Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? (33120 Views)

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 24% (34 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 44% (61 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 21% (29 votes)
never thought about it.: 9% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Can you go down on your knees to beg him not to leave you?

Absolutely not! Am not that desperate.: 17% (15 votes)
Yes, if I truly adore him.: 40% (35 votes)
No, but one can never tell: 16% (14 votes)
Never thought about it.: 25% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys, What Do Girls Do That Make Your Knees Weak? / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? / Should A Guy Beg A Girl On His Knees If He Offend Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by bukatyne(f): 12:06am On Mar 20, 2012
@OP: this ur observation brings so many wrong things to light in our culture/society. i wonder y a gal/female feels she has to always be attached to a male figure to feel complete. if d lady genuinely wrongs d guy, she can decide to apologize in wateva manner she deemed fit though i ll never subscribe to a gal kneelin for her bf or a man she is not married to. BUT when everything is goin smoothly n d guy/husband says i m leavin; i would sit them down n have a soul to soul chat wit them. tell them ow i feel, ask if there re problems/issues, let them know that i love them so much n i would hurt so much to c them go (i am not afraid to tell my feelings) but i don't think i ll kneel n crawl at their feet! we should learn when to let go! u re sending signals that u can't function/survive witout them. are they God? God Bless!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:07am On Mar 20, 2012
Pakavy: 9te dear cheesy
Character

Nite! smiley
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2012
To have sex with her? Maybe not sure "Creepy" yes I can do anything to penetrate her vajayjay but I seriously doubt kneeing down for a woman or anybody at all. Going on my knees begging her not to leave me? Hell to the NO. I was thought to knee for prayers only.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 12:30am On Mar 20, 2012
For all here crying foul and singing hypocrisy,i'll take it that you still dont get the crux of this matter which is-[size=30pt]WHY BEG sOMEONE WHO DOESNT WANT TO STAY?[/size]
ugh! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by slimyem: 12:37am On Mar 20, 2012
talina: I couldnt get on my knees and beg a man not to leave. If something was so wrong between us and we couldnt even talk about it then its over. Me resorting to being a begger and him being ok with it is twisted. What kind of relationship would that be There has to be mutual respect or common sense to know when its over.
thank you sis!
Seriously,if i offend my guy (infidelity excluded) and the only thing he could do is threaten to leave,he would have shown me the depths of his immaturity and that would be one big reason to let him go!
These peeps just dont gerrit!

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 1:00am On Mar 20, 2012
~Killz~:

In most cases, the man is the elder. . . undecided And even if he wasn't, Nigerian culture stipulates utmost respect from the wife. It doesn't make them less. It's just respect, and a sign of humility!

Uhmm Killz suga.......why is a wife begging her husband to say if he doesn't want to stay? Begging isn't a sign of respect and it is the epitome of desperation and out of options. A wife should't have to resort to scraping her legs to get her husband to stay especially if he doesn't want to stay. Let say she does scrap her legs begging her husband to stay and he still left then what?

Begging a man to stay isn't going to stop a man from leaving if he truly desires to leave.

I will not get on my knees and the only person who is worthy of scraped knees is my CREATOR. wink kiss

Let's put the bullshit to the side and get to the meat.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 20, 2012
This is my take on this issue.
There is no room for conceitedness when it comes to love as you would only find yourself on the losing end ALL THE TIME.
Truth of the matter is if it is just a MERE relationship with no prospects of marriage, I WOULD NOT go down on my knees and beg him to stay. In fact he could go to blazes for all I care. I can always replace him whenever I deem appropriate however, this would only be my stance if he was the one who wronged me. If I wronged him I would beg for forgiveness but would not go down on two knees. NEVER.

The one thing people drop at the door step when entering into the institution of marriage is PRIDE and more so, a false sense of it. Why would I be proud towards a man I share SACRED vows with? Where would all the "for better or worse" go? If I am wrong, I would DEFINITELY do anything to appease him even if it means going down on my knees (I actually dont see the big deal in this.) I'd kneel down, beg and cry and even when i'v used up my store of tears I would conjure more be him wrong or not.

If he keeps the misbehavior up, that is the only time I can say I would not beg.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 20, 2012
slimyem: thank you sis!
Seriously,if i offend my guy (infidelity excluded) and the only thing he could do is threaten to leave,he would have shown me the depths of his immaturity and that would be one big reason to let him go!
These peeps just dont gerrit!

smiley Exactly!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by MrsChima(f): 1:11am On Mar 20, 2012
I still can't wrap around why a woman would beg her husband to say if HE WANTS TO LEAVE?!!!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by ekitikan(m): 1:30am On Mar 20, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
I still can't wrap around why a woman would beg her husband to say if HE WANTS TO LEAVE?!!!

Y"all sound as if all humans are animals,humans are fearfully and wonderfully made. If you are on the wrong side,you shd apologise,but do not loose ur dignity in so doing. Its an individual thing, I have knelt and beg my wife (she neva threatnd to leave) but I will neva beg anybody to stay wif me as u ve to want to stay for us to ve a gud relationship,cud only let u see reason for u to stay.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 20, 2012
The girls who kneel are apparently aware such thing pleases their man, and are quick to do it in order to save the relationship. Those who won't are also previously aware their man has no taste for such despicable behaviour. To me, it's about what is known to please the guy, and the attempt to do this. Forget what people may say here for ego-saving purposes.
Personally, I would perhaps even think a little less of that girl who kneels for me. If she knows this already, she won't kneel. It's despicable to say the least. undecided
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 20, 2012
^^ You would think less of a woman that kneels for you? Really? wow!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by mofuflex(m): 2:23am On Mar 20, 2012
Omo babes dey vex for hia o.
Make we dey talk am as we see am o.
Genuine love does things differently.....u'd never imagine what more u'd do than just going down on bended knees.
But these kind digital babe/wife now no send oh, u go beg tire ur knee go chop 4 ground and then Nada!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by cfours: 4:02am On Mar 20, 2012
I will do it under two circumstances:

1. If I am 100% sure that he can do the same for me.
2. If he is a multi millionaire.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 20, 2012
Never have never will.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by KINGwax(m): 4:39am On Mar 20, 2012
peziz: I can go on my knees and beg my man if i was at fault. Really no big deal; cos i get lots of kneeling and apologies from dudes in d past who wronged me while i was in a relationship with them.
seriously? Like how many DUDES in the past? Your machine will be spilling oil now!
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by KINGwax(m): 4:44am On Mar 20, 2012
REALITY101: To have sex with her? Maybe not sure "Creepy" yes I can do anything to penetrate her vajayjay but I seriously doubt kneeing down for a woman or anybody at all. Going on my knees begging her not to leave me? Hell to the NO. I was thought to knee for prayers only.
well, nobody asked for your side of kneeling, aint u a male? I think d question is for d female
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:02am On Mar 20, 2012
KINGwax: seriously? Like how many DUDES in the past? Your machine will be spilling oil now!
Hahahaha

Niger delta dey happen for dia bros. grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2012
Miss EZ:

I guess my question is, for those guys who must see knees hit the ground, what is it about kneeling down that is more superior to tears? Is the offended person more interested in me apologizing his way, or truly apologizing for my wrong? If someone is truly interested in seeing a sincere apology, i doubt they will give priority to any given act.

I hate to go all spiritual but even Jesus does not demand that we must be kneeling down to pray the sinners prayer, he only asks for a sincere heart and a confession of sin. If Jesus was more concerned about our hearts, why are we humans so focused on actions alone and not the heart.

Anyway i think i have over flogged my own point of view. To each their own.
Culture is just a way of life. Don't blame anyone for being born into such culture. The act on it's own is NOT demeaning. It only means respect in such culture. I think you take it to mean belittling the woman, while it's not. Jesus can see hearts. . . Humans cannot! Humans tend to work with what they can see. Don't blame them for that! BTW, some ladies see kneeling as the best way they can appease a man they love! Would you blame them for that too? Save your relationship the way you deem fit. Know the man you are in it with. Is he the tears alone type? Pray you meet a man like me who is sold out on tears alone! wink
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2012
freecocoa: Any guy that didn't budge after a lady must have cried her eyes out will most likely not budge if she kneels and any guy that will only budge when a lady kneels is not worth begging.
Well, save your relationship anyway you deem fit. . . Doesn't change the fact that kneeling is a Nigerian culture that cannot die! And i don't buy that he is not worth begging line. . . What warranted her crying her eyes out in the first place? If she's really at fault, nothing is too big to do, just to show that remorse. . . Pray you meet someone like me who needs only tears and a puckered face. . . wink
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 7:31am On Mar 20, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Uhmm Killz suga.......why is a wife begging her husband to say if he doesn't want to stay? Begging isn't a sign of respect and it is the epitome of desperation and out of options. A wife should't have to resort to scraping her legs to get her husband to stay especially if he doesn't want to stay. Let say she does scrap her legs begging her husband to stay and he still left then what?

Begging a man to stay isn't going to stop a man from leaving if he truly desires to leave.

I will not get on my knees and the only person who is worthy of scraped knees is my CREATOR. wink kiss

Let's put the bullshit to the side and get to the meat.
Helloooooooo. . . Leaving doesn't always mean leaving the relationship or does it? It may be a serious quarrel, thoughtless use of words on the man etc. Once she realizes he error, she tries to make peace with the man. Most times, going down on the knees is a sign that she is truly sorry. . .
Lemme tell you. Kneeling is part of the Nigerian culture to appease someone, not just a man. I've seen an elderly man go down on his knees begging a young chap after he damaged his car. Kneeling is the final resort. It depends on the gravity of the offence committed! Did you not see men on this thread saying they'll kneel and beg the woman they love, just to show her how sorry they are? Does it make them less man?
A wife doesn't need to beg him if she is not at fault, but then, what if she is at fault and is trying to save her relationship? You'll ask her not to beg her man the way she deems fit? Like seriously? That you won't get down on your knees doesn't mean the other woman wouldn't. Kneeling may just be the last ingredient to melt a mans heart. Begging him and kneeling is not a guarantee for him to stay. but then, would you not rather exhaust all your resources to make him change his mind, if you "really" love him? It's NOT a must to kneel, but you choose to do so to show how sorry you are. At least you tried. And even when he leaves, he could have a change of heart and come back. I'm yet to see anyone that has dropped dead as a result of saying "I am sorry" in the language the man understands. Kneeling is a way of saying "I am sorry" when it comes to that extent. I wont ask any woman not to use it to try making her man stay. Hell, i've seen grown men knee walking, not minding the bruises, trying to beg the woman they love. Cultures are different. This is Nigerian Culture we talking about. . .
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 7:37am On Mar 20, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Character

Nite! smiley
*singing* when a man luvs a woman___e fit turn to cretin lalalalalalala! coolmy idowuogbo has not threatend to live i for dey on my belle. grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by blank(f): 7:38am On Mar 20, 2012
I can do so for my husband only. Even if it is 2 go the market and act like a mad person, I can if I have to. Can't imagine him leaving me.

1 Like

Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 7:41am On Mar 20, 2012
mofuflex: Omo babes dey vex for hia o.
Make we dey talk am as we see am o.
Genuine love does things differently.....u'd never imagine what more u'd do than just going down on bended knees.
But these kind digital babe/wife now no send oh, u go beg tire ur knee go chop 4 ground and then Nada!
analog babes/wifey dey
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 7:42am On Mar 20, 2012
talina: I couldnt get on my knees and beg a man not to leave. If something was so wrong between us and we couldnt even talk about it then its over. Me resorting to being a begger and him being ok with it is twisted. What kind of relationship would that be There has to be mutual respect or common sense to know when its over.
You still don't get the "culture" twist to this issue. . .
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 20, 2012
rokiatu: Never have never will.

The question was not meant for single ladies, who will be that unfortunate to be begged by willy willy with yam legs, the person do rather beg u to stop appearing in his life
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Pakavy(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2012
odiaero:

The question was not meant for single ladies, who will be that unfortunate to be begged by willy willy with yam legs, the person do rather beg u to stop appearing in his life
hahaha ;Dmake i come go where i dey pack concrete cos my boss na single woman with willy willy yam legs..i no fit beg dat one even if she wan sack me for coming late
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 20, 2012
Pakavy: hahaha ;Dmake i come go where i dey pack concrete cos my boss na single woman with willy willy yam legs..i no fit beg dat one even if she wan sack me for coming late
grin
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by karpentar: 8:09am On Mar 20, 2012
If a partner is at fault and genuinely knows that, why shouldn’t he or she beg in any way? But you’ll be a big fool and lose all your self esteem if you plead when evidently, you’re not at fault. Anyway, I don’t think this happens often in real life.
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by DualCore1: 8:27am On Mar 20, 2012
@Topic: Its always very embarrassing. Ladies please stop it! Except you have some BJ intentions, don't embarrass us joor. angry
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Killz3(m): 8:28am On Mar 20, 2012
slimyem: For all here crying foul and singing hypocrisy,i'll take it that you still dont get the crux of this matter which is-[size=30pt]WHY BEG sOMEONE WHO DOESNT WANT TO STAY?[/size]
ugh! angry angry
Are you really a yoruba girl or are you a "remixed" version of a yoruba girl? Yoruba girls know the koko, pls stop falling their hand. . .

What if he wants to stay? Would you beg him or not? Pls answer. . .
Re: Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 20, 2012
Ladies can do it especially when money is involve. Much money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Marries His Girlfriend Of 10 Years (Photos) / Telemundo Is Affecting My Relationship;please Help / Pre-wedding Photos Of My Fiancee And I. #we Cool Like That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.