Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,681 members, 7,945,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? (92943 Views)

Why Blackberry Playbook Is Cheap / Request For Your Blackberry Playbook Android Apps Or Games / Blackberry Playbook Hard Reset Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by nitos(m): 2:48am On Jul 26, 2012
Pls I just got a 16g Pb and I want it bridged with my curve2...I hope EDGE network won't affect the speed on the PB ..I am using glo network on dis curve2 pls advise my people
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 3:50am On Jul 26, 2012
nitos: Pls I just got a 16g Pb and I want it bridged with my curve2...I hope EDGE network won't affect the speed on the PB ..I am using glo network on dis curve2 pls advise my people

Speed would surely be compromised using EDGE. To enjoy your latest gadget, upgrade to a 3G enabled device.
My advice to you is, use the 8520 initially, then bridge with a 3G enabled phone. So you can appreciate the difference in loading speed times. You will throw your 8520 in the forest!!!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by nitos(m): 6:24am On Jul 26, 2012
Thks for d reply I rilly appreciate it, I also need to u explain to me bridging d fone and d Pb is it a must I hav d two in a. Close range before it can work or I can bridge d two and hv one in lagos and d oda elsewhere and it ll still work.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2012
efewhoa: please do you have a link i could use in downloading that, cos I got this one from the link you posted.
no i dont. The link i had expired weeks ago. Try searching for it on google.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by pcwhiz(m): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2012
av bin havin slpless nyt,watery mouth,sweaty palm and many many drms of bb playbk.. D trut is i cant wait to lay my hands on onecheesy... mek ds mnth do end sef...
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2012
nitos: Thks for d reply I rilly appreciate it, I also need to u explain to me bridging d fone and d Pb is it a must I hav d two in a. Close range before it can work or I can bridge d two and hv one in lagos and d oda elsewhere and it ll still work.

Your bridging is done via Bluetooth, once you are out of range...........
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by pcwhiz(m): 6:50am On Jul 26, 2012
pcwhiz: av bin havin slpless nyt,watery mouth,sweaty palm and many many drms of bb playbk.. D trut is i cant wait to lay my hands on onecheesy... mek ds mnth do end sef...
TCD i hail o! Av bin readin n followin u since d beginin of ds thread.baba u b my mentor.. Am gettin lyk 50k hopefully by nxtwk mnday but d trouble is dt i reside at kd, is any hope of me gettin a 32g for dt amount at Kd? Pls suggest.tnx
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by efewhoa: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2012
TCD: no i dont. The link i had expired weeks ago. Try searching for it on google.
alright, thanks alot
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
pcwhiz: TCD i hail o! Av bin readin n followin u since d beginin of ds thread.baba u b my mentor.. Am gettin lyk 50k hopefully by nxtwk mnday but d trouble is dt i reside at kd, is any hope of me gettin a 32g for dt amount at Kd? Pls suggest.tnx
thanks for your kind words boss. I don't sell PB's so can't really say how you can get one in KD. You can contact sellers here on NL anf find out what they can offer you.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by drumme: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
TCD: thanks for your kind words boss. I don't sell PB's so can't really say how you can get one in KD. You can contact sellers here on NL anf find out what they can offer you.

I have 32g for 55k. I can send it to you through courier service to kd.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by benzion72(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2012
PLAYBOOK screen can break. I installed a tank war the game is interesting. You are required to fire by clicking the screen the more the click the more the fire. My boy was engrossed in firing until he cracked my sweet PB screen. Please note that game which required banging the screen can lead to cracking of the screen. Please learn from me
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2012
alstacs: Pls who has a practical experience with bridging of playbook with BB phone in Nigeria?I would like to know how satisfied satisfied or otherwise you are in areas with 3G and EDGE signal.
Do you think this experience is comparable to Samsung galaxy tab or superior in some aspects??

I bridge with my bold 2 , works fine & is fast (MTN) but I Always switch my phone to 3G 1st!!! You can watch youtube videos & all on ur playbook via bridge without any xtra charge!!! But u can't access app world thru bridge , u need wifi for dat.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 12:27am On Jul 28, 2012
Guys please help a brother out - I have tried to do the Internet tethering with my PB and MTN line but I think I'm doing something wrong. I don't know the username and password it keeps asking me cos I'm on MTN bis.

Thanks guys.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 12:33am On Jul 28, 2012
spoilerx:

I bridge with my bold 2 , works fine & is fast (MTN) but I Always switch my phone to 3G 1st!!! You can watch youtube videos & all on ur playbook via bridge without any xtra charge!!! But u can't access app world thru bridge , u need wifi for dat.

Please how did you connect your bold2 to urban PB? There's a form that asks me to fill in username, password etc... I don't know those details... Please put me through.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:22am On Jul 28, 2012
Jarmzone: Guys please help a brother out - I have tried to do the Internet tethering with my PB and MTN line but I think I'm doing something wrong. I don't know the username and password it keeps asking me cos I'm on MTN bis.

Thanks guys.
internet tethering and blackberry bridge are two different things. Read this to know how to bridge http://crackberry.com/setting-and-using-blackberry-bridge-blackberry-playbook-20
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 11:39am On Jul 28, 2012
cupid4ig: seriously boss ur post is tempting me to get a PlayBook I want this PlayBook so bad now. sad seriously boss ur post is tempting me to get a PlayBook I want this PlayBook so bad now.

Abeg where do u stream matches/movies on ur playbook? Please I need the website
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2012
Jarmzone:

Please how did you connect your bold2 to urban PB? There's a form that asks me to fill in username, password etc... I don't know those details... Please put me through.

What is 'urban pb' ?
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by spoilerx: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
Does anyone have streams links that work on playbook? Football / formula 1
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
benzion72: PLAYBOOK screen can break. I installed a tank war the game is interesting. You are required to fire by clicking the screen the more the click the more the fire. My boy was engrossed in firing until he cracked my sweet PB screen. Please note that game which required banging the screen can lead to cracking of the screen. Please learn from me
wow, I just saw this, does your friend have sandpaper on his fingers? How the he'll did he use just fingers to break screen. I gotta be careful too sef, mine has fallen face down three times from my table to my tiled floor, thankfully no breakage yet. I for vex
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
spoilerx:

Abeg where do u stream matches/movies on ur playbook? Please I need the website

The playbook is an all round entertainment device, infact carry mine as a mobile entertainment and information hub. This is made possible by MTN's wonderful unlimited BIS, God bless their souls.

For streaming, the first most obvious one would be youtube, has a wide array of different content in every field of life. I love documentaries alot there are thousands on youtube. Same for comedy shows and clips. I also remember watching covenant university's last convocation via their live stream on youtube, so it goes with reason that live streams can be watched via youtube.

For sport streams, last may I viewed the Uefa champions league final live on my PB using livetv.ru. Havent tried them since then though. Wanted to see if i could view some during euros unfortunately was busy during that period.

Now, the one I'm mainly into after youtube is watching TV streams using Tablet Tv app. The beauty of this app is it has a wide array of channels grouped according to countries. From ABC, NBC, FOX, MTV, CNN , Disney channel, BBC eetc etc. Unfortunately though these channels are location restricted. Luckily or should i say unluckily for me, the blackberry server handling my BIS traffic happens to be in the Uk, so when bridged, i have a UK IP and as such im only able to access the UK channels like BBC news and the dry BBC 1, 2,3, 4 etc. Wish my bis was routed through RIM's servers in America, i'd be a much happier man.

Sure there are ways to change your ip to whatever country you want using proxy servers but you csn only set proxy servers for when you're on wifi, doesnt work for bridge. Even if it did, i dont trust those proxy people with my information. All your traffic goes through their servers, dont be surprised if someone in russia clears you bank account then you start asking how manage.

Putting some screen shots up of tablet tv in action, first two shows some interfaces in the app, the others show me watching my only fave british channel live, BBC News.

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
Oh, forgot to put some necessary caveats in my first post.

1. Do not bother trying this if you don't have a good 3G connection. If you're using EDGE don't waste your time. It's easier for a came to pass through the eye of half a needle.

2. Do not try this if you use any other network apart from MTN. Worse if you use Airtel. Streaming video is a serious data consumer. For example on a good day, watching hours of docs on youtube, shows, watch the news on BBC live, at the end of the day I check my data traffic app on my BB used 2 to 3 GB on the average. If it's on the day one of my female friends wink decides to turn my PB into Africa Magic and watch countless Full Nollywood movies on youtube, by the end of the day can get up to 5GB. So if you're on Etisalat, GLO, Airtel except you want to finish your data allowance in one day, stay away.

3. While watching away and enjoying yourself, it's good to have your phone plugged to a power source, plug the PB too if you can. Although it's not compulsory for the PB. Did a test and my PB took me through 7 hours of continuous streaming nonstop from full battery till automatically shutdown. This was with bluetooth headset also connected at the same time. The blackberry phone in the other hand is another story, as we all know 3G drains the battery of the bb phone fast. So its best to have your phone plugged in somewhere, even if it's to your laptop or desktop computer.

4. Erm, what again , if I think of another warning I go tell una.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
Still on streaming, if you're a music lover like me, then you should download the VEVO app. It's a music app where you can watch music videos (both old and latest ones) of artistes on demand. Just like having MTV right there in your pocket only this time you can choose what you want to watch.

Has all the popular musicians you can prolly think of. They are arranged according to name and under each you can watch all their old and new music videos with just a click.

And yes, the caveats above also apply here especially needing a good 3G connection.

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD1: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
Last but not the least in the streaming family, internet radio streaming.

For that, tried a few radio apps, but because of that ip thingy i describe above, most wont let me have access. So far, only use Nobex radio app and I'm okay with it. Although it lets me only listen to UK radio stations coz of my ip but i dont mind. Amogst many others i get the BBC word servce radio and also Talk sport a 24 hour sport radio station in the Uk with live commentaries of premiership, champs league, tennis, basketball etc etc. I just need my bluetooth head set and I'm on.

Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hi TCD, I have finally gotten my PB...I need you to help me with steps to use my PB to browse via bridge. I use a bold 2 (9700) MTN line; and I also have the Samsung Galaxy pocket (Etislat).. Please help me out. Thanks.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
spoilerx:

What is 'urban pb' ?

Ah! sorry, the urban was a stupid typo... I was on the phone talking to someone about a video on Trace Urban... my bad.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Jarmzone(m): 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
TCD: internet tethering and blackberry bridge are two different things. Read this to know how to bridge http://crackberry.com/setting-and-using-blackberry-bridge-blackberry-playbook-20

Please how do connect to the internet via tethering... pardon my ignorance oh... I'm very new to the PB club. Thanks
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 3:12am On Jul 29, 2012
TCD:
The playbook is an all round entertainment device, infact carry mine as a mobile entertainment and information hub. This is made possible by MTN's wonderful unlimited BIS, God bless their souls.

For streaming, the first most obvious one would be youtube, has a wide array of different content in every field of life. I love documentaries alot there are thousands on youtube. Same for comedy shows and clips. I also remember watching covenant university's last convocation via their live stream on youtube, so it goes with reason that live streams can be watched via youtube.

For sport streams, last may I viewed the Uefa champions league final live on my PB using livetv.ru. Havent tried them since then though. Wanted to see if i could view some during euros unfortunately was busy during that period.

Now, the one I'm mainly into after youtube is watching TV streams using Tablet Tv app. The beauty of this app is it has a wide array of channels grouped according to countries. From ABC, NBC, FOX, MTV, CNN , Disney channel, BBC eetc etc. Unfortunately though these channels are location restricted. Luckily or should i say unluckily for me, the blackberry server handling my BIS traffic happens to be in the Uk, so when bridged, i have a UK IP and as such im only able to access the UK channels like BBC news and the dry BBC 1, 2,3, 4 etc. Wish my bis was routed through RIM's servers in America, i'd be a much happier man.

Sure there are ways to change your ip to whatever country you want using proxy servers but you csn only set proxy servers for when you're on wifi, doesnt work for bridge. Even if it did, i dont trust those proxy people with my information. All your traffic goes through their servers, dont be surprised if someone in russia clears you bank account then you start asking how manage.

Putting some screen shots up of tablet tv in action, first two shows some interfaces in the app, the others show me watching my only fave british channel live, BBC News.

You are lucky that your IP address is routed through the UK. Tmobile UK have routed their BIS connection through their headquarters (Germany), hence BBC Iplayer would only work through wifi and not BIS.
So if MTN answers your USA prayer requests , that is Iplayer out of the windows for you!!!
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 6:57am On Jul 29, 2012
Jarmzone:

Please how do connect to the internet via tethering... pardon my ignorance oh... I'm very new to the PB club. Thanks
dude, you want to browse on your PB using your MTN BIS Abi? Then what you need to do is bridge. Read the link posted for how to go about it.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by TCD: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2012
Lexusgs430:

You are lucky that your IP address is routed through the UK. Tmobile UK have routed their BIS connection through their headquarters (Germany), hence BBC Iplayer would only work through wifi and not BIS.
So if MTN answers your USA prayer requests , that is Iplayer out of the windows for you!!!
bro, I'll gladly give up the BBC iplayer for the American variety of stations. BBC 1, 2, 3,4 are just depressing.
Re: Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? by Racheed(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2012
HELP ANYONE, TCD. A few of my android apps have stopped connecting to the internet i.e those ones that connect thru the native android browser e.g skyfire, dolphin browser, tubemate, soccer tv abbl. The last time it happened i reloaded my O.S. Dont wanto have to do that again. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (66) (Reply)

Pls,anybody Help Wit MSDICT ACTIVATION KEY / Whatsapp Latest Feature: Swipe To Reply, Dark Mode And Lots More / Telegram Releases Version 4.8 With With Video Streaming And Many More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.