Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,835 members, 7,872,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10781131 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4326) (4327) (4328) (4329) (4330) (4331) (4332) ... (19489) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Just 1 assist shocked, I thought you would say he took the opponents apart while he teammates did nothing but stand and watch.

So Ribery is so pathetic that you could only mention 3 assists in his years in UCL @34 there not even hope for him anymore.
Is that how you understood that statement?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
eph12:

Omo me sef weak o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Eruditor:

He is supporting you.

But I am exposing the flaw in the reasoning that being voted in the team of the year translates to being adjudged as the best in that position.

I am using Aguero as the test experiment to my theory. He was in the final vote for forward of the year and he won it. Yet he did not make the team of the year.

Since someone can be the best at something and not make the list, therefore, being in the team of the year does not make you the best in that position. QED.
I didn't say he wasn't supporting me, I mentioned you so you could see it.

You are still yet to show that Walker wasn't the best RB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Me or Eruditor that says Walker was never the best RB in EPL shocked

I am on your side here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dubylhover(m): 7:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
dopeJemi:

It's easy in Spain, Italy and Germany, heck United has Pogba, De gea and ibrahimovic.. Pep is a Genius, I have to give it to him

of the 3 you quoted,1 is a bench warmer and d other a kepper..no one is disputing peps ability but at the same time he has the best squad in England
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
eph12:

angry How do you think I understood it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
chic2pimp:

I am on your side here.
I know, I just had a typo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
laPULGA:

since we are now using pfa xi awards as a yardstick how come you say that conte had shiit squad last season and pep could not have won the league with them
even without european commitment

chelsea team had

Hazard-3

cahill-2

luiz-1

kante-1

fabregas-2

matic-1

that is 10 pfa xi appearance between 6 STARTERS (will not include terry)

as opposed to city

kompany -3(mostly injured)

silva-1

maybe zabaleta -1

still waiting for new excuse

I asked you about your statement that cahill and luiz, were never good in defence, you started reeling out all these lines.

I just wanted to know when you started watching luiz and cahill to have reached that conclusion.

Nothing concerns me with zabaletta and company.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
Eruditor:

But I am exposing the flaw in the reasoning that being voted in the team of the year translates to being adjudged as the best in that position.

Since someone can be the best at something and not make the list, therefore, being in the team of the year does not make you the best in that position. QED.

They'll always be flaws in any system that requires the use of "voting" of some sort after all it is one man's opinion against another.

Aguero's cold hard stats however speaks for Him. He does not need the PFA awards to solidify his position as the "Best striker in the league". The same cannot be said for a RB, most especially not one that was deemed good enough to play just 12 games out of a sum total of 38.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by laPULGA: 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
airmark:

I asked you about your statement that cahill and luiz, were never good in defence, you started reeling out all these lines.

I just wanted to know when you started watching luiz and cahill to have reached that conclusion.

Nothing concerns me with zabaletta and company.

well have been watching chelsea matches for a very long time and those two are just ok at best nothing special

and i "reeled out those lines" to show you that the pfa strongly disagrees with most chelsea fans claims that city had/have the best squad in the land and conte was playing with farmers
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ctuagent007: 7:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
dubylhover:

of the 3 you quoted,1 is a bench warmer and d other a kepper..no one is disputing peps ability but at the same time he has the best squad in England

Apart from Aguero, Silva & the up coming KDB (yes, I love KDB but he is still growing & coming up the ranks).....u mean that having average joes of Stones, Mangala, Sterling, Sane, Delph, Walker, Gundungan, Bernardo, etc means City have the best squad
Very very funny just as someone called these same average joes world class, hahaha nothing wet person no go see sha

I just can't wait for UCL to resume & see how average this so-called best squad is....they would be knocked out clean & clear conceding at least 6 goals in both legs (not against Basel though)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 7:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
airmark:

Don't use the emboldened recklessly bro.
grin grin

You too?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by VargasVee(m): 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

When Chelsea was at the top of the league, So they had the best players in the league

I wouldn't say any less.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
eph12:
Is it the same Walker and Sterling that have suddenly become world class?

Name one right back you will pick ahead of Walker in the league?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
eph12:

Mkhi would have been a starter if he was in your team. We don't want players running around like headless chicken with no productivity in our team

Dreamer!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Obere4u: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
BlueAngel444:
Just like Xavi and Iniesta, David and De Bruyne

But Iniesta is unproductive when compared to KDB.
Silva = Xavi
Iniesta < KDB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

exhibit 6

Don't wrap me up with several other people and act like it is one person making an argument

John Stones is a liability still, as is Otamendi as is Bakayoko, as is Lovren, David Luiz and many others in other teams.

I have plenty evidence of calling City the best team in times past, so stop your duplicitous joining of other peoples post to make as if it is one argument. City midfield to strikeforce is way better than Chelseas. No be John Stones or Otamendi go change am.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
laPULGA:

well have been watching chelsea matches for a very long time and those two are just ok at best nothing special

and i "reeled out those lines" to show you that the pfa strongly disagrees with most chelsea fans claims that city had/have the best squad in the land and conte was playing with farmers

Who are your defenders with something special in this era? I hope you won't mention that stupid boathand here.

Meanwhile why would you use pfa Xi to conclude anything? Sane, gundongan, jesus were stars where they came from and are new to epl, so you shouldn't expect them in the epl xi in the past, like fab, hazard etc.

You couldnt buy unknown djilobodji type of players for 50m+. When bony was bought and not up to standard, what happened? Where's iheanacho? Why couldn't pep's great tactic turn them to diamond?

Go and check most city's key players' resume before joining, they had solid stats.

No one would buy unknown average 'djilobodji' for 50m+.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
dubylhover:

He made it seem so, Sterling, Delph, Sane, Walker, Otamendi, Jesus, fernandinho. are these the best players out there? definitely not, He has the best tactics and has instilled in them how to play according to his philosophy, he is blowing teams away now that is why we believe he has the best squad, Give another manager this same team and see what he makes out of it

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
diggz:

Azpilicueta, Valencia, bellerin(debatable)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2017
chic2pimp:

They'll always be flaws in any system that requires the use of "voting" of some sort after all it is one man's opinion against another.

Aguero's cold hard stats however speaks for Him. He does not need the PFA awards to solidify his position as the "Best striker in the league". The same cannot be said for a RB, most especially not one that was deemed good enough to play just 12 games out of a sum total of 38.

Aguero's cold hard stats speak for him but not once did the PFA hear it but all of a sudden PFA voting team of the year now validates Kyle Walker as best RB? So Fabio Coloccini of Newcastle has been the best CB in the EPL and Scott parker the best CM too? Since the rule works well for defenders and not strikers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
dopeJemi:

He made it seem so, Sterling, Delph, Sane, Walker, Otamendi, Jesus, fernandinho. are these the best players out there? definitely not, He has the best tactics and has instilled in them how to play according to his philosophy, he is blowing teams away now that is why we believe he has the best squad, Give another manager this same team and see what he makes out of it
Guy forget!

Give another manager Silva, KDB, Aguero and sane.... And see what he makes out them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
diggz:

Valencia
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
diggz:

Dreamer!!
Don't you have unproductive players like Hazard in the team ni? I even heard your club is pricing Zaha to replace Hazard. Those guys have finally grown balls to do away with the fraud cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
Emaprince:
Guy forget!

Give another manager Silva, KDB, Aguero and sane.... And see what he makes out them.

These guys don't make up the team, what about the rest? Give mourihno these players and he will still defend against big teams, Pep has built the team in general, they play according his philosophy, exactly what he wants from them, they do
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
Emaprince:
Guy forget!

Aguero isnt even playing all the games, vs Spurs Silva no play. Is Sane better than Rashford or Martial?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
dopeJemi:

These guys don't make up the team, what about the rest? Give mourihno these players and he will still defend against big teams, Pep has built the team in general, they play according his philosophy, exactly what he wants from them, they do
But why didn't Pep perform this magic last season? How come it's all going well after spending so much money?

Next season, you guys might be singing a different tune.

Conte performed wonders last season with a team pep claimed could not challenge for any titles unless they get 10new players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Emaprince:
But why didn't Pep perform this magic last season? How come it's all going well after spending so much money?

Next season, you guys might be singing a different tune.

Conte performed wonders last season with a team pep claimed could not challenge for any titles unless they get 10new players.

You can as well ask why Conte hasn't performed his Magic this season, after all he won the title last season

there is no doubt that pep has a unique style of play, and a philosophy that has been working for him for a very long time now, it will take more than a season to get his players to adapt to his philosophy and style of play, we saw this last season, they were still trying to adapt, but we saw glimpses of pep's style in their play, particularly against Barcelona.

Pep can be excused for saying Chelsea needed 10 new players to challenge for the title because those players don't fit into his ideas, I am pretty sure that if he were to be the manager at the time, he would have sold about 8 first team players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kamelot77(m): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
pep is a good manager bt d hype is 2 much, he went last season trophy less nd also lose sme of his record.
conte won d premiership wit d team dat finish 10th in d previous season.
man city ave d most expensive squad in d football right now, wit d record transfer of d most expensive player in deir goalkeeper, right back, central back and left back, pep is d highest paid manager in d epl, anything less than dis type of performance is a crime for pep.
pellegrini won d epl wit d League cup in his first season, while pep is just performing in his second season, can pep won d epl wit d squad of dat Leicester?

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
raumdeuter:

I am showing views posted here that showed that many people didnt consider Man City players as the best before this season

So turning around and calling them the best squad now to water down Pep effect is amala turning
And your point is? Apart from Bruyne the other guys arguably are not the reason why Man city is strolling to the title.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 12:25am On Dec 19, 2017
Kamelot77:
pep is a good manager bt d hype is 2 much, he went last season trophy less nd also lose sme of his record.
conte won d premiership wit d team dat finish 10th in d previous season.
man city ave d most expensive squad in d football right now, wit d record transfer of d most expensive player in deir goalkeeper, right back, central back and left back, pep is d highest paid manager in d epl, anything less than dis type of performance is a crime for pep.
pellegrini won d epl wit d League cup in his first season, while pep is just performing in his second season, can pep won d epl wit d squad of dat Leicester?

There is no hype all he gets is constant disrespect including this piffle above.

I don't know why going a season trophyless is a measure of whether a manager is good or not. Mou has gone trophyless twice with RM and CFC. Where is your speech criticizing him?

And when you say Conte won the league with a team that finished 10th we can let you pass, but I have heard it long enough that I need to expose another myth that even I was ignoring; Conte does not win that title without Kante (PFA player of the year) and guess what? Ngolo was not part of that squad that finished 10th. So please, enough with this nonsense about who Pep bought.

Conte bought his own last season that worked for him. Pep has fixed the ills of his team and it is working for him. If Conte did not get hushed, then, nobody should tell us rubbish about who Pep bought. If buying huge was the secret to winning tell Man United to show you their last EPL since they started pumping money right after Fergie left.

Or ask Conte why he added £200M to his previous winners and will not win the same title again? It goes beyond buying players. The type of tantalizing football you are watching I reckon you have not seen in the EPL in the last maybe 10 years (if I am being generous).

All those highest bla bla you are quoting is a superficial way of viewing things. Ukaku should have more goals than CR7 this season since he was priced higher abi? Good, now you see that the market was inflated and City honored the quoted prices just like Mou, Conte and even parsimonious Wenger did.

If Pelle did great in his first season and did worse going forward how e take concern Pep? Jupp Heynckes won fvckall 2011/12 and then won a treble 2012/13. I don't remember people comparing him to LVGs first season who did so well and failed going forward.

If Pep cannot won the league with Leicester is it not because the players don't fit his philosophy or style of play? Or will Mou won the EPL with the same Leicester? Will Conte do it too?

If your answer is yes, then tell them to win this season since their respective squads are better than that Leicester team. Mtcheww.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 12:39am On Dec 19, 2017
Eruditor:

There is no hype all he gets is constant disrespect including this piffle above.

I don't know why going a season trophyless is a measure of whether a manager is good or not. Mou has gone trophyless twice with RM and CFC. Where is your speech criticizing him?

And when you say Conte won the league with a team that finished 10th we can let you pass, but I have heard it long enough that I need to expose another myth that even I was ignoring; Conte does not win that title without Kante (PFA player of the year) and guess what? Ngolo was not part of that squad that finished 10th. So please, enough with this nonsense about who Pep bought.

Conte bought his own last season that worked for him. Pep has fixed the ills of his team and it is working for him. If Conte did not get hushed, then, nobody should tell us rubbish about who Pep bought. If buying huge was the secret to winning tell Man United to show you their last EPL since they started pumping money right after Fergie left.

Or ask Conte why he added £200M to his previous winners and will not win the same title again? It goes beyond buying players. The type of tantalizing football you are watching I reckon you have not seen in the EPL in the last maybe 10 years (if I am being generous).

All those highest bla bla you are quoting is a superficial way of viewing things. Ukaku should have more goals than CR7 this season since he was priced higher abi? Good, now you see that the market was inflated and City honored the quoted prices just like Mou, Conte and even parsimonious Wenger did.

If Pelle did great in his first season and did worse going forward how e take concern Pep? Jupp Heynckes won fvckall 2011/12 and then won a treble 2012/13. I don't remember people comparing him to LVGs first season who did so well and failed going forward.

If Pep cannot won the league with Leicester is it not because the players don't fit his philosophy or style of play? Or will Mou won the EPL with the same Leicester? Will Conte do it too?

If your answer is yes, then tell them to win this season since their respective squads are better than that Leicester team. Mtcheww.
mehn you are one of pep dark lords oh,conte is capable of wining the league with that leciester squad because he doesnt care about beautiful football,chelsea spent 200m this window but sold close to that amount also,including the likes of costa,matic o dont forget that too

(1) (2) (3) ... (4326) (4327) (4328) (4329) (4330) (4331) (4332) ... (19489) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, DeadPresidents, Unlimited22, Trevor012(m), toluxe0075, CAPdan21(m), Geld(m), Yustash001(m), Menemonic, airmark(m), fredoooooo and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.