Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,550 members, 7,895,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 05:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10917292 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (19679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 2:13am On May 29, 2012
He's a good player, just 22yrs, whatever the case may be next season, we need a large squad so that we can compete in all available trophies

i was following the twitter thing all day yesterday, when Louis Saha said '' i think hazard will be joining chelsea'' i had a drink , few hours he said '' he is not sure that only Hazard and Lille knows where he will be next season'' i almost vomited, but at last hes here and it will be disastrous for us not to win any trophy next season because we are spending big again. .
--------------------Torres

Hulk---------------------- Mata/Hazard-------------------- Marko/Ramirez

Lampard/Merieles------------------------ Mikel/Essien/romeu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:13am On May 29, 2012
So Torres is going to be the main striker next season.
Can we put our season in this guys hands?

Thank God the Euros are coming up, an opportunity to assess his play.
As per Hazard, i just saw his stats for last season, Goals 20 Assist 16. Now that's a player we need!
I just pray he doesn't come over after all the hype and do a 'dud' on us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 3:57am On May 29, 2012
No worries for Torres , he has promised, vowed that he will shine and do his best not by assist but goals..

check this out from chelsea official thread from ratus ratus

-------------PC--------------
--RB?--CAHILL--TERRY--COLE---
-----RAMIRES-------KDB-------
--HAZARD-----MATA------HULK--
------------NANDO------------

Other Squad Members:- Lukaku,Kakuta,PIAZON,BERTRAND,MARIN, CHALOBAH, ROMEU, MERILES, LUIZ, HUTCHINSON,TURNBUL,HILARIO, TODD CANE & LAMPARD

Chelsea are a hazardous team and it doesn't mata who they face.... #

i like it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 7:31am On May 29, 2012
dyabman: No worries for Torres , he has promised, vowed that he will shine and do his best not by assist but goals..

check this out from chelsea official thread from ratus ratus

-------------PC--------------
--RB?--CAHILL--TERRY--COLE---
-----RAMIRES-------KDB-------
--HAZARD-----MATA------HULK--
------------NANDO------------

Other Squad Members:- Lukaku,Kakuta,PIAZON,BERTRAND,MARIN, CHALOBAH, ROMEU, MERILES, LUIZ, HUTCHINSON,TURNBUL,HILARIO, TODD CANE & LAMPARD

Chelsea are a hazardous team and it doesn't mata who they face.... #

i like it

This your line-up na wa ooo. Behind that four, KDB co-anchoring with Ramirez again. Isn't this an over-kill?!! Haba, who offend us nah?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 8:17am On May 29, 2012
just checked ChelseaFC.com and i didnt see any confirmation on the Hazard signing...

but i am hoping its true
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:47am On May 29, 2012
We have Our man in Hazard {Def a Wing Wizrd} and Next for Grabs got to be Moura {Gosh that Kid is Damn Skillful}. . . HEY! Cech Just Signed a 4yrs Deal -- Courtious Got to be Sad i Guess cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 9:42am On May 29, 2012
Dont really like his childish antics, it makes me really wonder if he has a strong, mature mental capabilities!

But the hazard dude's playing prospects excites me.

The playmaker, who made his Lille debut as a 16-year-old in November 2007, has been capped 26 times for the Belgian national side.

He was also named 2012 Player of the Year in France, becoming only the second player in French football history to win the accolade two years running - this came after picking up back-to-back Young Player of the Year awards in 2009 and 2010.

Strurridge really has a lot to worry about!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2012
dare2think: Dont really like his childish antics, it makes me really wonder if he has a strong, mature mental capabilities!

But the hazard dude's playing prospects excites me.

The playmaker, who made his Lille debut as a 16-year-old in November 2007, has been capped 26 times for the Belgian national side.

He was also named 2012 Player of the Year in France, becoming only the second player in French football history to win the accolade two years running - this came after picking up back-to-back Young Player of the Year awards in 2009 and 2010.

Strurridge really has a lot to worry about!

I quite like the idea of Sturridge having things to worry about.
Danny is a very talented player I will not want to let the opposition have.
To have Danny worried is to have him fired up. I love talented fired up players.

More importantly, I like the fact that our forward line is really evolving.
Marin, Mata, Hazard, Hulk (possibly), Sturridge, Torres, Kakuta, are all technically sound players that can all play more than two positions across the forward line.

Tactical flexibility. The next manager has no excuse.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:34am On May 29, 2012
Since we are in the business of singing Belgians, I am hoping we can sign Kevin Mirallas as a replacement for Kalou.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 29, 2012
Happy birthday RDM.
You will forever be remembered at CFC.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2012
nateevs: Since we are in the business of singing Belgians, I am hoping we can sign Kevin Mirallas as a replacement for Kalou.

Abeg. . . Mirallas is Odemwingie's junior at Lille

nateevs:
The next manager has no excuse.

You'll be in for a shocker.

Without a target man upfront, the midfielders may labour in vain.

The target man's role is very tactical. SHAPE KEEPING was what Didier Drogba did best i.e making the ball stick upfront.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 5:59pm On May 29, 2012
Like i said earlier, all premeirship defenders ar in big troubles.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2012
Ibime:

Abeg. . . Mirallas is Odemwingie's junior at Lille

You'll be in for a shocker.

Without a target man upfront, the midfielders may labour in vain.

The target man's role is very tactical. SHAPE KEEPING was what Didier Drogba did best i.e making the ball stick upfront.

Not when you have a midfield and forward line that includes Mata, Hulk, Hazard, Marin, Torres, Lukaku.
I am not the dispelling the tactical importance of a target man however, if the tactical set-up is right, the team can score an unprecedented amount of goals from corner-kicks, free kicks, penalties (because they keep forcing defenders into errors in the box), long range shots. With the right type of players, it's very possible. Now a target man, I very much will want. If you ask me, I will approach Atleti and attempt a Torres swap + £20m for Falcao. However, I will prefer my team to have the capabilities of setting up and winning without a target man - we'll become tactically unpredictable as anyone can play anywhere.

That said, one thing I tried to explain about players being able to play different roles means that Hulk can play across the front line. ulk can play as a target man and I believe it's one of the reasons we are buying him. My point is, it will cost a lot of money (if we cannot offload Torres) to buy a striker that can adequately replace Drogba. For FFP sake, after shelling money out on Hazard, Hulk, possibly a RB and another CM, it'll cost a fortune trying to find a striker.

We are building a team that 'could' increase the number of chance created by up to 3 times. Torres will find his feet. If not, Lukaku will. If not, Hulk will and there's still Patrick Bamford who can do a job. I do not believe there is a pressing need to buy a target man.

--------------------------------------------

Regarding Mirallas, mate, just confess you have not been following him at Olympiakos. Plus I have asked him to replace Kalou not to come and create all the chances. He's definitely head and shoulders above Kalou.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 7:00pm On May 29, 2012
#gbam undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:13pm On May 29, 2012
nateevs:

Not when you have a midfield and forward line that includes Mata, Hulk, Hazard, Marin, Torres, Lukaku.
I am not the dispelling the tactical importance of a target man however, if the tactical set-up is right, the team can score an unprecedented amount of goals from corner-kicks, free kicks, penalties (because they keep forcing defenders into errors in the box), long range shots. With the right type of players, it's very possible. Now a target man, I very much will want. If you ask me, I will approach Atleti and attempt a Torres swap + £20m for Falcao. However, I will prefer my team to have the capabilities of setting up and winning without a target man - we'll become tactically unpredictable as anyone can play anywhere.

That said, one thing I tried to explain about players being able to play different roles means that Hulk can play across the front line. ulk can play as a target man and I believe it's one of the reasons we are buying him. My point is, it will cost a lot of money (if we cannot offload Torres) to buy a striker that can adequately replace Drogba. For FFP sake, after shelling money out on Hazard, Hulk, possibly a RB and another CM, it'll cost a fortune trying to find a striker.

We are building a team that 'could' increase the number of chance created by up to 3 times. Torres will find his feet. If not, Lukaku will. If not, Hulk will and there's still Patrick Bamford who can do a job. I do not believe there is a pressing need to buy a target man.

--------------------------------------------

Regarding Mirallas, mate, just confess you have not been following him at Olympiakos. Plus I have asked him to replace Kalou not to come and create all the chances. He's definitely head and shoulders above Kalou.

I dont need to follow Mirallas in Greece. For God's sake, Djibril Cisse is the King of Greece. Ill start following him when he starts doing it in a decent league.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the other point, Im quite skeptical unless I see Hulk at Chelsea.

Physicality is EXTREMELY underrated in football.

Torres inability to play with back to goal is a serious deficiency which DOES NOT lead to more tactical options, because the only way to play would be through passes down the side.

A target man need not be big or tall. He can be small (eg Falcao, even Messi) as long as he has a low centre of gravity and can protect balls played into his feet with his back to goal. This is what the midfield builds off, and the reason why Torres is not a good SHAPE KEEPER. Torres cannot do this at all which cocoons the team into playing balls down the side only.

Talking of winning corners etc by playing possession footie, I hope it's clear that possession footie requires exactly the kind of target man I am speaking about who can protect the ball in tight areas. Emenalo produce report telling RA that Torres can only score on couner-attack. . . thats why I said the midfield may LABOUR IN VAIN, only to see their passes wasted at the feet of Torres. . . as you know, you cannot play through pass in a packed defence.

This is doubled up by the fact that Terry cannot play high-line of defence, (also JOHN OBI MIKEL)hence my statement earlier that certain style of footie (where we camp in opponents half) may not work until Terry leaves Chelsea. Combined with Torres inability to play in packed penalty areas, it will take a WILY MANAGER to MEET EXPECTATIONS that come with these new signings and new era, hence when you claimed that the next manager has no excuse, I said YOU'LL BE IN FOR A SHOCKER!

I like players with BODY. . . like I said, STRENGTH IS UNDERRATED, hence I would have liked to see skillful but STRONG players at Chelsea such as Ola John, HULK and SILVESTRE VARELA who are ADAPTABLE because should Chelsea go through A CRISIS when we dominate games and lose 1-0 to counterattack (we have had such crises with Scolari, Ancelotti and AVB), we are often forced to change our style of play back to counterattack at which point overload of WEAK players such as Mata, Marin and Hazard becomes counterproductive. . . so infact< I do not believe tactical options have increased that much.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2012
Good points raised about strikers playing with their backs to goal. That exactly is why I believe we are signing the likes of Hulk and perhaps keeping Lukaku.

If Emenalo and the technical team was not thinking about options of play, we won't be signing the likes of Lukaku and Bamford who are, although not proven yet, able to play with their back to goal. With that, we still buy the smallish ilk of Islam Feruz. Let's not also forget that even Sturridge, if he can get his acts together can play CF. I really believe they are doing a good job.

We are not doing away with strength hence why the likes of Malouda, Essien and Ramires and being held on to. We might need to grind out a result at some point. Throw Ramires on the right, Malouda on the left and Lukaku in the middle. Football will be very ugly but we could get a result. Also I do not believe Hazard is weak.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2012
U guys ar suppose 2 b chelsea scout undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 9:30pm On May 29, 2012
Eden Hazard wants the Chelsea no 10 shirt, but as you all know, it is been worn by Juan Mata. What will happen.
Secondly, Drogba's no 11 shirt is vacant, who gets it?.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2012
nateevs: Good points raised about strikers playing with their backs to goal. That exactly is why I believe we are signing the likes of Hulk and perhaps keeping Lukaku.

If Emenalo and the technical team was not thinking about options of play, we won't be signing the likes of Lukaku and Bamford who are, although not proven yet, able to play with their back to goal. With that, we still buy the smallish ilk of Islam Feruz.

We are not doing away with strength hence why the likes of Malouda, Essien and Ramires and being held on to. We might need to grind out a result at some point. Throw Ramires on the right, Malouda on the left and Lukaku in the middle. Football will be very ugly but we could get a result. Also I do not believe Hazard is weak.

Malouda and Essien lost their physical vitality a long time ago.

I believe Chelsea can carry Mata and Hazard physically, but not Torres as well. The centre-forward should be able to carry his physically-challenged playmakers by holding up the play and not immediately forcing them to go chasing the ball.

I believe two of your 4 forward players can be small (eg Goetze and Kagawa - although still tenacious in pressing high up which Mata and Hazard can do) but the other two should be strong (eg Grosskeutz and Lewandowski) to fill in the gaps when we lose the ball. If we have 3 or 4 weak forwards, that puts too much pressure on just 6 players to carry the team defensively. Hulk upfront is strong, but Hulks strength on the wing means nothing as he wont like dropping back to fill in for Mata and Hazard. Any wise manager would let Chelsea have the ball, then make use of overlapping full-backs (who Hulk, Mata, Marin and Hazard wont chase) to penetrate Chelsea.

Ramires is a good option to balance this effect however Ramires is a counterattack-only player and would not blend if these guys try to play football in the opponents half. Methinks Roman and Emenalo are making signings with the mind that Ramires will be one of the two central midfielders. They'll be in for a big surprise to find that the practicalities of keeping the team-shape solid may force the new manager to play Ramires as a winger to balance the weakness of Hazard and Mata, and for the simple reason that Ramires is poor in central midfield play.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:33pm On May 29, 2012
Andre Uweh: Eden Hazard wants the Chelsea no 10 shirt, but as you all know, it is been worn by Juan Mata. What will happen.
Secondly, Drogba's no 11 shirt is vacant, who gets it?.

eden hazard wants chelsea's no 10 position. playing just behind the
centre-forward. he cannot demand the number 10 shirt.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 11:04pm On May 29, 2012
coogar:

eden hazard wants chelsea's no 10 position. playing just behind the
centre-forward. he cannot demand the number 10 shirt.
Thanks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 7:15am On May 30, 2012
@cogar, nt jersey, its position, dats is main position grin grin grin, all premeirship defender ar in trouble
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:14am On May 30, 2012
We are watching...meanwhile, Emenalo and Co. can continue plotting the graph.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by naraya: 11:35am On May 30, 2012
malizen: UP!!! up!!chelsea.What an incredible feat by chelsea fc for the first time lifting FA cup and becoming euro champions. I doff my cap for them.What a massive support!The uproar during the match in the streets of Lagos,one would think Nigeria was playing a world cup match.Never .All for fun .I guess I would be able to cash in on this and earn money like the boys are doing ,as we watch them for the fun of it.Can anybody help me out there[size=10pt][? Reach me by this post
Yes malizen it is very possible to make money while watching your favorite club side play or any euro matches.I have done it and I do it all the time on daily bases.You can make up to $100 to $6oo us dollars a day .You can contact me through text massage only on this no ...08032110527 and I will give you a free report on how to go about it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sensisosu: 1:54pm On May 30, 2012
welcome to chelsea Givanildo V. Souza. A.K.A Incredible Hulk..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:25pm On May 30, 2012
It will be a huge cultural change, especially for some of the players who came to rely on the ball sticking to Drogba in times of trouble.

The talk at the training ground is of ‘switch back’, a tactical trap that will be set next season for opposition defences.

They intend to draw the opposition away from their own penalty area, pushing up towards the halfway line before Hazard, Juan Mata or former Werder Bremen winger Marko Marin releases Torres for a one-on-one through on goal.

It is a system that will be borrowed from Liverpool after a study of Torres’s goals revealed that 56 of his 81 strikes for the club were scored in similar circumstances.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151724/Roman-Abramovich-rebuilding-Chelsea-Pep-Guardiolas-arrival--Neil-Ashton.html#ixzz1wMIcLXg8

Na "switch back" wey Emenalo dey use deceive Oyinbo people? grin grin

Igbo man want yahoo Abramovic with monkey post moves. grin

So Chelsea's whole raison d'etre from now on will be a limited narrow approach which limits tactical options and never won any trophy for Liverpool?

I thought a sensible director should be looking at succeeeding from all angles, not shoehorning Chelsea into untried, untested and narrow one-dimensional style of play called "Switchback".

I hope SWITCHBACK will not become as infamous as SHEKPE KEEPING!!! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:30pm On May 30, 2012
Ibime: It will be a huge cultural change, especially for some of the players who came to rely on the ball sticking to Drogba in times of trouble.

The talk at the training ground is of ‘switch back’, a tactical trap that will be set next season for opposition defences.

They intend to draw the opposition away from their own penalty area, pushing up towards the halfway line before Hazard, Juan Mata or former Werder Bremen winger Marko Marin releases Torres for a one-on-one through on goal.

It is a system that will be borrowed from Liverpool after a study of Torres’s goals revealed that 56 of his 81 strikes for the club were scored in similar circumstances.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151724/Roman-Abramovich-rebuilding-Chelsea-Pep-Guardiolas-arrival--Neil-Ashton.html#ixzz1wMIcLXg8

Na "switch back" wey Emenalo dey use deceive Oyinbo people? grin grin

Igbo man want yahoo Abramovic with monkey post moves. grin

So Chelsea's whole raison d'etre from now on will be a limited narrow approach which limits tactical options and never won any trophy for Liverpool.

I thought a sensible director should be looking at succeeeding from all angles, not shoehorning Chelsea into untried, untested and narrow one-dimensional style of play called "Switchback".

I hope SWITCHBACK will not become as infamous as SHEKPE KEEPING!!! cheesy

that's what i have been clamouring for 12 months now.
the aim is to bring out the best of torres....if you spend £50m on a striker, common
sense dictates the team should be built around him. torres works better when he's put
through one on one with goalie......that was how he sealed barca's fate @ camp nou!

emenalo reads nairaland - i have just confirmed that now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On May 30, 2012
coogar:

that's what i have been clamouring for 12 months now.
the aim is to bring out the best of torres....if you spend £50m on a striker, common
sense dictates the team should be built around him. torres works better when he's put
through one on one with goalie......that was how he sealed barca's fate @ camp nou!

emenalo reads nairaland - i have just confirmed that now.

So he bought Hazard, Marin and Mata to "defend on the halfway line whilst waiting for opportunity to put Torres clear through"?

I hope the defensively weak Mata, Hazard and Marin will not concede three goals whilst waiting for such opportunity to materialise. grin

Emenalo should continue plotting the graph (c) FBS, all I know is that Hazard, Mata, Marin and such are gonna play their footie in the opposition half, not "switchback" grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 2:46pm On May 30, 2012
Ibime:
So he bought Hazard, Marin and Mata to "defend on the halfway line whilst waiting for opportunity to put Torres clear through"?

yes....it's called counter-attacking.
united murdered mourinho in 06/07 using exactly that with rooney/ronaldo.
benitez's liverpool were only 4 points short of united in 08/09 with the same tactics

I hope the defensively weak Mata, Hazard and Marin will not concede three goals whilst waiting for such opportunity to materialise. grin

as long as you have 6 outfield players who are defensively minded, it does not matter what
the front four do. the key is having 2 deep-lying midfielders in mikel and lampard to screen the defence.
benitez used xabi alonso and javier mascherano and the front four was torres, gerrard, kuyt and riera/maxi.

Emenalo should continue plotting the graph (c) FBS, all I know is that Hazard, Mata, Marin and such are gonna play their footie in the opposition half, not "switchback" grin

there's no guarantee marin would even be starting.....hulk's deal is imminent
and you cannot say ramirez shies away from throwing tackles. it's the only way
chelsea can go if torres is going to be the arrow-head. fernando can only score
that way......just like michael owen!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:00pm On May 30, 2012
Ibime:

Why do you believe the story anyway?
You need to stop this glorifying these idiots that assume everything and just write to sell stories.
You cannot just swallow hook, line and sinker.
It's the flipping Daily Mail for pete's sake.

The writer is talking a tactic he heard about in Chelsea now "empty" training ground.
A tactic that intends to integrate the likes of "Hazard" whose only affiliation to Chelsea at this moment is via a single sentence on Twitter and "Marin" who is yet to be unveiled by the club as a signing.

Then you go on and abuse your own people. Exactly what they want you to do.
Emenalo may not be a high profile technical instructor/analyst, he may not look and talk the part, he also may not be as stupid as you always make him out to be.

There's a reason why he heads the Chelsea world-wide scouting network.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:06pm On May 30, 2012
i read hulk's deal is 90% complete.
chelsea are lining up another £40m to get the incredible hulk!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:16pm On May 30, 2012
nateevs:

Why do you believe the story anyway?
You need to stop this glorifying these idiots that assume everything and just write to sell stories.
You cannot just swallow hook, line and sinker.
It's the flipping Daily Mail for pete's sake.

The writer is talking a tactic he heard about in Chelsea now "empty" training ground.
A tactic that intends to integrate the likes of "Hazard" whose only affiliation to Chelsea at this moment is via a single sentence on Twitter and "Marin" who is yet to be unveiled by the club as a signing.

Then you go on and abuse your own people. Exactly what they want you to do.
Emenalo may not be a high profile technical instructor/analyst, he may not look and talk the part, he also may not be as stupid as you always make him out to be.

There's a reason why he heads the Chelsea world-wide scouting network.

A man can be said to be wise, yet in all his wisdom he labours in vain.

Obama is wise, yet using wise and logical arguments to argue for gay marriage - foolishness unto God and a LABOUR IN VAIN!

Emenalo is wise, yet planning Chelsea's season with no manager on ground and deliberately putting off appointing a manager so they get free rein to play fantasy football - A LABOUR IN VAIN!

Emenalo is wise, yet sanctioned Torres overbloated signing and now providing tactical cover for Abramovic's pet project, then signing tiki-taka players and promoting counterattack footie (with tiki-taka players) - A LABOUR IN VAIN.

This is not just DM hearsay. Its been over a month since I read the report where Emenalo told RA that 70% of Torres goals come from counterattack and Chelsea must play counterattack - yet he's signing tiki-taka players who cant soak up pressure to play counter-attack.

You should know that when we criticise Emenalo, it is not for his free thoughts - he's probably brilliant. Its for using his wisdom as cover for Abramovic's footballing foolishness.

As long as Emenalo continues to shoehorn his tactical wisdom into Abramovic's whimsical and impulsive foolishness, he will be a wise man who LABOURS IN VAIN!

Hazard, Mata and such will play their tiki-taka football regardless of any low blocks, switchback or counteraattack instruction. I hope Coogar would not come and tell us (as he claimed about Spain) that they play "too much tiki-taka for Torres".

coogar:

yes....it's called counter-attacking.
united murdered mourinho in 06/07 using exactly that with rooney/ronaldo.
benitez's liverpool were only 4 points short of united in 08/09 with the same tactics

as long as you have 6 outfield players who are defensively minded, it does not matter what
the front four do. the key is having 2 deep-lying midfielders in mikel and lampard to screen the defence.
benitez used xabi alonso and javier mascherano and the front four was torres, gerrard, kuyt and riera/maxi.

Lets look at the so-called front 4 in all these teams. All of em are defensive brutes.

Kuyt, Gerrard, Tevez, Rooney, Samuel Eto', Sneijder, Ronaldo. . . all of em able to soak up pressure in "low blocks" before making their talent count on the counterattack.

Contrast with Mata, Hazard, Marin. . . none of em able to soak up the pressure.

You might as well buy 3 Arshavins and ask them to soak up pressure before launching "switch-back". grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (19679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.