Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8288453 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (6962) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=Gaily04 post=42235825]

hello mam,am 0-[rhesus] too,i was given d injection for my DS,bought mine 15k but my questn is ...will i still tak it again for d second delivery?....teamjuly.....welcum dosht safe delivery i wish u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
kamotisha:
Chai!!! I finally finished reading up!

Congrats to tatacherie, mamodowell and all other mamas that have popped! May you LOs bring more joy to your homes.

@ginababy...it is well. This too shall pass.

@proudmum38....this your friend matter tire me o. Buh sincerely, it's best she does something before it is too late. I think she is been too slow. She just had a baby ke...she needs a lot of rest. Her parents won't forgive her if something happens to her and they are not aware. This matter na physical and spiritual approach. She should pray but she needs to get herself out of that house with her baby before it's too late....either gently or drawing rain mehn!

Waddling mamas....i salute o! We shall rejoice with you.

Lol @drawing rain..My dear I'm trying 2 work things out 4 her,e.g calling her husby first n maybe her parents too later...Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
rchilee:

Kindly assist her contact her family to pay her a visit. Bet I wouldn't even take such rubbish...seize my phone? shocked

Dem see her like small gal,so dem take advantage of her...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
proudmom38:

Lol @drawing rain..My dear I'm trying 2 work things out 4 her,e.g calling her husby first n maybe her parents too later...Thanks
I will advise you to be careful on this matter cos getting involved in an in-law issue can be tricky. Cos after all is said and done, it is her family and you might end up bin tagged "the outsider". She has to rise up and stand on her feet to make the change and this can only be done when she discuss with her hubby. Just be careful and give her all the advice u can give... God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2016
sugah:
Proudmum38 this your story vex me well well o. I hope she finds help.

Blessedmum you are welcome. All team September mommas are from the ATC thread. We are indeed special. Team September for supernatural delivery.

E no vex u reach my dh.he feels like killing dat woman n I'm like oga na person mama o...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blessedmum:
Okay so am here to register officially ( though I did last year April bt didn't stay long) . I got my Bfp dis morning and dis time around I av come to stay till I deliver my twins.

@ senior Zaynie, d tax collector av come with dollars and pounds just gimme ur acct no.

@ Goldenruby, where are u sis? I remembered d last conversation we had I told u we ll meet at antenal and God has already granted d request.

# TeamSeptember for supernatural delivery of my twins.

Wow! So happy 4u.Welcome back...May u carry 2 term n deliver safely!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
ginababy:

Abi ooo. Where person dey work na der e dey chop.
Na em make oyinbo call am 'workchop' lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
@ proudmom38, didn't knw u like money too, dont worry I av more than enuff for u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 1:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
Iyabetajos:

dey stitch ur cervix like a purse bt place u on anaesthasia.

how much did your hospital charge for cerlage ma? and after cerlage are u permitted to do more work? like returning back to work or sex?
thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
ifefunmi:

I will advise you to be careful on this matter cos getting involved in an in-law issue can be tricky. Cos after all is said and done, it is her family and you might end up bin tagged "the outsider". She has to rise up and stand on her feet to make the change and this can only be done when she discuss with her hubby. Just be careful and give her all the advice u can give... God bless you

Thanks 4d advice ma'am. I'm not visitting her or talk 2d mil....Mine is 2 inform d husband. He no knw me,I no knw am...Amen.Thanks once again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blessedmum:
@ proudmom38, didn't knw u like money too, dont worry I av more than enuff for u.

Lolz. Abeg money na my best frnd o,abi who no like beta thing? But e no reach zaynie own ooo...I'm sending my account nos right away...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rchilee: 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
Joysa:
Rchilee how r u doing & my baby? I'll visit u dis new wk.. my body get as e dey do me dese days jare.. i jus weak.

Thanks @ okeoghene4real.

Congrats to all new moms & New preggys. . It's well with us all.

#TeamMayRocks!

Sorry, hope you are doing better . Doing great dear. You are welcome anytime.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
proudmom38:

Dats wat I'm gonna do.call wit a new sim,act as if I dnt knw d wife n intruduce myself as his mother's frnd who secretly copied his contact frm his mom's fone...I pray it work out well....Thanks

that may backfire. you may seem like the amebo friend. my suggestion is for u to contact her mum, make her come for a belated omugwu and take her daughter with her back to show baby to his grandpa and other relatives in PH as an excuse and for her to return back her house after the visit.
i know what it is to be at the mercy of inlaws. nothing u can say or do will be enough.if you no come born quick na die. i also once married at 22 in another life. mistake it was,she better put her act together quick and stop being a house wife. having a job or business brings respect too.
inlaws no matter how nice need a distance. never stay with them alone in their house when DH isnt staying.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ibari(f): 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
Good day all, im in my 7th week now, woke up two days ago and noticed I was spotting bright red. I quickly had my bath rushed to my hospital and she quickly ordered for an US. Luckily the baby was OK. I was immediately placed on gestone injection and progynova tabs /cyclogest. So later in the evening, I noticed the bleeding has stopped but subsequently I'm having this brownish discharge. On inquiry I was told its an old blood. Has anyone experienced this before and please how did you overcome it. I'm so worried.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
proudmom38:

Thanks 4d advice ma'am. I'm not visitting her or talk 2d mil....Mine is 2 inform d husband. He no knw me,I no knw am...Amen.Thanks once again.
The best thing would be for her to reach out to her family. The husbands parents might be acting on his instructions. ( I mean since he is not around, he wants them to keep tabs on her so she won't cheat). So reaching out to the husband is a no no. Let her parents visit her and also insist to go home with her. Did her mum ever come for omugwo?

Bottomline your friend needs to wake up and stop being a pushover. Whatever she allows now will continue forever. Its always good to let people know where you stand.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
Omojudy:

that may backfire. you may seem like the amebo friend. my suggestion is for u to contact her mum, make her come for a belated omugwu and take her daughter with her back to show baby to his grandpa and other relatives in PH as an excuse and for her to return back her house after the visit.
i know what it is to be at the mercy of inlaws. nothing u can say or do will be enough.if you no come born quick na die. i also once married at 22 in another life. mistake it was,she better put her act together quick and stop being a house wife. having a job or business brings respect too.
inlaws no matter how nice need a distance. never stay with them alone in their house when DH isnt staying.

Thanks 4 ur advice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
Jennifer89:
mamas plz i have a question. since i born, whenever i lie down, i always feel one round stuff like ball for my belle. is it normal? i told one of dh friend that is a doctor, he said its nothing but i am worried. mamas wey don born una experience am?

I experienced it o. Initially I panicked and assumed that probably I had carried triplets,not twins and maybe the doctor didn't notice the 3rd one grin because the ball-like thing was big and actually moved from time to time. Also, there was this appointment I had in 1st trimester when the dr did scan and we saw 3 sacs as against the 2 in a previous scan. Don't know what later happened to the 3rd one sha. A later one revealed 2.

Anyway, the 'ball' gradually reduced in size and my tummy is almost back to it's pre-pregnancy size.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
lovinam:
The best thing would be for her to reach out to her family. The husbands parents might be acting on his instructions. ( I mean since he is not around, he wants them to keep tabs on her so she won't cheat). So reaching out to the husband is a no no. Let her parents visit her and also insist to go home with her. Did her mum ever come for omugwo?

Bottomline your friend needs to wake up and stop being a pushover. Whatever she allows now will continue forever. Its always good to let people know where you stand.

My dear d gal mata tire me. Don't knw why she doesn't want her pple 2 knw abt it o....I've gotten her husby nos,wil ring him soon....God help me....Just want 2 help 4d sake of her lil baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
Anak123:
Hello everyone, sure u all doing good. May our journeys all end in praise in Jesus name
Ok so I went for ante natal yesterday,n all is well. Dey v been telling me right from time dat m gonna hv a CS( fibroids), but dey cant take out the fibroids during cs, fine, only for the gyne to say they will have to do the two together(delivery and myectomy). All costing 500k apart from several test ill have to do and having blood ready.
Dont know y she wants to do them together now, n even if I want to do only cs it will be 200k plus, abeg dis money plenty o.
Any doc in d house or any one with experience pls advice. Thinking of changing hospital (quality with lesser price grin), any suggestion is welcome. 29weeksnow, baby weighing 1.3, largest fibroid measuring 10cm(they are much), n one is totally blocking the cervix.
Thank you. Hugs n kisses.
Ps. I stay in lag
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2016
Anak123:
Hello everyone, sure u all doing good. May our journeys all end in praise in Jesus name
Ok so I went for ante natal yesterday,n all is well. Dey v been telling me right from time dat m gonna hv a CS( fibroids), but dey cant take out the fibroids during cs, fine, only for the gyne to say they will have to do the two together(delivery and myectomy). All costing 500k apart from several test ill have to do and having blood ready.
Dont know y she wants to do them together now, n even if I want to do only cs it will be 200k plus, abeg dis money plenty o.
Any doc in d house or any one with experience pls advice. Thinking of changing hospital (quality with lesser price grin), any suggestion is welcome. 29weeksnow, baby weighing 1.3, largest fibroid measuring 10cm(they are much), n one is totally blocking the cervix.
Thank you. Hugs n kisses.
Ps. I stay in lag

Haaaaaaa! Remove fibroids and deliver vis c-section at the same time?

I beg you in Gods name. Don't try it or agree to it.

The risk of death as a result of bleeding is very very very very very high. Many mothers have been sent to the grave from doing these two procedures together and now no doctor with his or her brains screwed right would l attempt it. It's just too risky. It's best to attempt delivery and when you've fully recovered then talk about dealing with the fibroids.

CS on its own is a high risk procedure with major blood loss and then combining myectomy. . .hmmmmm

I'm not trying to scare you but read the story in this link

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/12/how-i-lost-my-wife-after-giving-birth.html?m=1

Trying to "kill two birds with one stone" by saving money and doing both procedures at once is very very very very dangerous.

Do not put money before your health oh.

Since your fibroids were big and numerous, you should have attempted removal (depending on your doctor's opinion) before conception. What they should do now is just put you under observation for the next few weeks (you are only 6 weeks away from the 36weeks mark) and do a section at 35-36 weeks because by then your baby will be full term.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jeweld1(f): 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
Good evening mums in the house.this is my first pregnancy.am 18 weeks gone.any advice for me pls grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ibari(f): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
]Good day all, im in my 7th week now, woke up two days ago and noticed I was spotting bright red. I quickly had my bath rushed to my hospital and she quickly ordered for an US. Luckily the baby was OK. I was immediately placed on gestone injection and progynova tabs /cyclogest. So later in the evening, I noticed the bleeding has stopped but subsequently I'm having this brownish discharge. On inquiry I was told its an old blood. Has anyone experienced this before and please how did you overcome it. I'm so worried.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ibari:
]Good day all, im in my 7th week now, woke up two days ago and noticed I was spotting bright red. I quickly had my bath rushed to my hospital and she quickly ordered for an US. Luckily the baby was OK. I was immediately placed on gestone injection and progynova tabs /cyclogest. So later in the evening, I noticed the bleeding has stopped but subsequently I'm having this brownish discharge. On inquiry I was told its an old blood. Has anyone experienced this before and please how did you overcome it. I'm so worried.

All is well dear.

Stay off sex and anything strenuous till the end of your 1st trimester.

Put yourself on self-imposed bed rest for the next few days, take plenty fluids and don't forget your daily folic acid.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2016
soonest:
@Britneystacy, thank God it's degenerating. Thers still time so let's watch. But any which way, be it cs or vb, so far you have your lo that's what truely matters.
!
No wahala. ...Will closely monitor it. Doctor said a monthly scan where it's size will be measured will confirm if it's degenerating or not. I am open minded sha....VB or CS ....as long as my baby is healthy, beautiful and intelligent and am in good health too! Marching forward. Thanks for the reassurance. ...God bless

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
helovesme:

Exactly.

Britneystacy, mompurity2 is right. Just take your mind off it.

I was diagnosed with fibroids (which have given me no issues apart from the odd cramp) before I got married. It didn't delay conception or affect my pregnancy in anyway.

Mine wasn't blocking my cervix and I was told I would get vaginal delivery. I was also so sure I would get a V-birth because I had checked my scan results with different doctors and I kept on bugging my midwife to refer me to senior consultant gynaecologist (which she did) and they had all assured me the fibroid wasn't an issue. In fact by my 7th month, the fibroids weren't visible on the scan.

However, during labour, my baby got distressed and I had to do an emergency c-section. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fibroids.

So just relax, pray and enjoy your 9 months journey and don't stress yourself with the fibroids. All that matters is you and the baby alive and well.

Thank you Sis for the reassurance ...Am doing just that....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
dosht:
@maureensylva
I'm rhesus neg too . Was given rhogam injection after delivery. Bought it at the clinic there 10000 naira (Epe general hospital 2011). So don't worry you'll be given after delivery

I'm first timer here. Team August for save delivery
Yipeeeeee...another team mate here. Welcome. Having taken rhogam injection, You are obviously not a FTM. Welcome to the thread.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blessedmum:
Okay so am here to register officially ( though I did last year April bt didn't stay long) . I got my Bfp dis morning and dis time around I av come to stay till I deliver

# TeamSeptember for supernatural delivery of my twins.
Congratulations and welcome. We rejoice with you. But this twins you people are sharing, There is God cheesy smiley grin. How una do am? Was really hoping to see 2sacs when I went for my first scan oo. grin grin. Will work hard to get it on my next missionary journey. Welcome once again

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funmz(f): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hello mums, pls how safe is lipton tea in early pregnancy? I think I've become addicted to it. Does it help if I add milk to it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
Blessdedmum you are welcome, do have a nice stay. Weather the devil likes it or not, you must carry to full term.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Congratulations and welcome. We rejoice with you. But this twins you people are sharing, There is God cheesy smiley grin. How una do am? Was really hoping to see 2sacs when I went for my first scan oo. grin grin. [b]Will work hard [/b]to get it on my next missionary journey. Welcome once again
How @ the bolded.
Is there any way to go about having twins.
Am sure many Mamas here want twins too.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
So mamas let me fill u in on my call 2 my frnd's husby....I put a call thru 2 him wit a new sim n told him wat his wife has been passing thru since she gave birth.Do u guys knw dat his mom didn't told him dat they moved d wife away frm her home 2 their place? He thought dat d mother is there doing omugwo 4d wife....He thanked me so much 4 calling him first n not informing d wifey parents....Do u also bliv dat he used 2 send 50k evry month 2 d mom 2 take care of d wife? I was short of words....He told me dat his mom didn't approved his marriage 2d gal but aftr marriage she was cool,not knowing it was eye service....So he told me dat he's going 2 call his mom n give her some piece of his mind n tell her 2 return his wife's fone back 2 her n d key 2 her apartment....Promise 2 call me back 30mins aftr I hang up.He called n told me dat he has spoken 2 d mom n wife dat d wife wil be going back 2 her flat 1st thing 2mor morning....He's also coming home in 2wks time! Can u imagine.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olaoyekemi(f): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=proudmom38 post=42259657]So mamas let me fill u in on my call 2 my frnd's husby....I put a call thru 2 him wit a new sim n told him wat his wife has been passing thru since she gave birth.Do u guys knw dat his mom didn't told him dat they moved d wife away frm her home 2 their place? He thought dat d mother is there doing omugwo 4d wife....He thanked me so much 4 calling him first n not informing d wifey parents....Do u also bliv dat he used 2 send 50k evry month 2 d mom 2 take care of d wife? I was short of words....He told me dat his mom didn't approved his marriage 2d gal but aftr marriage she was cool,not knowing it was eye service....So he told me dat he's going 2 call his mom n give her some piece of his mind n tell her 2 return his wife's fone back 2 her n d key 2 her apartment....ote]thank God, may God reward u for dis beautiful act of urs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (6962) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.