Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,590 members, 7,926,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 09:10 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11088890 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (19803) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:08pm On May 27, 2012
nateevs:

I have seen you on your thread that you don't want Hazard.
In my opinion I believe Hazard is more than just an upgrade on Nani, Young and Valencia.

hazard better than nani? please don't make me laugh.
even nani of 2008 is better than hazard. na french hype...a bit like nasri!
what has he even done to justify the hype? i won't be fooled by his performance in the
french league.

I believe Hazard is a much more technically aware and intelligent capable of playing as a pure winger, an inside forward, or just behind the attack line.
He's got drive, vision, guile and close control (which is what I always desire in a player)

that's the point....any of nani, valencia, young and rooney can do the things
you typed above. you saw ashley young last night operating behind the lone striker
nani can do that, and valencia does that for his national team. hazard is talented no doubt
but his signing won't solve united's major problem in the midfield. we need an essien/keane
type of midfielder before considering hazard.

I really believe he will slot right into Utd. Despite all the drama surrounding him, I still will want him.
L'equipe are reporting a £100k per week wages. With the likes of Mata reportedly on £75k, I wonder what that will do to the balance of the wages structure. With Hazard though, I will acquire now and worry about that later.

chelsea should give him £35m on a 5 yr contract.....
where can i get a michael essien clone? de rossi? keane? yaya toure?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 7:17pm On May 27, 2012
hazard seems to b a a good player but he is not d kind of player united desperately need now(our problems r in central midfield).on d other hand chelsea's weaknesses are on d flanks and d fact dt there is really no good alternative to mata in d hole.so he would b a good fit for chelsea since he could solve both problems.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:28pm On May 27, 2012
hazard better than nani? please don't make me laugh.
even nani of 2008 is better than hazard. na french hype...a bit like nasri!
what has he even done to justify the hype? i won't be fooled by his performance in the
french league.

I won't get into the arguments of whether he's better than Nani cos I personally rate Nani.
A French hype? Perhaps. So will everyone who moves to a new club look.
Cabaye and Ben Arfa hail from the French league. It's not an automatic signal to feel deflated.
I guess we'll have to see him play in the PL to know what he's about.

He's 21. There's a lot of room for improvement.

that's the point....any of nani, valencia, young and rooney can do the things
you typed above. you saw ashley young last night operating behind the lone striker
nani can do that, and valencia does that for his national team. hazard is talented no doubt
but his signing won't solve united's major problem in the midfield. we need an essien/keane
type of midfielder before considering hazard.

Apart from the right back option that Valencia offers, I believe Hazard can offer the wing play of Nani, Valencia and Young, the close control of Nani and a better central midfield play than Rooney can muster. Anyways, I definitely will never want him to choose you.

Except Mata and Josh McEachran, there's no other Chelsea player who possesses the ability to deliver vertical passes 'consistently'. For a team that seeks to break down resolute defences, I believe quick one-twos off of vertical passes in the attacking third is one thing lacking in the Chelsea style attack and we need that with strong wing play to break down defences.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2012
thats why chelsea need him more than united.in summary of his talents he could be a winger(we have valencia,nani n young) or sorta support striker(we have rooney,young,nani).so we hav options dt may or may nt b as gud as he is(up for debate).on the other hand chelsea doesnt hav real wingers dt give width and only mata is suited to supporting d striker in d hole
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 27, 2012
nateevs:

Amazing isn't it? No arguments, no posts!

L'equipe are reporting that Hazard has chosen Chelsea and his agents are in london to sort out fine details of the deal.

We look up to elder statesmen like you to get the thread moving. wink

The Hazard gist has been on awhile.

Amazing what winning the CL can do.
A complete change in decision from joining either of the Manchester clubs to joining Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 27, 2012
afrodoc: thats why chelsea need him more than united.in summary of his talents he could be a winger(we have valencia,nani n young) or sorta support striker(we have rooney,young,nani).so we hav options dt may or may nt b as gud as he is(up for debate).on the other hand chelsea doesnt hav real wingers dt give width and only mata is suited to supporting d striker in d hole

You've hit the nail on the head.
We need him more than Utd or City does.

By the way, Nani hasn't being impressive in his last few games.
Something tells me we are seeing the end of Nani. Another over hyped show boy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 27, 2012
Still on the issue of manager, rumour has it that Capello is practically begging for a 1yr contract.
Thought this is the same Capello who denied any interest.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:04pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva:

You've hit the nail on the head.
We need him more than Utd or City does.

By the way, Nani hasn't being impressive in his last few games.
Something tells me we are seeing the end of Nani. Another over hyped show boy.

luiz nani?
you would see him at the euros next fortnight.....
compare his performance with cristiano in the first 3 games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 8:05pm On May 27, 2012
nani had a series of niggling injuries all year long and this zapped his his fitness n his confidence.i still believe he will be back to his best come next season,he is still in his mid 20s after all.as per capello BEGGING for a 1yr contract,i find dt hard to believe.he is capello he doesnt need to beg for a 1yr contract
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva:
We look up to elder statesmen like you to get the thread moving. wink

grin grin

I won't call Nani over-hyped.
I actually belong to the camp that believe that Nani is technically more gifted than C ROn.
Of course, this generates a lot of arguments. C ROn just has better mental strength in my opinion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:18pm On May 27, 2012
nateevs:

grin grin

I actually belong to the camp that believe that Nani is technically more gifted than C ROn.
Of course, this generates a lot of arguments. C ROn just has better mental strength in my opinion

ronaldo is just a powerful athlete. one of the best athletes in the game.
his sheer power, strength, durability is what really sets him apart.

nani(with his head screwed right) can be unplayable sometimes.
ronaldo is now a pure goal-scorer. he does nothing bar scoring goals these days.

i am not sure he can beat a marker like he used to when he was in england.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 27, 2012
My internet is acting up.
Nothing works in this damned country.

luiz nani?
you would see him at the euros next fortnight.....
compare his performance with cristiano in the first 3 games.

As a fan of CR7, i was also a fan of Nani.
Nani hasn't really lived up to his billing of being CR successor.

nani had a series of niggling injuries all year long and this zapped his his fitness n his confidence.i still believe he will be back to his best come next season,he is still in his mid 20s after all.as per capello BEGGING for a 1yr contract,i find dt hard to believe.he is capello he doesnt need to beg for a 1yr contract

Actually the English press has a way of exaggerating things.
I believer Capello still longs for England though.

Of course, this generates a lot of arguments. C ROn just has better mental strength in my opinion.

How? By showboating?
Nani is a very poor man's Ronaldo cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:31pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva: My internet is acting up.

How? By showboating?
Nani is a very poor man's Ronaldo cheesy

you have never seen portugal play with nani and ronaldo on the pitch.
that opportunity will avail itself soon...you would come back here n
lick your vomitus
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 27, 2012
you have never seen portugal play with nani and ronaldo on the pitch.
that opportunity will avail itself soon...you would come back here n
lick your vomitus

We shall see. I like Nani though.

Can't wait for the start of the Euros.
Who are you guys supporting?

I have a soft spot for Italy.
They always disappoint me though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 8:54pm On May 27, 2012
supported the netherlands in d 80s and early 90s cos of d dutch trio,and thats were i developed my dislike for d germans(remember rijkaard n voeller)
supported england n netherlands in 96.
supported france from 98 until zidane retired cheesy
now i'm nt sure.sitting on d fence but tilting towards d germans shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:18pm On May 27, 2012
afrodoc: supported the netherlands in d 80s and early 90s cos of d dutch trio,and thats were i developed my dislike for d germans(remember rijkaard n voeller)

The Netherlands for me. Always!
I have a little delight in seeing how the Germans set up and play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 9:22pm On May 27, 2012
i feel you.but this current dutch side is one of d least fluid in terms of buildup play i have ever seen esp when they play competitive matches.trying to shoehorn RVP and Huntelaar as well as VdV n Sneijder into d team all at d same time is not helping continuity of play,fluidity of passing e.t.c
i like this present germans for now cos their passing,pace of game n fluidity of movement is obvious.d spaniards r fluid too but a little to slow in their buildup for my liking
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 27, 2012
afrodoc: supported the netherlands in d 80s and early 90s cos of d dutch trio,and thats were i developed my dislike for d germans(remember rijkaard n voeller)

Was a big fan of Voller.
Was actually attracted to a young man with white hair. grin

nateevs:
The Netherlands for me. Always!
I have a little delight in seeing how the Germans set up and play.

I like them too but it's always disappointing seeing such a talented country achieving nothing, year in year out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:30pm On May 27, 2012
afrodoc: i feel you.but this current dutch side is one of d least fluid in terms of buildup play i have ever seen esp when they play competitive matches.trying to shoehorn RVP and Huntelaar as well as VdV n Sneijder into d team all at d same time is not helping continuity of play,fluidity of passing e.t.c
i like this present germans for now cos their passing,pace of game n fluidity of movement is obvious.d spaniards r fluid too but a little to slow in their buildup for my liking

True talk. The technical play and overall fluidity of he Dutch has diminished over the years. The never ending rumblings of good football vs winning football I believe, has given birth to the era of new Dutch managers like Van Basten who believe less in fluidity than solidity.

The injection of players like Nigel De Jong is testament to the drift in Dutch football. I was embarrassed at the way the Netherlands played Spain in the final of the WC.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 9:37pm On May 27, 2012
nateevs:

True talk. The technical play and overall fluidity of he Dutch has diminished over the years. This rumblings of good football vs winning football I believe, has given birth to the era of new Dutch managers like Van Basten who believe less in fluidity than solidity.

The injection of players like Nigel De Jong is testament to the drift in Dutch football. I was embarrassed at the way the Netherlands played Spain in the final of the WC.

it was very very disappointing,but not surprising.d earlier Brazil-Netherlands match which on paper should hv bin a blockbuster was a pointer to d changing times.
they need to decide on RVP or Huntelaar to start to be supported behind by EITHER VDV or Sneijder.then real width in robben n anoder wide man.then Van Bommel and a dynamic,technically adept passer as partner in midfield
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:39pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva:

We shall see. I like Nani though.

Can't wait for the start of the Euros.
Who are you guys supporting?

spain
portugal
england
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 27, 2012
How come epl fans ain't supporting England?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:44pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva: How come epl fans ain't supporting England?

without carrick, wilshere, cleverley and scholes....england are doomed!
there's no creative bone in the squad....the play would be so disjointed
it would be like watching iwanyanwu nationale against barcelona.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 27, 2012
coogar:

spain
portugal
england

Only you 3 teams?
So what if it's Spain vs Portugal?

You'll choose Spain i guess.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:48pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva:

Only you 3 teams?
So what if it's Spain vs Portugal?

You'll choose Spain i guess.

nani over pedro. nani is a red devil.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 27, 2012
coogar:

without carrick, wilshere, cleverley and scholes....england are doomed!
there's no creative bone in the squad....the play would be so disjointed
it would be like watching iwanyanwu nationale against barcelona.
Hodgson is clueless.
I'm not impressed with his selection so far.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 9:56pm On May 27, 2012
club support and country support r mutually exclusive to me.i have been a United fan for almost 20yrs so dts nt going to change soon.however national teams r a different matter.i support united from d heart but i support a national team from d head based on d quality n style of football dey play.though if there is a personal hero of mine(i mean a real icon) like van basten in d late 80s or zidane in d 2000s i might let my heart decide which country to support.right now no such hero exists(at least for me)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 9:57pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva:
Hodgson is clueless.
I'm not impressed with his selection so far.

he's a toad!
dunno what's wrong with england nowadays.
silly squad, rubbish shirt, nonsense management.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:07pm On May 27, 2012
AZZURIS........

BlueDiva:

In the Euros perharps should really be doing better but not in the world cup though.

Should really have won Euro 2000 plus Arrigo Saachi's stubborness cost us any hope we had of winning Euro 96
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 27, 2012
coogar:

he's a toad!
dunno what's wrong with england nowadays.
silly squad, rubbish shirt, nonsense management.....

LOL. . .I agree with you.
Not as whack as your gingham shirt for next season though.

afrodoc: club support and country support r mutually exclusive to me.i have been a United fan for almost 20yrs so dts nt going to change soon.however national teams r a different matter.i support united from d heart but i support a national team from d head based on d quality n style of football dey play.though if there is a personal hero of mine(i mean a real icon) like van basten in d late 80s or zidane in d 2000s i might let my heart decide which country to support.right now no such hero exists(at least for me)

Same here. Brazil is always my first choice though.
Since there isn't Brazil i'll go for Italy.

I have always admired Brazilian players from different generations.
From Junhino, Bebeto to Rivaldo to Ronaldo to Ronaldinho to kaka.

Unfortunately, i can't pick out anyone i greatly admire in the current Brazilian team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 27, 2012
chic2pimp: AZZURIS........

In the Euros perharps should really be doing better but not in the world cup though.

Should really have won Euro 2000 plus Arrigo Saachi's stubborness cost us any hope we had of winning Euro 96

Well, even though Italy won the 2006 WC i really didn't feel they deserved it.
Honestly, the Italian team of recent times haven't really impressed me.

Italy deserved that Euro 2000, i was so impressed with that team.

Is Del Piero going to the Euros?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:19pm On May 27, 2012
chic2pimp: AZZURIS........

With the way Italy were played off the park in the Semi's they could have gone 4 down easily.
That game, till date, is one of the most one sided football games I have ever seen.
Kluivert, Cocu, Bergkamp running riots on the Azzuris like no tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (19803) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Semenyakenso, bandely(m), askit(f), Ihebu4chelsea(m), larride(m), Segedinho(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.