Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10782975 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7651) (7652) (7653) (7654) (7655) (7656) (7657) ... (19491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
nihilistjnr:

The answer is Biafra.

I think that much is obvious from your conversation with Afrodoc2.

Nigerians will never truly unite across tribal lines, so the only way to set up strong institutions within those tribal lines.

Split the country up, and then create strong institutions based on self-preservation.

Any other option is wishful thinking.
That's quite obvious, except for politicians and their cronies benefiting from this current faulty system — Lord Lugard's "failed experiment".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
donjazet:
Both of you have made very good points about our country's state of affairs.

We have one major problem in this country, which is IGNORANCE.
Tribalism, religious bigotry, chauvinism and jingoism are all offsprings of ignorance(the lack of informed knowledge).

Which is why ironically this South African xenophobic attacks plays into Nigerian's hand.

History shows that people always unite when given a common enemy.

You could see how these attacks have made a lot of people forget tribal differences and unite against South Africa or during the World Cup where no one cares whether any player is of any religious or tribal extract and unites behind the players.

I believe that with the constant rise of social media and the use of internet, more people will have access to accurate information which will inturn make people less religious and tribal and unite together to achieve common goals for the benefit of the large populace.
agreed 100 % without any iota of reservation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jencejyde(m): 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

I tell those I can that politics is local and to get it right, it must start at the grassroots.

I think the country need massive reorientation about what to expect from their elected officials. Some see their elected official as an avenue to share in the National cake and not for Nation building. The pressure on elected official to “drop” something for boys/women/chiefs n so on in the community is an hindrance also. Some will even tell you if it’s roads, buildings n co they are going to eat without knowing that infrastructural development drives economic development.

There are more questions than answers, are the “supposed good leaders” ready to do the work required to get to these positions? (Grassroots mobilizations and participation) Won’t most of them think going to the grassroots is below them already? How are we suppose to know the good leaders that won’t get corrupted by the system?

As much as I believe in the country, sometimes I just sigh, shake my head and pray for a miracle. Everything look bleak.

I am truly impressed with the engaging discuss here. I wonder how we got to where we are today as a Nation. Its a pity!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
nihilistjnr:

The answer is Biafra.

I think that much is obvious from your conversation with Afrodoc2.

Nigerians will never truly unite across tribal lines, so the only way to set up strong institutions within those tribal lines.

Split the country up, and then create strong institutions based on self-preservation.

Any other option is wishful thinking.

Are you saying once the country breaks up, these politicians will become saints overnight? Because I am sure they will still be the one conducting the affairs of things in these new country/region.

Our problems goes far beyond disintegration, we have leadership issue and it is wishful thinking if we think splitting up will even begin to solve the issue. You have to look at this issue comprehensively.

Look at each state in the country, they collect monthly allocation, generate internal revenue, even FG gives some states bail out funds yet their states is nothing to write home about. Do you think all these issue of corruption, kickback, nepotism, insecurity will go away once we split up?

Let’s even look at the core state that makes up the so called Biafra; Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, some parts of Delta and Rivers. Are you saying once they get Biafra, Ikpeazu will turn a saint? Or Ihedioha that’s busy fighting Okorocha in Imo will begin to govern the state instead once we split up? Gov Umahi of Ebonyi did not need Biafra before he start working for his people and turning their fortunes around.

There is no country that is 100% united but they don’t let nation building suffer because of their tribal differences. Those in the Senate and HoR are collecting their bogus allowances whether from the North or from the South. It is when it’s time for election that those tribal sentiments start coming up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2019

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lana1:

LWKMD

Zouma sabotaging the efforts of Abraham

Na who we offend
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

Are you saying once the country breaks up, these politicians will become saints overnight? Because I am sure they will still be the one conducting the affairs of things in these new country/region.

No they won't, but the distance between the common man and the government is greatly shortened.

The man living in Owerri can't blame government in Abuja anymore. He doesn't have the inclination to travel that far to demand accountability. The person he needs to hold lives right there with him.

That's the Koko.

You were talking about grassroots politics.. well, this is only way the grass and the root can combine in a meaningful fashion

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lana1:

grin grin grin
Lana1 you don craze. So Zouma Na 5th columnist sabotaging the efforts of his African broda?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
nihilistjnr:

No they won't, but the distance between the common man and the government is greatly shortened.

The man living in Owerri can't blame government in Abuja anymore. He doesn't have the inclination to travel that far to demand accountability. The person he needs to hold lives right there with him.

That's the Koko.

You were talking about grassroots politics.. well, this is only way the grass and the root can combine in a meaningful fashion

But they do have Local government chairmen, why are they not demanding accountability from them?

FG has recently started paying Local Government allocation into Local Governmemt Account instead of State Government Account, this is the FG giving local government autonomy, so why can’t we start holding our local representative to account on how they are spending our scarce resources? Why is the searchlight on Abuja and not equally on each State Govenors?

Most of the things we criticize Abuja for are the responsibilities of the state governmemt. Take for instance Education, Basic and Secondary Education are in the purview of the state government yet some of the buildings in our primary and secondary schools nationwide are Tetfund projects and UBEC project which are Federal Governmemt intervention projects. Some states even refuse to contribute the counterpart funding for this project e.g Kwara. Look at Health Industry, the FG has NHIS but how many state government has keyed into the program? There are many cases like this.

Let’s us talk about splitting up, the process is so tedious that the energy we will use for the process can be used to demand accountability from our leaders. If the people in each state unite (even if it’s along tribal lines) to demand accountability from their respective local representatives, we will begin to see changes we all clamor for.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ohamadike! Will you at this time restore the kingdom to biafra? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
afrodoc2:

grin grin grin
Lana1 you don craze. So Zouma Na 5th columnist sabotaging the efforts of his African broda?

grin grin
Instead of warning/helping Tammy, na Azpilicueta dey there dey record.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
Imagine spreading clothes like this outside Langley grin grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 3:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
@ larride

U re right after all..

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 4:18pm On Sep 05, 2019
seankafor:
@ larride

U re right after all..

Still one of the failings of government.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2019
larride:

But they do have Local government chairmen, why are they not demanding accountability from them?

FG has recently started paying Local Government allocation into Local Governmemt Account instead of State Government Account, this is the FG giving local government autonomy, so why can’t we start holding our local representative to account on how they are spending our scarce resources? Why is the searchlight on Abuja and not equally on each State Govenors?

Most of the things we criticize Abuja for are the responsibilities of the state governmemt. Take for instance Education, Basic and Secondary Education are in the purview of the state government yet some of the buildings in our primary and secondary schools nationwide are Tetfund projects and UBEC project which are Federal Governmemt intervention projects. Some states even refuse to contribute the counterpart funding for this project e.g Kwara. Look at Health Industry, the FG has NHIS but how many state government has keyed into the program? There are many cases like this.

Let’s us talk about splitting up, the process is so tedious that the energy we will use for the process can be used to demand accountability from our leaders. If the people in each state unite (even if it’s along tribal lines) to demand accountability from their respective local representatives, we will begin to see changes we all clamor for.

The decisions that affect the common man are made in Abuja, not at LGC or State Level

Abuja is a place where compromises are made to accommodate party interests rather than electorate interests

Apga or whoever the Igbo party is, are forced to make s deal with the bigger boys there simply to get the chance to be in the room, not even to seat at the table, when resources are being allocated to regions

Split up the country, and Apga doesn't have to worry about what APC can offer them in Abuja in exchange for votes in Enugu.

Apga can simply focus on delivering change to Enugu.

The common man also now knows, there there are fewer middlemen and arrangements standing in the way recieving the dividends of democracy, so he feels enfranchised again to exercise his Viren
Nigeria is an unweldy beast to administer at the best of times - and these are the worst of the worst times

Break it, and things will be better. It doesn't have to be perfect ...but anything is better than the status quo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
nihilistjnr:

The decisions that affect the common man are made in Abuja, not at LGC or State Level

Abuja is a place where compromises are made to accommodate party interests rather than electorate interests

Apga or whoever the Igbo party is, are forced to make s deal with the bigger boys there simply to get the chance to be in the room, not even to seat at the table, when resources are being allocated to regions

Split up the country, and Apga doesn't have to worry about what APC can offer them in Abuja in exchange for votes in Enugu.

The common man also now knows, there there are fewer middlemen and arrangements standing in the way recieving the dividends of democracy, so he feels enfranchised again to exercise his Viren
Nigeria is an unweldy beast to administer at the best of times - and these are the worst of the worst times

Break it, and things will be better. It doesn't have to be perfect ...but anything is better than the status quo
What if there are four countries in a country... Like the United Kingdom.. Biafra, Afenifere, Arewa and Niger delta... They will make their own policies... Develope themselves.. And so on... While the four countries will have representatives that will represent their interests in Abuja or wherever...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
obainojazz:
What if there are four countries in a country... Like the United Kingdom.. Biafra, Afenifere, Arewa and Niger delta... They will make their own policies... Develope themselves.. And so on... While the four countries will have representatives that will represent their interests in Abuja or wherever...

Dem want starve?

Let us be going with our oyel money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
Belotti alert

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Grundig: 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2019
Is that a second bellotti goal or an own goal by the Armenia keeper
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
Airmark shey you see that belotti strike? Shame it will be recorded as an own goal by the GK
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
Leyqute:
Airmark shey you see that belotti strike? Shame it will be recorded as an own goal by the GK

I only saw his first goal, will check it later. It seems the boy is getting back to his peak gradually. He scored 6goals for Torino in europa qualifiers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2019
airmark:

I only saw his first goal, will check it later. It seems the boy is getting back to his peak gradually. He scored 6goals for Torino in europa qualifiers.

Might be a little too late for him although I won’t rule it out.

He just scored another goal which was wrongly ruled out for offside.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 6:58pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ibime:

Dem want starve?

Let us be going with our oyel money
;DThe oil money that only few people loot.. Look at the way south west is surviving without it.. Some will say the money developed Lagos grin
I don't know much about Tinubu's era... But from fashola to Ambode, Lagos has been doing alright with good infrastructures..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Lol. Bros I’m not sure you understand that post you quoted. You are making the same assumption I was trying to correct with that post.

Most of the decisions that affect the common man are being taken at the state level. Beam the searchlight on the Governors and you will understand what I am saying. Apga in Enugu do not need APC to deliver dividend of democracy to those who voted them into power.

For instance, when FG increases minimum wage to 18,000, till date some states were not paying the 18k minimum wage. Even now, the reason why the new minimum wage hasn’t been implemented is because some of the states are saying they can’t pay 30k minimum wage. These are the Governor that budget billions of Naira as security votes for themselves.

What are the states doing to empower their citizens? What are they doing to bring investors to their states? Most roads in Nigeria are states road, why are the state govenors not doing about their states road network? Most land in the country belong to the state governmemt, there are some that are allocated to the FG though. Most times when the FG want to carry out housing project or any kind of project, they have to ask for land from the state government, what are the state governors doing about housing issues? I already talked about Education and Health.

One example that negates what you posted is Ebonyi State. Martin Elechi the former Governor of Ebonyi state was a PDP Governor during a PDP led FG in Abuja but there’s no single development he brought to Ebonyi State. Now compare to PDP Dave Umahi administration under a APC led FG and see the kind of transformation the man has brought to Ebonyi.

I’m sorry to say but your knowledge about governance in Nigeria is lacking maybe because you have been away for quite some time.

It is ridiculous to blame the FG for State Governmemt irresponsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
patrickmuf:

Nigeria is near finished...Our leaders care not.
The problem is the people not the leaders
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
obainojazz:
;DThe oil money that only few people loot.. Look at the way south west is surviving without it.. Some will say the money developed Lagos grin
I don't know much about Tinubu's era... But from fashola to Ambode, Lagos has been doing alright with good infrastructures..

When Naija split up, Lagosians will start doing Xenophobia

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
Leyqute:

Might be a little too late for him although I won’t rule it out.

He just scored another goal which was wrongly ruled out for offside.

I may faint if he returns to his peak and a team like United sign him in January, and use him to destroy Chelsea at Stamford bridge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ibime:

When Naija split up, Lagosians will start doing Xenophobia
I saw what you did there cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
airmark:

I may faint if he returns to his peak and a team like United sign him in January, and use him to destroy Chelsea at Stamford bridge.

Oh Kay
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
Look at Navas playing well at RB for Spain. Old cargo never die grin

Their attack is not as sharp as you’d expected. Morata didn’t even make matchday squad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (7651) (7652) (7653) (7654) (7655) (7656) (7657) ... (19491) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: larride(m), andrewbaba44, milann and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.