Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,865 members, 7,876,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10801663 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10408) (10409) (10410) (10411) (10412) (10413) (10414) ... (19505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Popizaino you are a barca fan abi?

Yes .....the barca fan defend hazard,drogba,mikel and fabregas while Chelsea fans slander this players.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
pkasso:
The things you read on these pages. . Lampard slander from a Chelsea fan?! Make Angel Gabriel kuku blow trumpet.

Popi, abeg just dead this matter. E no make sense.
if only we lived during the days people were stoned for blaspheme. Such sad times we live in

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
popizaino:

Yes .....the barca fan defend hazard,drogba,mikel and fabregas while Chelsea fans slander this players.
if people want to be foolish doesn't mean you should join them.

How does disrespecting a world class of "your club" prove a point?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
popizaino:

Pls tell me what is mikel supposed to play for again after winning it all at Chelsea and reaching his twilight years in football ?

Factor in African football age.....

Fabregas leaving for monaco club doesn't prove shit. ......maybe Raul leaving for schalke meant he wasn't Madrid standard after all.

So you didn't factor in his African age when campaigning for Chelsea to keep him? Even useless teams like Burnley won't look at him, but you want him to keep stealing a living at Chelsea and blocking space for better midfielders.

Raul went to Schalke at 33 and was still scoring goals. Fabregas went to Monaco at 31 when he should be in his prime and was immediately useless, having already been useless since 29. Lampard was nearly 34 when he won UCL and nearly 32 in 2010 when he returned a 27 goal and 20 assist season. Never you compare a success to a failure.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
macjireh:
lemme save D's here
Crystal palace and wolves will win today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
Greatihex:
The thing is that when Ibime wants to criticise the weakness of a player that is not his favourite type of player, he crosses normal criticism and makes it look like the player is a complete dross like the bakayokos of this world. And the more you keep opposing him on that, he keeps bringing everything, even making some bogus claims just to prove that he is right with what he is saying. And when someone who does not know the player in question reads all of the slander, the person will imagine the player to be like the bakayokos of this world.

But if you want to know if there is anything good that can come out of that player, wait when he wants to criticise another player.

For example, if you want to know how good Fabregas is from Ibime, wait for when he starts his hazard campaign, that is when you will know how Fabregas dragged hazard's lazy, unproductive shakushaku ass to two Premier league successes.
Just wait for it one day. grin grin
I always find it hard to oppose ibime but his slander of fabregas is very wrong.
He always target his weakness which is valid but he should also laud his strength which he always doesn't do.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Crystal palace and wolves will win today
A wolves win/draw will be good for Chelsea,,but my prediction is based on average form of d teams so far
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
OVA200:
I always find it hard to oppose ibime but his slander of fabregas is very wrong.
He always target his weakness which is valid but he should also laud his strength which he always doesn't do that.

I don't need to slander Fabregas when his managers already slander him to the bench. Midfield work is not one way. You cannot have irredeemable weaknesses that cost your team points regularly otherwise no need discussing your strengths. A weakness to me in midfield is where you score 5/10 in something. Where you score 1/10, the team is only as good as that weakness because opposing teams will target that 1/10 weakness which is why players like Fabregas always find themselves on the bench cos that weakness is unacceptable to the manager unless he wants to be losing games. It's the same reason Monaco is benching him now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sebod(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ibime:

[/color]England did not have a top 9 (Crouch, Darren Bent, Defoe) and did not have wingers (Joe Cole, Kieron Dyer) and lacked a good DM apart from the tournament in 2006 when Hargreaves was fit.

All England had was good defence, good AMs and Wayne Rooney.

No team can be successful without good balance.
England had good defence, good AMs and Wayne Rooney and could not succeed while having the great Lampard because of no good balance. But Pep team succeeded because of Xavi and Messi. How could two players provide the needed good balance for Pep while many players together with the exceptional Lampard could not provide same for their country?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
sebod:

England had good defence, good AMs and Wayne Rooney and could not succeed while having the great Lampard because of no good balance. But Pep team succeeded because of Xavi and Messi. How could two players provide the needed good balance for Pep while many players together with the exceptional Lampard could not provide same for their country?

So you don't see Eto, Henry, Villa, Messi, Alves etc on the pitch?

While we may slander Barca players like Busquets, Iniesta and co, it is mostly trolling in comparison to other great players. Never compare them to Peter Crouch, Darren Bent, Emile Heskey, Darius Vassell, Danny Mills, Kieron Dyer type players. Not even Pep could win with these lot even if he has good defence, good AMs and Wayne Rooney.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ibime:

So you didn't factor in his African age when campaigning for Chelsea to keep him? Even useless teams like Burnley won't look at him, but you want him to keep stealing a living at Chelsea and blocking space for better midfielders.

Raul went to Schalke at 33 and was still scoring goals. Fabregas went to Monaco at 31 when he should be in his prime and was immediately useless, having already been useless since 29. Lampard was nearly 34 when he won UCL and nearly 32 in 2010 when he returned a 27 goal and 20 assist season. Never you compare a success to a failure.
I think that is where the problem is, you should know player’s prime differs and Fabregas’s own was earlier than that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
Neobulletzz:

I think that is where the problem is, you should know player’s prime differs and Fabregas’s own was earlier than that

His prime must then be at Arsenal which doesn't concern me as a Chelsea fan.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
Well, as someone who got into it a lot with Ibime those days, I dont believe he has been proven right on the midfield matters at all.

Particularly in the case of Matic vs Fabregas which was our argument back then.

I particularly dont like revisionism.

In that same 2017/2018,
Chelsea had created the third largest number of chances in the league (Chart 2)
Fabregas had individually created the 3rd highest number of chances in the league (Chart 3)

Yet that bastard Morata scored only 11 goals, despite enjoying the joint second highest number of Big Chance Totals in the league (Chart 4)

Morata enjoyed more chances than Jesus, Lacazette, Lukaku, Jamie Vardy and they all outscored him. Even an otu like Firmino with less chances outscored Morata. Even 40 year old Glen fcking Murray outscored Morata.

So please if you want to blame our 5th place finish that season on anybody, it can definitely not be Fabregas. The real culprit was the spansh fvckboy from Madrid.

Now did Chelsea really suffer defensively from Fabs inclusion in the team? Chelsea actually conceded fewer shots in the box than Tottenham and Manyoo who both finished higher in the league than Chelsea. We also conceded fewer chances in total than Manyoo in particular. (Chart 1)

Did Matic go on to help his team defensively when 2017/18 was another year that DDG was yet again the best player winning Busby POTY, and Club POTY?

There's no way anybody objectively can look at Fab in that 2017/2018 season and blame him for our troubles, especially with this guy doing this on the pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPLrgXNFuJA&feature=emb_title

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Watching how Morata dey spoil Fab balls those days in 4K.

Mehn WTF

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
nihilistjnr:
Well, as someone who got into it a lot with Ibime those days, I dont believe he has been proven right on the midfield matters at all.

In that same 2017/2018,
Fabregas had individually created the 3rd highest number of chances in the league (Chart 3)
Yet that bastard Morata scored only 11 goals, despite enjoying the joint second highest number of Big Chance Totals in the league (Chart 4)
Morata enjoyed more chances than Jesus, Lacazette, Lukaku, Jamie Vardy and they all outscored him. Even an otu like Firmino with less chances outscored Morata. Even 40 year old Glen fcking Murray outscored Morata.

So please if you want to blame our 5th place finish that season on anybody, it can definitely not be Fabregas. The real culprit was the spansh fvckboy from Madrid.

Now did Chelsea really suffer defensively from Fabs inclusion in the team? Chelsea actually conceded fewer shots in the box than Tottenham and Manyoo who both finished higher in the league than Chelsea. We also conceded fewer chances in total than Manyoo in particular. (Chart 1)

Did Matic go on to help his team defensively when 2017/18 was another year that DDG was yet again the best player winning Busby POTY, and Club POTY?

There's no way anybody objectively can look at Fab in that 2017/2018 season and blame him for our troubles, especially with this guy doing this on the pitch

I beg to disagree, sir.
Yes, we had big problem in the stricking role that season, but the most of our problem that season was from the midfield. It was very evident for anyone to see. Kante no longer had the support he used to get from Matic for defensive duties.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
swiz123:
The thing airmark sometimes fail to understand is that, Liverpool's excellent defensive record isn't just because of their defenders. Liverpool's press is often too difficult to by pass, thereby making it difficult for opponents to create reasonable chances to trouble the defence. That explains why Fabinho seamlessly slot into VVD's role, and bench warmer Matip looking like Vidic.

With that said, VVD is a great defender that benefits immensely from the Jurgen Klopp system. Don't give him too much credit than he deserves.
Finally. Someone who gets it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
Chelsea vs Burnley 2017. Morata went to tap in a christensen goal from an offside position. We lost 3-2

Liverpool vs Chelsea 2017. Morata missed one empty post, and missed a 1-on-1. We draw 1-1

West Ham vs Chelsea 2017 . Morata misses a 1-on-1. We lose 1-0

Arsenal Chelsea 2018 - Morata was an absolute bastard in this game missing 3! clear 1-1s with the keeper and generally falling upandan. We draw 2-2

Chelsea Huddersfield 2018. These mofos got relegated and were losing to everybody. Morata dribbled the keeper and missed an open net. We drew 1-1

Count how many points lost there just from this mofo. If Morata scores in each of those games, we gain 11 points to finish with 81 points, same as Manyoo that season.

I will not buy any revisionism from Ibime claiming that Fabregas could not help Morata that season.

Not for me chief.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Greatihex:
I beg to disagree, sir.
Yes, we had big problem in the stricking role that season, but the most of our problem that season was from the midfield. It was very evident for anyone to see. Kante no longer had the support he used to get from Matic for defensive duties.

But some how Manyoo came second with their KEEPER winning player of the year.

Stop it.

I will always come with stats, facts and numbers, not opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
nihilistjnr:
Chelsea vs Burnley 2017. Morata went to tap in a christensen goal from an offside position. We lost 3-2

Liverpool vs Chelsea 2017. Morata missed one empty post, and missed a 1-on-1. We draw 1-1

Arsenal Chelsea 2018 - Morata was an absolute bastard in this game missing 3! clear 1-1s with the keeper and generally falling upandan. We draw 2-2

Chelsea Huddersfield 2018. These mofos got relegated and were losing to everybody. Morata dribbled the keeper and missed an open net. We drew 1-1

Count how many points lost there just from this mofo. If Morata scores in each of those games, we gain 11 points to finish with 81 points, same as Manyoo that season.

I will not buy any revisionism from Ibime claiming that Fabregas could not help Morata that season.

Not for me chief.

The bolded in particular still lingers fresh in my memory. Missed THREE 1 on 1s, and missed at least 4 clear chances in total.

I nearly cry that day. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Anyways, Pulisic won't play tomorrow, but he could feature against Tottenham.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
2017/2018 season we lost this game 2-1 to Palace, thanks to mumus like Pedro trapping 1-on-1 AWAY from goal.

Fabregas assist denied.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
BlueMann:
Anyways, Pulisic won't play tomorrow, but he could feature against Tottenham.

Who else isn't traveling for the UCL match?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neobulletzz(m): 3:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
nihilistjnr:

In that same 2017/2018,

Baba mi which site abi app you pull this info from jare?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Not for me chief.

Where was all this analysis when plastic said lampard was at fault for torres failing at chelsea.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Baba mi which site abi app you pull this info from jare?

Omo na fantasy football scout, but I be paid member
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
timbros:

Shalaye.

How many matches have Liverpool lost in the absence of VVD?

dis one nor just know anything..abi last season when Liverpool failed to keep Clean Sheets at the start of the season with fabinho screening the defence but as soon as he got injured they went on a run of 9-10 games without conceding in the league with Henderson in the DM position..abi fabinho who raumdeuter is now praising is now a carry-along player..d fact is good teams always find a solutions to their problems in the early part of seasons and liverpool are no exception
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2020
Fabregas even improved the defensive aspect of his game.

Kante wasn't fully Kante, and there was Bakayoko forced into starting XI

A bad back line, and Morata, with a weak RW. 2018 was Chelsea with one leg

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
swiz123:
The thing airmark sometimes fail to understand is that, Liverpool's excellent defensive record isn't just because of their defenders. Liverpool's press is often too difficult to by pass, thereby making it difficult for opponents to create reasonable chances to trouble the defence. That explains why Fabinho seamlessly slot into VVD's role, and bench warmer Matip looking like Vidic.

With that said, VVD is a great defender that benefits immensely from the Jurgen Klopp system. Don't give him too much credit than he deserves.

L O L grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Greatihex:
I beg to disagree, sir.
This is also true but Morata has to be the no 1 reason we finished fifth followed closely by what you posted.

Also the lack of an excellent 4 that season. Mehn I can't forget the horrors bakayoko served us.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
Greatihex:
I beg to disagree, sir.

Our problem that year was the striking position.
Morata did us bad that year.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Not for me chief.

You missed the point completely.

Barca fan popizaino tried to blame Lampard for Torres flopping so I asked him why he didn't blame Fabregas for Morata flopping.

The point is a dud striker is a dud striker, even John Stockton can't assist them.

Let's not forget that Costa literally went on strike in January 2017 trying to push through a move to China and was useless till season end, yet the midfield stability of the Matic-Kante combo gave the team the platform to perform even with a non-existent striker for the second half of the season, something Fabregas couldn't do the next season. The difference in midfield stability between Matic-Kante and Fabregas-Kante was like night and day.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Matic Vs Fabregas is finished.

Matic went on to improve Manure while Fabregas went on to downgrade Chelsea and now sitting on the bench behind some Guinea-Bissau or Central African Republic midfielder in Monaco having led them into relegation dogfight last season.

Ligue 1 table before Fabregas vs after Fabregas - from 2nd place to 17th place. No wonder they have given him seatbelt on the bench. The excuses after he downgrade teams is becoming too much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10408) (10409) (10410) (10411) (10412) (10413) (10414) ... (19505) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, afrodoc2, Iyasele24(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.