Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10783017 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7650) (7651) (7652) (7653) (7654) (7655) (7656) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:17am On Sep 05, 2019
Any player that had mostly ACL injury rarely become the player they used to be before the injury.
raumdeuter:

And after the months out, what happened to their career? or months is decades?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:37am On Sep 05, 2019
hensben:
Any player that had mostly ACL injury rarely become the player they used to be before the injury.

Tell that to Nistelrooy or Shearer who went on to break records post ACL injury at a time about 2 decades ago when Sports medicine isn't even this advanced

But its injury that stopped Jesse who didnt do anything noteworthy in a senior career from being balon dor

what can I expect from hensbrain and airmark. The Muniru and Ambali of this section

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:43am On Sep 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

Tell that to Nistelrooy or Shearer who went on to break records post ACL injury at a time about 2 decades ago when Sports medicine isn't even this advanced

But its injury that stopped Jesse who didnt do anything noteworthy in a senior career from being balon dor

what can I expect from hensbrain and airmark. The Muniru and Ambali of this section

Professional footballers and doctors would be having a good laugh at your stupidity. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 1:52am On Sep 05, 2019
larride:
Ibime, nihilistjnr, raumdueter, afrodoc2 read this

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-09-04/is-one-of-the-world-s-biggest-lawsuits-built-on-a-sham

Wonderful piece of investigative journalism.
I do weep for our country, corruption is deeply embedded into our mentality. Our leaders care not one bit for the progress of the citizens.
What a pity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:03am On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-09-04/is-one-of-the-world-s-biggest-lawsuits-built-on-a-sham

Thanks for sharing.

I am.seething at how the British Courts would deliver these scam artists a $9bln judgement for a sham. $9bln is more than 35% of our yearly budget.

How I wish Nigerian secret service was like Mossad. The Quinn family would be receiving bullets by now.

If Buhari was really a General,.Aoondaoka should be summarily arrested.on National TV for not providing Nigeria legal representation. Everyone involved in the deal should be rounded up.on National TV by DSS SWAT team. NTA should make it a talking point for all Nigerians. Just this case alone could reestablish Buhari as a valid anti-corruption President, but the old fool is unimaginative.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:00am On Sep 05, 2019
airmark:

Professional footballers and doctors would be having a good laugh at your stupidity. cheesy

They should laugh at Nistelrooy Shearer who recovered and broke records
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:09am On Sep 05, 2019
Ibime:

Thanks for sharing.

I am.seething at how the British Courts would deliver these scam artists a $9bln judgement for a sham. $9bln is more than 35% of our yearly budget.

How I wish Nigerian secret service was like Mossad. The Quinn family would be receiving bullets by now.

If Buhari was really a General,.Aoondaoka should be summarily arrested.on National TV for not providing Nigeria legal representation. Everyone involved in the deal should be rounded up.on National TV by DSS SWAT team. NTA should make it a talking point for all Nigerians. Just this case alone could reestablish Buhari as a valid anti-corruption President, but the old fool is unimaginative.

From the report one quote that stuck with me is “ Nigerians need to pity their own country for the way things were done in the past”.

Aondoakaa is claiming he didn’t see the contract papers neither was the contract brought to Federal Executive Council, so who exactly signed the contract on behalf of Nigeria? The deal is shrouded in secrecy, I am most certain some Nigerian elite are involved in this sham. Fingers are pointing to TY Danjuma but I don’t believe he’s alone on this.

P&ID have no official office in Nigeria, they don’t even have a functional website ffs. When they took the country to court, why were the Nigerians lawyers reluctant to participate in the case? It was a well coordinated scam. It’s no wonder GEJ negotiated to pay them $800m. Bello Adoke needs to be arrested immediately, that useless former AG was also involved in the sale of OPL 245 to Eni/Shell currently ongoing trial in Italy Courts. He’s said to have received $200m from the deal. angry

Rilwanu Lukman was the petroleum minister then and he’s dead. Yar Adua was in coma then so who gave them
the approval since the contract didn’t pass through FEC. Even Michael Quinn himself is dead. This scam against the country must not stand. I hear FG has opened corruption case against P&ID and are challenging the British judgement.

How the British court that didn’t find Shell culpable for their environmental pollution in the Niger Delta that even resulted to deaths of Nigerians awarded P&ID that huge amount of money for a sham contract is laughable.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 4:20am On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

Looks like an excellent piece. Had to skim through because of time, will peruse it later.

It looks to me like the typical pattern employed for decades by foreign businessmen to use unscrupulous/ignorant Nigerian government officials to fleece the people. A vicious cycle of unfinished and often unnecessary projects in which the common man is the loser and everybody else wins.

The annals of Ajaokuta, NNPC, Nigerian Railways, NITEL etc are full of similar stories. Only difference is that this time it was such a huge amount of money, and we now live in quasi-democratic, less indulgent times.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 7:17am On Sep 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

Apoda check the list of all promising players who failed or players who succeeded which of them didnt have injury

If Messi had failed too he would say it was the injury Gallas gave him at 18 that affected his performance same with Ronaldo or others who became stars
Lmaoooo Airmark can never have sense walahi. Of all players to use as example. Jese! Jese ko Jagz ni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:00am On Sep 05, 2019
A40:
Lmaoooo Airmark can never have sense walahi. Of all players to use as example. Jese! Jese ko Jagz ni

Ajakaja, where were you when I quoted Owen in the past? Were you blind when we talked about Ronaldo and Amunike?

You had wanted me to use Boathand? Sorry, Boathand with or without injury problems, was like Isaac Semitoje, calamitous.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2019
raumdeuter:

They should laugh at Nistelrooy Shearer who recovered and broke records

They will laugh because they know there are degrees of severity in every injury and some rushed back would never get back to their peak again.

You are even better than a40, cos you played monkey post football, that one only kicked unriped oranges.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spillo1: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Unbelievable shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

Looks like an excellent piece. Had to skim through because of time, will peruse it later.

It looks to me like the typical pattern employed for decades by foreign businessmen to use unscrupulous/ignorant Nigerian government officials to fleece the people. A vicious cycle of unfinished and often unnecessary projects in which the common man is the loser and everybody else wins.

The annals of Ajaokuta, NNPC, Nigerian Railways, NITEL etc are full of similar stories. Only difference is that this time it was such a huge amount of money, and we now live in quasi-democratic, less indulgent times.

The government officials in this particular deal are not ignorant. They are unscrupulous and greedy officials who only care about what enters their own pocket. It’s unfortunate how corruption has eaten deep into the country fabrics.

It will take a lot of cleansing to get us out of these mess we have found ourselves. Those who benefit from all these corruption will not go down easily, they will fight to protect their interest.

The judiciary need massive restructuring, cases drag for too long and most times they are lost on technicalities. There are some cases they should terminate at the CoA but it goes all the way to the Supreme Court. They need to restructure that judiciary and create a special corruption court to fast tracking trial of corruption cases.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:44am On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

The government officials in this particular deal are not ignorant. They are unscrupulous and greedy officials who only care about what enters their own pocket. It’s unfortunate how corruption has eaten deep into the country fabrics.

It will take a lot of cleansing to get us out of these mess we have found ourselves. Those who benefit from all these corruption will not go down easily, they will fight to protect their interest.

The judiciary need massive restructuring, cases drag for too long and most times they are lost on technicalities. There are some cases they should terminate at the CoA but it goes all the way to the Supreme Court. They need to restructure that judiciary and create a special corruption court to fast tracking trial of corruption cases.

Where do you get the incorruptible judges for such a system? How do you flush out the corrupt elements from the political ecosystem when the man on the street is impoverished, uneducated and easily swayed by cash, food, or appeal to either ethnic or religious affiliation?

I remember some years ago when it was leaked that the U.S viewed Nigeria as a failed state people were up in arms. Now what they anticipated is becoming more obvious daily.

As long as ethnicity and religion are major factors in our politics i don’t see a way forward. Only when the people are able to unite across ethnic and religious borders and fight their true enemies i.e the political class, can we have real progress in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 9:52am On Sep 05, 2019
spillo1:
Unbelievable shocked shocked shocked
lol..this thread don suffer grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:09am On Sep 05, 2019
Injury is really affecting Lampard’s plan for the team. If all players are fit Lampard will be winning games comfortably.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

Where do you get the incorruptible judges for such a system? How do you flush out the corrupt elements from the political ecosystem when the man on the street is impoverished, uneducated and easily swayed by cash, food, or appeal to either ethnic or religious affiliation?

I remember some years ago when it was leaked that the U.S viewed Nigeria as a failed state people were up in arms. Now what they anticipated is becoming more obvious daily.

As long as ethnicity and religion are major factors in our politics i don’t see a way forward. Only when the people are able to unite across ethnic and religious borders and fight their true enemies i.e the political class, can we have real progress in Nigeria.

Solid point but don’t you think it is the political class that is still going to bring the changes we want in the nation? Yes we need to unite and shun ethnicity and religion but after uniting what comes next? We still need to clean the political system.

Don’t forget that these politicial class are drawn from among us, they are not alien. They are the ones meant to preach unity but they are the one stoking the flames of religion and tribal sentiment for their own personal gain. The question I always ask is, if we do away with these ruling class, what’s the guarantee that those coming in will be better than these ones? I look at the current “Youth” who are to be leaders of tomorrow and I shake my head, how exactly are we going to get it right?

Barrack Obama once asked a question “Strong men or strong institution” which do we need? I think this particular question is what we should find answer to currently. Which one do the nation needs right now, Strong men or Strong Institution? I say strong institution because Strong men will come and go but institution remains for continuous check and balances.

I want to believe we still have incorruptible judges in the judiciary. We cannot keep making excuses, we have to try. Special corruption court with stringent guidelines will be a landmark achievement in cleansing our political system. Let corruption cases not extend beyond 3-5 months and straight to the Supreme Court for appeal which should not last more than 1 month. 1 of such court can be located in each geopolitical zones instead of taking everything to Abuja. Then the Supreme Court must screen all appeals coming to their table. So many frivolous appeal make their way to the Supreme Court which should have terminated at the CoA. Some cases use years before they are heard at the SC which shouldn’t be the case. We must find a way to reform our Judiciary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:35am On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

Solid point but don’t you think it is the political class that is still going to bring the changes we want in the nation? Yes we need to unite and shun ethnicity and religion but after uniting what comes next? We still need to clean the political system.

Don’t forget that these politicial class are drawn from among us, they are not alien. They are the ones meant to preach unity but they are the one stoking the flames of religion and tribal sentiment for their own personal gain. The question I always ask is, if we do away with these ruling class, what’s the guarantee that those coming in will be better than these ones? I look at the current “Youth” who are to be leaders of tomorrow and I shake my head, how exactly are we going to get it right?

Barrack Obama once asked a question “Strong men or strong institution” which do we need? I think this particular question is what we should find answer to currently. Which one do the nation needs right now, Strong men or Strong Institution? I say strong institution because Strong men will come and go but institution remains for continuous check and balances.

I want to believe we still have incorruptible judges in the judiciary. We cannot keep making excuses, we have to try. Special corruption court with stringent guidelines will be a landmark achievement in cleansing our political system. Let corruption cases not extend beyond 3-5 months and straight to the Supreme Court for appeal which should not last more than 1 month. 1 of such court can be located in each geopolitical zones instead of taking everything to Abuja. Then the Supreme Court must screen all appeals coming to their table. So many frivolous appeal make their way to the Supreme Court which should have terminated at the CoA. Some cases use years before they are heard at the SC which shouldn’t be the case. We must find a way to reform our Judiciary.

You have some good points. However WE, the people choose (or are meant to choose) the ruling political class. Therefore if we continue to choose people based on ethnicity/religion/bribe received we will keep on getting inept/corrupt people to form our political ruling class.

It is a bit like the chicken and egg dilemma. Do the leaders initiate the change in the people, or do we need the people to change their leaders?

I do agree with you that we need strong institutions but the problem is that one good leader or one “strong” leader would struggle to effect those changes in a democracy. We need a critical mass of good leaders to rise up at the same time and take control because one solo saint will be swallowed in the mess that is Nigerian politics.

Unfortunately the only solution IMO is either a grassroots people’s revolution OR a military revolution, AND i don’t think Nigerians are ready for either one.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2019
hensben:
Injury is really affecting Lampard’s plan for the team. If all players are fit Lampard will be winning games comfortably.

Our bench in our last match was an eyesore. I had headache immediately, Fraudiola wouldn't go to an epl match with such.

What do you think about

Reece-Christensen-Tomori-Emerson?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

You have some good points. However WE, the people choose (or are meant to choose) the ruling political class. Therefore if we continue to choose people based on ethnicity/religion/bribe received we will keep on getting inept/corrupt people to form our political ruling class.

It is a bit like the chicken and egg dilemma. Do the leaders initiate the change in the people, or do we need the people to change their leaders?

I do agree with you that we need strong institutions but the problem is that one good leader or one “strong” leader would struggle to effect those changes in a democracy. We need a critical mass of good leaders to rise up at the same time and take control because one solo saint will be swallowed in the mess that is Nigerian politics.

Unfortunately the only solution IMO is either a grassroots people’s revolution OR a military revolution, AND i don’t think Nigerians are ready for either one.
@ the bolded..

How about disintegration?
Let the 3 major tribes go her way and sort out their selves.

We cant coexist with all the numerous tribal bigotry in each parastatal and departments across every sector of the economy.

Isn't it clear yet that the one Nigeria phrase isn't working no more
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2019
seankafor:
@ the bolded..

How about disintegration?
Let the 3 major tribes go her way and sort out their selves.

We cant coexist with all the numerous tribal bigotry in each parastatal and departments across every sector of the economy.

Isn't it clear yet that the one Nigeria phrase isn't working no more

What about all the minor tribes in the 3 major tribes? There’s tribal bigotry because that’s what our leaders are using to enslave us. When it’s time to share or loot the nation, there’s no Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Ijaw or Kanuri, they are one Nigerian. It is when it comes to politics that they start playing the tribal and religion card.

We can co-exist if we shed the hatred, distrust and suspicion that our political leaders have sown among us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2019
airmark:

Our bench in our last match was an eyesore. I had headache immediately, Fraudiola wouldn't go to an epl match with such.

What do you think about

Reece-Christensen-Tomori-Emerson?
Reece Tomori Rudiger Emerson to me
Kovacic Jorginho Kante in the middle
Cho Tammy Pulisic in attack.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2019
hensben:
Reece Tomori Rudiger Emerson to me

I'm not comfortable with Rudiger at the back too.

Pulisic may be coming in after the first half. Pedro may be starting ahead of him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2019
airmark:

Ajakaja, where were you when I quoted Owen in the past? Were you blind when we talked about Ronaldo and Amunike?

You had wanted me to use Boathand? Sorry, Boathand with or without injury problems, was like Isaac Semitoje, calamitous.
Apoche cra cra, asinwin ni e se. When would you stop making foolish comparisons and equivalents?

I don't know what loud you smoked that made you bring up Jese in your jejune link to prove anything. Nobody who follows sport is oblivious of what injuries can do to a player.

Who cares if you don't use Boateng? His accolades before injury speaks for him, Owen, Ronaldo. This doesn't apply to Belloti relapsti and the Jesse Jagz you posted here. Ewu Gambia

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

I tell those I can that politics is local and to get it right, it must start at the grassroots.

I think the country need massive reorientation about what to expect from their elected officials. Some see their elected official as an avenue to share in the National cake and not for Nation building. The pressure on elected official to “drop” something for boys/women/chiefs n so on in the community is an hindrance also. Some will even tell you if it’s roads, buildings n co they are going to eat without knowing that infrastructural development drives economic development.

There are more questions than answers, are the “supposed good leaders” ready to do the work required to get to these positions? (Grassroots mobilizations and participation) Won’t most of them think going to the grassroots is below them already? How are we suppose to know the good leaders that won’t get corrupted by the system?

As much as I believe in the country, sometimes I just sigh, shake my head and pray for a miracle. Everything look bleak.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
airmark:

I'm not comfortable with Rudiger at the back too.

Pulisic may be coming in after the first half. Pedro may be starting ahead of him.
Rudiger is not a top top defender but his fight spirit is top notch and needed at the back. Tomori has that leadership spirit because of his calmness.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

I tell those I can that politics is local and to get it right, it must start at the grassroots.

I think the country need massive reorientation about what to expect from their elected officials. Some see their elected official as an avenue to share in the National cake and not for Nation building. The pressure on elected official to “drop” something for boys/women/chiefs n so on in the community is an hindrance also. Some will even tell you if it’s roads, buildings n co they are going to eat without knowing that infrastructural development drives economic development.

There are more questions than answers, are the “supposed good leaders” ready to do the work required to get to these positions? (Grassroots mobilizations and participation) Won’t most of them think going to the grassroots is below them already? How are we suppose to know the good leaders that won’t get corrupted by the system?

As much as I believe in the country, sometimes I just sigh, shake my head and pray for a miracle. Everything look bleak.

You have nailed it. My conclusion unfortunately is that there is no hope for the country. I hope i am wrong though.
But just like not every musician will blow, not every country will blow.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

Nigeria is near finished...Our leaders care not.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
hensben:
Rudiger is not a top top defender but his fight spirit is top notch and needed at the back. Tomori has that leadership spirit because of his calmness.

Sometimes you need one of your CBs to be a good sweeper and organiser, which I'm not sure Rudiger could do well.

I actually don't know why Christensen hasn't cemented his place in that defence. Not sure the guy can lift 30kg weight.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

The answer is Biafra.

I think that much is obvious from your conversation with Afrodoc2.

Nigerians will never truly unite across tribal lines, so the only way to set up strong institutions within those tribal lines.

Split the country up, and then create strong institutions based on self-preservation.

Any other option is wishful thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
airmark:

Sometimes you need one of your CBs to be a good sweeper and organiser, which I'm not sure Rudiger could do well.

I actually don't know why Christensen hasn't cemented his place in that defence. Not sure the guy can lift 30kg weight.
Christensen gets bullied all the time. He should put on some weights
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
Both of you have made very good points about our country's state of affairs.

We have one major problem in this country, which is IGNORANCE.
Tribalism, religious bigotry, chauvinism and jingoism are all offsprings of ignorance(the lack of informed knowledge).

Which is why ironically this South African xenophobic attacks plays into Nigerian's hand.

History shows that people always unite when given a common enemy.

You could see how these attacks have made a lot of people forget tribal differences and unite against South Africa or during the World Cup where no one cares whether any player is of any religious or tribal extract and unites behind the players.

I believe that with the constant rise of social media and the use of internet, more people will have access to accurate information which will inturn make people less religious and tribal and unite together to achieve common goals for the benefit of the large populace.

I strongly believe time will solve our problems, the amount of influence, the current political class holds cannot be underestimated.

The likes of babangida, obasanjo, gowon, ty danjuma, abdulsalami and the rest have held political power and influence for the better part of 50 years.

They have amassed wealth which continues to give them that influence as to who holds the key positions in their regions.
When most or all of them dies, this strong hold on the ruling elite dies with them and then a reset is possible.

It is said You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7650) (7651) (7652) (7653) (7654) (7655) (7656) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TemporaryHansel, larride(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.