes cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2014
ChristineC: Please explain how playing good football & scoring great team-goals can be bad omen

Na wa woo, Na only you waka come?

(1) (2) (3) ... (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.