Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,538 members, 7,885,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (91750 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2012
alstacs:

What about using her own ID& password to the upgrade? The PB comes to her and she continues with her details!
you mean someone else use her ID to set up the PB then sends it to her abi? that will work, the playbook won't scan your face to know weda na you dey input your ID or not lol. So if you can get Oga fhemmy to help u set up ur PB with ur ID and password before he ships, na plus for you.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
sandraa: Thanks guys my PlayBook is back and new and awesome
you wlcome. Did you have to upgrade again after the reset?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
tripler: I dont know if anyone can help me out in this forum, got a brand new playbook just a week ago and about 3days i used the battery % to zero limit and the playbook went off by it self, since then i have been unable to charge it up back, now i cant even wake it up from its slumber, charging signal once shows red light and off it goes after few second if i plug it to the wall charger, i notice alot of other bb Playbook user complain of the same on Blackberry forum site. all tricks dey specify i have tried, do anyone have any idea on what to do, or where i can get the so called rapid charging pod. before i dig up a hole at the backyard for this trash tablet. angry angry angry

All u need is a good blackberry charger which I doubt u can get. I had the experience and all I did was to use a nokia charger that has same bb port and my playbook came alive. That's the solution or use a verygood car charger.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by omosuji(m): 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2012
TCD: You wan buy playbooks straight from RIM in canada at unbelievably low prices, oya run here fast . 64GB for 55K, 32GB - 50K,, 16Gb - 42K... This na deal of the century, to get an amazing tablet for cheap. buy while stock lasts. www.nairaland.com/933290/32gb-blackberry-playbook-pre-ordered-tcd/2
why was my purchase of pb 64g in a computer village shop for 52k queried?. Now 64g direct from Canada for 55k, does this price now cover for freight , custom duty,profit bla bla. It is obvious now that higher prices is just profiteering. Na wa for nija. PB prices has crashed worldwide, why not here?.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
omosuji: why was my purchase of pb 64g in a computer village shop for 52k queried?. Now 64g direct from Canada for 55k, does this price now cover for freight , custom duty,profit bla bla. It is obvious now that higher prices is just profiteering. Na wa for nija. PB prices has crashed worldwide, why not here?.
lol, nobody query you oga mi. People were just adviced to keep eyes open before buying thats all. So many fakers out there one gotta be csreful.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by sandraa(f): 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
TCD: you wlcome. Did you have to upgrade again after the reset?

Yes o i did o, it re installed 2.0 OS on its own, all i did was plugged it to light and left it to do its thing!
via wifi sha!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by cupid4ig(m): 9:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Getting mine soon
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Niiade(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mr Fhemmy oya prices o< sowe for crashing on the other thread my bad sir. thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
Getting my PB tomoro, can u guys tell me the names of some of your favourite apps nd why u like them?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
efewhoa: Getting my PB tomoro, can u guys tell me the names of some of your favourite apps nd why u like them?

Apps have personal preferences, you will have to explore and discover!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Niiade(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
TCD please what is the average size of a good app on playbook. Wanna know which option would be best for me thanks.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2012
I wanna get the playbook soon, I currently use a BOLD4 and am wondering if I could use my MTN 1,500 BIS to browse and download on ma playbook via the bold
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
bukahands: I wanna get the playbook soon, I currently use a BOLD4 and am wondering if I could use my MTN 1,500 BIS to browse and download on ma playbook via the bold

Yes Yes Yes!!! Look @ the playbook has a better extension to your bold 4. Is the 3G signal on your 9780 fully functional?

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2012
Niiade: TCD please what is the average size of a good app on playbook. Wanna know which option would be best for me thanks.

If you are an app freak and love loads of HD games, get a 32gb, otherwise a 16gb should also serve you nicely. And if you want the almighty daddy, get a 64gb!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2012
Niiade: TCD please what is the average size of a good app on playbook. Wanna know which option would be best for me thanks.
They range from about 300kb - 50mb for apps and about 1mb - 800mb for games. At least for the ones ive seen.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Yes Yes Yes!!! Look @ the playbook has a better extension to your bold 4. Is the 3G signal on your 9780 fully functional?

Yes very very functional and how do I connect to d playbook cos OS6 has wifi but not d hotspot and is there a download limit while using d playbook
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
bukahands:

Yes very very functional and how do I connect to d playbook cos OS6 has wifi but not d hotspot and is there a download limit while using d playbook

To connect your playbook to your 9780 is very simple, you download a free application called blackberry bridge. And the rest is as easy as ABC.
Ensure your playbook is updated to OS2.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
In love with my Pb got it like an hour ago grin.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
Lexusgs430:

To connect your playbook to your 9780 is very simple, you download a free application called blackberry bridge. And the rest is as easy as ABC.

Thank u very much
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
bukahands:

Thank u very much

@ the point of pairing your devices, ensure you turn on the bluetooth on your phone.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by cafedeluv(m): 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
Hi TCD,
I'm having an issue with my playbook. it has stopped charging. the battery indicator shows that its charging but battery bar is stuck at 52%. I've tried several other charger with it but still get the same result. Tried charging it powered off same result. Pls help on what else to do. thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Yeecar(m): 1:40am On Jul 12, 2012
sandraa:

Yes o i did o, it re installed 2.0 OS on its own, all i did was plugged it to light and left it to do its thing!
via wifi sha!
I just got mine too,and am having the same problem. Please, hw did u reset your playbook?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 1:48am On Jul 12, 2012
cafedeluv: Hi TCD,
I'm having an issue with my playbook. it has stopped charging. the battery indicator shows that its charging but battery bar is stuck at 52%. I've tried several other charger with it but still get the same result. Tried charging it powered off same result. Pls help on what else to do. thanks
you mean the battery doesn't ever charge beyond 52%? Since you've tried other chargers and still the same, it could be a software issue. If you have wifi available try reset your PB to factory settings so it'll wipe Or if you don't have wifi, reload the playbook OS using dingleberry. Before any of these remember to backup your PB using DM first.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Yeecar(m): 1:54am On Jul 12, 2012
TCD: you mean the battery doesn't ever charge beyond 52%? Since you've tried other chargers and still the same, it could be a software issue. If you have wifi available try reset your PB to factory settings so it'll wipe Or if you don't have wifi, reload the playbook OS using dingleberry. Before any of these remember to backup your PB using DM first.
Oga tcd ,abeg i no dey undastand all this your grammar, abeg break am down for novice lk me to undastand.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 5:11am On Jul 12, 2012
@Lexusgs430 please is there a way to make the pb easily swift between potrait nd landscape mode. I hav been finding it hard to switch between them.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:35am On Jul 12, 2012
efewhoa: @Lexusgs430 please is there a way to make the pb easily swift between potrait nd landscape mode. I hav been finding it hard to switch between them.

On the top right of your pb screen are six icons, one of those icons next to your bridge menu puts a lock or release on your choice - view.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 5:50am On Jul 12, 2012
Hi ya'all I really wanna try the video call on my playbook since it's bind to wifi. That's the only thing I've not tried on it. Every other thing is cool about the playbook. My friend cries with his ipad now and envied me cos of subscription issues. Anyone who is down to try video chat with me should add me ASAP pin:500EC14E n 27a11781. Sandra 1st winks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:59am On Jul 12, 2012
drumme: Hi ya'all I really wanna try the video call on my playbook since it's bind to wifi. That's the only thing I've not tried on it. Every other thing is cool about the playbook. My friend cries with his ipad now and envied me cos of subscription issues. Anyone who is down to try video chat with me should add me ASAP pin:500EC14E n 27a11781. Sandra 1st winks

Do not think video calls are possible with the pb. (text chat is possible through Skype if you sideload your pb)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:36am On Jul 12, 2012
Lexus, you can video chat PB to PB using your pins just like facetime on ipad. But you need wifi. So I've never even bothered to try it. The icon for the video chat app is that skyblue BBM-like logo with a camera lens on it. Sheyy u have wifi? You and drummer should do am tell us how far grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (66) (Reply)

Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig / Step By Step: How To Get A Free USA Phone Number From Google Voice / How To Get Free 50gb Data On Mtn (new Users)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.