Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,637 members, 7,926,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 01:21 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11090078 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (19804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:57am On May 22, 2012
Nice one nateevs.
Nobody wants to hear a Chelsea fan moan after we just won the biggest trophy in football.

I'm still on the moon and really proud to be a blue at this moment.
Let's all celebrate the moment and by summer start the discussions again.

PS:
Don't worry nobody will quote your rants in future.
We all know it was said under the influence . . .lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:31am On May 22, 2012
No long thing...we'all in an euphoric state of mind. grin
@nateevs, no shakes my padi...some of what you said ain't out of place, it's just wasn't the right time. Remember,there is always time for everything. cheesy
What a season it was and I say congratulations to EVERYONE!

@BlueDiva, me thinks its good DD is leaving. I would if I were him. His last kick for Chelsea brought us glory. What better way to cement is legendary status? Roll the carpet for Sir Didier Drogba.

Come next season, we shall have a new striker. smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:36am On May 22, 2012
Either, RdM is just a lucky manager or a good manager or both! but like my fav. manager would say, better to be a lucky manager than a good manager. Roberto Di Mateo, you have done EXCEPTIONALLY well. Thank YOU!

That said, I will be very surprised if he is given the job permanently. Don't ask me why.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:05am On May 22, 2012
@BlueDiva, me thinks its good DD is leaving. I would if I were him. His last kick for Chelsea brought us glory. What better way to cement is legendary status? Roll the carpet for Sir Didier Drogba.

I agree, dude has won it all.
Better to go look for the big bucks in a less demanding league.

Meanwhile, Hazard says he finds the prospect of moving to CFC much appealing after our CL victory.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dealordea(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2012
My chelsea anthem::::

General football dressing room noise. RDM enters. Noise dies down)

Did you call that the performance of Champions?
I am looking at Champions.lol

ALRIGHT GAFFER!

No. It is not alright gaffer (Team protests)
Shut up Mikel.
I am the manager of this team, and who am I?

YOU ARE THE LUCKY ONE!

Yes I am the LUCKY one, but that performance was not special,
It made me laugh, and champions should make me laugh,
If I want to laugh, maybe I listen to Damien doing a car insurance ad,
Damien do it,
Make me laugh,
Now.

(Damien Duff- "Hibernian Insurance; pretty good!)

(Sniggers)

Ya very funny.
Now, Drogba.
First half, pathetic (Didier Drogba protests throughout this)
Look if you want I can replace you,
It's no problem,
I can, I can replace you,
It's no problem,
I can do it,

(Whilst typing)

w w w dot,
Amazon
dot
co
dot
U.K
Searchword,
MESSI,
Thirty-five half million,
No problem,
I can do it,
I can do it,
Do you want me to press buy?

(Drogba - no please gaffer)

Do you want me to press buy?

(Drogba - NO!)

Then listen to the LUCKY one?

(ok, ok)

Good. (sorry)

Now, second half,
Vocal exercises, midfield,
Now.

WOAH-OH

Very good, very good.
Defence,
Breathe and vocal.

WOAH-OH

Very good,
You are ready I think.

(applause, cheering etc)

Ok, ok, ok, ok,
It's time for the song,

(cheering)

Last week...
Shut up Drogba..
Last MONTH, we beat BARCA,
And I did for you,
'Don't Look Back At PEP'

'DONT LOOK BACK AT WENGER...(to "Don't Look Back In Anger"

Sh..Shut up...
Shut up MATA. Shut up.
This week, I do for you,
The LUCKY one,

YOU ARE THE LUCKY ONE!

I know,
I know I...shhhh
I know I am the LUCKY one,
I know I am the LUCKY one, (Music comes in - Joseph and his amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat!)
But this week it's a very special song,
And this one is called,
RDM and his amazing Technicolour Overcoat!

(Cheers)

Sh sh sh,
Shut up.

I close my eyes,
And stand there grinning, (WOAH-OH)
We can't stop winning, (WOAH-OH)
You'd be grinning too.
And when I first came, (WHEN HE FIRST CAME)
I was delighted, (WOAH-OH)
Could've managed, BIRGMHAM (WOAH-OH)
But any team will do.
I wore my coat, (HE WEARS HIS COAT)
The world is merry, (WOAH-OH)
I've got, John Terry, (WOAH-OH)
And Drogba too, (GO ON DIDIER!) Very good,
I switched them round, (HE SWITCHES ROUND)
They all are hating, (WOAH-OH)
But I like rotating, (WOAH-OH)
Any team will do.

(GO ON GAFFER!)

A corner kick,
Is just enough,
A little flick from,
DROGBA , (GO ON DROGBA! GO ON DROGBA!)
The ball flies right into the net,
And we are 1-1 back!

(ONE-ONE! ONE-ONE! ONE-ONE! ONE-ONE!)

May I return, (MAY I RETURN)
To the beginning, (WOAH-OH)
It's so easy winning, (WOAH-OH)
When your team is blue. (Come on) (BLUE IS THE COLOUR!)
We can't go wrong, (WE CANT GO WRONG)
I am in heaven, (WOAH-OH)
Playing whatever, eleven, (WOAH-OH)
'Cause any team will do. (YEAH!!!)

Now,
Go and be champions, (YEAH!!)
Be champions! (YEAH!!)
Do I
t, (YEAH!!)
Love it! (YEAH!!)
And if you dont do it, (mumbles..)
You can kill yourselves! (YEAH!!) ARSENALS FANS
And take that from me!

Be champions! (Cheering fades)

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 10:55am On May 22, 2012
nateevs:

Thanks man. It's nice to know you are a true gentleman!
We'll like to have more of your views on here.

Thanks!

Was at the parade and saw Terry from a distance! I have to admit, Even I could feel his leadership aura from a mile!

Asides from his childish antics, Terry is another lengend in the making.

I saw so many blue fans and chics from all over the world, I will never forget that day.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:45pm On May 22, 2012
dare2think:

Thanks!

Was at the parade and saw Terry from a distance! I have to admit, Even I could feel his leadership aura from a mile!

I saw so many blue fans and chics from all over the world, I will never forget that day.

I so desperately wanted to be there. I could not.
I watched the whole parade later on Chelsea TV.

Amazing moment. Yes Terry's a legend in the making.
One of the most amazing moments for me was Roman on the bus as well.

7 trophies up for grabs next season. I just cannot wait.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:05pm On May 22, 2012
dare2think:

Thanks!

ohh please, john terry is a cunt.
he has been warned that if andy murray wins the wimbledon open, john
terry will not be allowed to lift the trophy. if drogba wins the next
nations cup, terry won't be allowed to hoist the trophy!

he's a sourpuss! taking someone else's glory.
gary neville was united's captain when man utd won the champs league in
moscow. he was injured and couldn't play in the final. when united won, i didn't
see neville in a united shirt dragging the trophy with rio(the captain on the night).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 5:17pm On May 22, 2012
coogar:

moscow. he was injured and couldn't play in the final. when united won, i didn't
see neville in a united shirt dragging the trophy with rio(the captain on the night).

Neither in 99 Did I see Roy drag the trophy with Schmeichel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:45pm On May 22, 2012
dare2think:

Thanks!

[size=38pt]Was at the parade and saw Terry from a distance! I have to admit, Even I could feel his leadership aura from a mile![/size]

oh fook me!! as in seriously? grin grin grin

i can't laff. u a closet f@g or u just have a man crush on that gawdawful fugly human being?

smh. ya ain't a blue r ya? this post has to enter the sports section hall of fame

dare2think: the man who thought and thought till he felt J.T's aura from a mile away! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:21pm On May 22, 2012
Fola-mumu, you done come again?

Yes, DD and JT have the most "presence" at Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Im not letting Nateevs off easy.

The guy needs to be caned.

He emotionally tied himself into AVB cos he though AVB would get rid of Lamps and Drogs and promote many playmakers, of whom only a few actually win anything. Whether Benayoun, Diego, Robinho or fuckever, you wont believe the kinda dross Nateevs would like to replace Lampard just because they dagbose on the ball.

Lemme tell Nateevs now plain and clear. . .

The play Lampard has exhibited in the no 4 position over the last 3 months is beyond anything Modric has ever produced in his life from that position. Whether possession, passing, tackling, tracking, assisting or scoring from that position, Lamps record over 3 months beats Modric's record over a calendar season! Please dont ask me who DAGBOSE on the ball better, cos we all know it's Modric, but ask me who PLAYED better, that one na ho-ha!!!

This very season, he believes Torres is better than DD just because Torres denge on the ball while DD goes straight to the point. As a former Drogba hater (until 2009) and Lampard hater (until 2003), leave it to me to say that not all players brilliant technique is instantly visible. It took for me to analyse DD's game to realise that although he was clumsy on the ground, his technique in trapping a ball from the air is second to none, whilst his shooting and crossing and ability to turn defenders he has his back to cannot be replicated by any other striker. It also took me three seasons to recognise that Lampard is one of the best passers of a football in the game, a player who already knows the pass he will make before he receives the ball, hence we often see great one-time passes like we saw in the semi's of UCL and FA Cup final. This was seen on one of the few occassions Lamps ventured forward in the UCL final when DD laid ball back to him and he immediately played in Kalou with his first touch. If we had a few more of those decisive moments from kalou and Bertrand, we woulda won that game easy.

Even my wife remarked out of the blue one day that she likes Lampard cos he doesnt waste time when delivering his pass incisively. Something a waste-man like Nateevs cant see cos he prefers players that dagbose for no reason. Add to the fact that Lamps is 7/10 in every aspect of his game and 10/10 in finishing, running and anticipation, Nateevs is a PURE WASTEMAN!!!

So the crux of the matter is that Nateevs claims watching RDM's Chelsea was like watching Stoke.

Lets examine the matter. . .

Vs Napoli. . . . World class performance . . . very unlike Stoke
vs Benfica . . . two legs. . . good performance
vs Barca. . . . Nateevs accepts the style of play is necessary to beat Barca
vs Bayern. . . . OK. . . so we werent all attacking, yet what would Nateevs expect with Bertrand and Kalou tasked with the duty of carrying the midfield 10 yards further forward (which is a wingers job to do. Perhaps you could say we shoulda played Torres on the wing but that is a lottery in itself and we prolly woulda lost. Meanwhile Nateevs didnt blame Mata for us playing like Stoke. If it was Lamps in no8 position, we wouldnt hear the last of his inane, uninformed and naive comments about "Lamps did not provide creative spark" as Ive heard numerous times over the last 4 years whenever Chelsea dont win.

Lets examine the other Cup games then. . .

Vs Spurs. . . . World Class performance
Vs Liverpool. . . .dominant performance for 67% of the game.

So where is the Stoke in RDM?

Face facts that RDM is an intelligent manager, fluid, dynamic and fast-moving. . . unlike AVB who has a system in place and seeks to buy players (Alvaro Perreira) to play his 4-3-3 system where the LCM (Perreira) and RCM (Ramires) would be nothing but glorified full-backs. An eediot who has no man-management nouse and who all his players hate with a passion including Lukaku, Anelka, Lampard, Alex, Terry, Cole in particular, and who bores his players with long rhetorical tactical jibber-jabber whilst RDM gives them clear and consise instructions.

So is my rant over yet?

No!

Lemme end it by saying that Nateevs is a NINCOMPOOP!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:45pm On May 22, 2012
Ibime: Fola-mumu, you done come again?

Yes, DD and JT have the most "presence" at Chelsea.

Meanwhile, Im not letting Nateevs off easy.

The guy needs to be caned.

He emotionally tied himself into AVB cos he though AVB would get rid of Lamps and Drogs and promote many playmakers, of whom only a few actually win anything. Whether Benayoun, Diego, Robinho or fuckever, you wont believe the kinda dross Nateevs would like to replace Lampard just because they dagbose on the ball.

Lemme tell Nateevs now plain and clear. . .

The play Lampard has exhibited in the no 4 position over the last 3 months is beyond anything Modric has ever produced in his life from that position. Whether possession, passing, tackling, tracking, assisting or scoring from that position, Lamps record over 3 months beats Modric's record over a calendar season! Please dont ask me who DAGBOSE on the ball better, cos we all know it's Modric, but ask me who PLAYED better, that one na ho-ha!!!

This very season, he believes Torres is better than DD just because Torres denge on the ball while DD goes straight to the point. As a former Drogba hater (until 2009) and Lampard hater (until 2003), leave it to me to say that not all players brilliant technique is instantly visible. It took for me to analyse DD's game to realise that although he was clumsy on the ground, his technique in trapping a ball from the air is second to none, whilst his shooting and crossing and ability to turn defenders he has his back to cannot be replicated by any other striker. It also took me three seasons to recognise that Lampard is one of the best passers of a football in the game, a player who already knows the pass he will make before he receives the ball, hence we often see great one-time passes like we saw in the semi's of UCL and FA Cup final. This was seen on one of the few occassions Lamps ventured forward in the UCL final when DD laid ball back to him and he immediately played in Kalou with his first touch. If we had a few more of those decisive moments from kalou and Bertrand, we woulda won that game easy.

Even my wife remarked out of the blue one day that she likes Lampard cos he doesnt waste time when delivering his pass incisively. Something a waste-man like Nateevs cant see cos he prefers players that dagbose for no reason. Add to the fact that Lamps is 7/10 in every aspect of his game and 10/10 in finishing, running and anticipation, Nateevs is a PURE WASTEMAN!!!
D

you're a first class fool.

this is how you permeate the webspace with your foolishness.
modric compared to lampard? are you winding us up here with your heap of
heresy?

how can lampard hold a candle to modric? in what aspect?

modric
2.3 shots/game, 2.7 key passes/game, 1.7 dribbles/game, 70.4 average passes/game
87.4% pass completion, 7.6 accurate long balls/game, 0.5 through-balls/game, 1.3 crosses/game

lampard
2.2 shots/game, 2.2 key passes/game, 0.3 dribbles/game, 51.2 average passes/game
86.9% pass completion, 4.1 accurate long balls/game, 0.4 through-balls/game, 0.9 crosses/game

modric tackles more(1.6/game) to lampard's(1.4/game), modric intercepts more(2.3/game) to lampard's(1.2/game).
matter of factly, modric shytes on lampard on virtually every midfield stats available in the premier league.

apart from awoof penalties lampard gets, what does he bring to the team?
ibime - you're a neophyte!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:00am On May 23, 2012
^^^ You what?

Modric that couldnt lift his team at all when most needed. . .

Is that why Soccernet gave him low marks for disappearing at crunch-time?

I doubt your stats highly, but you forgot the most important

Lampard. . . 10 assists
Modric. . . 6 assists

Lampard. . . 16 goals
Modric. . . 5 goals

What the hell does Mdric 2.3 shots per game mean?

So Modric took 80 shots this season and only score 5?

Coogar, you need a lobotomy!!

Give us stats every 90 minutes. We all know AVB like to take Lamps off every game before 60 minutes.

Tackles per game and all that nonsense is irrelevant stats.

What does 2 tackles per game even mean?

So Modric is now a warrior?

If Modric had to defend for his life against Barca and Bayern, Chelsea would have lost 3-0.

You are posting Premier League stats knowing Lamps was mostly rested in Premier League under RDM.

In essence, all you are comparing is dodgy stats from AVB regime.

Lamps performance in midfield 2 under RDM (mostly in Cup competitions) is better than the sum total of Modric's EPL contributions. Bite me!!!

Kai, Lampards worst ever season (2011/12) where he was persecuted by manager still trumps Modric's best ever season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:14am On May 23, 2012
Ibime: ^^^ You what?
Modric that couldnt lift his team at all when most needed. . .
Is that why Soccernet gave him low marks for disappearing at crunch-time?

they finished above chelsea in the league. cup games don't count
what else do you need to know?

I doubt your stats highly, but you forgot the most important

Lampard. . . 10 assists
Modric. . . 6 assists

Lampard. . . 16 goals
Modric. . . 5 goals

What the hell does Mdric 2.3 shots per game mean?

in that wise, lampard is better than iniesta....goals/assists
means shyte in this context. frank lampard takes every set piece
at chelsea. freekicks(direct or indirect), corners, penalties.
why won't his stats rack up against modric who has to chill for
adebayor, bale, van der vaart, kyle walker, etc before he gets a punt.

So Modric took 80 shots this season and only score 5?
Coogar, you need a lobotomy!!
Give us stats every 90 minutes. We all know AVB like to take Lamps off every game before 60 minutes.

it depends on the kinda shots.
modric took 83 shots...no one knows from which distance...but knowing
frank lampard often reaps where he did not sow, i am not surprised one
jot lampard scored so many goals when half of them were from set pieces.

Tackles per game and all that nonsense is irrelevant stats.
what does 2 tackles per game even mean?
So Modric is now a warrior?

tackles won per game. he won 56 tackles all season compared to
lampard's 41 tackles.

If Modric had to defend for his life against Barca and Bayern, Chelsea would have lost 3-0.

if lampard had to defend for his life against barca and bayern with ledley king, assou ekotto,
kaboul, walker and an ageing brad friedel and redknapp as gaffer, chelsea would have lost 6-0.

You are posting Premier League stats knowing Lamps was mostly rested in Premier League under RDM.
In essence, all you are comparing is dodgy stats from AVB regime.

Lamps performance in midfield 2 under RDM (mostly in Cup competitions) is better than the sum total of Modric's EPL contributions. Bite me!!!

you're a troglodyte, this is the premier league stats for 2011/12 and modric shat on lampard
in every facet of the game. modric and mata are lampard's seniors. lampard cannot hold a candle
to either of them in how to boss the midfield either from wide areas or from the central position.

Kai, Lampards worst ever season (2011/12) where he was persecuted by manager still trumps Modric's best ever season.

be deceiving yourself. modric passes more, his passes are even more accurate.
he made more key passes per game, he made more tackles per game....he ate lampard
throughout.....if i post where i got these stats, you would be embarrassed to have
posted the heap of grime above.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 7:44am On May 23, 2012
@ibime
stop this comparism, imagine Modric in a chelsea shirt , evry match we would be scoring 3goals per game.. Modric is a beast in the midfield, a natural born-midfielder. we still need him..
the likes of Pirlo,xavi,scholes,fabregas,modric...this guys understands the center role from birth!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:55am On May 23, 2012
Chelsea have €40m Lucas Moura bid rejected but remain favourites to sign Sao Paulo starlet -- Seems Like we're Giving Up On Hazard after all undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2012
coogar:
be deceiving yourself. modric passes more, his passes are even more accurate.
he made more key passes per game, he made more tackles per game....he ate lampard
throughout.....if i post where i got these stats, you would be embarrassed to have
posted the heap of grime above.

tackles won per game. he won 56 tackles all season compared to
lampard's 41 tackles.

You see right there. . . .your Maths is faulty.

According to your stats, Modric made 56 tackles in 35 games whilst Lampard made 41 tackles in 30 games hence you claim Modric to have 1.6 tackles to Lampard 1.4.

If we assume that Lamps played on average 75 minutes per game, you would find Modric 1.6 tackles per 90 minutes to Lampard 1.8 tackles per 90 minutes

MUMU!!!

Please tell me how many of Lamps 30 games where he played 90 minutes?

It probably did not reach up to 15.

AVB always sub him off before 60 minutes, sometimes half-time, and sometimes he comes on as sub.

THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOUR DODGY STATS.

You see a fool like you is giving us stats over the whole season, then dividing by no of games played.

Give us the overall season stats, and I will give you the true figure per 90 minutes.

Your Maths is faulty.

dyabman: @ibime
stop this comparism, imagine Modric in a chelsea shirt , evry match we would be scoring 3goals per game.. Modric is a beast in the midfield, a natural born-midfielder. we still need him..!

Bale is better than Kalou
VDV and Mata are almost mate
Lennon is better than Sturridge
Adebayor has 30 goals and assists, better than anything DD+Torres could muster.

Why did Modric not create 3 goals per game.

Shebi Modric was not on the pitch when they lost 5-1 to Chelsea, 4-2 to Arsenal, 5-1 to United, 6-1 and 3-1 to Citeh etc etc

Modric should be ashamed of his performance in any game where he came up against any kind of decent midfielder.

PLEASE STOP TALKING NONSENSE!!!!

Modric to lift Chelsea when he can't lift better players at Spurs?

Modric would look good at Chelsea. . . . but results would not improve!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:11am On May 23, 2012
Hey Sharon,

You are a disgrace!

Modric played 3214 minutes this season or average 91.83 minutes per game
Lampard played 2248 minutes this season or average 74.93 minutes per game

If you extrapolate these figures into your stats, you find that for example:

Modric made 2.6 key passes per 90 minutes as did Lampard who made 2.6.

Modric made 0.5 through passes per 90 mins as did Lampard

Modirc made 69 passes per 90 minutes to Lamps 62. . . small difference especially considering Modric gets ball off the defence with more frequency.

etc etc etc. . .

All these stats in Modric's best ever season and Lamps worst ever where a manager persecutes him all the time and dent confidence.

Sharon, you should be ashamed.

I asked you to compare Lamps performance in deep midfield position under RDM to Modric's performance in same position. You decided to compare Modric wholes season stats againts Lamps stats under AVB who was a disaster, and still there's no discernable difference. . . apart from of course the difference of 4 assists and 11 goals in Lampards favoured, copped over lesser playing period.

Sharon, you are a disgrace!!! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 10:48am On May 23, 2012
4llerbuntu:

oh fook me!! as in seriously? grin grin grin

i can't laff. u a closet f@g or u just have a man crush on that gawdawful fugly human being?

smh. ya ain't a blue r ya? this post has to enter the sports section hall of fame

dare2think: the man who thought and thought till he felt J.T's aura from a mile away! grin grin grin grin grin

Lol, Joker.

You were probably drunk when you wrote that.

Come back and make sense when you are sober!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:49am On May 23, 2012
Ibime:
You see right there. . . .your Maths is faulty.
According to your stats, Modric made 56 tackles in 35 games whilst Lampard made 41 tackles in 30 games hence you claim Modric to have 1.6 tackles to Lampard 1.4.
If we assume that Lamps played on average 75 minutes per game, you would find Modric 1.6 tackles per 90 minutes to Lampard 1.8 tackles per 90 minutes

what is this obese fool ranting about? you want to fault statistics
straight from opta stats? how can we assume lampard played 75 mins per
game? were you born a tool? lampard was substituted only 4 times in his
30 games. he started 26 times and 4 subs and we should average him 75 mins
per game? olodo!

Please tell me how many of Lamps 30 games where he played 90 minutes?
It probably did not reach up to 15.
AVB always sub him off before 60 minutes, sometimes half-time, and sometimes he comes on as sub.

because the fat-phuck was ineffective. fact remains lampard started 26 games out of the
30 games he featured him. lampard made 41 tackles and 35 interceptions in 2248 mins( 1 tackle in 55 mins, 1 interception in 64 mins)
modric copped 56 tackles + 81 interceptions in 3214 mins)(1 tackle in 57 mins, 1 interception in 40 mins).

observers would say lampard made more tackle per min but lampard's tackles resulted in 18 fouls, 5 yellow cards.
modric's cautious approach earned him 18 fouls + 2 yellow cards all season. lampard(due to his brainlessness copped
the same number of fouls as modric despite playing almost 1000 mins less than modric). ibime, what else do you need? grin

you have been sonned, nigga!

THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOUR DODGY STATS.

You see a fool like you is giving us stats over the whole season, then dividing by no of games played.
Give us the overall season stats, and I will give you the true figure per 90 minutes.
Your Maths is faulty.

ibime is really scraping the barrels now after being put apart by my stats.
so lampard coming off at 60 mins affected his pass completion too? it affected
his average passes per game? grin grin grin grin grin

Ibime: Hey Sharon,
You are a disgrace!

Modric played 3214 minutes this season or average 91.83 minutes per game
Lampard played 2248 minutes this season or average 74.93 minutes per game

If you extrapolate these figures into your stats, you find that for example:

what a morrrron! if i extrapolate? this ijaw boy is clutching at straws.
if i extrapolate berbatov's stats of 7 goals in 5 starts, he's the
most prolific striker in the whole of great britain but i know if he
had completed 38 games, he wouldn't have scored 50 league goals.

Modric made 2.6 key passes per 90 minutes as did Lampard who made 2.6.
Modric made 0.5 through passes per 90 mins as did Lampard
Modirc made 69 passes per 90 minutes to Lamps 62. . . small difference especially considering Modric gets ball off the defence with more frequency.
etc etc etc. . .

modric made 96 key passes in 3214 mins, lampard made 55 key passes in 2248 mins.
modric made 1 key pass every 33.5 mins, lampard made 1 key pass in every 41 mins......modric murders fat frank!

modric made 17 accurate throughball in 3214 mins, lampard made 11 accurate throughball in 2248 mins
modric copped 1 accurate throughball in 189 mins, lamprd copped 1 accurate through ball in 204.4 mins- modric murders fatso frank(again)!

modric 's long ball accuracy = 275/369[b](84%)[/b], lampard's long ball accuracy = 122/159[b](77%)[/b]
modric made 275 accurate long balls in 3214 mins[b](1 per 11.7 mins)[/b], lampard made 122 of those in 2248 mins(1 per 18.4 mins) - modric murders fatty frank(again)!

now, i have not even spoken about modric's superior pass completion stats or the number of passes modric makes
on the pitch that puts lampard to the bin. ibime, your mathematics need help. i have converted those games
into minutes spent on the pitch and modric wins all day long.

All these stats in Modric's best ever season and Lamps worst ever where a manager persecutes him all the time and dent confidence.

i don't want to hear best season versus worst season. leave that to the romantics.
your original post mentioned the fact that lampard was better than modric in the just concluded season
and that irked me cos i know modric was tottenham's best performer this season and that means he outperformed
lampard(2nd best midfielder in chelsea). modric even did better than mata according to opta!

I asked you to compare Lamps performance in deep midfield position under RDM to Modric's performance in same position. You decided to compare Modric wholes season stats againts Lamps stats under AVB who was a disaster, and still there's no discernable difference. . . apart from of course the difference of 4 assists and 11 goals in Lampards favoured, copped over lesser playing period.

you are a disgrace!!! cool cool

you're the bigger disgrace....so avb's tactics prevented lampard from passing accurately? did avb tie frank's legs?
this is why i love opta.....opta went on to tell me it was in the central midfield position that modric copped his stats bar one assist he copped playing as AMR(attacking midfield-right). modric has just been better, he has been more versatile having played in 5 different positions to lampard's 2.

what else have you go say? i have trimmed down their stats to per mins spent on the pitch
and modric still wins. scour the web and take my statistics anywhere, they would tell you
the real facts rather than your idiotic and senile extrapolations!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 10:51am On May 23, 2012
coogar:

Well, as long as his team-mates are Ok with it, I don't think it's that much of a big deal.

Each team has it's dynamics, and that is how it goes at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:53am On May 23, 2012
coogar:
what is this obese fool ranting about? you want to fault statistics
straight from opta stats? how can we assume lampard played 75 mins per
game? were you born a tool? lampard was substituted only 4 times in his
30 games. he started 26 times and 4 subs and we should average him 75 mins
per game? olodo!

You must have felt like a real plonker after typing this, only to find that 2248mins divided by 30 = 74.93 grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:06am On May 23, 2012
Ibime:

You must have felt like a real plonker after typing this, only to find that 2248mins divided by 30 = 74.93 grin grin grin

point still stands......calculate the stats i provided last night per minute spent on the pitch(without your idiotic extrapolation)
and tell me who has done better!

if you need any more help, i would be glad to provide those.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2012
when push came to shove, Modric was unable to deliver. In the crucial games at the end of the season that would've guaranteed the Spuds CL footie, he choked, just like the rest of the team.

Contrast this to Lamps, who delivered killer passes at the business end of the season - in the FA Cup final, in the CL semi final. That is the true measure of player - consistent performances over the season AND an ability to deliver when the stakes are highest. Modric lacks the latter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by malizen: 11:38am On May 23, 2012
UP!!! up!!chelsea.What an incredible feat by chelsea fc for the first time lifting FA cup and becoming euro champions. I doff my cap for them.What a massive support!The uproar during the match in the streets of Lagos,one would think Nigeria was playing a world cup match.Never .All for fun .I guess I would be able to cash in on this and earn money like the boys are doing ,as we watch them for the fun of it.Can anybody help me out there[size=10pt][? Reach me by this post
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:44am On May 23, 2012
coogar:
your original post mentioned the fact that lampard was better than modric in the just concluded season
and that irked me cos i know modric was tottenham's best performer this season and that means he outperformed
lampard(2nd best midfielder in chelsea). modric even did better than mata according to opta!

Actually, I claimed that Lamps performance in no4 position under RDM trumps anything Modric produced, yet you went to pull the whole season stats which I was not commenting about. . . yet we still find there is minute difference in their stats. . . .

I will repeat again. . . Lampard played the no4 position in the last 3 months better than anything Modric can play in that position.

Lampard played 17 games in that position, winning 14, drawing 2 and losing 1 in that period with another losing game against Newcastle when he came on late. On the way, he won everything, being key to all Chelseas victories whilst in the same time Modric was busy taking Spurs from UCL to Europa league.

Yet you went to pull up stats I never commented about. . . and still there was little difference. . . except of course the glaring difference in goals scored and assists in Lampards favour.

And if you need further evidence see the 5-1 thrashing at Wembley where Modric was a waif in midfield.

Or like I said to Dyabs, see the various thrashing Modric has received from Yaya Toure, Cleverley, Rosicky et al this season.

I would leave you with ESPN verdict on ratings of players contribution to their side's season:

Luka Modric - 7

Redknapp claimed his side turned down a £40 million offer from Chelsea for Modric last summer, yet you suspect they would be tempted to take a similar cash windfall as the Croatian struggled horribly amid their end of season slump. Looking jaded and uninspired for the final third of the season, the midfielder who desperately wanted to leave Spurs last summer is likely to push for a move once more this time around.

Frank Lampard - 9.5

Many have tried to belittle Lampard throughout his career and yet the reality is that this 33-year-old should be hailed as the ultimate Chelsea hero. Leading scorer once more this season and a leading light once Andre Villas-Boas was given the chop, this all-time great was given his career-defining moment as he lifted the Champions League trophy in Munich

debosky: when push came to shove, Modric was unable to deliver. In the crucial games at the end of the season that would've guaranteed the Spuds CL footie, he choked, just like the rest of the team.

Contrast this to Lamps, who delivered killer passes at the business end of the season - in the FA Cup final, in the CL semi final. That is the true measure of player - consistent performances over the season AND an ability to deliver when the stakes are highest. Modric lacks the latter.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:49am On May 23, 2012
debosky: when push came to shove, Modric was unable to deliver. In the crucial games at the end of the season that would've guaranteed the Spuds CL footie, he choked, just like the rest of the team.

so you don't think team quality matters here? you are a disgrace to football punditry.
how much did antonio valencia deliver at wigan? can you explain the transformation immediately he
joined man utd?

in your moronic view, valencia consistently failed to deliver for wigan as they always hovered
in the relegation pool. 3 months after joining man utd, he became the best right winger in the division.
lemme guess. sir alex ferguson taught him how to cross, how to dribble, how to cop assists and how to score goals in just 3 months?

someone needs to offer your brain to the okija shrine. your brain keeps letting me down at crucial times.

some of you fools should not be allowed to discuss football on the internet.
if modric and lampard swap teams, modric would definitely have done better than lampard.
see mata for instance or see david silva. modric is tottenham's best performer this season, lampard isn't!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:50am On May 23, 2012
debosky: when push came to shove, Modric was unable to deliver. In the crucial games at the end of the season that would've guaranteed the Spuds CL footie, he choked.

And you know this how?
Can you kindly discuss how you've come to this conclusion?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:52am On May 23, 2012
nateevs:

And you know this how?
Can you prove how you've come to this conclusion?

don't mind the charlatan. lampard has mata, drogba, ramirez
as team mates. modric has adebayor and an inconsistent
gareth bale and off-form lennon as team mates and debosky
felt modric did not deliver.

if modric had a competent striker playing ahead, his number of
key passes should have guaranteed 20 assists last season.
he was that good but consistently let down by misfits.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2012
Hey Debosky said so, so it happened. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:06pm On May 23, 2012
coogar:
so you don't think team quality matters here? you are a disgrace to football punditry.
[quote author=coogar]

[quote author=coogar]
don't mind the charlatan. lampard has mata, drogba, ramirez
as team mates. modric has adebayor and an inconsistent
gareth bale and off-form lennon as team mates and debosky
felt modric did not deliver.

if modric had a competent striker playing ahead, his number of
key passes should have guaranteed 20 assists last season.
he was that good but consistently let down by misfits.

Guy, stop yarning opaks.

Chelsea would swap all their wingers for Lennon and Bale immediately!!!!

VDV and Mata is either or.

Adebayor produced FAR MORE than Shekpe keeper and DD who combined might not even threaten Adebayors figures. . . 18 goals and 12 assists in just 36 games.

Kyle Walker is far better than our right-back.

On all attacking indexes, every Chelsea fan would swap our attacking players for theirs.

Please dont talk about Valencia. Spurs is not Wigan!!!

Modric was let down by misfits?

Do you know how many times shekpe keeper has let down his suppliers? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:11pm On May 23, 2012
Ibime:
Actually, I claimed that Lamps performance in no4 position under RDM trumps anything Modric produced, yet you went to pull the whole season stats which I was not commenting about. . . yet we still find there is minute difference in their stats. . . .

modric was moved everywhere this season, he played in 5 different positions. he had more
excuses than lampard not to perform and yet he trumped fat frank.

I will repeat again. . . Lampard played the no4 position in the last 3 months better than anything Modric can play in that position.

berbatov's cameo appearance is better than anything van persie can play in that position.
the statement hardly proves anything. how can you cut n chop a players' performance into 3 months?

Lampard played 17 games in that position, winning 14, drawing 2 and losing 1 in that period with another losing game against Newcastle when he came on late. On the way, he won everything, being key to all Chelseas victories whilst in the same time Modric was busy taking Spurs from UCL to Europa league.

a team is made of 11 players. even messi's super intelligence
couldn't earn barcelona any major trophy in spain. should we then say drogba is
better than leo messi? if 10 other players are producing average performances, then
messi would be let down as well. it's as simple as that!

Yet you went to pull up stats I never commented about. . . and still there was little difference. . . except of course the glaring difference in goals scored and assists in Lampards favour.

little difference? except of course you have lost your ability to make comments on stats.
those differences aren't little and no matter how f@cked up villas-boas' tactics musta been,
it shouldn't have reduced pass completion stats of lampard or his average passes per match.

modric tackled more sensibly, made far more interceptions, took more shots per game,
and you are here ranting about little difference, lampard's stats in goals/assists are
hyped by his set-pieces. modric shares with adebayor, van der vaart, bale, walker, assou-ekotto.

And if you need further evidence see the 5-1 thrashing at Wembley where Modric was a waif in midfield.

crafted by the ghost goal mata claimed to have scored that didn't cross the line.

Or like I said to Dyabs, see the various thrashing Modric has received from Yaya Toure, Cleverley, Rosicky et al this season.

by the same token, see the various thrashing lampard received from carrick, yaya toure, mulumbu, gibson, charlie adam, arteta, joey barton, etc.

I would leave you with ESPN verdict on ratings of players contribution to their side's season:
Luka Modric - 7

Redknapp claimed his side turned down a £40 million offer from Chelsea for Modric last summer, yet you suspect they would be tempted to take a similar cash windfall as the Croatian struggled horribly amid their end of season slump. Looking jaded and uninspired for the final third of the season, the midfielder who desperately wanted to leave Spurs last summer is likely to push for a move once more this time around.

Frank Lampard - 9.5

Many have tried to belittle Lampard throughout his career and yet the reality is that this 33-year-old should be hailed as the ultimate Chelsea hero. Leading scorer once more this season and a leading light once Andre Villas-Boas was given the chop, this all-time great was given his career-defining moment as he lifted the Champions League trophy in Munich

espn is now the arbitrary medium to discern who has been better? you're a disgrace!

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (19804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Vischy and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.