Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,056 members, 7,970,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:48 AM

Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby (13054 Views)

Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic) / Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by dayokanu(m): 12:37am On Mar 03, 2012
In the US, no minor can travel without both parents signing papers of consent

Google minor consent form
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ojogbontomoye: 12:49am On Mar 03, 2012
ileobatojo:

Yeah you can.

Can any lawyers in Nigeria clarify for us pls. I know in the US, it is definitely not kidnapping for either parent to take the child away until there is a court custody order being violated. The police will not arrest the other party for kidnapping until you demonstrate this.

Correct!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

In the US, no minor can travel without both parents signing papers of consent

Google minor consent form

I’ve taken my kid(s) out of the US on my own over 5 times and I never once had a consent form from their dad.

This matter is for the family court, not the criminal court.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by dayokanu(m): 12:56am On Mar 03, 2012
^^ They may not stop you but they have a right to stop you and ask

An immigration officer, airline, or travel company may ask for a of letter of consent if the child is traveling internationally with only one parent or with another adult, such as a relative, friend, teacher, etc. The sample travel consent form below is a guide only. You are also encouraged to have the consent form notarized. You can download the form below.

http://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/minor-travel-consent-form.html
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ They may not stop you but they have a right to stop you and ask

http://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/minor-travel-consent-form.html

An immigration officer, airline, or travel company may ask for a of letter of consent if the child is traveling internationally with only one parent or with another adult, such as a relative, friend, teacher, etc. The sample travel consent form below is a guide only. You are also encouraged to have the consent form notarized. You can download the form below.

It makes sense though. Guess I’ve been lucky so far.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 03, 2012
there r some very bad mothers out there i tell ya
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 3:54am On Mar 03, 2012
Out Of everyone that posted, dayo made the most sense.

Ronkebp, I don't know what happened to you but these days you make little or no sense in your posts. What the heck did you type up there? Goodness gracious
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by goldbond: 4:32am On Mar 03, 2012
Ol boy,

U sure sey the pikin na ur own.

E be like sey d girl don tell im mama d true owner of d pikin o.

Abi dey don carry am go meet d tru fada.

Tink am well o!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ronkebp(f): 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2012
jennykadry:

Out Of everyone that posted, dayo made the most sense.

Ronkebp, I don't know what happened to you but these days you make little or no sense in your posts. What the heck did you type up there? Goodness gracious

Jenny abeg no find my trouble this morning ooooo, (if you are battling with ''statistics'' i don't think you will expect any sense from a scattered brain). Anyways, you don't have to agree with me in all my post, even as i don't agree with you all the time, moreso the truth does not always make sense to you. No be you Jenny, you will be fine.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
ronkebp:

Jenny abeg no find my trouble this morning ooooo, (if you are battling with ''statistics'' i don't think you will expect any sense from a scattered brain). Anyways, you don't have to agree with me in all my post, even as i don't agree with you all the time, moreso the truth  does not always make sense to you. No be you Jenny, you will be fine.

Damnnnn. I struck the nerve real bad.

Keep those lines of yours where they belong, in the trash can. You are asking for the woman's side of story. How many times have you replied threads here and asked for sides of story? when it suits you, you don't ask for sides, you tell them what to do and what not to do but when it does not, you come up with silly excuses of "this is your side of the story we need to hear the woman's". How lame. I am greatly and highly disappointed in you grin. Bite me cool
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ronkebp(f): 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2012
^^^^^ Oh no!!! you did not hit any nerve at all, don't even flatter yourself, i just ommitted those emoticons (or whatever it is called) on purpose so you will not see me laughing at what i was reading.

Puhlease!!!! spare me you advice of ''throwing words into the trash can" infact you can feel my teeth digging deep into the rough skin of yours smiley smiley smiley, Time has changed my dear, one has to be wiser, when i joined NL, i guess i was still emotionally immature, because i came with my temper all up in the xceiling because of the way people teared at each other, ( me personally) i have learnt from this forum and it has helped me to put so many things in check and practise empathy most times. ( can't say much for you though, you are still the same) tongue tongue tongue

Jenny, look at this scenerio well, you born pickin, you still dey hospital oooo, is it possible for you mum to come and take you away from your hubby and you will pack and follow her just like that!!!! Jenny say the truth and let the devil; be ashamed.

2 Likes

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
^^You did not forget the emoticons so forget all them ones you are writing there.

Yes to your question as it is possible. If you haven't seen mother inlaws from hell I have seen. My mum wouldn't do that because she respects my husband too much to try that nonsense, but will my paternal cousins mum do it? yes she will, you know why? because she is ready to destroy even her own daughter's happiness to get what she wants and that is revenge. Her daughters husband just relocated the whole family to the states because his mother in law will not let them rest and was trying to poison her daughter's mind just because kids started coming into the picture and her hundreds of thousands of naira chop money dropped down a little bit. Actually told her daughter to start packing her bags ooo because soon the husband will stop giving her(his wife) money too. I have seen so I know.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ronkebp(f): 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2012
Nope!!! i actually did not forget the emoticons, i left it out on purpose, stop reading backwards.

Now!!! you are talking,  you have seen where such happens, me oooo i have never seen a mother misbehaving to her daughter or daughter's husband, but i have heard stories.

So if this is the case,  then it is a different story entirely, now we cannot ascertain if this is the case or not, you are concluding from your own exeprience i am concluding from mine, so do you see the differences in our thought lines??

No matter what happens between me and my hubby, i cannot pack my load and follow my hubby because ''my mother said so'', now, if the condition at home is beginning to threaten my life, i can ask my mum to come and pack my belongings, infact i will not wait for her to come, i am so on my way.

The poster might be right about the MIL, but i see he is so concerned more about her and not what the wife thinks. and that was why i said, he should talk to the wife. His issues are with his wife not MIL.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by DrummaBoy(m): 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
Guys let take it easy wit dis court thing. D op stil want his wife back so let our sugg be to restore d home not destroy
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by holyghost(m): 4:26am On Mar 04, 2012
guy ur lucky get another wife!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 04, 2012
My friend get a second wife.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 04, 2012
If dis ever happens in my house, d family will refund me.
And i'll re-marry! D end!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by violent(m): 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2012
There would be lots of causalities if someone kidnaps my kid simply because they happen to be genetically linked with my wife.

Forget all this rubbish talk about newlyborns needing their mothers, who says they don't need their fathers too? Aren't there responsible adults whose mum's had passed away during childbirth?

@OP

Stop all this nonsense stuff about going to the church or looking for some elders to help you beg your MIL. . .go to your inlaw's house and make sure they understand that you have no fuss about committing murder just to have your baby back. Of course, once you have your baby, the elders and the church can then be called in to fix the crack between you and your inlaws. . . .this is how to put the horse before the cart
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by luvbird: 4:15pm On Mar 04, 2012
Dnt u smel a rat in dis issue?, d lady in ?was bleedin after delivery,she nided blood bt her hubby had hepatitis b virus,he said she shuld drink ugwu and yogurt,i am aware of d situation he abandon his wife and baby dat we're sick in the hospital 2 go do naming ceremony in his father's compd on his mother's order,he has bin told 2 come 2 inlaws place 2 explian y he did d naming ceremony regardless of their health bt he says he won't come dat his wifey shuld meet him in an eatery wit d child he abandon, now tel me all u vipers if u we're left in d hospital sick with ur baby sick and ur father comes 2 take u since ur huby went 2 do namin ceremony regardless of ur health wud u insist on stayin in d hospital,u vipers leave the mil she is innocent.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2012
Whatever b d situation, d MIL has no say in d house again!! Except d man didn't pay well!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by emmatok(m): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2012
luvbird:

Dnt u smel a rat in dis issue?, d lady in ?was bleedin after delivery,she nided blood bt her hubby had hepatitis b virus,he said she shuld drink ugwu and yogurt,i am aware of d situation he abandon his wife and baby dat we're sick in the hospital 2 go do naming ceremony in his father's compd on his mother's order,he has bin told 2 come 2 inlaws place 2 explian y he did d naming ceremony regardless of their health bt he says he won't come dat his wifey shuld meet him in an eatery wit d child he abandon, now tel me all u vipers if u we're left in d hospital sick with ur baby sick and ur father comes 2 take u since ur huby went 2 do namin ceremony regardless of ur health wud u insist on stayin in d hospital,u vipers leave the mil she is innocent.

I don't understand your post at all.

What naming did he do, for his new child or another one.

If you claim the mother and child are sick why did the MIL move  them from the hospital.

Who pays the hospital bills? In-laws  or the Husband.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ronkebp(f): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2012
luvbird:

we don dey see inside the pot small small!!!!!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by MissyB3(f): 11:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
luvbird:

And you are?
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ifyalways(f): 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
Still on this matter?

Erhm,luvbird,who are you?
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by ojogbontomoye: 12:48am On Mar 06, 2012
lol at ugwu and Yogurt.

you might as well drink sobo.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Naijaklef: 10:20am On Mar 07, 2012
luvbird:

@Luvbird,
Lol! I DEY LAUGH OOOOO,  now that you have decided to bring it on. Let me give everyone the details.

BACKGROUND ISSUE
You seem to know more. Please kindly tell us about  all the strange rituals your mother(MIL) want me to participate in.
Rituals like female circumstition, strange mortal & pistol carrying to my house.provide a goat that would b reared in your house,  e.t.c
even though they claim to be christians?
, remember that all traditional marrigae request and ceremony were duly observed and done.

Furthermore, do you know that she(my wife) was the one that i actually rejected this female circumsision, mortal carrying e.t.c
As a husband, i only stood by her to the last. Now, I''m being critized for saying No.

Did she(my wife) explained to you that i have always pointed out to her, all the insults that her mother
lashes out on me on regular basis when i visited them? , remember, i have never raise my head to talk back until now!

There is this complaint from her(MIL) about getting closer to the her family members. Tell me since you know more,
how do you get close some1 that complains and judge you on virtually everything you do?
Popular complaints lyk
"u sell computer".
"u no dey eat when u come around"
"u no dey give my plenty money"
"u no dey send me credit"
"ur mother(my parent) no chop the chicken that was offered to her"
"we dont need your money we are not hungry"
"common 100 naira credit he neva give"
"my daughter no longer listen to me, she listen to her husband"

ABANDONED AT THE HOSPITAL?
Did she tell you that she locked the door to hospital ward,she refused to allow me carry my baby,she stopped picking my calls?
Im wondering how some1 that they claim to be critically ill could be doing this.
This was just part of the plan to take my child away.

Did she tell you that i suggested to her that we should go back home when discharged
and i promised to get her a private nurse or midwife that would take care of her? I also suggested to her that
i would tell my parents not to come to my house and she too should do same, so that we can have peace?

Do you also know that we never had any problem before leaving our home. Problem only started when
she (MIL) showed up in the hospital. Isn't obvious? , YOU LAME BEING!

IGWU AND YOGORT?
Yes, she(my wife) bled during delivery and eventually stopped afterwards, but
Did she(my wife) tell you that the first blood transfusion immediately after delivery was cancelled because she refused blood transfusion at first?
Did she tell you that it was because she refused the first transfusion that other suggestions like IGWU and YOGURT was suggested by another patient
in the hospital as a temporary measure.

did she(my wife) tell you that after her refusal,the doctor immediately prescribed another special blood tonic which was immediately paid for and given
to her to start taking right there in the hospital?

did she tell you that she lacked anything medical while she as at the hospital?
Did she tell you that i didnt take proper care of her at hospital?

Also,do you think the hospital would have discharged her if the bleeding had persisted?
even if yes, do u think the best decision was to take her to your house without my consent?   
So your house is now the BEST HOSPITAL?

NAMING CEREMONY?
Did she tell you that she started preparing for the naming ceremony right there at the hospital?
she was not in any critical situation.it was all in your plans to forcefully take her to your house.
I have proof to this effect.

LUVBIRD please keep your mouth shut because you are in bondage!
You cant run my home for me with your AFRICAN MAGIC and NOVEL experience.

Even,with all your experience why is it that noone else is married in your house including you?
The only one that got married, you vampiers want to bring her down with unnecessary complaint and jealosy.Do you think at all?

Abeg Keep Shut!
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Naijaklef: 10:35am On Mar 07, 2012
luvbird:

@luvbird,

MEETING AT EATERY,

Is there anything wrong with husband and wife meeting privately to find a way forward?
Is there anything wrong in meeting without your family interference?

All these excuses are not just adding up to make an explanation for taking my wife and child a way
without my consent.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 07, 2012
luvbird:

Naijaklef:

@Luvbird,
Lol! I DEY LAUGH OOOOO,  now that you have decided to bring it on. Let me give everyone the details.

BACKGROUND ISSUE
You seem to know more. Please kindly tell us about  all the strange rituals your mother(MIL) want me to participate in.
Rituals like female circumstition, strange mortal & pistol carrying to my house.provide a goat that would b reared in your house,  e.t.c
even though they claim to be christians?
, remember that all traditional marrigae request and ceremony were duly observed and done.

Furthermore, do you know that she(my wife) was the one that i actually rejected this female circumsision, mortal carrying e.t.c
As a husband, i only stood by her to the last. Now, I''m being critized for saying No.

Did she(my wife) explained to you that i have always pointed out to her, all the insults that her mother
lashes out on me on regular basis when i visited them? , remember, i have never raise my head to talk back until now!

There is this complaint from her(MIL) about getting closer to the her family members. Tell me since you know more,
how do you get close some1 that complains and judge you on virtually everything you do?
Popular complaints lyk
"u sell computer".
"u no dey eat when u come around"
"u no dey give my plenty money"
"u no dey send me credit"
"ur mother(my parent) no chop the chicken that was offered to her"
"we dont need your money we are not hungry"
"common 100 naira credit he neva give"
"my daughter no longer listen to me, she listen to her husband"

ABANDONED AT THE HOSPITAL?
Did she tell you that she locked the door to hospital ward,she refused to allow me carry my baby,she stopped picking my calls?
Im wondering how some1 that they claim to be critically ill could be doing this.
This was just part of the plan to take my child away.

Did she tell you that i suggested to her that we should go back home when discharged
and i promised to get her a private nurse or midwife that would take care of her? I also suggested to her that
i would tell my parents not to come to my house and she too should do same, so that we can have peace?

Do you also know that we never had any problem before leaving our home. Problem only started when
she (MIL) showed up in the hospital. Isn't obvious? , YOU LAME BEING!

IGWU AND YOGORT?
Yes, she(my wife) bled during delivery and eventually stopped afterwards, but
Did she(my wife) tell you that the first blood transfusion immediately after delivery was cancelled because she refused blood transfusion at first?
Did she tell you that it was because she refused the first transfusion that other suggestions like IGWU and YOGURT was suggested by another patient
in the hospital as a temporary measure.

did she(my wife) tell you that after her refusal,the doctor immediately prescribed another special blood tonic which was immediately paid for and given
to her to start taking right there in the hospital?

did she tell you that she lacked anything medical while she as at the hospital?
Did she tell you that i didnt take proper care of her at hospital?

Also,do you think the hospital would have discharged her if the bleeding had persisted?
even if yes, do u think the best decision was to take her to your house without my consent?   
So your house is now the BEST HOSPITAL?

NAMING CEREMONY?
Did she tell you that she started preparing for the naming ceremony right there at the hospital?
she was not in any critical situation.it was all in your plans to forcefully take her to your house.
I have proof to this effect.

LUVBIRD please keep your mouth shut because you are in bondage!
You cant run my home for me with your AFRICAN MAGIC and NOVEL experience.

Even,with all your experience why is it that noone else is married in your house including you?
The only one that got married, you vampiers want to bring her down with unnecessary complaint and jealosy.Do you think at all?

Abeg Keep Shut!

This I must say is so so sad. I feel sorry for the Child caught up in the middle of this.
Both of you, dont you know that when you marry you leave your father and mother and cling to each other? Why do both families have so much influence over what goes on in your marriage?
Madam Luvbird, if you are this mans wife, please if he doesnt cheat on you or doesnt beat you then ignore your mother and go and face your own family. Your mother has your home and this is your own home, please do not use your hands to destroy it.
Submit to your husband, and respect him. He is your head now and not your mother.
Mr. Husband, hmmm, you are the head of your home, Love your wife and be ready to forgive her if she comes home. Build up your family, fortify your home with Gods words and through your actions. You can not be doing things that hurt her and expect her to forsake all others and cling to you. The insult in your post was unnecessary. The way to keep your home is to love your wife so much so that even when her mother wants to influence her she will say no because she is sure of your love, care and commitment in the marriage.
I am not suprised that a young marriage will face such challenges, so many people go into marriage ignoring the owners manual. God made marriage and gave us a manual.
Both of you, stop being kids, you have a child now, Madam, go and build your home, Oga Be the man and love your wife.
I dont know if you are christains but let me share this:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres
Households
21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[c] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

3 Likes

Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by blank(f): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2012
I guessed as much. The story was not complete so i didnt bother responding earlier.
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 07, 2012
Missy_B:

And you are?

Someone that isn't important
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 07, 2012
jennykadry:

Someone that isn't important
I think she is the wife oh
Re: Mother In-law Snatched My New Born Baby by NaJoke2000: 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2012
Naijaklef:

@luvbird,
This quote says it all! , the lady has bin brainwashed or hpynotised by her mother!
This is the problem with ignorant MIL.

@Op,
Abeg, no let anybody put sand-sand for your gari, abeg go get urself another wife simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? / Ever Worn The Same Dress With A Stranger To An Event? / HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.