Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,599 members, 7,895,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 09:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8963663 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
RuuDie: In other news, e be like Fellaini don cut his afro oh!

grin

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2014/07/10/4950237/extra-time-fellaini-shaves-off-his-afro
Stale!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=royale442][/quote]
e don cut am since na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2014
Odunharry:
e don cut am since na
I think immediately after the world cup or even bfr self! But it's not recent sha!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Dt hair dey weigh him body now, lets hope he will b able to move faster now.
plus the extra breeze touching his head should make him play more intelligently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2014
adebayo201:
I think immediately after the world cup or even bfr self! But it's not recent sha!
yeah...after the mundial
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by boyo44: 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
Too bad we can not even get vermaleen
he joined barca officially

http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/5021459
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:27pm On Aug 09, 2014
Likely gonna lose Cuadrado(don't even want the guy) to Barca according to some sources.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
We dont need cuadrado. He is a good player but we already have 3 right wingbacks.
if hummels aint coming and vermaelen is gone we could go for daley blind as a squad player and add depth to the defence.
also a midfielder( preferably vidal) should come
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
afrodoc: We dont need cuadrado. He is a good player but we already have 3 right wingbacks.
if hummels aint coming and vermaelen is gone we could go for daley blind as a squad player and add depth to the defence.

I tire for the constant cuadrado talk oo. From what I have been reading, It isn't as if he can really do a job at WB (coupled with the fact that we seem adequately covered in that department anyways).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
afrodoc: We dont need cuadrado. He is a good player but we already have 3 right wingbacks.
Ya, and shift Carrick and Blackett to the defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
chrisley024: Ya, and shift Carrick and Blackett to the defence.

blackett and blind compete for LCB positions. both of them are comfortable playing there cos its similar to their natural positions and they are both great passers of the ball.
Carrick to move to the bench. If he had some pace he could have had some use in a 3 man defense but he is as slow as tortoise
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2014
"At this moment, we have five number nines and four
number 10s – and we don't have wingers to give us
attacking width," he told reporters.
"Or, I should say, we don't have wingers of the
highest level, like Ronaldo or Di Maria or somebody
like that.
"So, I have to play in another way – and you have seen that
already. I only buy when I think we need to buy – in the
position that is necessary."

I don't know what exactly van Gaal is implying here, but I think he means that our no. 9s & 10s are @ levels he likes.
he will also prefer better wingers than what he's currently got
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:58am On Aug 10, 2014
SailorXY: "At this moment, we have five number nines and four
like that.

I don't know what exactly van Gaal is implying here, but I think he means that our no. 9s & 10s are @ levels he likes.
His mention of Di maria could mean he's after him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
SailorXY: "At this moment, we have five number nines and four
like that.

I don't know what exactly van Gaal is implying here, but I think he means that our no. 9s & 10s are @ levels he likes

SailorXY, take time oh. How can you say you don't know what Gaal is implying? Let me help you.

Gaal implies Ronaldo and Di Maria are wingers of the highest order. Note it 'highest order'.

Gaal implies non of our wingers is near that level- including Ashley Young. Infact he said 'NO winger to give us attacking width'.

Gaal implies he cannot play 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 because all our current wingers are not of world class quality as Ronaldo and Di Maria or someone like that t deliver the goodies for a big club like Man United.

Gaal implies he has no problem in the number 10 and 9 positions irrespective of the formation he wants to play. But there are too many players there. With good price, some would be sold.

Gaal implies he needs to buy a world class winger if available.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
if it's true hummels is available @ £25m and woodward is reluctant to pay, then he's a bastärd. how can we pay £28m for an unproven, untested & overrated featherweight like luke shaw & miss out on hummels?

we need these 4 players asap....
buy
vidal(£45m)
hummels(£25m)
cudrado(£20m)
moses simon - the nigerian ronaldo(£2m)

sell:
valencia(£20m)
carrick(£15m)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
chrisley024: His mention of Di maria could mean he's after him

Who wouldn't want Di Maria in his team with his enormous ability? His name alone goes with prestige. The aura around him will be great. The number 7 shirt straight- and to immediately be the most sold shirt in the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
coogar: if it's true hummels is available @ £25m and woodward is reluctant to pay, then he's a bastärd. how can we pay £28m for an unproven, untested & overrated featherweight like luke shaw & miss out on hummels?

we need these 3 players asap....

vidal(£45m)
hummels(£25m)
cudrado(£20m)

sell:
valencia(£20m)
carrick(£15m)

I do not think we can sell Valenncia for 20M... Who willl buy Carrick for 15M??

At the moment as starting to be worried about these whole Transfer saga. I thought by now unwanted players would have been released ad needed players bought to have more time to solidify the team play and understanding. I think there are lots of things we fans are not aware of and I strongly doubt LVG would reject Hummels without having a better option.

I hope some movements are made to happen this week else.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
capricornian:

At the moment as starting to be worried about these whole Transfer saga. I thought by now unwanted players would have been released ad needed players bought to have more time to solidify the team play and understanding. I think there are lots of things we fans are not aware of and I strongly doubt LVG would reject Hummels without having a better option.

exactly what I'm thinking
I was also believing that by now our buy & sale would've been up, it surprises we are still mired in every speculation possible
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
elampiro:

Who wouldn't want Di Maria in his team with his enormous ability? His name alone goes with prestige. The aura around him will be great. The number 7 shirt straight- and to immediately be the most sold shirt in the EPL.
The issue is where he'd be played with formation? Unless until LvG reverts to 4-3-3
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
capricornian:

any of everton, swansea, spurs, west brom, stoke, etc would bite carrick off our hands.

it's far trickier than that.
vidal has dodgy knees - we wouldn't want hargreaves situation all over again. vidal was rushed back to play the world cup after having knee surgery. he didn't let the knee heal before going to brazil - there's a very high tendency he might have aggravated the knee and that would be bad market for us.

van gaal wants to be sure everything is right before splashing £45m on arturo. nothing will happen until juventus return back to italy. there are rumours his agent is ready to tender our bid to their club so let's keep our fingers crossed. moving on......we should have tied up
cudrado & blind by now. i dunno what that mumu woodward is doing. since he returned back from america, he has not done a single deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
michael carrick is 33yrs old and last season showed that he had lost what little pace and agility he had. Any club that buys him for 15million should sack its CEO.
I don't see valencia going for 20m either unless one foreign nouveau riche club decides to replicate PSG's foolishness.

In the comments attributed to Van Gaal about our wingers he is just saying what some of us have been saying all along.....our wide men are mediocre as wingers or wingforwards. They lack to creativity and consistency needed to play that role at the highest levels.
Nani's problem is more of consistency while the one-legged Valencia and the hunchbacked Young more of creativity.

What Van Gaal is implying is that if for any reason we have to change formation to 4231 or 442 during this season we might be in trouble with our present crop of wingers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ramsey > Yaya Toure
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
Keky: Ramsey > Yaya Toure

based on 45 mins?
nah - toure is so much better than this. he's clearly unfit. the coming season would tell us more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
SailorXY:
like that.
already

......a polite way of LVG saying ; "currently, all our wingers (maybe with the exception of januzaj) are Watford standard"....if you ask me! undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
coogar:

it's far trickier than that.
vidal has dodgy knees - we wouldn't want hargreaves situation all over again. vidal was rushed back to play the world cup after having knee surgery. he didn't let the knee heal before going to brazil - there's a very high tendency he might have aggravated the knee and that would be bad market for us.

van gaal wants to be sure everything is right before splashing £45m on arturo. nothing will happen until juventus return back to italy. there are rumours his agent is ready to tender our bid to their club so let's keep our fingers crossed.
what ive been telling peeps here.
Someone whose fitness is questionable deserves every bit of caution before signing.No matter whom it is.
Vidal needs to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can add to us. its no point paying £45 million or there about for someone who will be spending more time in the treating room than on the pitch. As much as we need someone like him, I don't see the need to gamble with someone who is yet to prove his fitness.

coogar:
moving on......we should have tied up
cudrado & blind by now. i dunno what that mumu woodward is doing. since he returned back from america, he has not done a single deal.
Not sure what we need now is Cuedrado.
Blind may be ok for ball handling but I prefer Vlaar to him from the Dutch side to Brazil.
Even at that there is no enquiry made for him by us so far.
Woodward is a dunce.
I thought the way he was rushing back to the UK and running his mouth we would be unveiling a plethora of signings.

However this situation is a partly caused by van Gaal not having the full summer to evaluate United and identify signings due to his participation in Brazil. Though not his fault entirely, I just believe we would have had an idea as to what our side would look like if he wasnt in Brazil.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by boyo44: 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
if not because of nani stupidity what is dimaria playing that he can not play. he failed to mature. if he has work ethics like Valencia he should be a top class winger like roben ribery and co. he kept betraying my trust
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
coogar:
StarBoard:

I agree with you as regards Vidal but that's not the only poosition we lacking. Blind is a decent player so why can't that Woodhead get him on time? We are in a serious situation and I expect us to take the bull by the horn. Both players we signed were not contested for. Vermealen was contested for and we lost out.

Woodhead is only good with sponsorship deals!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
maybe Woodward should just focus on this sponsor-grabbing & we get another man to manage transfers

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
That's simply the way out honestly

SailorXY: maybe Woodward should just focus on this sponsor-grabbing & we get another man to manage transfers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
Yeah, not happy with the lack of transfers since the Shaw and Herrera flurry especially since the season starts next week!

Woodward fall my hand big time when I was praising him before.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
StarBoard:
what ive been telling peeps here.
Someone whose fitness is questionable deserves every bit of caution before signing.No matter whom it is.
Vidal needs to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can add to us. its no point paying £45 million or there about for someone who will be spending more time in the treating room than on the pitch. As much as we need someone like him, I don't see the need to gamble with someone who is yet to prove his fitness.

tear of the lateral meniscus is a very bad injury to have. if we are not careful, this is owen hargreaves all over again. this is the kinda injury that screwed the career of ledley king. every time he tried running with his knee, it kept getting inflamed & that was because he didn't let it heal the first time.

van gaal's patience is justified - vidal didn't start in their friendly against an australian team. i am guessing this would be a deadline transfer if it's going to happen at all. vidal must be given time to play before we sign the dotted lines.

Not sure what we need now is Cuedrado.
Blind may be ok for ball handling but I prefer Vlaar to him from the Dutch side to Brazil.
Even at that there is no enquiry made for him by us so far.

those kinda transfers are dead-on!
let's take care of the difficult ones first. blind & his club cannot turn our offer down if it comes. blind would love to play for van gaal again & again.

Woodward is a dunce.
I thought the way he was rushing back to the UK and running his mouth we would be unveiling a plethora of signings.

he rushed back the same way last season & he failed at it. he's a posh boy, he cannot get his hands dirty & get things done like that crook at spurs or david dein of arsenal.

However this situation is a partly caused by van Gaal not having the full summer to evaluate United and identify signings due to his participation in Brazil. Though not his fault entirely, I just believe we would have had an idea as to what our side would look like if he wasnt in Brazil.

thank feck we have easy fixtures in our first 8 league games. i expect nothing less than 22 points in those fixtures. we can afford to wait till the 31st to see what woodward has in store for us. if it's true hummels is available @ £25m and we fail to buy him, i will start a riot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
coogar:

based on 45 mins?
nah - toure is so much better than this. he's clearly unfit. the coming season would tell us more.
Not 45 mins Coogar, dude performed 2day. Ramsey will stroll into any EPL team. He'll be a starter in any EPL team. And you knw this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: olabode89(m), Shegzdave, iamharkinwaley, DeeScan and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.