Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,030 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:52 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10862067 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (19619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ibime:

You mean by being sheeted on by every midfield he faced including Ukraine and Sweden?

Wasn't your dear Lamps also "sheeted on by every midfield he faced in the UCL knock-out rounds"? Tell me a game Chelsea weren't played off the park bar Napoli at home. . . Gerrard was even numerically disadvantaged most of the time with Hodgson's 4-4-2.

Lemme guess how he made his assists. . . yep. . . the only time he drifted out to the right wing and put a cross in which is where he shoulda been in the first place.

Lol. See stupidity in HD. . . "Thierry Henry was very dangerous when he drifted out to the left wing and cut inside to score/assist". Maybe we should chalk off all the goals/assists he made from there cheesy

Gerrard was England's best player and proved he can still play CM when required, AT BOTH ENDS OF THE FIELD, and Ibime is still yarning megedefegede about where his assists came from.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
ritchboy:
Gerrard was England's best player and proved he can still play CM when required, AT BOTH ENDS OF THE FIELD, and Ibime is still yarning megedefegede about where his assists came from.

no!
gerrard wasn't england's best player in the tourney.
at least, one of the defenders or even joe hart were better. remove the set pieces and when he drifted to the wing
to put in crosses, then you are struggling to point anything meaningful he did in the 4 games he played.

gerrard cannot play as a cm....his ineptitude caused england's loss and to think an ageing pirlo played him
off the park speaks volume. i do not think lampard
would have done better as well---the 2 dinosaurs are
past their expiry dates and should not be mentioned
in the same breath with world class midfield maestros.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
ritchboy:

Wasn't your dear Lamps also "sheeted on by every midfield he faced in the UCL knock-out rounds"? Tell me a game Chelsea weren't played off the park bar Napoli at home. . . Gerrard was even numerically disadvantaged most of the time with Hodgson's 4-4-2.

Lol. See stupidity in HD. . . "Thierry Henry was very dangerous when he drifted out to the left wing and cut inside to score/assist". Maybe we should chalk off all the goals/assists he made from there cheesy

Gerrard was a disgrace in the Euros end of. Still play CM? What part of CM was he playing? The guy was outclassed in every single game he played, his long balls were excruciating to watch. Even with 3 assists, he didnt smell team of tournament and fans of Goal.com were complaining after the group stage that he wasnt in the top 25 players according to goal.com ranking which averages fans votes. . . simple reason, being that looking from overview, 3 assists looks brilliant but when fans were voting on performance during the matches, all they remember was that Gerrard was dominated by the likes of Garmash, Rasmus Elm etc. and had scored him low. The same fans that scored him low now came back to complain why he wasnt in the top 25. . . simples, he was shyte throughout. . . and definitely didnt prove anything except how limited he was, and that he has a brilliant cross.

1025: @nateevs,
lampsshowed critics like u that with a few players, he can conquer the world thou no matter what he does, enemies are enemies.
what is the use of dribbling when u can sight an invissible ramires twice against barca and that mark their champions league ambition.

grin grin grin

Bros, you have taken a lot of flack on this board, but this is the wisest quote I have seen on nairaland today.

Nateevs thought that "technical ability" only applies to goalscoring, but there are a hundred techniques Lampard possesses that his "technically better" midfielders cannot match whether that be releasing pass first time, drifting away from a midfielder at his back (who needs dribbling when all you need is to create the space to lay your pass), volleying, knowing how to run into space, reverse passes that bring the best out of Ashley Cole, long passes over the top ala Pirlo, composure in the box or several other techniques that make midfield play. . . not to talk of other non-technical qualities that differentiate him such as workrate, nerves of steel and winning mentality. . . tell Nateevs to leave matter abeg!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ibime:

Gerrard was a disgrace in the Euros end of. Still play CM? What part of CM was he playing? The guy was outclassed in every single game he played, his long balls were excruciating to watch. Even with 3 assists, he didnt smell team of tournament and fans of Goal.com were complaining after the group stage that he wasnt in the top 25 players according to goal.com ranking which averages fans votes. . . simple reason, being that looking from overview, 3 assists looks brilliant but when fans were voting on performance during the matches, all they remember was that Gerrard was dominated by the likes of Garmash, Rasmus Elm etc. and had scored him low. The same fans that scored him low now came back to complain why he wasnt in the top 25. . . simples, he was shyte throughout. . . and definitely didnt prove anything except how limited he was, and that he has a brilliant cross.

Wetin consine me with goal.lol? Lamps assists last season also "looks brilliant from overview" but fans remember he was dominated by the likes of James Morrison, Mulumbu and Dickson Etuhu cheesy

Lampard and his goons were played off the park throughout the UCL knockout, true or false?

Lampard hasn't fared any better than Gerrard for England, true or false?

What are you even on about? England wouldn't have conceded possesion if Lampard played instead of Gerrard?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ibime:

It's funny how you have the face to write such when you'll come here with a barrage of lines telling us how many assists Lampard copped.
When people like me insist on consistent performance over the 90, possesion recycling rate, how many times he wit-fully wiggles out of a tight space which creates even more space to free a player, ball possession rate, pass completion rate, key pass rate, dudes like you will be screaming assists and goals.

Now you are killing Gerard with the same stick and trying to prove a point. Was Lamps not out-played in the whole of the UCL knockout stages like Ritchboy asked? Yet you come back and tell us how he freed Ramires twice over two legs.

Would Lamps have done better for England than Gerard did? No! However, if he copped 3 assists like Gerard did, we won't hear word inside here. Please mate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
nateevs:

It's funny how you have the face to write such when you'll come here with a barrage of lines telling us how many assists Lampard copped.
When people like me insist on consistent performance over the 90, possesion recycling rate, how many times he wit-fully wiggles out of a tight space which creates even more space to free a player, ball possession rate, pass completion rate, key pass rate, dudes like you will be screaming assists and goals.

Now you are killing Gerard with the same stick and trying to prove a point. Was Lamps not out-played in the whole of the UCL knockout stages like Ritchboy asked? Yet you come back and tell us how he freed Ramires twice over two legs.

Would Lamps have done better for England than Gerard did? No! However, if he copped 3 assists like Gerard did, we won't hear word inside here. Please mate.

You see? A leopard will reveal its spots.

Someo\ne we\nt from telli\ng us that "RDM may sometimes have to play mid-fielders that are obviously technically better than Lampard" bi removi\ng Lampard i\n his li\ne-up for Oscar

HAhahAha. . . . mi keboard has go\ne haiwire. . . . Ill be back, lemme fix it. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
Jxt Goin' AYE Over tis Oscar of a Boi cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ibime and his love for Lampard.

Mention Lampard's name and bam he springs out of his hiding place abi nah Hole.

To be fair to him though over the last 10 years or so, only Xavi has performed better on a more consistent basis from the Central Midfield Position(with regards to Club side).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
Where was I. . . oh yes. . .

You see a leopard would never change its spots. I knew the guy was typing nonsense out of his long held hatred for Lamps.

He claimed that RDM may decide to play "obviously better technical players" then dropped Lamps for Oscar in his line-up.

When I asked him whether "obviously technically better" refers to Oscar and KDB, he claims

nateevs: Yes I did say we have new mid-fielders that are technically better than Lamps, I quite remember not saying "all the mid-fielders" we bought are technically better. either have I stated that they will go on and achieve great things. So what's the rant about? What can I do with this dude?

Yet he dropped Lamps for Oscar in his line-up so obviously Oscar is the one who is "obviously technically better".

Its better you come out and say that ho-ha so we know what argument we are having here.

When you are dealing with a body of work that spans 11 years with Chelsea, you do not make such claim about players who have never been tested outside Brazil. Whilst Oscar may go on to be the best thing since sliced bread, like we saw with Romeu last season, although he was good, Mikel came up trumps in crunch time.

It would not be surprising though as Nateevs has labelled every player that can dribble as better than Lamps, but like I pointed out, there are many things that Oscar does not have technically that he would learn from Lamps.

Me personally, I like the Oscar guy cos he's a hustler, and I rate my players based on their skill AND workrate but I would not be so arrogant or supercilious to label him technically better than a player I have watched for the last 11 years demonstrate the kind of technique that has led to some outrageous assists and goals to the point that he is Chelsea's ALL-TIME leading assister and 17 goals away from being the ALL-TIME topscorer!

nateevs:

Now its funny that this same guy should write this nonsense. Of course we are used to Nateevs trying to label Lamps as "a man who only has goals and assists stats" and nothing else.

Infact, it is those who watch 90 minutes who appreciate Lamps the most.

Certain ninjas like Nateevs only rate a player or think he is working hard when they see him running full speed like Essien or Gerrard. . . but it is on record that Lamps has been the MARATHON MAN of the Prem for a decade. Even Bradley Johnson when he won marathon man award claimed that Lamps was his inspiration.

Is it key passes, passes, possession recycling etc?

How many times in the past have I posted OPTA stats here that showed that Lamps was always in the top 3 for such things?

Is that not the reason why OPTA STATS gave Lampard the award of the GREATEST PREMIER-LEAGUE PLAYER OF ALL TIME. . . .for the very season that he bested his peers in all the indices whether passing, key passes, workrate etc?

Of course, when you tell Nateevs that one, he will find another excuse. . . but it all boils down to the same thing that's bugging Nateevs. . . HE CANT DRIBBLE!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what is this guy talking about Champions League?

Asking me that apart from Napoli, which game did Chelsea (and Lampard by extension) dominate?

OK< first strike out Barcelona who no one dominates and Bayern where we took a shadow team, also playing at home.

We dominated Benfica and Napoli. . . simples. You dont have to quote any possession stats for me, we set up to counterattack, we had pure comfort in the matches and we scored when we wanted. WE DOMINATED!

Funny that someone should ask me which match the no8 dominated yet could not tell me what the no10 did in those matches.

We all saw what Lampard did as 1025 said earlier. . . . HE KILLED IT!!!! grin grin grin

We've seen Scolari come and go with posession footie. . . . Lampard was his best player

Ancelotti came and went with possession footie. . . . Lampard was his best player (DD as well)

These two possession managers loved Lampard so much, they claimed he was the best in the world. They could have said same about Drogba, Ballack, Terry, Ashley, Deco or anyone else, but Lampard was their favourite player even whilst playing extreme possession footie of 1000 passes per match.

Now lets see what Gerrard would do with Brendan Rodgers!. . . .which was my question in the first place. . . not some stupid Euro2012 argument which some twanghead brought up as evidence of Gerrard's brilliance in midfield, only to be told by all-and-sundry that he's chatting NONSENSE!!! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
How can anyone take Ibime seriously when he claims Chelsea "dominated" Benfica?

The home game against Benfica was the worst Chelsea performance I've ever seen, Lampard and co were completely played off the park by 10 men in their own backyard.

Of course idiota like Ibime will come and tell us "Chelsea set up to counter, it was all part of the plan, they were 'dominant'" but will have you believe Gerrard/England set out to do a Spain.

Chai, if Ibime were French, his name would be Jeremy Tool-Alan! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2012
chic2pimp: Ibime and his love for Lampard.

Mention Lampard's name and bam he springs out of his hiding place abi nah Hole.

To be fair to him though over the last 10 years or so, only Xavi has performed better on a more consistent basis from the Central Midfield Position(with regards to Club side).

over the last 10 yrs? only xavi? if its about the number of appearances then lampard is the most durable player ever but in terms of top quality performances in the last 10 yrs then lampard wouldn't even be in the top ten midfielders in europe!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ibime.

I didn't come here to argue abeg. This Lamps argument has been going on for like 6 or 7 years on here.
I don tire. I want to have a nice rest. Waking up at 2.30am to catch the PS game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2012
coogar:

over the last 10 yrs? only xavi? if its about the number of appearances then lampard is the most durable player ever but in terms of top quality performances in the last 10 yrs then lampard wouldn't even be in the top ten midfielders in europe!

I'm talking about delivering top level performance week in week out on a comsistent basis.

Some players put in a 9/10 one week then a 5/10 the following week while the likes of Lamps generally put in a 7/10 week in week out.

Go on then name these Ten Midfielders
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
ritchboy: How can anyone take Ibime seriously when he claims Chelsea "dominated" Benfica?

The home game against Benfica was the worst Chelsea performance I've ever seen, Lampard and co were completely played off the park by 10 men in their own backyard.

So you mean Chelsea at 2 goals up were played off the park?

Hahahahaha.

No wonder Arsenal are trophyless. Even when winning 2-0, they dont know when to sit back and let the opposition expend themselves fruitlessly before killing em on counterattack like Meireles!

No wonder Arsenal havent won anything since Gilberto Silva and Vieira, the Kings of such game left the club!!!

Maybe you prefer the match where Chelsea played Arsenal off the park and lost woefully by 5 goals to 3!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2012
Ibime:

So you mean Chelsea at 2 goals up were played off the park?

Hahahahaha.

No wonder Arsenal are trophyless. Even when winning 2-0, they dont know when to sit back and let the opposition expend themselves fruitlessly before killing em on counterattack like Meireles!

No wonder Arsenal havent won anything since Gilberto Silva and Vieira, the Kings of such game left the club!!!

Maybe you prefer the match where Chelsea played Arsenal off the park and lost woefully by 5 goals to 3!

You were just one goal away from getting eliminated against 10 MEN with few minutes left after letting them back in the game by "sitting back and waiting for them to expend themselves" when better sides woulda finished them off.

You were also outplayed for the entire 180 minutes so you must be a tool to suggest you only sat back to defend a two-goal lead when you obviously sat back from the word go because RDM realized Lampard and co are no match for Benfica's swift passing game.

Lampard is now the new Torres aka "man of unending excuses". When Lamps' midfield get's played off the park, it's a tactical decision to "sit back and counter", but when the same happens to Gerrard's midfield it's because he belongs on the right wing.

Ibime, you are a phat phool!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
Is there a direct connection between playing your opponents off the park and losing the game?
It's like when convenient, some argue like it's impossible to play one's opponent off the park and win.

ritchboy:

You were just one goal away from getting eliminated against 10 MEN with few minutes left after letting them back in the game by "sitting back and waiting for them to expend themselves" when better sides woulda finished them off.

You were also outplayed for the entire 180 minutes so you must be a tool to suggest you only sat back to defend a two-goal lead when you obviously sat back from the word go because RDM realized Lampard and co are no match for Benfica's swift passing game.

Lampard is now the new Torres aka "man of unending excuses". When Lamps' midfield get's played off the park, it's a tactical decision to "sit back and counter", but when the same happens to Gerrard's midfield it's because he belongs on the right wing.

Absolutely, it's always tactical.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
nateevs: Ibime.

Waking up at 2.30am to catch the PS game.

Crazy timing and i have to wake up again at 5 am.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
BlueDiva:

Crazy timing and i have to wake up again at 5 am.

I can't believe I am not asleep yet.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc(m): 10:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
I just saw Nuno Gomez saying he joined Blackburn because of "The Project" ..
AVB's ruined football lingo. wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
I've had a pre sleep and just about woke uo. . . watch the game and head to bed after to wake at 7ish. . can't wait to see the boyz in action
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:45am On Jul 19, 2012
ritchboy:

Better teams woulda finished them off. . . shebi like Manure? HAHAHAHAHA!

Wetin concerns Chelsea with attacking a team they are leading two nil.

Just because your mumu club cannot defend 3 goal lead sef doesn't mean you should extrapolate your weaknesses and apply it to Chelsea.

Who is supposed to be attacking? The team with 2 goal advantage or the team desperately chasing the game? If at any time we need to blitz Benfica, we would blitz them just like we did to Napoli.

Why am I arguing with the same eediots that told us that the reason we lost the first leg to Napoli is because "we dont have Lavezzi" only to become dumbstruck when our bulldogs made Lavezzi look like a puppy in the second leg? Magans are coming with the same argument now under the cover of Benfica! When will these guys learn? I dont have to entertain stupid debates about players who have never achieved anything, compared to a resume (Lampard's) that has conquered everything in club football and done so as the most potent midfielder in the country!!!

I dont need to prove jack about Chelsea possession footie. Over the last 3 years, Chelsea have routinely collected 70% possession in matches depending on which manager is in charge. Even Nateevs favourite midfielder Modric has been humbled by Lampard in the possession stakes in several games. You would not find more than 2 matches where Spurs collected above 50% in Modric's whole Spurs career!

Shebi you were there in 2008 under Scolari when Lampard [i]"killed" [/i]Fabregas and Nasri with 60% possession yet lost 2-1. I'm guessing its the same way Benfica "killed" Chelsea yet lost 3-1 and were never in the tie! grin

We are waiting to see how Gerrard would adapt to Rodgers. Thats the simple question I asked, no reason for all this megedefegede about Euro2012, Benfica and all that!

Phools can keep ranting. . . including the ones who hoped we would lose so they could prove a point such as Nateevs. . . Chelsea are UCL WINNERS and the minnows Benfica are a mere footnote, an EASY hurdle that we crossed on our way to the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and whom we dominated from start to finish!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:17am On Jul 19, 2012
Who don wake? Line up for the first 45 at least.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:35am On Jul 19, 2012
Haba! Which kain pitch be dis?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:38am On Jul 19, 2012
This would be my first live pre-season game ever. . . couldn't sleep till I check time and saw it was kick-off time. .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:41am On Jul 19, 2012
@nateevs, I dey here man.

Honestly, I'd like to see Chabolah and Co getting some decent playing time this season.

@ibime, you no dey sleep. hahaha. Amazing season ahead. haha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:42am On Jul 19, 2012
Ibime: This would be my first live pre-season game ever. . . couldn't sleep till I check time and saw it was kick-off time. .

Seriously? All these years, I never imagined that.

@FBS.

Welcome Man.

Lalaboi and Diva don sleep go.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 2:44am On Jul 19, 2012
Abeg wetn b scores oooo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:45am On Jul 19, 2012
Lets go there! yay!
Lukaku starting! nice.

Its only 54 secs and MM already looking bright. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:45am On Jul 19, 2012
Lukaku goal! Nice pass by Josh.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:45am On Jul 19, 2012
Lukaku shows his strength to pop within 2 minutes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 2:46am On Jul 19, 2012
Lukaku. GOAL! hahaha!

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (19619) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: timbros(m), Realtord43 and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.