Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,485 members, 7,901,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 09:06 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10948082 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (19692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2012
chelseabmw:

Chelsea have had offer in excess of €20 million for Germany winger Andre Schurrle rejected by Bayer Leverkusen.

-  On the move: Transfer blog
- Di Matteo backs 'fantastic' Torres
- Lampard dismisses MLS link

The Blues first showed interest in Schurrle last season but renewed their pursuit after a bid to sign Wigan Athletic's Victor Moses hit the skids last month.

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo is keen to bolster the attacking options of his side and Schurrle, who played in Germany's 4-2 win over Greece at Euro 2012, is able to play out wide or up front.

However, the Werkself have decided to keep hold of their 21-year-old attacker, rather than cash in on a young player who scored nine goals last term.

"We were presented with a very concrete offer from Chelsea for Andre of beyond the €20 million mark. The sum was pushed back and forth between the two clubs, but we eventually opted to hold on to Andre," Bayer Leverkusen CEO Wolfgang Holzhauser is quoted as saying by German news agency SID.

"Andre is very valuable for us on the pitch. He has also made it very clear that he is happy to stay with us."

Chelsea have already bolstered their attacking options with the capture of Eden Hazard and Marko Marin, but the bid for Schurrle shows they still have money to strengthen.

Source: Espn Soccernet
What a silly bid from Chelsea if at all they made any bid. Having just acquired Marin from Germany, what on earth do we need Schurle for. We have Sturidge, Malouda, Marin , Hazard and Mata who all play from the wings.Chelsea does not need him for now. What Chelsea needs now is a supporting striker either Jovotic or Hulk. One central midfielder with physical prowess e.g Fellaini from Everton and a right full back-Maicon/Perrreira or draft Ivanovic permanently to that position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2012
On the contrary, I do not think we need another physical midfielder.
We are as physical as we can be. Mikel and Mata are almost likely to start most games leaving us with one more spot in the midfield in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-1-3.
Lamps, Ramires, KDB, McEachran, Essien are all eligible to start. One more physcial midfielder is an over kill. Plus right, squad rules define that we cannot add more than 2 more foreign players.

For that reason, I believe the club's move for another winger is on track. Lukaku will most likely go on loan. Sturridge I am hearing will be played as 2nd CF. THat leaves us with only Hazard, Marin as wingers. (Please don't mention Malouda).

We cannot go into the season competing for 4 titles and then there's World CLub Championship, SuperCup, Community Shield, with only two effective wingers. You don't win titles on the strength of your first 11 only but the strength of the squad. Therefore the reason for pursuing Hulk, Schurrie and Moses is valid.

However, that's not to say I agree with Schurrie in particular or the reported fee.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 11:08am On Jul 09, 2012
What a silly bid from Chelsea if at all they made any bid. Having just acquired Marin from Germany, what on earth do we need Schurle for. We have Sturidge, Malouda, Marin , Hazard and Mata who all play from the wings.Chelsea does not need him for now. What Chelsea needs now is a supporting striker either Jovotic or Hulk. One central midfielder with physical prowess e.g Fellaini from Everton and a right full back-Maicon/Perrreira or draft Ivanovic permanently to that position.

@Andrew,
i want to disagree with u 1000%. before us is a the longest season in our history and as such, we need all the players we can lay our hands upon. look at the number of games we will play and like nateevs said, we need a very strong back up players. the only way to remain strong is to keep the players as fresh as we can. let there be a lot of good players even on the bench so that we will not be like arsenal that goes into the season with 11 or 12 players who keep them atop till the middle of the season when the players get tired.
we need to start and remain fresh till the end.
as i am talking to u, a renovation/enlargement works are on going at our trophy shelves and as such we need all the available trophies to avoid making the cabinets look empty.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2012
On the face of it, the move for Andre Schurrle looks funny.

He cost £9m or so last season after a brilliant season with Mainz

His time at Leverkusen is not considered to be a success yet his price has increased past £16m.

However if you consider that he is a robust player who can play wings or forward, then his signing may be the clubs alternative to Hulk having probably baulked at Hulks asking price.

Also considering he played different positions for Mainz and Leverkusen, it may be a mitigating factor for his downturn in form with Leverkusen.

Speaking of wingers, we have Kakuta, Mata, Hazard, Marin and De Bruyne. Thats more than enough. With the signing of Schurrle, that makes 6 players for 3 positions which is good cover. With Ramires seen chiefly by myself as a winger, now we're talking seven. Perhaps Sturridge as well to make it eight.

Too many wingers, but all except Mata and Hazard are a gamble. I wish we hadnt signed Marin and signed one winger with BODY such as Silvestre Varela.

For central midfield, we have Mikel, Lamps and Romeu as the only trustworthy guys. I would like to see a cheap option to bolster those numbers, perhaps Manuel Fernandes on a free transfer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
@Ibime,
pls when next you are talking about our options, keep the free agents out of it. have u forgotten that we also have benayoun? we are chelsea and the owner is a money man and we are not like the other club that are always looking for cheap and free players. so pls, if you are scouting for chelsea, make quality the no 1 issue because money is not a problem here.
like i said, having 10 players in a position in the coming season will not be a bad idea because we will have more than enough games for every good player come next season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
Many reports suggesting that we've signed Oscar.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:04am On Jul 10, 2012
@Ibime,

Kakuta, KDB, Mata and Sturridge though can play on the wings are certainly not wingers.

Kakuta has not played on the wings in about 2 years.

KDB, though played as a winger in the first half of last season for Genk, is actually a CM. He pushed for a CM role in readiness for joining Chelsea and he became a massive influence on the Genk team. I have provided the stats before on here. KDB was involved, either as assist or key pass, in 17 out of 22 goals Genk scored in the 2nd half of the season after he moved to CM. More effective than he was when on the wing.

Mata is our number one player in the hole.

Sturridge, I hear, as a condition for signing a new contract, wants to play as a CF.

I quite agree that all these players, if it comes to playing at all will play on the wings, we still do not have more than 2 wingers in the team. It'll be interesting to see how RDM interprets this. We need a more tactically flexible and very robust squad with strength in depth. I believe we are getting there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:04am On Jul 10, 2012
nateevs: @Ibime,

Kakuta, KDB, Mata and Sturridge though can play on the wings are certainly not wingers.

Kakuta has not played on the wings in about 2 years.

KDB, though played as a winger in the first half of last season for Genk, is actually a CM. He pushed for a CM role in readiness for joining Chelsea and he became a massive influence on the Genk team. I have provided the stats before on here. KDB was involved, either as assist or key pass, in 17 out of 22 goals Genk scored in the 2nd half of the season after he moved to CM. More effective than he was when on the wing.

Mata is our number one player in the hole.

Sturridge, I hear, has as a condition for signing a new contract, wants to play as a CF.

KDB's move to central midfield is an exercise in self immolation if he is going to be competing with Mata and Hazard for the same spot. A guy with prolly the best cross in Europe should be encouraged to hone his skills on the wing.

Andre Schurrle is not a winger anymore than any of these guys are wingers.

With the penchant for playing wingers on their weak side so they cut in on their strong foot, all these players are as much wingers as any.

Kakuta for example should be able to play on the right wing.

I believe with the system we are looking at with 3 men behind the striker, all 3 would be able to play the role of playmaker and winger equally and interchangeably, with the extra width provided by the fullbacks.

I would have liked to see more variation in the type of winger we employ and woulda liked at least one of the likes of Ola John/Silvestre Varela who are more robust and can give a coach a tactical option in certain games. We saw how RDM used Ramires to good effect in the Napoli and Barca games, now it would be nice to have someone with the physicallity of Ramires but the skill of a true winger.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:49am On Jul 10, 2012
Talking about Schurrle here I Believe the dude has got potentials no doubt and the reports that Bayer rejected our bid for him aint longer a news, this vividly entails of our willingness to lure him in.

But my problem with this deal is that the kid here [André] frm a Psychological view of it has got enormous 'Fear factor' attached to his game.

He has played 11 games against Bayern Munich and Dortmund, but he's yet to score. Not only did he not score in four UEFA Champions League games against Barcelona and Chelsea, he looked timid in the bright lights.

He averages 3.1 dribbles per game, but that dropped to 1.5 in the Champions League - this proves he was afraid to Xpress himself against the big teams!

So for the first time, i'l agree with Ibime on the motion that a more credible option other than André be lured in and i must let it out that am a big fan of Munian {Bilbao}, James Rodriguez {Porto}, Gaitan {Benfica}, Giovinco {Parma}, And Moses {Wigan}! cheesy

@Nateevs, the report is true - Papers in Brazil are already carrying it that we've agreed a fee within the region of £22m for Internacional's Oscar Emboaba, stole him under Spur's noses.

U need to see this Kid play, a blend of maybe let say the then Diego Ribas of Bremen and the then Dinho of Barcelona! LOL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2012
@El Guapo,
in all these, some of the players chelsea are looking for at the moment are not necessarily first team players rather we need back up players. there are players or amounts that you don't spend to be on the bench.
personally, i don't always want to judge players based on their past. remember we bought torres as per what he was doing against us while he was at liverpool. don't forget, barca bought ibrahimovic based on his inter days. babertov was bought because he was crazy at spurs Glen Johnson was released by chelsea because he was below per but the opposite became the case when they moved.
chelsea needs some players for their economic values which are expected to go higher any moment from now and some of these players will turn out to be the future of the team.
our own mikel was not bought as a first team player and he gradually took his place in the team with time.
we need all the players we can get at the right values not forgetting that we will be playing more games than we have ever done in our history over this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 190: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2012
the daily tabloid reports that chelsea are about signing the nairalander 190 for a reported
fee of $40million - you guys need to see this kid play

he's been described as the modern messi

in my opinion think this kid has potentials

wah u guys tink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2012
@ibime, Kakuta can play on the wings but he is not a winger! Have you seen him play before? undecided

@nateevs, Lukaku going on loan? WTF! why?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2012
I do not understand the need to buy Oscar when already we have Piazon coming through. Anyway Sky has denied it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AndreUweh(m): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Ibime,

If we are going to be playing with 3 player behind the striker, the Mata/Hazard will be in the hole. Yes with the flexibility of interchanges as you suggested, KDB though, is not the hole player. His role will be more like a deep lying midfielder in a double pivot. If he does not go on loan, he will deputise for Lampard which means McEachran will go on loan.

I do not want Kakuta playing on the wing. If however, it means that this is the only way he gets playing time, then wing play it is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
Andre Uweh: I do not understand the need to buy Oscar when already we have Piazon coming through. Anyway Sky has denied it.

I am a massive fan of Piazon and I rate him alongside Feruz, Chalobah and Bamford as one of those that have a realistic chance of breaking into the first team. That said, Oscar is light years ahead of Piazon in every aspect of football. Why are we buying Oscar? Well sometimes, you go out of your way and splash on kids that have a massive potential of making it very big. Why should we let Spurs him when we can impress Oscar with money and prestige?

I think the club is playing a smart one here. After AVB was sacked, he was scouting players in Brazil. Oscar is one of those players ear-marked by AVB. Oscar seems already like one of those Brazilians that have greatness written all over them. Sometimes, you invest in these sort of players, not because they are particularly ready to be first team material but a shot, a gamble at the future that just maybe, he could be golden.

The calibre of players being sought after in this window continually points to a massive drift in football philosophy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
Oscar is a good guy unlike that lazy wasteman Ganso who expects everyone else to do his work for him. Like play, like play, Oscar has stolen Gansos mandate as Brazil's no 10 for World Cup 2014.

Chelsea should price well though. Im not happy with spending £25m straight from Brazil.

Piazon is a top guy as well but seems more suited to drift in from that left wing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ibime: Oscar is a good guy unlike that lazy wasteman Ganso who expects everyone else to do his work for him. Like play, like play, Oscar has stolen Gansos mandate as Brazil's no 10 for World Cup 2014.

Chelsea should price well though. Im not happy with spending £25m straight from Brazil.

Piazon is a top guy as well but seems more suited to drift in from that left wing.

I think the prices quoted have all been in $ and Euros rather than pounds. I am guessing around the £16m pound mark.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2012
cheesy cheesy
nateevs:

I am a massive fan of Piazon and I rate him alongside Feruz, Chalobah and Bamford as one of those that have a realistic chance of breaking into the first team. That said, Oscar is light years ahead of Piazon in every aspect of football. Why are we buying Oscar? Well sometimes, you go out of your way and splash on kids that have a massive potential of making it very big. Why should we let Spurs him when we can impress Oscar with money and prestige?

I think the club is playing a smart one here. After AVB was sacked, he was scouting players in Brazil. Oscar is one of those players ear-marked by AVB. Oscar seems already like one of those Brazilians that have greatness written all over them. Sometimes, you invest in these sort of players, not because they are particularly ready to be first team material but a shot, a gamble at the future that just maybe, he could be golden.

The calibre of players being sought after in this window continually points to a massive drift in football philosophy.

. Come Bros nateev dis statement 'b]Sometimes[/b], you invest in these sort of players, not because they are particularly ready to be first team material but a shot, a gamble at the future that just maybe, he could be golden.' reminds me of a certain Kakuta. I still dey wait mk him b d CFC messi o!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by cabali(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
And how is everyone doing? Is that fool, Switch still an idiot here?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
Cabaliiiii.
What's up man? Long time!
You and Jalether just waka like that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
I'm really wondering if benayoun can offer any credible contribution to our season. I like the dude and his work ethic.

Perhaps he can bring experience to the table and be one of our super-subs this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
dare2think: I'm really wondering if benayoun can offer any credible contribution to our season. I like the dude and his work ethic.

Perhaps he can bring experience to the table and be one of our super-subs this season.

To be honest, there is no harm in keeping Benayoun.
I will rather keep him than Malouda.

However, considering the fact that there's just 2 more spots for foreign players left in the team, one of Benayoun, Malouda and Ferreira must leave if we have to fit in 3 more foreign players in the team. My guess is it will be Benayoun. Though I hear Ferreira has been put on the transfer list. Which club will pay him £80k/week?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^^

Thought malouda is going to brazil?

yea, rather keep benayoun than those two!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
Jor oh!

Benayoun should get lost.

We never manage give Kakuta, Paizon, Lukaku and McEachran playing time. Why waste it on Benayoun?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
We are not saying give Benayoun a chance over Kakuta, Lukaku and Josh.
We are saying all 3 of Malouda, PF and Malouda will probably not go at once.
If I had to keep only one of them, I'll keep Benayoun.

Meanwhile Romeu is flirting with Barcelona again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
1025: @El Guapo,
in all these, some of the players chelsea are looking for at the moment are not necessarily first team players rather we need back up players. there are players or amounts that you don't spend to be on the bench.
personally, i don't always want to judge players based on their past. remember we bought torres as per what he was doing against us while he was at liverpool. don't forget, barca bought ibrahimovic based on his inter days. babertov was bought because he was crazy at spurs Glen Johnson was released by chelsea because he was below per but the opposite became the case when they moved.
chelsea needs some players for their economic values which are expected to go higher any moment from now and some of these players will turn out to be the future of the team.
our own mikel was not bought as a first team player and he gradually took his place in the team with time.
we need all the players we can get at the right values not forgetting that we will be playing more games than we have ever done in our history over this season.

All those names i putted up would happily sit and watch from the bench {C'mon we're European Champions for Cry Out Loud}
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2012
Been Going tru Some articles On Daily mail Today and was really astonished at this write up by Neil Ashton and former Gunner Legend Martin Keown, couldn't help but Jxt Smile and feel Glad to be part of the Chelsea Fold http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2171755/Chelsea-investing-future-MARTIN-KEOWN.html?ITO=1490 amd http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2171754/Roberto-di-Matteos-Chelsea-Barcelona-lite.html?ITO=1490 cool cool

Report i've got -- Justin Bieber Is a Blue Fan {What a Global fanbase we've got frm Tiger Woods it keeps streching}
cheesy cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
Justin Beiber is a Glory Hugger. He flirts with spain, Barca, Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:29am On Jul 12, 2012
^^^
Photoshop! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by HNIC(m): 9:32am On Jul 12, 2012
Which club will pay him £80k/week?
Citeh

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (19692) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StarchAndBanga, Singapore1(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.