Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,560 members, 7,885,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:33 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (91752 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 3:55am On Jul 17, 2012
I was thinking of getting a screen protector for my ph, do you guys use it for your pbs and would you advise me together to get one.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:17am On Jul 17, 2012
efewhoa: I was thinking of getting a screen protector for my ph, do you guys use it for your pbs and would you advise me together to get one.

I use a screen protector on my pb, it generally protects the screen from scratches and grazes. The protector does not affect the sensitivity of the screen.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 6:02am On Jul 17, 2012
Lexusgs430:

I use a screen protector on my pb, it generally protects the screen from scratches and grazes. The protector does not affect the sensitivity of the screen.
thanks, will be getting one then.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lacomb(m): 11:25am On Jul 17, 2012
Please, where did u buy the screen protector and how much is it?
Lexusgs430:

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2012
L acomb: Please, where did u buy the screen protector and how much is it?
Got mine from a shop where they sell phones and it cost me just 1k.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 3:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
Lacomb: Please, where did u buy the screen protector and how much is it?

I got it of eBay, and 3 protectors cost me £1.75
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 6:07am On Jul 18, 2012
@TCD, that 9mm game does it not save, played it several times and completed about the first two levels, but everytime I close it I have to start all over again?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lacomb(m): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2012
efewhoa: Got mine from a shop where they sell phones and it cost me just 1k.

Where is the shop? can i get the address please?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 11:33am On Jul 18, 2012
Lacomb:

Where is the shop? can i get the address please?
I got it from a store in waRri. If you're not in warri address won't be useful to you
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by 2010a: 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2012
Please does anyone in the house know how to transfer files from any smartphone eg blackberry, android etc to PlayBook. I have been trying to do so since yesterday night to no avail.
I am very confused now.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 2:50am On Jul 19, 2012
2010a: Please does anyone in the house know how to transfer files from any smartphone eg blackberry, android etc to PlayBook. I have been trying to do so since yesterday night to no avail.
I am very confused now.
you can only transfer files via bluetooth with a blackberry thats bridged with your playbook. And you need an app called files and folders to do that.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 2:53am On Jul 19, 2012
efewhoa: @TCD, that 9mm game does it not save, played it several times and completed about the first two levels, but everytime I close it I have to start all over again?
if you downloaded the version 2 from the specific link i gave for 9mm, you shouldnt have this problem. Its the version 1 that has an auto save bug.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
TCD: if you downloaded the version 2 from the specific link i gave for 9mm, you shouldnt have this problem. Its the version 1 that has an auto save bug.
I'll download that one now, thanks.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2012
Facebook chat doesn't work with bridge. Only works with wifi, has anyone noticed this also?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
TCD: rename the 9mm from .zip to .bar. Do that with the file manager on your blackberry, not windows explorer.
can't find any ohter files on my filenmanager except from music,videos,pictures and documents. How do I then go about renaming it.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2012
I meant blackberry phone not tablet. Transfer the file to your phone then rename it with the bb file manager. If you want to be able to do same on your tablet, download and sideload the App called "files and folders".
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
TCD: I meant blackberry phone not tablet. Transfer the file to your phone then rename it with the bb file manager. If you want to be able to do same on your tablet, download and sideload the App files and folders.
thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Chizzybenjamin(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
Hey peeps,
I hav bin way to oppressed dat I dnt only wanna liberate myself n buy a PB,but wud buy and sell here for a gud price to others.
My question is dis,I kinda noticed that US used Pbs r not being advertised for sale here on NL,butI saw a lot to purchase.I wud b shipping in some used 16gb PBs.
Hope dere aint no general issues 4 dem not be sold if so pls state,so I can quickly deviate.It cud also be dat dey r scarce(gud 4 me)
But as for me am getting myself a used 32gb n I dnt giv a hoot sins I got a good rating on it.
If it goes as planned(which it wuld) den tell ur friends to get ready 4 sum real fun on deir PBs w not less dan 10k savings.
Ur inputs wud b appreciated all d same cos aint made up my mind on d purchases yet
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 12:15am On Jul 21, 2012
aomom:

please can u paste a working link it worked last night buh am in UI network is terrible here and now its ok, alto am going to lagos wana use my vgc hyconnect to download it another thing which dowgrade method did u use on your playbook?

pls send the correct link. i need to reload dis pb offline as it has refused to update online (error 3000)
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 1:44am On Jul 21, 2012
Excuse me guys, please can I bridge more than one BB or phones to my PB?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:22am On Jul 21, 2012
Chizzybenjamin: Hey peeps,
I hav bin way to oppressed dat I dnt only wanna liberate myself n buy a PB,but wud buy and sell here for a gud price to others.
My question is dis,I kinda noticed that US used Pbs r not being advertised for sale here on NL,butI saw a lot to purchase.I wud b shipping in some used 16gb PBs.
Hope dere aint no general issues 4 dem not be sold if so pls state,so I can quickly deviate.It cud also be dat dey r scarce(gud 4 me)
But as for me am getting myself a used 32gb n I dnt giv a hoot sins I got a good rating on it.
If it goes as planned(which it wuld) den tell ur friends to get ready 4 sum real fun on deir PBs w not less dan 10k savings.
Ur inputs wud b appreciated all d same cos aint made up my mind on d purchases yet
Nothing wrong with used pb's as long as you're getting them from a reliable vendor who won't sell you melons. It's up to you to then find buyers and sell to them at very attractive rates. If your used pb and new one are almost same price, logically people will go for brand new ones instead.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by civilserva: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2012
Has anyone sideloaded operamini, I installed it but it cannot open. I need operamini as playbook stock browser can not open a Site in the background. I tried dolphin but it drags
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 4:44am On Jul 23, 2012
TCD: delete that which you have and download this real football 2011 v2, it works http://i.minus.com/1339545885/AGFNkDiXxhJgrlF8j5qSrw/db07lZ5AESgpdj/Real Football HD 2011 v2.0.bar

Oga your link no work
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2012
TCD: Playbook Android Games, http://chimen.minus.com/mtzLD0pTc/1g

Thanks man, BTW my playbook browser can't post on this site , it gives some error , dnt know y
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2012
aomom: blackberry playbook for sale 16gb 55k if u need it call me 07069496313

Ur funny!!!!!! When a new one costs 40k !
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
Got a playbook 64 GB on Friday, great device! I must say , still has some draw backs

-cant connect to app world via bridge
-the browser is not very efficient in downloading large files.

-side loaded opera mobile on it but e wnt work !

- I activated it at night with my MTN fastlink & some virtual access point app for windows 7 , it took about 45 mins.

-it has no widgets like most android tabs have

-it doesn't connect to ur pc as a usb flash ( u need to install d BB desktop manager 1st)

-and lastly mine wnt post on nairaland (dnt know y , it gives some error) .

- I can't hold it 4 long , it is sort of heavy

- it has lovely hD games .

Does anybody know if there is a football manager for the playbook , thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
hello TCD, is it possible to download the file for PB update 2.0 on my laptop and transfer to my PB after?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
Jarmzone: hello TCD, is it possible to download the file for PB update 2.0 on my laptop and transfer to my PB after?
answered this few pages ago. Its possible under some circumstances.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
Btw, anyone sideloading opera mini on playbook is wasting his time. The playbook stock browser seems adequate enough, downloads well, loads multiple pages, fast etc. Although I have about 6 other browser installed, the stock browser does okay for me. Just use the others for certain intricacies. To the fellows looking for opera, download Maxthon browser or dolphin browser HD, those are android sideloads. Maxthon is better than dolphin though
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
@TCD, I sideloaded that files and folder app on my playbook, but have been tryng to transfer a file from my playbook to my blackberry, when I cut or copy from the pb and paste on my phone it shows an error message(error #0 or #3000). The message doesn't come up if am transfering from my phone to the pb tho, please what can I do?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
efewhoa: @TCD, I sideloaded that files and folder app on my playbook, but have been tryng to transfer a file from my playbook to my blackberry, when I cut or copy from the pb and paste on my phone it shows an error message(error #0 or #3000). The message doesn't come up if am transfering from my phone to the pb tho, please what can I do?
not sure why you're having that issue, if you have ruled out inadequate memory issues as the cause, then maybe you should download the latest version 4.1.2 as that has better bridge support.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
TCD: not sure why you're having that issue, if you have ruled out inadequate memory issues as the cause, then maybe you should download the latest version 4.1.2 as that has better bridge support.
please do you have a link i could use in downloading that, cos I got this one from the link you posted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (66) (Reply)

Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig / Step By Step: How To Get A Free USA Phone Number From Google Voice / How To Get Free 50gb Data On Mtn (new Users)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.