Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,029 members, 7,966,795 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:44 PM

Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! (30438 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
some peeps NEVER see anything good in others,

instead of at least, commending this effort,

they go yapping it aint new, WTF sad sad sad

if i cant make(invent) a new thing, i can at least improve upon an existing invention, f**k all da freaking haters, mtchewwwwwww

COVENANT UNIVERSITY, frm mathe-matics to life- matics.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Skywalker5(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
The good thing is Nigerians are not doing more of research rather than buying technology and maintaining it. This does not look up to standard but at least its going to a good direction and if other researcher learn this technology and build on it,it gonna be better. At least that way developed countries do. They learn and understand someones else's  idea and they find a way to make it better.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Skywalker5(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2012
The good thing is Nigerians are now doing more of research rather than buying technology and maintaining it. This does not look up to standard but at least its going to a good direction and if other researcher learn this technology and build on it,it gonna be better. At least that way developed countries do. They learn and understand someones else's idea and they find a way to make it better.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by kutchs: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
Trust Nigerians. Very gud at criticising but poor at building. Even if the CU stuff is not a novelty it still demands commendation. Imagine driving fuel less car in Nigeria now wit the high cost of fuel. Go on jare CU dont mind these neva do gooders on nl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
I think the engines are inside the boots of the car (just kidding)
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by babyboy3(m): 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
some peeps NEVER see anything good in others,

instead of at least, commending this effort,

they go yapping it aint new, WTF

if i cant make(invent) a new thing, i can at least improve upon an existing invention, bleep all da freaking haters, mtchewwwwwww

COVENANT UNIVERSITY, frm mathe-matics to life- matics.

Its people like you who once upon a time the Colonial master gave a mirror to, in exchanged for a bowl sized diamond!!!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by badesco(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2012
Nice one indeed, but i hope it would be like the man in the 70s that use a Volkswagen beetle engine to build and fly a plane and it was shown on NTA Station, since then nothing was heard of the man and the invention. Covenant keep the good work.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by alex406(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
Nice development. Hope it will be available for public use soon.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Oluwa4Sure: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
baby-boy:

Its people like you who once upon a time the Colonial master gave a mirror to, in exchanged for a bowl sized diamond!!!

OMGosh!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Mobinga: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
Good stuff. These are what I want to be seeing.

I know some ldiots would come in  and start yarning trash about it and how the invention has been around for billions of years.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by UyiIredia(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
I believe it.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Mobinga: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
baby-boy:

No.

It is absolute mo[i]r[/i]ons like you, who rather than applauding an uncommon Nigerian achievement would have derogatory remarks towards it if he feels its been done before or is nothing new.

What an arsehole.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by UyiIredia(m): 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
Believe ke ! I have seen the car. I haven't driven it yet.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by faithin9ja: 3:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
sorry I am not impressed;

see what Nigerians are doing with the right motivation and finance behind them;

JELANI ALIYU, THE NIGERIAN WHO DESIGNED GM ELECTRIC CAR, THE VOLT
http://gm-volt.com/about/
http://theblacklistpub.ning.com/profiles/blogs/jelani-aliyu-the-nigerian-who

compare this to tokunbo that any roadside mechanic can attempt, are you telling me the senior lecturers, professors and  researchers in Covenant, this is the best they can come up with? A beg make dem no shame us in the international arena.

Covenant University with all the money behind them should be doing what Universities around the world are doing some real hard core research, not this rubbish, which just goes to prove CU is just a glorified secondary school (technical college for that matter)
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Reference(m): 3:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
Even if we cannot achieve let the coming generations know that at we tried one thing. How can one fault an attempt but for the folly in my people.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by efosanice: 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
Can Imagine driving this car and then it suddenly stops, reason low battery, you push it off the road to the people around, you beg them to let you charge your car in their house, they tell you sorry, there is no light and refer you to the nearest barbing saloon,
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Shola2009(m): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
what all the kudos for? the technology has been around for years and year naw . . . or am i missing something. its simply going to the internet and replicating what other people have already done. Students should be encourage not to reinvent the wheel,but to do something out of the box.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by faithin9ja: 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
The more I think of this the more it annoys me, this is techical secondary material.

Why can't these scientists or designers start on something smaller, like improve a 'spark plug' or something, so they can patent their new technology and sell to worldwide manufacturers.

ignoramus
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by abhosts(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
A journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. This move needs to be commended because it appears to have been assembled by the Students themselves.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by xavier3g(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
I laugh in Engineering:::

http://thedancingpumpkin..com/2012/02/covenant-university-unveils-fuel-less.html

people that are talking should take a look at uganda own vehicle, built at their university of engineering a while ago, pictures are in link above.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by kayroy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
Though this might not be an innovation in itself, it's an highly commendable application of an existing technology, Nigerian universities and educational system has been missing one of the key ingredients that makes education relevant in any society which is research. Schools are not places where you just go and cram big equations, they are there to solve the problem of the society, make life easier for the populace and constantly 'research' how to improve existing processes. It's a laudable project and this university has definitely started on the right path.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by prettyboi1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2012
Man we have a lot of sick people in this country who do nothing but sit down,insult,criticize stupid*ly,diss & hardly ever have anything good to say, this isn't new technology,but we should at least be proud that we can make this in our country which has become soo much of a consuming nation rather than a producing nation. GREAT THINGS START FROM LITTLE BEGINNINGS & I seriously pray that this innovation is not allowed to die like a lot of similar projects in the past. People should please key into this,invest in it,sponsor those dudes,& start a proudly made Nigerian car manufacturing company. China started its technology small small,today they run the whole world,Korea started KIA as a small scale car company today its known worldwide & is still getting better,Steve Jobs started Apple with his partner in his room & they changed the history of the world with several beautiful innovations,Bill Gates started computer programming as a kid & grew up to make the most popular computer operating system the world has known so far, In the whole of Africa since the beginning of the world, have we ever done stuff that stands up to the world? NO, it's not because we don't have smart people,WE DO HAVE SOOOOO MANY SMART but we never support or encourage them,we always under-rate our own things which is sad--------------Father in Heaven please don't allow this be one of those "one time news & forever die" projects,bless this project & make it bigger to the Glory of your Holy Wonderful name & also to the pride of Nigeria & Africa as a whole. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by ekwynwa: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
Is this a joke or what
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tomzman: 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2012
Quite nice
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by moshoodn(m): 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
xavier3g:

I laugh in Engineering:::

http://thedancingpumpkin..com/2012/02/covenant-university-unveils-fuel-less.html

people that are talking should take a look at uganda own vehicle, built at their university of engineering a while ago, pictures are in link above.
i smile in invention.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by kizito96(m): 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
Good Try
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by AZeD1(m): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
Well at least they are thinking. My only problems are
1)From the pictures above i'm not sure how the battery charging is done cos if its individually them they need to do a version two sharp sharp
2)Electric car in a country without electric aint too economically(solving Nigeria's problem 1st should be top of their research activities).
All in all, they are not standing still,
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Reference(m): 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
When you consider that in this same country there are insurgents hell bent on destroying anything moving forward having invented crude but effective weapons which we all acknowledge why then dismiss any force for good.

A few months we were rubbishing the laudable efforts and achievements of Innoson only to complain about the billions to be spent by legislators to import vehicles. Utterly unbelievable. I pity this country. Government has seen the peoples' confusion so thoroughly that even in the face of fuel scarcity it will destroy local built and run refineries to maintain their hegemony while we stand by and applaud.

A country that cannot even produce underwear for its citizens and whose biggest commercially available industrial invention is the pepper grinder (without engine) should celebrate not their own but perhaps China for keeping them alive.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by valencia25(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
I need a Driver license urgently, pls how much is it going to cost me? @All
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by kufreabasi(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
The giants that will take over the world are emanating from this ground. Thank you Jesus
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by JAZES(m): 4:02pm On Feb 21, 2012
At least let us commend them now. Its a good starting point as far as am concerned.
Kudos to CU for this one.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by MrMurdah: 4:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
Why do we celebrate mediocrity? The key is whether this project is novel, that is, is it different from all the prior existing inventions? The answer is no. Battery-powered cars have been made for over 20 years, and now the technology has evolved to hybrid cars. There are also full-electric cars, and the batteries are made of lithium and can last anywhere from 150-300 miles on one charge. The latest technology in electric cars are high-performance electric cars, that is, electric cars that boast around 400-500 horse power, can go from 0-60mph in less than 10seconds, and can drive for 150-350 miles on a single charge. The leading companies with the high-performance electric cars are Tesla Motors and Fisker motors, both from the United States.

To make a make-shift version of existing technologies is not something to be celebrated. Let's celebrate novelty.

You are yapping about high technology cars and companies.

And a young genius in Nigeria, with no support except from a church ministry does something grand and you are shooting it down.

You are looking for something novel from Nigeria, a first from Nigeria before highly developed countries like the US, Germany, Japan and UK?

Wake up.

Only thing that smacks of novelty in Nigeria is juju and the witches that find more novel ways to kill and frustrate people.

For someone, who seems versed in car technology, I expected you to realize this sense of advancement from the backwater continent of Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / Law Lecturer Pulls An April Fool Prank Test On His Students In UNICAL / Castro Ezama: 60% Of Girls In Secondary Schools In Cross River Are Not Virgins

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.