Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (16681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10795279 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16678) (16679) (16680) (16681) (16682) (16683) (16684) ... (19504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
Graham potter going for badershile,saving us £100m ,we will use and trigger leao clause,so far he has shown that he is a smart and cost effective manager,but chelsea fans are focusing on the negative aspect
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
airmark:

Those were important stats in a knockout stage against Madrid. Bring your Sterling's 2020/2021 UCL's stats, let's compare with Pulisic's. Let's compare LWFs, don't bring one CF playing with great supplies from top midfielders and attackers.

Pulisic, despite struggling, still created the most chances this season for us in the league. But Sterling must stay with 300k per week and nothing tangible to show. Just shake bombom and pass back to Thiago Silva or Cucurella. angry
pulisic with the most chances yet on same assist with sterling.

This season alone we know who has the most goals and assists amongst the two
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Goalllll

Argentina 1 France 0

Messi scores from the spot

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Donjazet2: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Havertz10:
Sowere did it 4 years ago, Peter obi is about to do it again, you are going to destroy the hopes of so many that would buy into this farce

So many people will stop being politically motivated after Peter obi inevitable L

We all want the country to change but you people aren’t being real, just wasting resources and time

I know you're in southy and that helps in explaining your political apathy. But still, it has to be asked; WHAT WOULD YOU REALLY SEE NIGERIANS DO?

What do you think we can do to see the country change if not via politics??

Politics is the only avenue we can use to enact change, nothing else. The country is bad because the average literate person is apathetic to getting involved in the democratic process.
And the beauty of the Obi candidacy is the fact that it is a non-establishment movement.
A move not financed or backed by the traditional money bags but by the people. We can't afford not to rush and utilise this opportunity.

If you are criticizing the movement, then provide a practical solution or what you think Nigerians should do.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Goalllll

Argentina 1 France 0

Messi scores from the spot

Goal di maria makes it 2 nill

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
WhoDeyHause:

Andrew rest. The way you are overdoing this celebration it's like you have somehow seen you people will go trophyless again and be disgraced in ulokpa. Even though messi is your legend he will soon sign a new deal with psg meaning he doesn't rate your iron condemn club again. Will you keep on posting picture till season end? Even messi himself has calmed down and is already looking forward to playing for psg.
Not iron condemn grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
lordfalcao:
pulisic with the most chances yet on same assist with sterling.

This season alone we know who has the most goals and assists amongst the two

You be olodo. grin

How many minutes did both play? When you do the needful with minutes played then you will reason with those asking for Sterling to be benched.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Afobear: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
A40:
Not iron condemn grin grin

Alakirija 40

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nilon: 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
Graham potter going for badershile,saving us £100m ,we will use and trigger leao clause,so far he has shown that he is a smart and cost effective manager,but chelsea fans are focusing on the negative aspect
tell him to change his brand of football. It's too boring
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nilon:
tell him to change his brand of football. It's too boring
how can he change his brand of football when he barely had time to do it , abi when then teach maths for secondary School you learn another one day ,go one side jor
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
Jose my man cheesy

José Mourinho remembering an incident with Brazilian right-back Maicon, when he was at inter Milan.

“I remember a game in Siena with Maicon. They said he always got a fifth yellow to be suspended at Christmas, so he could go on vacation to Brazil. I went to him and said that if he got a yellow, he wouldn't be going on vacation; I'm not an idiot.

He asked if he scored, could he go? I said 'No, only if you score two.' In the game, he scored two goals, received a yellow card for taking his shirt off, and went on vacation. I also gave him an extra week off."

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
Haaland - 18goals.
Chelsea fc - 17goals.

But the defence is Chelsea's problem and Thiago Silva is the porus one at the back making Chelsea not to score upfront.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nilon: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
how can he change his brand of football when he barely had time to do it , abi when then teach maths for secondary School you learn another one day ,go one side jor
i dey yan one tin you dey yan opata. wetin consign mathematics with wetin i tok now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nilon:
i dey yan one tin you dey yan opata. wetin consign mathematics with wetin i tok now
keep being dumd then cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
Andrey Santos celebrating Christmas in Chelsea colours

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Excallibur(m): 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
Is Romario underrated
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
Havertz10:
Looking for alternatives is more dangerous to western nations than a nuclear attack, but no need to spoil the mood of the day with some hard truths

So enjoy your chicken that has been overly processed to the point that it taste like cardboard

In God we Trust literally means we trust your sense of justice and fairness, your legal process, your rule of law and your democracy, so we are comfortable holding our wealth in your hands. We trust that our money won't be taken from us on the whims of a dictator like what happened to Jack Ma, numerous Russian Oligarchs, Saudi Princes and MKO Abiola

You are yet to see that people hold dollar because there is no autocrat that will turn them from a billionaire to a pauper at the click of a finger like what happens in the countries you idolise

If sanctions should be lifted on Russia today, Russian Oligarchs will still still rush to store their wealth in dollars because Putin cannot pauperise them easily in dollar like he has done to dozens of Oligarchs before.

Any wahala anywhere in the world, we run to dollar. Every billionaire or multi-millionaire holds vast majority of their wealth in dollar. That's why despite dollar being printed egregiously, they are still rushing it.

Besides, China is interested in a strong dollar so their exports stay competitive, so nobody is buying that lamba

In God We Trust

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
setting yaself up just like you did with Nunez ,not doubting his quality,but big names these days hardly works

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Afobear: 12:02am On Dec 26, 2022
Boxing day ... Knockout every Pendulumite

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Afobear: 12:03am On Dec 26, 2022
grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 12:32am On Dec 26, 2022
Ibime:

In God we Trust literally means we trust your sense of justice and fairness, your legal process, your rule of law and your democracy, so we are comfortable holding our wealth in your hands. We trust that our money won't be taken from us on the whims of a dictator like what happened to Jack Ma, numerous Russian Oligarchs, Saudi Princes and MKO Abiola

You are yet to see that people hold dollar because there is no autocrat that will turn them from a billionaire to a pauper at the click of a finger like what happens in the countries you idolise

If sanctions should be lifted on Russia today, Russian Oligarchs will still still rush to store their wealth in dollars because Putin cannot pauperise them easily in dollar like he has done to dozens of Oligarchs before.

Any wahala anywhere in the world, we run to dollar. Every billionaire or multi-millionaire holds vast majority of their wealth in dollar. That's why despite dollar being printed egregiously, they are still rushing it.

Besides, China is interested in a strong dollar so their exports stay competitive, so nobody is buying that lamba

In God We Trust

I dont know what yall argument is about...but In his western misyarnings, best way to just ignore havertz10 is simply asking him which country he would chose to visit and spend his life when he is presented with USA and Russia. We all know USA is where he will rush to. Ditto all these terrorist that despises US much.

All these people against US and brittain are mostly radical Muslims. Mostly terrorist apologists. In havertz case, he simply hates the dominance of English speaking countries. He is online writing in English and not his native language. He is busy enjoying western gadgets. Glaring Hypocrisy at its peak.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 12:32am On Dec 26, 2022
fofana wants Chelsea

Santos wants chelsea

Benoit probably wants us too.

where I'm I going with this ,go for players who are ready to come , they're the ones who will give their all on pitch, gvardiol, Bellingham aren't interested,we shouldn't force ourselves
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:32am On Dec 26, 2022
tommorow potterball will be back cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by reccy(m): 5:52am On Dec 26, 2022
Emaprince:
I dont know what yall argument is about...but In his western misyarnings, best way to just ignore havertz10 is simply asking him which country he would chose to visit and spend his life when he is presented with USA and Russia. We all know USA is where he will rush to. Ditto all these terrorist that despises US much.

All these people against US and brittain are mostly radical Muslims. Mostly terrorist apologists. In havertz case, he simply hates the dominance of English speaking countries. He is online writing in English and not his native language. He is busy enjoying western gadgets. Glaring Hypocrisy at its peak.

Bro, why you dy talk like this now, if you can't give an in depth analysis of the issue at discourse here, you should do well by just be following them instead of giving it religious colouration!

These two are good when they discuss things and I love their contents and their choice of words .

@ ibime and havertz10, ahbeg make una continue, ah dy jot.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 6:05am On Dec 26, 2022
MorataFC:
Jose my man cheesy

José Mourinho remembering an incident with Brazilian right-back Maicon, when he was at inter Milan.

“I remember a game in Siena with Maicon. They said he always got a fifth yellow to be suspended at Christmas, so he could go on vacation to Brazil. I went to him and said that if he got a yellow, he wouldn't be going on vacation; I'm not an idiot.

He asked if he scored, could he go? I said 'No, only if you score two.' In the game, he scored two goals, received a yellow card for taking his shirt off, and went on vacation. I also gave him an extra week off."

cheesy

Jose Mourinho is a great story teller . I hope he spends more time to write more books after his retirement from coaching .

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:10am On Dec 26, 2022
Fabio Capello: "Ball possession is the death of football; absolutely boring. Those carrying the ball have no responsibility with ball possession, while it takes courage to play vertically."

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 6:12am On Dec 26, 2022
Fabio Capello: "I've heard about many systems, but everyone used the same one: a 9-1 that made teams defend as a unit and attack with many players. It's useless to invent something else."

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlaqFaze: 6:21am On Dec 26, 2022
Emaprince:
I dont know what yall argument is about ...but In his western misyarnings, best way to just ignore havertz10 is simply asking him which country he would chose to visit and spend his life when he is presented with USA and Russia. We all know USA is where he will rush to. Ditto all these terrorist that despises US much.

you for just shut up...no offence

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlaqFaze: 6:28am On Dec 26, 2022
Amoto94:
Fabio Capello: "Ball possession is the death of football; absolutely boring. Those carrying the ball have no responsibility with ball possession, while it takes courage to play vertically."
Ball possession is not boring and it's definitely not the death of football.

You could say those things out of frustration when it's used against you but it's total domination football, starving your opponent of the ball, defending a high line, aggressive defending when you lose the ball, many players in midfield.

It's only weakness is counter attacks
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eddie7: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2022
*Austin Jay Jay Okocha's lesson!*.
*When he received one of his awards recently, Okocha dedicated it to a certain ... Victor Agbo
Then said: "Yes I am a great footballer and all my success is due to my friend Victor good heart" People looked at one another and said, "Who is this Mr. Agbo?"*

*Then Okocha went on: "We played together in a youth team. When Enugu Rangers recruiters came to observe us, they told us that the striker who scored the most goals will be recruited into the sports academy.*

*That day we won 3-0. I scored the first goal and then Victor scored the 2nd with the head. And then the 3rd goal was the one that impressed everyone. Victor started from the wing, then found himself face to face with the keeper, dribbled the goalkeeper and all he had to do was to push the ball into the empty goal post . In the meantime I was running to his side and instead of shooting into the empty goal post, Victor decided to pass the ball to me and I scored. This is how I found myself at the Enugu Rangers youth team. After the game I went to him, and asked him "why did you do that?" And he replied, "Because I know that you are better than I am and You will go far in life in this game, you needed that push* "

*Curious to know more, the journalists began to investigate and were able to meet this Victor Agbo to ask him if the story told by Okocha is true, and he confirmed it, adding that his career as a footballer ended after that match as it was the only opportunity to become professional but i was sure Okocha would go far and do better. So I remained unemployed fulfilled and happy.*

*However, journalists, observing his luxurious house and his fleet of cars parked in the garage asked Victor "but being unemployed how could you have such a house and cars and living so luxuriously? You seem rather comfortable physically " Victor's answer: "All that? .. is Okocha ".*

*Moral of this story:
Let us ask ourselves the following question: How many of us have ever done something like Okocha and Victor? On the contrary, many of us show the opposite of this story displaying selfishness and ingratitude.*

*Friends! Let's help one another to succeed, don't think blocking that intelligent, talented and good fellow can add to your ordained destiny. You can not go nor have beyond what God has destined for you. Helping another person to succeed can only make your life better and above all guarantee a blissful hereafter for you.*

*Victor might not have made it big like Okocha, and Okocha might still have made it in another way but Victor wouldn't have had access to such Luxury. You see life! Open your heart and broaden your thinking. Be an abundant mentality personality. God will always be there at your own point of need too.*

*And when we help a person to succeed, the latter must never forget those who contributed to his success. Whether they forget or not, God doesn't abandon His own.
*Above all, we should never forget that God is watching and He will judge us.*
*Life is all about Your CONTRIBUTION and never about your POSSESSION!*

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eddie7: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2022
FIFA rankings explained:

Cameroon gained 28.86 points to move up 10 places, Argentina gained 64.5 to move to 2nd while Brazil lost only 0.53 points to stay 1st.

Summarily, teams gain and lose points in the rankings based on clearcut parameters. The calibre of opponent faced is a key criterion. This explains why Cameroon's lone win against Brazil enabled the Indomitable Lions move from 43rd to 33rd. If Cameroon's lone win had come against a lowly ranked side, Cameroon would not have gained as many points.

WHY ARGENTINA COULD NOT AMASS ENOUGH

FIFA rules also indicate that a win inside regular time counts more than a win in extra time or penalties. Note that Argentina won two of their games on penalties.

Also, FIFA stipulates that just like a win against a highly ranked side yields many points, a loss against a lowly ranked side leads to massive point loss. Note again that Argentina lost against Saudi Arabia, losing 39 points in the process. Other results helped Argentina recover and eventually gain 64.5 points.

Brazil meanwhile had a comfortable margin on the top of the rankings coming into the World Cup. They dropped points against Cameroon but penalty shootout loss did not do them much harm and other results meant they limited their damage to an overall loss of 0.53 points.

At the end, Argentina did not gain enough to go top. If Argentina had won their two shootout games in regular time, the Albiceleste would have had enough to be 1st. They are currently 2.9 points behind Brazil.

NIGERIA STILL ABOVE GHANA

According to FIFA rules, test or friendly matches yield less than tournament matches. Nigeria lost 4.15 points due to defeats in friendlies, while Ghana gained 7 points notably thanks to their World Cup win over South Korea. The points gained only took them to 58th position with 1400.02 points. They are still below 35th placed Nigeria that has 1494.32 points.

MOROCCO

From the above, you can also understand why Morocco gained a whopping 108.85 points. They beat two highly ranked sides (Belgium and Portugal) in regular time while drawing with two other high profile teams Croatia and Spain in regular time, and even beating the Spanish side on penalties.

The current ranking considered the period from October 6th 2022 to December 22nd 2022.

# COPIED
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2022
So I watched a video that claimed Moises Caicedo is one of the lowest paid athletes in The EPL. I no believe am, I had to Google and discovered that guy for all his good work on the pitch gets paid 3,500 pounds weekly playing for.Brighton! shocked

Initially I thought Brighton will be able to keep either of McAllister or Caicedo seeing how well they showed themselves at the world cup, but as it stands I doubt they will. Just a contract of 20,000 pounds will lure Caicedo away to any mid table team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16678) (16679) (16680) (16681) (16682) (16683) (16684) ... (19504) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m), UncleHaba22 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.