Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,572 members, 7,934,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:29 PM

Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! (30390 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by mygee33(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
Thats what we need
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by bigsean(m): 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
Are u guys living in an impermeable bubble
this is re-inventing the wheel.
there are 100% fuel-less cars already developed to commercial purpose.
Nothing to see here, lets move on.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2012
Even if its one of the oldest technology, why cant you just appreciate the effort? Remember you can't become whatever thing criticizes, One love
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by babyboy3(m): 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
sorry I am not impressed;

see what Nigerians are doing with the right motivation and finance behind them;

JELANI ALIYU, THE NIGERIAN WHO DESIGNED GM ELECTRIC CAR, THE VOLT

That is what I call invention, not an old Honda Civic and some batteries
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
Even if its one of the oldest technology, why cant you just appreciate the effort? Remember you can't become whatever thing you criticizes, One love
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by irich21(m): 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
Congratulations!!!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tkb417(m): 4:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
really do not care if its re-inventing the 'cart'

at least it shows someone sat down to do something and not for once yahoo yahoo

one day we'll grow from re-inventing wheels to building wheels

and if u make jest of this and u havent done one thing in all the years uve spent in life, u need help
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by humblebee: 4:25pm On Feb 21, 2012
wrongest place to find encouragement; NAIRALAND-- full of losers who sit back to watch the world advancing right in their face and never appreciate wat a few can do with little or no resources, bunch of ODEs
whereas their highest achievements are Masters degree, shior

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by eprynce(m): 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
So u call this an invention? Well, invest your money then,
Half education na bad thing! grin
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by babyboy3(m): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
Theirs one thing inventing, coming up with idea, re re re, which is brilliant! and thats what everyone wants to see,

BUT!!!!!!!!!!! for them to come out and say it could run between 70kph and 120kph which sounds like a load of bull to me, because those batteries would drain under a mile and I dont see anything charging the battery.

We all would like to see a video of the car moving!!!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by DualCore1: 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
Good initiative. Implementation is a waste of time. Build things in a bid to extend its present state of development not in a bid to replicate things.
This end product (as it were) should be the output of a development phase in a bigger project. . .

That BS of the car doing over 100 Km/H with that set up (no recharging on-the-go) I see in the pic is just what it is. . . BS.
Is someone confusing the size of batteries to be directly proportional to their output? Big battery, big power  undecided
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by babyboy3(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
Are you familiar with the phrase "A LITTLE KNOWLEDGE IS A DANGEROUS THING"
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by DualCore1: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
tkb417:

really do not care if its re-inventing the 'cart'

at least it shows someone sat down to do something and not for once yahoo yahoo

one day we'll grow from re-inventing wheels to building wheels

and if u make jest of this and u havent done one thing in all the years uve spent in life, u need help

I want to believe your over 17,000 posts are of a better quality.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by bigsean(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
lets not celebrate mediocrity abeg, if it was even "modified-existing technology", i for gree, but not re-inventing a substandard product and calling it a "break through".
If a car company was investing money in ur research and u gave them this, they fit slap u ontop the matter oh.
one dude has already articulated my point in an earlier post. "@Princek12 "
Have u heard of tesla?? - 100% no fuel and still giving u ridiculous horsepower!
this is era of internet oh, u cant just come and tell boys BS, we must catch u now.
if u want to encourage them, that's fine, but pls and pls dont call it "break-through tech", eh no work!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by bigsean(m): 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
Dual Core:

u just wan use laugh kill boyz grin
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by GboyegaD(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Good one we are coming up as a nation. I hope this is the product of their research and not someone else's work that was just copied hook, line and sinker because I remember they were once accused of plagarising someone else's work last year or so.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tkb417(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Dual Core:

make someone happy in ur clan by minding ur biz

u have made ur point; move on

cheers
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by 76Naira(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ah Ah!!! At least try some neat wiring.
I pray for the driver that tests that car close to 60kph.
Looks like it would fall apart after 50.

Hehehehehe
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Yinkay: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
PHCN/NEPA, over to you, charging an ordinary phone to full battery on NEPA supply is a challenge talkless 5 Heavy duty batteries.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Yinkay: 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
PHCN/NEPA, over to you, charging an ordinary phone to full battery on NEPA supply is a challenge talkless 5 Heavy duty batteries.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by abohrandy: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2012
the programme is on air now on AIT!!!!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by lastpage: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
The increasing need for personal and home security has also propelled CU to design an SMS-based home appliances control and security system that can be operated by the owner no matter the distance. On the system, there is a keypad where a seven-digit password is required to be imputed before access can be gained into any apartment where the device is installed.  If the password is properly imputed, it displays on the liquid crystal display device, LCD, mounted at the entrance of the house while access will be granted and the door opened. But if it is an intruder and the password is wrongly imputed, an alarm goes off after the third attempt while the owner is also notified of the intrusion.

So, this one too is an INNOVATION by Covenant University?
I have been installing this kind of Access Control Systems for over fifteen years! grin grin grin
I even install ones that use "Voice Recognition and Finger Print" for Access Control.
These thing shave been in existence for close to 25yeras now.

The bottom line though, is that We dont manufacture them in Nigeria and at our present level of "Electric Power and Industrial Machining", we still can and dont manufacture them in Nigeria. China Import is more like it.

While l like to encourage up-coming enthusiasts, l get amused when people do "copy and paste" and claim it to be an "Invention or Innovation" of their own.

Again, look at that Battery operated Car!
They call it "Fuel-Less"? What is "fuel-less" about it?

Or is "fuel" not a form of energy? By converting Chemical energy (Fuel) to Mechanical energy (Motion)is no different from Converting the Chemical Energy in those battery's Cells, into "Electrical Energy" (The battery itself)  and then to Mechanical Energy for propulsion!
So, from where or how is it FUEL-LESS?

If l may remind our readers, one of the principles of Physics in our Secondary school days  is that "Energy is neither Created nor Destroyed"; Conversion at less than 100% can only be achieved. (Otherwise you will have a perpetual motion machine, which is still unachievable)

I take God beg Covenant UNIVERSITY STUDENTS not to remind me of my Secondary school days O! grin grin grin
-----Or are they saying thats the level they are now at?
See, even JSS3 students have done that over and over again!

Lastpage!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tkb417(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^^
LOL
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
The only word to describ this is the inverse of Toyota's slogan

Good thinking, Bad product. . .

Now lets look at pictures of an electric car developed by Makerere University in Uganda (YES!! Uganda of Idi Amin)

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
Oyedepo should stop buying jets and start funding his schools research. Whats the meaning of that nonsense?! Are we progressing or retrogressing?! All those people castigating those that have critisized this embarassment are arseholes.

Look at the pictures of a similar invention by Uganda. They started the car from scratch to finish. Now should both prototypes be put on the market, which would you buy?!

I dont rejoice at such nonsense.

Its people like una that will jump and sing halleluyah if Convenant unveils this as their new invention to beat the IPAD

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tkb417(m): 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^

ur opinions wont count till you start learning how to spell

Did you embezzle the funds expended on ur education too?

Traits of arseholes: engaging in shouting match with those who dont agree with ur opinions

Say what u think and scram

cheers bro
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tkb417(m): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
Covenant isnt Convenant
He who doesnt know the difference cannot critic a supposed 'invention'

haha

Nairaland got jokes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
Okija_juju:

Oyedepo should stop buying jets and start funding his schools research. Whats the meaning of that nonsense?! Are we progressing or retrogressing?! All those people castigating those that have critisized this embarassment are arseholes.

Look at the pictures of a similar invention by Uganda. They started the car from scratch to finish. Now should both prototypes be put on the market, which would you buy?!

I dont rejoice at such nonsense.

Its people like una that will jump and sing halleluyah if Convenant unveils this as their new invention to beat the IPAD
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2012
Here are more pictures of the Kiira EV developed from scratch by the students of Ugandas Makerere University.

Now this is something to be proud of.

This means that they had students from different faculties work on this project. Both BSc students and HND Students. From Fabrication, to conceptual design, to mechanices, to electrical, to interior, to electronics, name it. . . . . .

Bleep OYEDEPO, Bleep Winners Chapel, Bleep Convenant and Bleep that wacky racers vehicle that they called an invention.  angry
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
Wicked!

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by emmatok(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
I thought the actually built  the car from scratch until i saw the full pictures.

All they did was to convert fuel powered engine to and Electric one.

Boys at LADIPO do better.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Okijajuju1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
tkb417:

Covenant isnt Convenant
He who doesnt know the difference cannot critic a supposed 'invention'

haha

Nairaland got jokes

Bros, I'm sorry ! No vex.

What would you expect from a covenant uni grad. . . .   grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ulonna Inyama Dies After Alleged Wrong Blood Transfusion In Abuja Hospital / Castro Ezama: 60% Of Girls In Secondary Schools In Cross River Are Not Virgins / JAMB Registration Begins: List Of CBT Centres For 2017 Registration/guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.