Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,298 members, 7,910,560 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 11:54 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (92329 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:43am On Jul 12, 2012
Yeecar:
Oga tcd ,abeg i no dey undastand all this your grammar, abeg break am down for novice lk me to undastand.
tel me, what exactly is the problem with your playbook so I can know what to explain.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 6:48am On Jul 12, 2012
Lexusgs430:

On the top right of your pb screen are six icons, one of those icons next to your bridge menu puts a lock or release on your choice - view.
I have seen that, its just that i am finding it hard to get the choice view. When I turn the screen to portrait it doesn't respond sometimes
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2012
Please can I use ma mtn 1500 bbc month be used on ma playbook to download large files like 600MB and above cos am afraid of dat MTN BIS 200MB limit
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
efewhoa: I have seen that, its just that i am finding it hard to get the choice view. When I turn the screen to portrait it doesn't respond sometimes
whenever you change positions, just tilt the PB towards you at 45 degrees angle, thats how the pb knows your position. Took me awhile to figure that out.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
bukahands: Please can I use ma mtn 1500 bbc month be used on ma playbook to download large files like 600MB and above cos am afraid of dat MTN BIS 200MB limit
mtn bbc has no limit. Dont mind the 200mb thing they tell you.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by bukahands(m): 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
TCD: mtn bbc has no limit. Dont mind the 200mb thing they tell you.
Hmmm thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2012
TCD: whenever you change positions, just tilt the PB towards you at 45 degrees angle, thats how the pb knows your position. Took me awhile to figure that out.
thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
Please where can I download apps from apart from the App world?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by cupid4ig(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2012
Come no more posting on this page until I get my own PlayBook.>:O
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by tonyx4x44(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2012
cupid4ig: Come no more posting on this page until I get my own PlayBook.>:O
grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
TCD: whenever you change positions, just tilt the PB towards you at 45 degrees angle, thats how the pb knows your position. Took me awhile to figure that out.
TCD pls i wont mind meeting you before goin back to school for your very large apps/games. Its the 5mb download limit guy..
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2012
Racheed: TCD pls i wont mind meeting you before goin back to school for your very large apps/games. Its the 5mb download limit guy..
ah my bros, you're still on that one? Why not just get an OS 6 blackberry to save yourself headache. 2nd hand cheap ones like curve 3G.

Wouldn't have any problems giving you all my application/game archives but I'm not in Lagos o.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2012
efewhoa: Please where can I download apps from apart from the App world?
downloading apps outside app world, you'll have to sideload them into the playbook. Flip back the pages of the thread, steps on sideloading have been outlined, plus many links abound on where to get apps.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
lol, sorry sir lipsrsealed
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
TCD: ah my bros, you're still on that one? Why not just get an OS 6 blackberry to save yourself headache. 2nd hand cheap ones like curve 3G.

Wouldn't have any problems giving you all my application/game archives but I'm not in Lagos o.
Awww.. Thanx. I'll be getting an OS 7.1 next month.. Just kinda impatient. Where u at??
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by cafedeluv(m): 11:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
TCD: you mean the battery doesn't ever charge beyond 52%? Since you've tried other chargers and still the same, it could be a software issue. If you have wifi available try reset your PB to factory settings so it'll wipe Or if you don't have wifi, reload the playbook OS using dingleberry. Before any of these remember to backup your PB using DM first.
Thanks TCD but how do i reload the os using dingleberry.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 5:35am On Jul 13, 2012
First attempt at sideloading didn't go quite well,my device ended up doing a security wipe and I now have to upgrade the pb. Will try again once I do the upgrade today.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by aomom(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2012

lmao pele
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Yeecar(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2012
TCD: tel me, what exactly is the problem with your playbook so I can know what to explain.
(1) please how do i reset my playbook book back to factory settings. And do i need wifi connection for dat?
(2) How do i send files from my play book,using bluethoot?
(3) Av gone through your manual on sideloading,seriously i dont understand it at all. Please try and xplain it in a simplified manner for non computer gurus like us.
(4) where can i download applications and games for my playbook free of charge?
(5) Am presently using curve 2 for brigding,and seriously have not realy enjoyed my play book at all, its really really slow and @ times it doesnt even connect to the internet @ at all. Please what type of phone do you sugest i upgrade to. 'As very fast intrnet connectivity.
Tnx in anticipation of quick response, oga tcd.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:14am On Jul 13, 2012
Yeecar:
(1) please how do i reset my playbook book back to factory settings. And do i need wifi connection for dat?
(3) Av gone through your manual on sideloading,seriously i dont understand it at all. Please try and xplain it in a simplified manner for non computer gurus like us.
(5) Am presently using curve 2 for brigding,and seriously have not realy enjoyed my play book at all, its really really slow and @ times it doesnt even connect to the internet @ at all. Please what type of phone do you sugest i upgrade to. 'As very fast intrnet connectivity.

Curve 2 for bridging is punishment. You need any 3G enabled phone for speed. BlackBerry 9300,9105,9700 (low budgets)9780,9360,9800,9900,9790,9810,9860,P'9981,9320 (mid range and higher budgets)
To security wipe, scroll from top to bottom from home screen, select security and security wipe. Once wiped you will need a wifi connection to reconfigure.
To spoil yourself with free games, you will have to fight that nemesis called sideloading.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Niiade(m): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2012
plans to remove sideloading from the 2.1 version on the way o. na wa o
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2012
Yeecar:
Chief lexus has answered you wonderfully. Bridging with curve 2 is serious punishment.

For no 2. You can only send files via bluetooth to a bridged blackberry. And you need an app called files and folders, you'll have to sideload it.

No 3, the manual on sideloading is pretty simple. links and pictures are there to guide you. Just calmly read it, download the necessary tool (ddpb) and follow it step by step. It's not hard I tell you. Once you have the tools in front of you and reading the manual, it makes much more sense than going through and trying to imagine.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2012
efewhoa: First attempt at sideloading didn't go quite well,my device ended up doing a security wipe and I now have to upgrade the pb. Will try again once I do the upgrade today.
sorry man, wonder how that happened. When learning to sideload, start with very tiny apps, easier to learn the ropes with them. Goodluck
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2012
cafedeluv:
Thanks TCD but how do i reload the os using dingleberry.
i keep getting banned for posting this, don't know why. Just got banned again this morning.

I don tire for the spam bot. Anyway,quick summary download the playbook OS, download dinghy extract the folder. Put the files of the playbook OS into the custom folder of dingle berry folder u extracted. Enable development mode on your PB, connect the usb cable, launch dberry, enter your PB password and connect. Then click on firmware on the db interface, on the left drop down menu select 'custom" on the right drop down menu select full os. Then click update. Watch as db loads the pb os you put in its custom folder into your playbook.

Since I can't post links without getting my ass banned, use Google to search for where to download dingleberry berry and where to download Latest playbook OS.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2012
TCD: sorry man, wonder how that happened. When learning to sideload, start with very tiny apps, easier to learn the ropes with them. Goodluck
updated it will try again later
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by dandollar1: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
TCD: downloading apps outside app world, you'll have to sideload them into the playbook. Flip back the pages of the thread, steps on sideloading have been outlined, plus many links abound on where to get apps.
TCD. Those applications on that site you specified some pages back,cant on download directly to the playbook from that site? Will i have to still go thru the hassles of sideloading? I tought they've been already converted to bar files?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2012
TCD: sorry man, wonder how that happened. When learning to sideload, start with very tiny apps, easier to learn the ropes with them. Goodluck
I tried it again but this time when I clicked on connect on the DDPB, this message came up 'Java is not recognised as an internal or external command'. What should I do please?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
efewhoa: I tried it again but this time when I clicked on connect on the DDPB, this message came up 'Java is not recognised as an internal or external command'. What should I do please?
you're supposed to download the latest Java runtime environment (JRE) and install for ddpb to work. I stated it there. Did you download it?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2012
dan_dollar: TCD. Those applications on that site you specified some pages back,cant on download directly to the playbook from that site? Will i have to still go thru the hassles of sideloading? I tought they've been already converted to bar files?
you can't just install bar files directly, they have to be sideloaded onto the device.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
TCD: you're supposed to download the latest Java runtime environment (JRE) and install for ddpb to work. I stated it there. Did you download it?
yeah I have done that, waiting for the DDPB to connect, its been tryng to connect for over 15mins now is that normal?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
Good day PB friends. How do I send picture taken with PB as an attachment in a chat or email please.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (66) (Reply)

A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. / Pls,anybody Help Wit MSDICT ACTIVATION KEY / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.