Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,029 members, 7,966,794 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:41 PM

Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! (30437 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Is University Of Ibadan Any Better Than Covenant University? / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
Alternative energy technology(Green car,etc) is not a new innovation but to Nigeria it is and this can be improved on. At least CU are doing something rather than fold their arms following the footsteps of the government Universities.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by presiloo: 11:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
i wonder why some people are enemies of progress,why cant some people appreciate good things in life.Enemies of progress ,go jam tranformer cause NIGERIA WILL DEFINITETLY WORK!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by DrKlever(m): 12:44am On Feb 22, 2012
Kudos to dem 4 doing researches, datz a gud move if every varsity in 9ja emulates dem. But dat car is nuffin 2 celebrate cuz i even did something beta dan dis in ma secondary sku jet, though a miniature version.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Princek12(m): 12:47am On Feb 22, 2012
presiloo:

i wonder why some people are enemies of progress,why cant some people appreciate good things in life.Enemies of progress ,go jam tranformer cause NIGERIA WILL DEFINITETLY WORK!

We are not enemies of progress. All we are saying is that we will not celebrate a "cut and paste" project. Sure, we give the participants of this project a pat on the back for doing something other than yahoo yahoo, but we will not celebrate a project that contributes nothing new to society. To do so is tantamount to celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by obowunmi(m): 12:48am On Feb 22, 2012
why didn't they build a keke-nape ? grin grin
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by novaman: 1:57am On Feb 22, 2012
I like some mental people wen dey Nairaland, go and check their post, you will find nothing innovative from them, all they just do is wake up every morning check NL, search for post wen dem go condemn; all in the name of acting relevant. For your information please visit the next transformer and hug am press if you no get work. Na una go attack Igbo or Yoruba or Hause or Ijaw, nothing dey una head, see as una head big like motor
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by smile4kenn(m): 7:01am On Feb 22, 2012
May God help nigerian unis

see the stup.id thing we dey call invention

nonsens.e
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2012
This is the Autonov-3

cheesy cheesy
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by babyboy3(m): 7:32am On Feb 22, 2012
Alternative energy technology(Green car,etc) is not a new innovation but to Nigeria it is and this can be improved on. At least CU are doing something rather than fold their arms following the footsteps of the government Universities

No car firm would allow any modification to their product, you could pick up a banged up honda and modify it at a UNI level and thats where it ends, if it goes further it would end up in court! they would have to build a car from scratch,
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by uberuuche09: 7:49am On Feb 22, 2012
kudos 2 micheal friday an international Engineer
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2012
Chei, nna. See wires, see batteries full everywhere. Not even clean, i beg let it remain in CU because if this one is drive out on test run especially to north, the driver will not come and the passangers will not come back alive cos nigeria police and jtf will shoot them down, mistaken it for car bomb of BH. AH ah ah!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by pato405(m): 11:01am On Feb 22, 2012
baby-boy:

No car firm would allow any modification to their product, you could pick up a banged up honda and modify it at a UNI level and thats where it ends, if it goes further it would end up in court! they would have to build a car from scratch,

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!!

I don't know how to explain this to people anymore. ORIGINALITY is everything in innovation.

we are just too fond of ''copy and paste'', plagiarism., swarping paragraphs from someone else's write up and claiming credits for it.

on a lighter note, CU should please hide this from HONDA, else, they'll be heading for the court soon.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by NumberOne2(m): 12:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
I challenge anyone to tell me which company hasn't copied at one point or the other. Nokia and Samsung are now copying China phones with dual sim. Facebook wasn't the first social network. Google wasn't the first search engine. The US wasn't the first in space. Iphone wasn't the first smart phone.
Oh, its okay for others to copy but not Nigerians? Please. Its just a PROTOTYPE. It isn't finished.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by nwkrix: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
Good!

My school once did two fuelled sport cars. But today, they are abandoned in the workshop with no further work being done about it.

The problem of Nigeria wrt technology isn't the academia but politicians' who will render invest only in projects that will give them money to embezzle while they last like stocks in power.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by tkb417(m): 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2012
They must have gotten their idea from Boko Haram! Definitely that 'car' look like something about to explode!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
lwkmd
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by sandysprax(m): 4:15pm On Feb 22, 2012
Boko Haram inspired car indeed!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by bigsean(m): 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2012
Number_One:

I challenge anyone to tell me which company hasn't copied at one point or the other. Nokia and Samsung are now copying China phones with dual sim. Facebook wasn't the first social network. Google wasn't the first search engine. The US wasn't the first in space. Iphone wasn't the first smart phone.
Oh, its okay for others to copy but not Nigerians? Please. Its just a PROTOTYPE. It isn't finished.

Yes u are correct, you should be inspired by current technology to advance its frontiers not to retrograde it.
which do think was done in this case?
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by obowunmi(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
nwkrix:

My school once did two fuelled sport cars. But today, they are abandoned in the workshop with no further work being done about it.

The problem of Nigeria wrt technology isn't the academia but politicians' who will render invest only in projects that will give them money to embezzle while they last like stocks in power.

Saaad! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by alahamad(m): 6:05pm On Feb 22, 2012
I can't stop laughing In this entity called Nigeria, if I have to buy fuel to blow ma generator then charge ma car, is that being sane or being extremly stu.pid, just be logical about it Ooº°˚

, everything I can see in that picture was part of my project in Jss3 back in the days cos we even constructed woden chasis to carry the bateries nd inverter to convert the dc into energy all for the fun or it, by the way, as dat crap no get weight so, if luxurious bus pass near u, na gutter or better still thirdmainland u go fall from so while buy dis crap, pay for swiming lessons too Ooº°˚

Convenant or whatever u call urself, the "copy nd paste" parowl belongs to the junk-yard,

That care is a 96 Honda Civic ex 1.8ltr, if Honda catch una, una go sell the school and the students to raise just 10% of the fine for desrespecting their product in such a lucubrious way,

Invention indeed, LWKMD, 
( =D
)
/ \ ,
' ‎​ laff don pull M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ 
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by omar22(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
Its just a PROTOTYPE. It isn't finished.

ITS A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by prettyboi1(m): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
Some people are just sad,all of you talking "this was my jss3 project,well where is your so-called project today? why didn't it make it into the news or limelight? people just never appreciate shit man. its sad--------this isn't technology that is new per se,but its one of the first to come out of Nigeria so we should be proud that we NIGERIANS are not numb-heads & glad that we can do stuff like this & we should support it so as to compete against other countries' cars. FOR INSTANCE,TOYOTA ISN'T DOING ANYTHING NEW THAT MERCEDES BENZ OR CHRYSLER OR HONDA OR AUDI OR PEUGEOT ISN'T DOING.SHOULD WE NOW CONDEMN IT & ASK IT TO QUIT? NO! TOYOTA GIVES PRIDE TO JAPAN,MERCEDES BENZ GIVES GLORY TO GERMANY,KIA GIVES GLORY TO KOREA,HONDA GIVES GLORY TO CHINA,CHRYSLER GIVES GLORY TO u.s.a,I-pad gives glory to u.s.a,Samsung Galaxy tablets give glory to Korea,iPhone gives glory to u.s.a,Nokia gives glory to Finland,HTC gives glory to Taiwan,Sony gives glory to Japan, WHAT'S NEW INVENTION ABOUT ALL THESE CARS OR DEVICES? NOTHING! BUT ALL THESE COUNTRIES MAKE THEIR OWN VERSIONS & HAVE A MOUTH & STANCE IN THE WORLD BECAUSE OF THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS & WE NIGERIANS JUST CAN'T EVER APPRECIATE ANYONE OF OUR THINGS? IT IS SAD,NO WONDER WE ARE SO BACKWARD & UNDER DEVELOPED, carry go covenant boys,I'm proud of you guys & I pray God helps you guys graduate to bigger &better projects that would bring Nigeria to the world table,we sef we wan get mouth na. Those other countries no get 2 heads.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by alahamad(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2012
@pretty_boi,
First of all ma comment was not directed to you so free me when I talk about ma jss3 project nd express ma self the way I feel,
Secondly, there was no Internet as at the time I was in Jss3 nd even if there was, its a comon fact that we all have knowledge about simple electicity topics like the one placed on this post, thoug am sure guys like you prefered Food nd Nut, hahahahahah
Thirdly, please do your reserache, Nokia is not Finland but Hungary and Honda is definitely not China but Japan, e.t.c

I could go on correcting you all day but its obvious that doing such for an un-informed pee-brain like u is a waste of ma time,

Hahahahahah, China=honda, no wonder u dey support the fake crap from Convenant,

The world is not threading the part of such crappy copy nd paste trash, do something worthwhile and we'll be proud to list u up as a Nigerian but like I said earlier, don't let Honda catch u with that rubish Ooº°˚ , cos if they drag una go court, I won't say more than dat,
Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Aahahahaheheheheheheheheheheh
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by prettyboi1(m): 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
al-ahamad:

@pretty_boi,
First of all ma comment was not directed to you so free me when I talk about ma jss3 project nd express ma self the way I feel,
Secondly, there was no Internet as at the time I was in Jss3 nd even if there was, its a comon fact that we all have knowledge about simple electicity topics like the one placed on this post, thoug am sure guys like you prefered Food nd Nut, hahahahahah
Thirdly, please do your reserache, Nokia is not Finland but Hungary and Honda is definitely not China but Japan, e.t.c

I could go on correcting you all day but its obvious that doing such for an un-informed pee-brain like u is a waste of ma time,

Hahahahahah, China=honda, no wonder u dey support the fake crap from Convenant,

The world is not threading the part of such crappy copy nd paste trash, do something worthwhile and we'll be proud to list u up as a Nigerian but like I said earlier, don't let Honda catch u with that rubish Ooº°˚ , cos if they drag una go court, I won't say more than dat,
Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Aahahahaheheheheheheheheheheh

my guy u r d one who needs to go & do researches,Nokia is Hungarian & not from Finland? its such a shame you came "correcting" someone without even making correct enquiries. There's this saying,"even if u pick the wrong fight,at least pick the wrong weapons." In your case you picked wrong on both sides.you even have the internet that u claim u didn't have when u were in js3 yet u couldn't even Google for the home country of Nokia,its such a shame.
2.___2ndly its typical of us in Nigeria to always make excuses for our failures & this is bad. ACCEPT YOUR FAILURE,LEARN FROM IT & MOVE ON STRONGLY.so ur js3 project failed because "there was no internet?"----I laugh in pidgin English + ogbomosho yoruba. that's a lame excuse Bro. Even when nobody knew there would be internet one day,people were already making cars,aircrafts & high-end technology & here you are blaming the failure of ur js3 project on "there was no internet." I laugh in pidgin English + ijaw this time.
3.___3rdly,cut these guys some slack.this is just a school project & it goes a long way to say,if given the chance,finance & encouragement,those guys would probably do better & make more sophisticated cars. Didn't u go to school? Don't u know that school projects usually cost students a lot of money talk less of even doing a project on a car-----of course it would be FREAKING EXPENSIVE & the guys that made this car probably didn't/don't have that much money to just throw on a school project so they had to make do with the few materials they could lay their hands upon. I don't celebrate mediocrity in anyway,but I applaud those guys & I celebrate them because I know if they're put in a better working environment with the resources,finance,material & encouragement they'd do better & make more high-end cars that can get patents & compete globally & furthermore bring glory to beloved Nigeria.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by WebSurfer(m): 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2012
shocked
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by chelseabmw(m): 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 23, 2012
This is where Nigerians fail woefully - when people fail to see beyond the shabby peripheral of an innovation. That, by itself is where stupidity rather ignorance finds way in many minds, both in the academic and non-academic communities of Nigeria. Please, for those trying to put down this technology in progress is lacking the brains to understand what innovation means(which is different from invention). I bet most of those lashing out on this project, which I can be of witness,don't have single idea about the mechanics behind its operation. They all forget things like this happen around the world, from a big country like India to China.

This is where Nigerians lack the support for what could be improved upon to the benefit of the community rather than contemplating it based on which university such idea is coming from. Indeed, this lackadaisical way of discouraging ideas which could have at the end turn out to be huge projects by a section of Nigerian society is disheartening.
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by alahamad(m): 5:25am On Feb 23, 2012
@pretty_boi,
Its clear you don't even understand ma comment nd u decided to twist ma words according to your pee-brainish understanding, its sad cos now you make me laugh in calabar + hausa = phucked up mumu like u,

By the way, since you feel am a failure nd probably fink ur a sucess, (Which I pretty much doubt), why don't you finance the project nah, broke a.ss like u,

Hahahahahaahhahaah, I can't stop laughing

Another person come on dey blow grammer for my head in a "lackadaisical", go compete with hon. Patrick Obahiagbon nah, non-entities likes una, with ur fake invention/invention or whatever u call it.
Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by samolina1(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2012
I see no improvement in this your so-called "project". Maybe you are still using spear to kill animals, wearing raw animal skins and striking two stones to light fire in your village. You are only making fun of yourself in international communities. This is absolutely nothing. Why building what has already been built and even has been seriously improved?
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by alahamad(m): 10:47am On Feb 23, 2012
@samolina, ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ for hiting the nail on the head jare, hahaha
Re: Covenant University Fuel-less Car Unvail! by badesco(m): 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
@al-ahamad. You are quite right, Why? because it is not an invention per se but mere copy and paste technology. If care is not taken the university will be sued and could pay damages running into millions. As for the fuel-less engine, fuel-less generator has been in town for quite some time now, so they could probably have copy it from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / Law Lecturer Pulls An April Fool Prank Test On His Students In UNICAL / Castro Ezama: 60% Of Girls In Secondary Schools In Cross River Are Not Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.