Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,550 members, 7,895,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10917292 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:42pm On May 24, 2012
BlueDiva:

Chelsea management are just clueless.
Buck, Gourlay and co are simly daft.

It's the result of

1. Having average players on huge wages. If the Club decides to part ways with Malouda, unless someone is willing to offer him £100,000 a week, he is going nowhere.

2. Letting players run down until there's little juice in them before we move them on. If we had endeavoured to move Essien on 2 years ago before his 3rd major knee surgery, we could easily have got £20m for him + saved wages running into almost £10m over 2 years. Imagine Paulo on £80k not kicking a ball.

I do not believe the story of extending their deals though. However, I will not be surprised if we cannot move them on. The truth is no-one will buy them with their current wages. Unless they (the players)take a wage cut.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 12:44pm On May 24, 2012
To transfer news and Didier Drogba has been offered a two-year £80,000-a-week deal by Juventus. The Ivory Coast star is still expected to go to China, but Juve hope they can tempt him with top-flight football and a £10m signing bonus. (The Sun)

Chelsea have released two more of their Champions League-winning team, with Jose Bosingwa and Salomon Kalou told to find fresh employment. Florent Malouda, Michael Essien and Paulo Ferreira, who each have one year remaining at Stamford Bridge, will be invited for new contract talks over the summer, although there is no guarantee that they will stay. Frank Lampard, the other player with 12 months to go, is expected to agree a new deal. (The Guardian)

Meanwhile, the Blues have added CSKA Moscow striker Seydou Doumbia to their list of targets. The Ivory Coast star, 24, is valued at around £26m. (Daily Mail
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:21pm On May 24, 2012
The Chelsea way! Scouting, bidding, negotiations, all without a manager in place.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:43pm On May 24, 2012
nateevs: The Chelsea way! Scouting, bidding, negotiations, all without a manager in place.

i have another gift for you.....what's your email again?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 1:46pm On May 24, 2012
Doumbia valued at £26m? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only Chelski will be offered such a valuation.

Maga wan pay (yet again). grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:53pm On May 24, 2012
coogar:

i have another gift for you.....what's your email again?

nateevs@yahoo.com
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2012
debosky:

Only Chelski will be offered such a valuation and then go and win the UCL

Fixed for you Debo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:55pm On May 24, 2012
BlueDiva:

Chelsea management are just clueless.
Buck, Gourlay and co are simly daft.

The mugu Gourlay open his gap teeth yesterday to say that you cannot fault Chelsea's model of hiring and firing cos its brought success.

The mugu thinks that is the reason for success, not knowing that anything this squad have done since JM left is inspite of their stupid policy, not because of it.

Chelsea is the only club that stack the team with dead players for 5 years, then expect that changing manager is the golden bullet.

Other teams back the manager and allow the manager to make the signings.

Kai, I so remember when eediot Peter Kenyon gave Ferreira 5 year contract in summer 2006. We didnt have a manager back then but mumu Kenyon thought he knew better than any football manager.

And our brother Emenalo has joined them in their foolishness.

debosky: Doumbia valued at £26m? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Considering the kind of cash being offered for unproven players, Seydou Doumbia actually merits such valuation. I would never sign him though cos he looks like a nigga with VAT on his football age.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2012
nateevs: The Chelsea way! Scouting, bidding, negotiations, all without a manager in place.

Of course you know why RA likes having no manager around this time of year. Its his chance to play Football Manager without being questioned by anyone.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2012
nateevs:

Fixed for you Debo.

Were you offered Doumbia before May 19th? grin

It's either that or you've started having wild dreams again, like those of AVB winning trophies for Chelski. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2012
Ibime:

Of course you know why RA likes having no manager around this time of year. Its his chance to play Football Manager without being questioned by anyone.

You would think that now that he's won the CL.
He'll take a back seat and allow the professionals do the job.

It looks like Roman's into overdrive.

Talking technical matters, I once read a piece that says Emanalo, the technical team and Roman are working on establishing the team to work around a 4-2-1-3 and 4-3-3 formation with players not older than 25. As such, they are going out there scouting and buying first team, squad and youth players based on this set-up. Any manager hired will be willing to work with this frame work as do the youth coaches already. (The youth team in set up around 4-2-1-3/4-3-3 formation).

The article also mentioned the shift to shrewd signings, and this is the part you won't like, the framework was was started by AVB. grin grin (|Don't murder me please, it's what I read).

I think they are trying to establish a philosophy. The problem is, it's the wrong people making the footballing decisions.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 2:06pm On May 24, 2012
debosky: Doumbia valued at £26m? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Maga dey pay and dey win cups!

Prefer that to the maga at the Emirates wey dey build players for clubs to win cups!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 2:08pm On May 24, 2012
nateevs:

Apparently, he wants 5 more CL!

When you are that rich, your eccentricity becomes more evident when challenges becomes reduced!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:14pm On May 24, 2012
nateevs:

nateevs@yahoo.com

check your email!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:15pm On May 24, 2012
dare2think:

Apparently, he wants 5 more CL!

When you are that rich, your eccentricity becomes more evident when challenges becomes reduced!

Why not? We love it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:18pm On May 24, 2012
coogar:

check your email!

Champ! Nice one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:35pm On May 24, 2012
nateevs:
Talking technical matters, I once read a piece that says Emanalo, the technical team and Roman are working on establishing the team to work around a 4-2-1-3 and 4-3-3 formation with players not older than 25. As such, they are going out there scouting and buying first team, squad and youth players based on this set-up. Any manager hired will be willing to work with this frame work as do the youth coaches already. (The youth team in set up around 4-2-1-3/4-3-3 formation).

The article also mentioned the shift to shrewd signings, and this is the part you won't like, the framework was was started by AVB. grin grin (|Don't murder me please, it's what I read).

I think they are trying to establish a philosophy. The problem is, it's the wrong people making the footballing decisions.

Footballing nonentities cannot establish a philosophy any more than an engineer can write a medical journal.

Emenalo and other nonentities should keep writing their tactical documents. They sound like Nigerian politicians who state the obvious but never deliver. Maybe they would soon sign MOU on the type of players they want to buy. All these generic policy documents that even a 7 year old boy can write. . . its all common sense. . . yet when Roman has a fit of madness and spends £70m on a player who doesnt fit in to their so-called "strategy", Emenalo and Gourlay will still come back and find a tactical excuse for it. . .

Emenalo went and did analysis on all of Torres goals at Liverpool, and wrote report for Abramovic that 72% of them(or whatever) came from certain kind of counterattack, and Chelsea need to play that way. Yet when Chelsea play counter-attack footie, and Abramovic ask why Chelsea is playing on counter-attack and not dominating possession, Emenalo would agree that the manager is not delivering the right style of footie.

Emenalo na Igbo man. He knows that you have to stroke a Billionaires ego to keep your job, and will continue to give tactical coverage to any of Abramovic's stupid decisions, because nobody wants to go back to coaching girl's football in America.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 24, 2012
nateevs:

You would think that now that he's won the CL.
He'll take a back seat and allow the professionals do the job.

This is the problem with billionaires.
They think everything should be run like a business.

Roman has no business interfering with the team and team management.
The only time he can come in is to fire a manager who isn't meeting his goals.

Wetin concern businessman with squad and team formation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2012
You see, its like am psychic. Last season I recommended Chelsea sign Axel Witsel or Steve Defour, then Benfica signed Witsel, now Chelsea are chasing him for £25. . .

Its like just a few hours ago, I was talking about Chelsea needing to sign Ola John. . . . now check the breaking news. . .

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/05/24/3124691/official-benfica-sign-ola-john-from-twente

[size=14pt]Official: Benfica sign Ola John from Twente[/size]

Benfica have announced on their official website that they have completed the signing of Twente winger Ola John.

The 20-year-old attacker has signed a five-year contract with Benfica, with a €45 million (£36m) release clause written into the deal.

The exact transfer fee has not been announced by either club, but Portuguese sources claim John has cost Benfica €9m (£7.2m).

It is believed that John caught the eye of Benfica during the Champions League play-off round between the two clubs, which the Portuguese giants won 5-3 on aggregate.

John, who broke into Twente's first team in 2010, had been included in the Netherlands' Euro 2012 provisional 36-man squad, but was one of the nine players who were removed by coach Bert van Marwijk earlier in May.

He has become the second summer signing made by Benfica, following in the footsteps of Gil Vicente's Hugo Vieira.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:37pm On May 24, 2012
BlueDiva:

This is the problem with billionaires.
They think everything should be run like a business.

Roman has no business interfering with the team and team management.
The only time he can come in is to fire a manager who isn't meeting his goals.

Wetin concern businessman with squad and team formation.

after spending more than £1 billion? he has no right interfering?
if the managers had given him what he wanted in the first 3 yrs, he
wouldn't have been interested.....but he had to wait almost 10 yrs
to get the holy grail.....if you spend 1 million naira(not pounds, not billion)
on a project, you won't oversee it? grin

the glazers don't interfere with man utd because they have not spent 1 kobo
on the squad. they are even stealing from man utd.......so don't compare.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 11:26pm On May 24, 2012
Interesting stories undecided undecided undecided, evrybody jst dey yan der own, even bad belle ppl stil dey talk, mtcheeew, make dm buy players 5 players wort 40million each, spend big nd win big grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 11:33pm On May 24, 2012
Wait o, did i hear sumbody say paulo ferraira or bently or even bugati dey collect 80k per week 4 chelsea FC shocked shocked shocked shocked,,,,, na wa o dis otu player dey collect moni pass bale nd im stil dey worm bench, nd dm 1 even offer d mumu boi anoda contract, wat a waste of cash, even mumuda self 1 sign anoda contract, dis mumuda knw gt sense @ all, instead make im find im way cumot 4 chelsea, im 1 stil worm bench nxt season again undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2012
Ibime: You see, its like am psychic. Last season I recommended Chelsea sign Axel Witsel or Steve Defour, then Benfica signed Witsel, now Chelsea are chasing him for £25. . .

Its like just a few hours ago, I was talking about Chelsea needing to sign Ola John. . . . now check the breaking news. . .

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/05/24/3124691/official-benfica-sign-ola-john-from-twente

[size=14pt]Official: Benfica sign Ola John from Twente[/size]

Benfica have announced on their official website that they have completed the signing of Twente winger Ola John.

The 20-year-old attacker has signed a five-year contract with Benfica, with a €45 million (£36m) release clause written into the deal.

The exact transfer fee has not been announced by either club, but Portuguese sources claim John has cost Benfica €9m (£7.2m).

It is believed that John caught the eye of Benfica during the Champions League play-off round between the two clubs, which the Portuguese giants won 5-3 on aggregate.

John, who broke into Twente's first team in 2010, had been included in the Netherlands' Euro 2012 provisional 36-man squad, but was one of the nine players who were removed by coach Bert van Marwijk earlier in May.

He has become the second summer signing made by Benfica, following in the footsteps of Gil Vicente's Hugo Vieira.

this is sad news...but i hardly think Chelsea were serious with him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2012
and that Moura guy...is too damn expensive for someone who isnt 20 yet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 9:32am On May 25, 2012
hulk wants to hand in a transfer request to facilitate a potential move to Chelsea.

But a 40m price tag is quite much.I'd pay 27m.

We need a strong player like him though!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:38am On May 25, 2012
Silly to buy players without a manager in place, well except if they have decided on RdM.
Either ways,good news is that RA is still very much interested inthe Club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 11:43am On May 25, 2012
Some news; Pep now open to offers afterall...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 1:31pm On May 25, 2012
^^^
he needs seduction first before any move.. silly him , what kind of offer does RDM wants ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:44am On May 27, 2012
The Champions thread has been so quiet and almost disappearing into 2nd page.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva: The Champions thread has been so quiet and almost disappearing into 2nd page.

Amazing isn't it? No arguments, no posts!

L'equipe are reporting that Hazard has chosen Chelsea and his agents are in london to sort out fine details of the deal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:56pm On May 27, 2012
nateevs:

Amazing isn't it? No arguments, no posts!
L'equipe are reporting that Hazard has chosen Chelsea and his agents are in london to sort out fine details of the deal.

i hope this is true.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:01pm On May 27, 2012
coogar:

i hope this is true.....

I have seen on your thread that you don't want Hazard.
In my opinion I believe Hazard is more than just an upgrade on Nani, Young and Valencia.

I believe Hazard is a much more technically aware and intelligent. He's capable of playing as a pure winger, an inside forward, or just behind the attack line. He's got drive, vision, guile and close control (which is what I always desire in a player)

I really believe he will slot right into Utd. Despite all the drama surrounding him, I still will want him.
L'equipe are reporting a £100k per week wages. With the likes of Mata reportedly on £75k, I wonder what that will do to the balance of the wages structure. With Hazard though, I will acquire now and worry about that later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.