Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,524 members, 7,895,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8962107 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swash042(m): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
"@fake9janews: Manchester United Fans Open Church of Van Gaal"

http:///2014/08/manchester-united-fans-open-church-van-gaal/ grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

you know i used to think jones would become jaap stam when he first arrived. fergie actually compared him to duncan edwards furo iyenemi. i thought he had potential then......& i still do but only as a rugby player for my local pub.

grin grin grin

After cracking Rooney's skull like a coconut in training

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
MrTA: Turns out that vidal instagram account was fake. Carry on. undecided
Well whatever.
Still think his chances are slim to zero for signing for us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hope the thread continues like this and at least for once be free from fullback,middleback issh..it's been annoying..

In other words,looserpool fans be like RODGERS OUT MOYES IN!..

Let's all enjoy the GAAL moment
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
We won against LA Galaxy........It was a small club
We won against AS Roma......It was just a friendly
We won against Inter Milan.....It was just on
penalty We won against Madrid.......Ronaldo didn't
come in on time We've finally beaten Liverpool......
.Maybe their goalkeeper forgot to drink his coffee
before the match.... Haters why can't you accept
Glorious UNITED!!!

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Lol funny
United are going to win the league this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 6:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
ChristineC: Lol funny
United are going to win the league this season

Not just the league, but next year's election as well...

Mscheew

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nihilist:

Mscheew
That's my own prediction, you can make yours & peace be unto thee

but if my prediction turns out correct, you may drive down to Manchester & seize the trophy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
Man Utd Will Win The UCL, Case Closed!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
chrisley024: 3 pen in 5 games is poor
that's why there is room for improvement as we all agree
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
StarBoard: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2716380/Louis-van-Gaal-piece-silverware-unbeaten-pre-season-tour-Manchester-United-five-things-learned.html
I know it's daily mail but the article seems to be making sense.
why exactly the media always says Hernandez & Kagawa don't fit into van Gaal's new system beats me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Nihilist:

Mscheew
are you saying its impossible for Man United to win the 2014/2015 league title?
I know say your Moyes dreams still dey very much intact but try wake up to today grin grin grin we now have a WORLD CLASS MANAGER angry
swallow that

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
SailorXY:
why exactly the media always says Hernandez & Kagawa don't fit into van Gaal's new system beats me
Do you always mind those sh•t aßßes .... They talk as if they know more bout our club .... I so care less bout their ßhitty opinions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
SailorXY:
that's why there is room for improvement as we all agree

Taking this tournament in isolation, Jones and his back men have been world class. Jones was praised to high heavens after the Madrid game. Even Cannavaro, Ramos, Pepe, Pique, etc are sometimes made to look like novice.

Howeve, Jones tackle which resulted in the penalty was senseless. There was no single threat from that point. On the overall play, there is a room for improvement as you said. These are young defenders who haven't been given opportunity to play as regular central backs for the club and at top le level. This is their learning curve.

These Liverpool forwards are some of the best fluid forward assembled by a team. They create the highest number of chances in the EPL, if not the whole of Europe. The number of clear cut chances created for Suarez and Sturridge were so high when compared to other clubs. It was a final we played against them, and it was never going to be a walk over. Let's not forget, they hammered us at OT last season, it could easily have been five nil. I think that was the match Vidic was made to look like a pupil and he was sent off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

you know i used to think jones would become jaap stam when he first arrived. fergie actually compared him to duncan edwards. i thought he had potential then......& i still do but only as a rugby player for my local pub.

Don't forget Jones is 21 and he has never been used regularly as a centre back. When used regularly, Jones could become one of the best CB in the world. May be same with Smalling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
elampiro:
Don't forget Jones is 21 and he has never been used regularly as a centre back. When used regularly, Jones could become one of the best CB in the world. May be same with Smalling.

so his age is the reason he charged like that in the box to make a tackle? blackett has more football intelligence than phil jones.

phil jones = white version of micah richards.
all power - no brains, no panache, no football brain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
coogar:

so his age is the reason he charged like that in the box to make a tackle? blackett has more football intelligence than phil jones.

phil jones = white version of micah richards.
all power - no brains, no panache, no football brain.

Blackett ko bedshit ni.

So it seems because he plays on the side. It's harder to read the game in the middle. It could easily be concluded Evra has more football brain than Vidic and Fedinand.

Anyway, until Blackett takes out Ribbery/Arjen Robben in a UCL knockout fixture as Jones did. Jones took out both at Old Trafford and went to the Alianz Arena to silence Ribery.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 8:09am On Aug 06, 2014
i doubt it if man u will sign any other player this summer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 8:09am On Aug 06, 2014
i doubt it if man u will sign any other player this summer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:01am On Aug 06, 2014
Utd still need midfielders. A season is long and players get injured
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2014
The media are now so clueless about our transfer, that they wouldn't know what to report no more .... I am loving this cos i am tired of all this inert rumours
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
JayKayMaybachz: The media are now so clueless about our transfer, that they wouldn't know what to report no more .... I am loving this cos i am tired of all this inert rumours

Sir!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
"Brendan Rogers has suggested that van Gaal is in for a surprise in the premier league."

I think this is like Steven Gerrard advising Ryan Giggs about winning a league trophy hm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
chai, howard webb has retired. chai, ok there is mark clattenberg but can he handle this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
Incase you are new on this thread,u might not know this but we do ignore the 2 monikers above me..thanks

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Aug 6, 2014 09:25:00

The Chile coach has insisted the main reason the 27-year-old has not left Juventus for Old Trafford yet is due to the new manager's concerns over his recovery from knee surgery

Louis van Gaal is holding up Manchester United's purchase of Arturo Vidal due to concerns over the Juventus star's right knee, according to Chile coach Jorge Sampaoli.

The 27-year-old underwent surgery in May in the hope of fixing a persistent meniscus injury once and for all, with his fitness subsequently hampered during the World Cup.

Goal understands Vidal met with his agent and senior officials in July to discuss the possibility of a transfer to Old Trafford and Sampaoli says the reason no transfer has been completed is down to Van Gaal.

"Manchester United want Vidal, but Van Gaal has some doubts," Sampaoli told El Mercurio.

"Right now the great obstacle to his $80 million [£47m] transfer from Juventus to Manchester United is over the improvement of Arturo's knee.

"Vidal set a great example at the World Cup in Brazil by playing when he wasn't in perfect shape."

United have been chasing Vidal for much of the summer, with Juventus chief executive Giuseppe Marotta adamant the Chile star would only be sold if he expressed a desire to leave Turin.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/08/06/5012136/van-gaal-holding-up-vidals-manchester-united-move-sampaoli?CMPID=FBINT=140806_vidalvangaal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
last season Fergie retired and seriously undermined #MUFC's effort in the league/cup.

This season its Howard Webb.

chai. This is the wprk of Dayokanu's Juju man
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

Sir!!
What's up Oga??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Barcelona legend Xavi has
revealed he regrets that he never
had the chance to play alongside Manchester United legend Paul Scholes.

The Spanish midfielder announced
his retirement from international
football this week after 133 caps
and three major trophies as part of
Spain’s golden generation of
football. Asked if he regretted anything
from his 16-year career, Xavi
said he wished he could have
played with the Old Trafford hero. “When I think about all I have
won with Spain and Barcelona and
all the great players I have played
with, it is impossible for me to have
any regrets,” he said.

“Maybe one small regret is I never
got to play with Paul Scholes. But I was never going to leave
Barcelona and he was never going
to leave Manchester United.” Xavi has always made it
abundantly clear he is a huge fan
of Scholes. Back in 2011, he told
the Daily Mail: “In the last 15-20
years the best midfielder I’ve seen
– the most complete, is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso
about this many times. “Scholes is a spectacular player
who has everything. He can play
the final pass, he can score, he is
strong, he never gets knocked off
the ball and doesn’t give
possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would
have been valued more.

thepeoplesperson.com/2014/08/06/xavi-regret-never-played-alongside-paul-scholes-50401/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
.Barcelona legend Xavi has
revealed he regrets that he never
had the chance to play alongside Manchester United legend Paul Scholes.

The Spanish midfielder announced
his retirement from international
football this week after 133 caps
and three major trophies as part of
Spain’s golden generation of
football. Asked if he regretted anything
from his 16-year career, Xavi
said he wished he could have
played with the Old Trafford hero. “When I think about all I have
won with Spain and Barcelona and
all the great players I have played
with, it is impossible for me to have
any regrets,” he said.

“Maybe one small regret is I never
got to play with Paul Scholes. But I was never going to leave
Barcelona and he was never going
to leave Manchester United.” Xavi has always made it
abundantly clear he is a huge fan
of Scholes. Back in 2011, he told
the Daily Mail: “In the last 15-20
years the best midfielder I’ve seen
– the most complete, is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso
about this many times. “Scholes is a spectacular player
who has everything. He can play
the final pass, he can score, he is
strong, he never gets knocked off
the ball and doesn’t give
possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would
have been valued more.

www.thepeoplesperson.com/2014/08/06/xavi-regret-never-played-alongside-paul-scholes-50401/

Edgar Davids: “I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is. We can all learn from Paul Scholes.”

Zinedine Zidane: “He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never get tired of watching him play. One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself.”

Thierry Henry: “Without any doubt the best player in the Premiership.”

Rio Ferdinand: “He’ll do ridiculous things in training like say: “You see that tree there?” – it’ll be 40 yards away – “I’m going to hit it.” And he’ll do it. Everyone at the club considers him the best.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lampard had more goals and assist than 'Poor Scholes' sha....

And the albino couldn't tackle either...

Lampard>>>>>>>>>>Scholes

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.