Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,370 members, 7,920,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:44 AM

Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? (11508 Views)

Enough Of I Need Idea Or Money For Investment: Lets Invest Now. / Ghanian Cedis And Naira Which Is More Valuable. / Ghana Cedis Valuable Than Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by anonimi: 8:24am On May 22, 2012
javascript101: @ violent the US of A is spending lump sums to get information and this shows that money is the real deal. Why do y'all think russia lost out during the cold war. They had knowledgable scientists but had no freaking more. So the sons of b**ches had no option but to defect to where the money is,America. Money is the wings that information soars high on. With money and foresight all the information you need, you will get. And if you decide to kill the info so that ppl around you will suffer your money will take of your evil quest.pass me the money already!

You got your narration about Russian scientists migrating to America very wrong.
They migrated for freedom to seek more collaborative information/knowledge from which they can make money.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Sprumbaba: 8:24am On May 22, 2012
Information is better than money but to execute those information, you need money.
I came across a naija guy making $80,000 - $100,000 a month online. Without in depth information about what needs to be done and how, you will lose money.
So, information is power.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by optimus106(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2012
Wit information u̶̲̥̅̊
make money and more money
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by melvournis(f): 8:35am On May 22, 2012
With money you can information![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by babyboy3(m): 8:37am On May 22, 2012
Information every day of the week, actually its priceless

If I know all the location were they could find oil or gold on this earth I would name my price
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Scetchmaster(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2012
Well both are good but information is more important than money which i prefferd.I got some pieces of information early this year and that makes me run for money by doing menia jobs to start an establishment on the information gotten to create channels and network of continous money.Without the information i might even not get the spark to raise money.

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by densil(m): 8:42am On May 22, 2012
Information shapes a man for money. Money makes man go around. Buh first thing first get information because ur info is ur money. Ask Bill gate. Info is knowledge, knowledge fetches Money.
Peace
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Emylexray(m): 9:06am On May 22, 2012
Hmm! You all have given nice points. But i will like your points to be somehow limited or focused more on the present Nigerian circle.
Both money and information are indispensable and very important for any wealth-making venture or set-up. If we compare the merits on both sides, we will realise that MONEY stands tall than information. Here are my points on money:
1. With money, ideas come rushing, of what use is information if you have no money to harness that information into something profitable, i know of a crop of people who have got information about employments, businesses, latest offers in the society but lack the money to compete with others in the forefront or in the runing to grab this opportunities
2. Today, God has so blessed the igbo people that they can make cool money even with or without substantial information. Fine, you might want to discredit the quality of the products they make, but its putting food on their table, what have you done with your wealth of information? Money make things happen, i'm not igbo, but i do admire the industriousness of the igbos.
3. Information - money= paralysis.
Of what use is information without money, sometimes you even need money to acquire information. Lets say i've got ideas or information on establising a shoe making factory in a remote area with high demand for leather products like bags, shoes, wrist watches e.t.c. Without money to work towards this idea, the information is baseless and useless without money to make it count. A lot of people have got information or ideas but with little or no money to make it count. Money answers all things, including information.

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by maclatunji: 9:07am On May 22, 2012
Information is the new currency, most people just don't know it yet.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Emylexray(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2012
blink182: Information leads anytime anyday, its a matter of applying it properly.
and how do you apply it? With paper abi? Buttress your point.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by richy5(m): 9:15am On May 22, 2012
info is super
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by amec(m): 9:25am On May 22, 2012
A bank with close to 120 billion US
dollars in investors capital was
foreclosed not because it had no
money before its universal banking
license was granted to it;
The bank was foreclosed because
the managers and directors as at
june 2008 ran out of ideas on where
and when to invest shareholders
and depositors money.
In a nutshell, if I give you a million
naira and you had no ideas or enough
information on where to invest the
money, it will before you get the
right infos reduce to about 400
thousand or 400 naira only.
This is the single reason people go
to school to acquire knowled before
venturing or working. Its a natural
demand.
This is the single reason financial
institutions will ask you to bring
investment propositions before
they can lend you their money.
They simply need to make sure you
still knew what you wanted to do
with their money before you
approached them or got it[b]A bank with close to 120 billion US
and depositors money.
demand.
approached them or got it[/b]A bank with close to 120 billion US
and depositors money.
demand.
approached them or got it.

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Cargoed: 9:39am On May 22, 2012
The richest person that ever lived in this world ask God for Wisdom not money so ....

In Nigeria we hate information why? Because we feel that there is free money some where. Its in our Genetics
So we get ruled by those with information. I saw a chinese expatriate the other day building a culvert(gutter) in Lagos why?

Information & Money depends on who is holding it. A lazy/Illiterate person with information is useless and a selfish person with money is useless.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by javascript101: 9:50am On May 22, 2012
In Nigeria money rules, in obodo oyibo information comes first

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by amec(m): 10:10am On May 22, 2012
A bank with close to 120 billion US
and depositors money.
demand.
approached them or got it.

having a reliable information at your disposal can fetch you any amount you want but having certain amount of money can not always get you the information you need... ask iraq, libya, iran etc, oil rich nations that despisately needed one more thing or info their moneies could not get them.

you need no money atal to start! all you need is the right info. and patience. because the info or ideas you re laden with includes how to get the money you need...
like someone said earlier, you can sell an insider info. you have regarding a certain major move of a companies stock and make money therefrom no matter how little in that same company or deal. some peoples problem is simply greed. you want to walk out of your mothers womb and the next day be a made billioniare.

In Achebe's book the trouble with Nigeria he ridicled a certain minister of the 2nd republic from the northern part of Nigeria and Obasonjo for lacking in Intellectual Rigor and errornously beleiving that Nigeria as State can buy or acquire Science and Technology ones she has enough money flowing from sale of Oil.

Achebe reminded them that the knowledge of Science and Technology is not the sort of chattel that could be acquired with cash.
It must come thro. discipline, patience,dedication and hardworking, emphasis mine.

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Butoneday2(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2012
It depends?
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by dekra: 12:00pm On May 22, 2012
Information will always be more important. The excellence of an information attracts money
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by stildude(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2012
A fool and his money are soon parted. With some of the responses I have gotten so far, I don't need to wonder the sort of people I argue with on Nland. Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by dotcomgeneral(m): 1:50pm On May 22, 2012
If u don't have information, u can't get the money.... So I will pick info it will me a whole lot of good to make that money.....am I making any sense here?
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by doublecross(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2012
the two work together......but believe me...you are useless without money....in other to be succesful in life, you use the information u have to make money and aslo need money to take off on whatever information you have. In a nut shell, one cannot go without the other.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by babyboy3(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2012
shadrach77: this is my take on it

information without money is useless
money without information is useless

information can source out money
money can source out information

so they both complement each other

but i think money is more valueable because you can have all the information is the world, you can't purchase anything with it if it's not turned into cash

If you have information money would chase you down..

The first version of Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill this book came out in 1937, if you read all the principles of the book you have a 75% chance of becoming a millionaire, they paid Napoleon Hill millions and millions to withdraw the from the market before he released another edition.

For those of you who heard it, this is the article Dee
Lee was reading on a
New York radio station. For those of you who didn't hear it, this is very deep. This is a heavy piece and a Caucasian wrote it.

"THEY ARE STILL OUR SLAVES"

We can continue to reap profits from the Blacks without the effort of physical slavery. Look at the current methods of containment that they use on themselves: IGNORANCE, GREED, and SELFISHNESS.

Their IGNORANCE is the primary weapon of containment. A great man once said, "The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it in a book.

We now live in the Information Age. They have gained the opportunity to read any book on any subject through the efforts of their fight for freedom, yet they refuse to read.

GREED is another powerful weapon of containment. Blacks, since the abolition of slavery, have had large amounts of money at their disposal. Last year they spent 10 billion dollars during Christmas, out of their 450 billion dollars in total yearly income (2.22%).

Any of us can use them as our target market, for any
business venture we care to dream up, no matter how outlandish, they will buy into it. Being primarily a consumer people, they function totally by greed. They
continually want more, with little thought for saving
or investing.

They would rather buy some new sneakers than invest
in starting a business. Some even neglect their children to have the latest Tommy or FUBU, and they still think that having a Mercedes, and a big house gives them "Status" or
that they have achieved their Dream. They are fools! The vast majority of their people are still in poverty because their greed holds them back from collectively making better communities.
With the help of BET, and the rest of their black media that often broadcasts destructive images into their own homes, we will continue to see huge profits like those of Tommy and Nike. (Tommy Hilfiger has even jeered them, saying he doesn't want their money, and look at how the fools spend more with him than ever before!). They'll continue to show off to each other while we build solid communities with the profits from our businesses that we market to them.

SELFISHNESS, ingrained in their minds through slavery, is one of the major ways we can continue to contain them. One of their own, Dubois said that there was an innate division in their culture. "Talented Tenth" he called it. He was correct in his deduction that there are segments of their culture that has achieved some "form" of success. However,
that segment missed the fullness of his work. They didn't read that the "Talented Tenth" was then responsible to aid The Non-Talented Ninety Percent in achieving a better life.

Instead, that segment has created another class, Buppie class that looks down on their people or aids them in a condescending manner. They will never achieve what we have. Their selfishness does not allow them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of substance.

When they do get together, their selfishness lets their egos get in the way of their goal. Their so-called help organizations seem to only want to promote their name without making any real change in their community.

They are content to sit in conferences and conventions in our hotels, and talk about what they will do, while they award plaques to the best speakers, not to the best doers. Is there no end to their selfishness? They steadfastly refuse to see that TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE (TEAM)

They do not understand that they are no better than each other because of what they own , as a matter of fact, most of those Buppies are but one or two pay checks away from poverty. All of which is under the control of our pens in our offices and our rooms.

Yes, we will continue to contain them as long as they refuse to read, continue to buy anything they want, and keep thinking they are "helping" their communities by paying dues to organizations which do little other than hold lavish conventions in our hotels. By the way, don't worry about any of them reading this letter, remember, 'THEY DON'T READ!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by stildude(m): 3:33pm On May 22, 2012
baby-boy:

If you have information money would chase you down..

The first version of Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill this book came out in 1937, if you read all the principles of the book you have a 75% chance of becoming a millionaire, they paid Napoleon Hill millions and millions to withdraw the from the market before he released another edition.

For those of you who heard it, this is the article Dee
Lee was reading on a
New York radio station. For those of you who didn't hear it, this is very deep. This is a heavy piece and a Caucasian wrote it.

"THEY ARE STILL OUR SLAVES"

We can continue to reap profits from the Blacks without the effort of physical slavery. Look at the current methods of containment that they use on themselves: IGNORANCE, GREED, and SELFISHNESS.

Their IGNORANCE is the primary weapon of containment. A great man once said, "The best way to hide something from Black people is to put it in a book.

We now live in the Information Age. They have gained the opportunity to read any book on any subject through the efforts of their fight for freedom, yet they refuse to read.

GREED is another powerful weapon of containment. Blacks, since the abolition of slavery, have had large amounts of money at their disposal. Last year they spent 10 billion dollars during Christmas, out of their 450 billion dollars in total yearly income (2.22%).

Any of us can use them as our target market, for any
business venture we care to dream up, no matter how outlandish, they will buy into it. Being primarily a consumer people, they function totally by greed. They
continually want more, with little thought for saving
or investing.

They would rather buy some new sneakers than invest
in starting a business. Some even neglect their children to have the latest Tommy or FUBU, and they still think that having a Mercedes, and a big house gives them "Status" or
that they have achieved their Dream. They are fools! The vast majority of their people are still in poverty because their greed holds them back from collectively making better communities.
With the help of BET, and the rest of their black media that often broadcasts destructive images into their own homes, we will continue to see huge profits like those of Tommy and Nike. (Tommy Hilfiger has even jeered them, saying he doesn't want their money, and look at how the fools spend more with him than ever before!). They'll continue to show off to each other while we build solid communities with the profits from our businesses that we market to them.

SELFISHNESS, ingrained in their minds through slavery, is one of the major ways we can continue to contain them. One of their own, Dubois said that there was an innate division in their culture. "Talented Tenth" he called it. He was correct in his deduction that there are segments of their culture that has achieved some "form" of success. However,
that segment missed the fullness of his work. They didn't read that the "Talented Tenth" was then responsible to aid The Non-Talented Ninety Percent in achieving a better life.

Instead, that segment has created another class, Buppie class that looks down on their people or aids them in a condescending manner. They will never achieve what we have. Their selfishness does not allow them to be able to work together on any project or endeavor of substance.

When they do get together, their selfishness lets their egos get in the way of their goal. Their so-called help organizations seem to only want to promote their name without making any real change in their community.

They are content to sit in conferences and conventions in our hotels, and talk about what they will do, while they award plaques to the best speakers, not to the best doers. Is there no end to their selfishness? They steadfastly refuse to see that TOGETHER EACH ACHIEVES MORE (TEAM)

They do not understand that they are no better than each other because of what they own , as a matter of fact, most of those Buppies are but one or two pay checks away from poverty. All of which is under the control of our pens in our offices and our rooms.

Yes, we will continue to contain them as long as they refuse to read, continue to buy anything they want, and keep thinking they are "helping" their communities by paying dues to organizations which do little other than hold lavish conventions in our hotels. By the way, don't worry about any of them reading this letter, remember, 'THEY DON'T READ!!!!

Bishop oyedepo commented on that remark and said that he felt bad but that it was true in the seminar 'breaking new ground' and topic 'the power of information'. unfortunately, many black folks still retain that mentality. thanks for sharing.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Zucker(m): 4:23pm On May 22, 2012
The topic of this thread is summed up in the old adage: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Now, if you were offered a million dollars today, and information about how to make millions of dollars in a week/month/year/etc. Choose one. Which would you choose? You may be tempted to take the money and run. "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush." Right?" Well, after consuming the bird, you'll be back in the bush looking for the other two, but with the information they gained from their compatriot's misfortune, they made sure not to repeat its mistake.

If you choose the information, however, you are going to learn how to make millions with it and you will only be limited by your industriousness or greed. :-)

Keeping everything relative, that is; because information could change, money could be stolen, be taxed, inflation, etc. Besides, without the proper info on how to spend that money, it could all be gone is a blink. Again once 419ers get information on your account or whereabouts of the money.... GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by AkinFire: 4:44pm On May 22, 2012
Information is by far the most important commodity anybody can produce. It is even so important that it can be truly priceless. That is,it may be of such high importance that money cannot purchase it. For instance, Abacha wouldn't have eaten the apples if he had the information on what would happen . Likewise, Abiola would have shunned taking tea if he knew the implication. Both had tons of money but it did not avail them at the critical time. In a choice between money and information, information will always win.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by krissy05: 7:01pm On May 22, 2012
Money and information are very important things, that are always together. thus, the ACQUISITION OF ONE FACILITATES THE SUSTENANCE OF THE OTHER. A person with money needs a lot of "information" to sustain or maintain his money. In the the same way, one with information needs some money to execute or put into - use, the information acquired. Nevertheless,
Information is more important because people from the era when money was not invented , other things where used as a form of exchange or transaction. But the same people survived, using information either for wars, development, procreation etc. for advancement, then they later thought of money.
- Cheers!
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by babyboy3(m): 8:33pm On May 22, 2012
I could remember the story in the book of Genesis when Laban wanted to pay Jacob for serving him, Jacob requested to give him part of his flock, but Jacob had some hidden information on how they breed quicker. in the end Laban thought Jacob stole from him because Jacobs flock doubled in no time.
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by dapo338(m): 9:27am On May 23, 2012
Gud Information leads to money but could still be under propabilities because something against it can happen while he who has Money has already be informed... so meaning there is no way you have money except been informed of one thing or the other...

Money is 2/2 while Information is 1/2

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by DePriest2(m): 2:38am On May 24, 2012
INFORMATION is one of the raw materials for processing MONEY, While MONEY is utilized INFORMATION. So money is more valuable.

1 Like

Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by firestar(f): 11:26am On May 24, 2012
Scenerios:
An entire coast suddenly drains into the ocean.....
Leaving stranded sea creatures that stretches for miles.....

A jealously guarded secret to extend/improve life expectancy is located in an unlikely place.
Do you what 'Shock treatment' is?
Alternative to Blood Transfusions.
Have I made a point freecocoa?
Re: Information Or Money: Which is more valuable? by Frankfamous: 11:58am On May 24, 2012
Both money and information is what we all need to achieve a desired end. But action is the key word tha differentiate both .
Information + action = money
I guess we all did mathematics lol
But if you have Christ Jesus you have alll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Two Sure Ways To Earn Income Online Without Spending Much Money / Good Profit In Haulage Business / Any Easy And Cheap Way To Ship From Amazon To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.