Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,633 members, 7,926,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:53 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11089824 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (19804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:51pm On May 20, 2012
dare2think:

Dude, STFU.

Perhaps you should read your earlier post again, you sounded like an Arsenal fan trying to downgrade a very successfully display by comparing us to 'stoke' and saying it was not a 'spectacle'.
What else do you want? To Play spectacular and to lose?
A season where everyone underestimated the team, yet they still won two finals.
'It defies all odds that we won the CL. We shouldn't (and I am not ashamed to say that) but we did'.

^ What kind of fan says the above? We shouldn't? angry
I repeat, why dont you take the cup and give it to a spectacular team since you imply that we shouldn't have won it!

Hehehe. Just when you want to enjoy the moment, some nutter always seems to want to sustain an argument on the basis of fallacy.
Since you are wiser than I am why don't you answer these questions?

1. What sort of display from a team do you call 1 shot on goal in the first half, 3 shots on goal in 120mins, 1 corner kick in 120mins, only 2 saves from opposition keeper in 120mins, average 35% possession in first half?

2. How do you think our CL victory does not defy all odds when the following happened?

- 20% possession against Barcelona.
- 10 men for 70mins.
- Missed penalty kick by the world's best player when the goal would have taken them through.
- 4 sitters missed in the first leg.
- ball hit the post/bar in two legs over 5 times.
- missed penalty by Robben
- 20 corner kicks against Bayern.
- 43 shots against Bayern. . . . . . .
- losing on penalties against a German team.

a few of the events I can remember.

In your wisdom please explain how all this don't defy all odds. Coming here talking bollocks. Even you said this yourself. .

A season where everyone underestimated the team, yet they still won two finals.

Is this not a classic case of "against all odds"? You don't even understand your own argument.

I say it as it is and it was not pretty. We should not have won it but we did.
If you cannot stand the truth, go electrocute yourself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:53pm On May 20, 2012
nateevs:
In your wisdom please explain how all this don't defy all odds. Coming here talking bollocks. If you cannot stand the truth, go electrocute yourself.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2012
medjai: Drogba's a fuckin boss. Damn!

Congrats Chelsea, most undeserved CL winners in history

You dey craze!!!

When Chelsea deserved to win UCL at least twice between 2003 and 2009, you no commiserate, now you want to rain on our parade!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2012
nateevs:

Bluediva just enjoy the moment and do not overstate it.
We won on penalties and were worse than Stoke in the 120mins.

I'ld appreciate you saying we'll take the win as it's wrtten in history forever.
It was hardly a spectacle upon which the future can built.

Let's always maintain perspective when stating things.
When the euphoria of victory wears, we'll take stock and make sound decisions.

What do you expect with Bertrand and Kalou on the wings?

Every part of our team functioned perfectly except those two.

Nateevs, you should be banned from Chelsea thread till our first pre-season match!!!

AVB keep talking about "the three year project, the project, the project", RDM has completed the project in 3 months!!!

Nateevs,

Lampard is now 34 years old! One year left before our infamous argument that "Lampard will play at top level till 35" comes to fruition.

I did not see any slow and tired old man out there. Infact, Mikel, Lamps and Cole were warriors out there, complemented by the perfect delivery of Cech and DD.

Lemme share with you the text my university football team captain (die-hard Liverpool fan) sent me last night. Me and him have been arguing Lamps/Gerrard issue since 2003.

I read. . .

finally I agree with you that lamps is better than stevie. gerrard cannto play on the half-turn in that holding position like Lamps who is also great at knowing when to let the ball run across him to give him a yard on sum1 closing down. I have to say mikel has finally turned into a composed good player, slthough he cant deal with pace thru the middle...im finishing a piece, bel u in abit

I text him back to say that Mikel has not learned anything new as he is in his 30's and has always been composed on the ball except that he gets exposed with high-line like in the regime of Scolari, Ancelotti and AVB

Nateevs, you need to have a look in the mirror mate. AVB's "trash old players" have sealed their legacy. We did hold 45% possession, but could not take the handbrake off to attack fully because Bertrand and Kalou could not build up the plays with the boys and it would be foolhardy to commit all out with inferior firepower, only to get suckerpunched on the counter especially with Mikel not being fast enough to chase Bayerns forwards back. The decision to play Bertrand was the only tactical flaw Ive seen RDM make so far, and it stifled our ability to build attacks, but one thing is for sure - that Mikel and Lamps more than held their own in that midfield.

Oh. . . and DD has sealed his legacy beyond all shapekeeping.

However, yes, we should not make the same mistake as InterMilan by offering new contracts to old players after winning the UCL. They have reached their pinnacle. Lets build for the next one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:00pm On May 20, 2012
Ibime:
I text him back to say that Mikel has not learned anything new as he is in his 30's and has always been composed on the ball except that he gets exposed with high-line like in the regime of Scolari, Ancelotti and AVB

Nateevs, you need to have a look in the mirror mate. AVB's "trash old players" have sealed their legacy. We did hold 45% possession, but could not take the handbrake off to attack fully because Bertrand and Kalou could not build up the plays with the boys and it would be foolhardy to commit all out with inferior firepower, only to get suckerpunched on the counter especially with Mikel not being fast enough to chase Bayerns forwards back. The decision to play Bertrand was the only tactical flaw Ive seen RDM make so far, and it stifled our ability to build attacks, but one thing is for sure - that Mikel and Lamps more than held their own in that midfield.

in my opinion, mikel obi was the best player on the pitch. yes, drogba got the equaliser
but you cannot say he contributed nada apart from scoring from a set-piece. bayern's
defenders actually had drogba in their pockets until he scored.

with the fantastic midfielders bayern has got, it's baffling that mikel held his own
against them. mikel alone cannot patrol the 70 yards in front of the back four but he
did well. he got stuck in when fat frank wandered forward. mikel won all his tackles
and played simple passes to his team-mates(reminiscent of makelele).

the boy has come of age. it's easy to forget what he does unless you watch football
with your 5 sensory organs. he coped well with schweini and kroos who took turns to
maraud chelsea. mata didn't know who to press cos when mata marks one, the other gets
the ball and travel with it into the chelsea half.

mikel deserves 2 medals. he was outstanding - his best game in the blue shirt bar inter away in 09/10.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:08pm On May 20, 2012
^^^Mikel was fantastic. Im saying its nothing new with Mikel neither has he learned it recently. If you think this is Mikels best game, you must be mistaken. You must have forgotten how Mikel bossed Scholes in FA Cup final (2007 I think). I always considered Mikel to be the best protector of the ball in the Prem. The problem with Mikel is always being exposed with pace through the middle if Chelsea play with "high blocks" like AVB, Scolari and Ancelotti were often wont to do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:12pm On May 20, 2012
Ibime: ^^^Mikel was fantastic. Im saying its nothing new with Mikel neither has he learned it recently. If you think this is Mikels best game, you must be mistaken. You must have forgotten how Mikel bossed Scholes in FA Cup final (2007 I think). I always considered Mikel to be the best protector of the ball in the Prem. The problem with Mikel is always being exposed with pace through the middle if Chelsea play with "high blocks" like AVB, Scolari and Ancelotti were often wont to do.

claude makelele!
mikel's best game in a blue shirt was inter away....
dang....mikel was superhuman that day.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:38pm On May 20, 2012
Edited. Unnecessary post!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:55pm On May 20, 2012
nateevs:
I still believe Gerrard is/was better than Lampard. Nothing can change my opinion on that.
Your friend should be ashamed of himself by thinking Lamps is better than Gerrard of the basis of a better half-turn ability. Gerrard's ability has fast faded in his memories because he (Gerrard) has been plagued by injuries. How can some think think player A is better than B because of one single ability? Do you know how many thing Gerrard can do Lamps cannot dream about doing?

What apart from burst at pace and occasional long range shot that troglodytes like yourself cream over?

Nateevs quit disgracing yourself with your Roy of the Rovers fantasies about Gerrard. He is extremely limited. The intricacies of Lampards midfield game are beyond him. Any midfielder who cant half-turn is on a long-thing. I thank God for players like Scott Parker, Scholes, Lampard, few of the first English midfielders to start using half-turn later perfected by the likes of Leon Britton, Jack Wilshere and such whilst Gerrard still play like a footballer from the eighties, and who is only to be seen when a counterattack is on.

I told you 4 years ago that Gerrard without pace is useless, unlike Lampard, a true midfielder. Do you know how many Premier League games Gerrard has been in winning team this season? ONE!

Mind you he still has pace so no excuses.

Infact you dont know jack about midfield play.

Couple years ago, Lamps was your major culprit whenever Chelsea fail to win a game. I always told you that without looking at Malouda, Kalou, Cole and such on the wings, you were on a long thing.

I wonder why you didnt blame Mata for Chelsea not dominating offensively yesterday, all of a sudden, happy to take the excuse that its not Matas fault but Bertrand and Kalou. Im sure if Lampard was the one playing no8, you would claim it is all Lamps fault.

Nateevs,

I have no more words to share with you on this issue. You have been disgraced too many times. The same season when you fought with me claiming Lamps is useless is the same season he obliterated the rules on midfield offensive play by copping 27 goals and 20 assists.

Now he is providing evidence to you guys who claimed he only did such and such because two guys were behind protecting him by playing the protection role as good as anyone who ever played behind him, whilst delivering composed passes, half-turns away from packed midfield and solid tackles and covering. Mind you, this is a 34 year old man.

nateevs:
As to the statement "RDM has completed the project in 3 months!!!", you will find pal that this is your opinion about "the project" - winning the CL. My opinion about this project was a complete overhaul and change in philosophy and direction of the club. Change in transfer policy, playing style, improving the club's image, trusting in young players, overhaul of the scouting network and reduction of the overall wage bill in a bid to building an outfit that out-lives its owner. That's why AVB said it will take 3 years. Are you by any means suggesting RDM has achieved all this?

So you mean controlling transfer policy was part of AVB's project?

Despite you claiming AVB never signed a single player at Chelsea whether Lukaku, Courtois or De Bruyne.

Nateevs you are a disgrace in footie arguments.

You nailed your mast to the AVB project and supported his assinine claims that certain players like Lamps and Cashley were useless. You jubilated when we lost to West-Brom, pointing to it as vindication that these guys were rubbish/finished and deserved to be dropped against Napoli, after we all blamed AVB's ludicrous team selection for Napoli loss.

You've been left with big banana on your face to discover that the same oldies AVB persecuted, especially Lamps were not the reason we were underperforming, but rather his persecution and underuse of them WAS the sole reason.

After your disgraceful arguments this season where your nyash has been opened clinicially and decisively, we Chelseans have every right to ban you from this thread till further notice!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:02pm On May 20, 2012
Ibime:

Nateevs,

I have no more words to share with you on this issue. You have been disgraced too many times. The same season when you fought with me claiming Lamps is useless is the same season he obliterated the rules on midfield offensive play by copping 27 goals and 20 assists.

Now he is providing evidence to you guys who claimed he only did such and such because two guys were behind protecting him by playing the protection role as good as anyone who ever played behind him, whilst delivering composed passes, half-turns away from packed midfield and solid tackles and covering. Mind you, this is a 34 year old man.
D

this is cheap escapism.
if we are going to be using lampard's age to excuse his poor general
performance then he should retire.

it's too convenient. when he plays well, his fanboys say he's world
class, when he doesn't play well, his old age is the reason. if he's
so old that his legs can't carry him any longer, what's he bloody
doing in the chelsea squad?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:06pm On May 20, 2012
coogar:

this is cheap escapism.
if we are going to be using lampard's age to excuse his poor general
performance then he should retire.

What poor general performance?

The nigga just sonned Barca in the UCL semi-final with two brilliant cutting edge passes to create two fantastic goals, won the FA Cup with a brilliant piece of midfield play to set-up Drogba, and just won the UCL!!!

Coogar!!!! AVB is a twunt for giving guys like you and Nateevs ammunition.

Lampard was AVB's top scorer, yet AVB would have you believe his "project was about getting rid of old slow midfielders like Lampard"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 11:58pm On May 20, 2012
Up Drogba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 12:14am On May 21, 2012
The Gerrard vs Lampard Debacle would never die down would it?

So Much for the both of them being the Most Complete Midfielders In The World Football
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 6:26am On May 21, 2012
El nino dey vex. Probably seeking assurances he will be the main man next season. Why do I sense some good timing?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:23am On May 21, 2012
Mind if We have a sneak at what happened on Fulham Road Yesterday! cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:29am On May 21, 2012
More

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:33am On May 21, 2012
And More

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:36am On May 21, 2012
Was Jxt Fun!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2012
Torres has been spitting fire since.

I think he might want to leave

I wouldnt mind him at Bayern as a backup to Gomez and if he performs to take over
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:56pm On May 21, 2012
Edited. Unnecessary post!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 5:49pm On May 21, 2012
Up Blues

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 5:54pm On May 21, 2012
Up Blues
grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:05pm On May 21, 2012
@nateevs, STFU.
You know next to nothing about football or management or when not to make certain statements.
f uck, you jubilated when we lost simply because AVB was not the one at the helm. You lambasted RdM for poor selection against Liverpool when all he tried to do was get the crucial players fresh.
Now we won 2 fantastic cups and you come here rapping in Latin.
Guy, shift and relocate. WTF!!!!?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2012
seems didier drogba is leaving after all,smart guy leaving when d ovation was loudest.
now his status as an all time Chelsea legend is safe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2012
Hehehehe. . . . nateevs does take things too far sometimes. grin

It is quite curmudgeonly about a single performance that wins the UCL.

In a final, the last game to win a title, ANY form of play (except feral violence grin) is acceptable - defend with 12 behind the ball sef, it justifies winning the trophy.

You have veered into being an irrational idealist if you complain about the style of play in a game like this.

Chelski deserved to win it because their play was more effective than Bayerns - the cup is not given out for aesthetics or endeavour, but doing what wins the game.

It may not fit with your purist view of how Chelski should play, but the time for such talk is not while basking in the euphoria of such an epic victory.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 21, 2012
Lol...

Leave nateevs alone o.
I'm sure if it was AVB who achieved this he won't be complaining.

Anyway, i think nateevs is just trying to say we need not forget to rebuild in the midst of all the euphoria.

We were not spectacular but who the fukk cares?
When you beat the best you become the best.

Meanwhile farewell to the great legend DROGBA.
I don't know if anyone can fill your shoes in a decade.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2012
debosky:
It may not fit with your purist view of how Chelski should play, but the time for such talk is not while basking in the euphoria of such an epic victory.

This exactly is what I tried from the very beginning to avoid. Check my posts, I made it clear very many times that we won! No one cares about how we won. To be honest, for a change I will side with the anti-football pundits and justify why we should have played like that to win. I reiterated a trillion times in my posts that I am not attacking and will not attack the way we played because it was a means to a goal.

My overall aim was to defend what I said to Diva first time, that although, we did what we have to do but it was not pretty. A very concise and clear definition of accepting the manner we approached the game but defining the eventual look and feel of the approach. There are many things I could take too far, this is not one of them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:25pm On May 21, 2012
@Dare2think.

You and I have taken things too far. It's absolutely the wrong time to be having such discussions.
I tried to get a point across. I tried very hard to isolate that point of view without causing a long argument that could resemble being unappreciative of the achievement.

It looks very clear to me now that I failed to achieve that and I must stop here. I accept your point of view.
I'll delete all the posts and please remove the quotes from yours if you can. (FBS, Diva, Ibime, please do the same if you can).

It's been an eventful few weeks for the club and there are many positives to talk about. We just won the UCL for heaven's sake!
We have a big season ahead of us and an equally big summer to improve the squad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 9:31pm On May 21, 2012
^^^^^

Much respect my homie, I'm sorry for my uncouth language and demeanour!

Love Chelsea to bit and am sure you feel the same!

I'll delete my rude posts as soon as I'm less busy!

Sorry Once again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2012
dare2think: ^^^^^

Much respect my homie, I'm sorry for my uncouth language and demeanour!

Love Chelsea to bit and am sure you feel the same!

I'll delete my rude posts as soon as I'm less busy!

Sorry Once again!

Thanks man. It's nice to know you are a true gentleman!
We'll like to have more of your views on here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:22pm On May 21, 2012
yes he took things too far but you all took it the farthest ,am ashame really hes a blue brother for christ sake such lambast is disheartening but all is said , apologies from affected fans should be made vice versa . thank you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mufasa(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2012
Torres is b1tching in the news about how he was treated bla bla bla. Be like say the hommie nor well.

Didier is leaving. 64 shot gun salute to the Legend Didier. Its time for you to move on and i have to say it you are a Chelsea Legend.

Lukaku too is moaning about AVB lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (19804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.