Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,903 members, 7,922,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:55 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (937107 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
Just finished with exams.
congrats to all those who had successful interviewa.
I collected my visa and brown envelop today @gss..i just dey happy since,see u later!!!!.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
@zerzer, a Big Congrats!
@gbusta, Congrats!
@shipsonpipe, Congrats!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
Big Congrats!
ZerZer,@gbusta, Congrats!
@shipsonpipe, Congrats![/quote]
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
@ zerzer: congrat.
@ g-bustop: congrat.
@ shipsonsipe: congrat.
@ bibloo7: congrat.
@ petal: congrat.

God's is really doin a great wrk n ds E-family. So more more gud news house thanx u God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
@ bibloo7: congrat.
@ petal: congrat.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
zerzer :
for does of u going for interview,pls do nt parnick cuz if u do ur body language will change u can even say wat u dnt knw,ok now for a example i had a friend who won dv lottery sme years back,on is form he wrote dat is date of birth was 1987,and is birth certificate shows 1987 but wen he was asked by the co is date of birth he parnicked and said 1980 and he was refused visa cuz of dat,what do u think is de reason for de lottery.america is a great nation today cuz it was build by immigrant,so dey need more people who will add to de economy nd development of dat great country america so wen interviewed talk like u knw wat u are doing be bold as if u are de only hope dey need,let ur body language tell dat u hve alot to add to dat country and also talk like u have idears dat will move de country to dat next level

True talk// Gbam
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 11:52pm On Apr 11, 2013
@ zerzer,g-bustop,shipsonsipe,bibloo7 and petal congratulation!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 12:20am On Apr 12, 2013
g-busta:
Sorry this is coming late its been a rough and high tensioned experience actually but thank God its all worth it.. Had my interview ystday and thank God for he has showered his goodness upon me.

Got to the embassy, passed thru diferent security checks, was 1st to get into the interview hall, which i have been avoiding coz i don't wanna be the 1st to be interviewed..but it wasn't in that order i was the fift person to be interviewed, even tho i had the 1st number for immigrant category.paid the visa fee, waited for some mins and was caled for submission of document. Waited for close to an hour b4 the CO's came to their respective windows. The eldest CO called me 2 window 13, the interview was less than 5mins ......

Co:Good morning
Me: morning sir ( nah phonetic i dey speak ooo)
Me: how u doing
CO: fine
Co: are u sososo
Me: yes sir
Co: wanna take ur fingerprints
Me: took my fingerprint, did the oath
Co: u have 2 results here
Me: yes, i'm using a combined result
Co: don't u have result from ur secondary sch
Me: yes, the result was bad, so i don't use it
Co: what's ur highest education qualification
Me: national diploma in business admin
Co: tell me abt ur course in sch
Me: i mentioned some d rest don delete 4 my memory, i just started explaining business administration itself (question wey he no ask)
Co: what do u intend to do when u get to the United state.
Me: futher my education, get a good job and start a new life.
Co: okay let me get this paper, take ur documents back, ur visa as been approved.
Me: thank u sir
Co: when do u inted to travel
Me: in 2 months tym.
Co: u know u must travel b4 ur medicals expires
Me: yeah sirThen he told me abt the GC payment and where and when to pick up my visa angry
Me: thank u

I was scared b4 the interview but the guy beside me was giving me confidence and i was laffin @ my self, like what's up with me....but its so unfortunate the guy was being denied coz the CO believed his waec certificate isn't original, he checked the internet and saw the result but he still wasn't convinced. He pain me 4 d guy...
That's it folks smiled out of the embassy, filled with joy. It has been what my prayers has been based on for close to a year now, i got out of the interview hall, tipped the securities and bowed to Allah for his goodness and mercies upon me. Alhamdulilai YES LORD, MarylanD here i come

[/font]
cheesy[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

cheesy grin CONGRATULATION ĩ̷̊ can see ow happy U̶̲̥̅̊ re
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:22am On Apr 12, 2013
.....exactly two years today in God's own country>>>>>>>>o se BABA.

5 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by nkkystel(f): 1:19am On Apr 12, 2013
Congrats to Zerzer, Gbusta and Shipsonpipe. Go live ur American dream!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 2:40am On Apr 12, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
2 years!, glory to God......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jbmohd: 4:58am On Apr 12, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
congrat sir
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by dortex4real(m): 6:31am On Apr 12, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
2 years today? That's really wonderful. Could u pls share your experience overthere with the house
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:42am On Apr 12, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations and still wishing u all the best ahead.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:47am On Apr 12, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

Congratulations. It is well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:48am On Apr 12, 2013
@zerzer and @shipsonsipe:
Congrats to you guys.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hardedahyor(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
Congratulations sir!!! More blessings a head
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 7:28am On Apr 12, 2013
@Ferdimako:I didn't say the repetition of 17000 was due to no visas...I said it was due to backlog of those with low CNs and who have showed interests in pursuing their cases.Was English the problem?

Hahaha! Little you, insult I can see. I wonder why most children in Nairaland like insulting people they don’t even know. My little friend, how old are you? Well, not to thread words with you. Check me up with Prince.Ogutum on facebook. If you must know, I am a script writer, a movie producer, an IT professional, an instructor and a lecturer. A man with a son of 17years is not a small boy ok? That some of us choose to remain silent does not make us deciles. Little English assignment for you: in two statements with examples, “What is the difference between doing the right thing, and doing things right?” You are free to google it or even consult and English graduate, if you get the answer, I will send you 1500 airtime of your choice.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2013
pjogutum1: adeniyisavage:

I don't think that's fair, having a low cn,not processing your forms early enough,then having a turnaround during the last months. KCC should look into it,giving everyone a fair chance at interview.

Yeah it is not. My friend (Stanley) in 2008 was selected and he never got scheduled. We were keeping our fingers crossed and didn't broadcast it until the curtains were drawn.No interview no visa because of higher case file number and people with low CNs getting the visas.

I was selected on May 1 2012 with 2613 CN and could have been interviewed in October because the cut-off was 10000 and I sent back those forms after a week and after 13 days, the results were rescinded. Not fair and that was the first scenario of this kind.Computer glitch huh! I am still alive.

The only most known way people with higher CNs get called or ALL CURRENT by August or September (although they could ship in more visas to any region and they don't actually exhaust them either)and I think the latter has happened for the past two consecutive years (NIGERIA ALL CURRENT) are when most folks with lower CNs do not get the passes because of no cash, didn't know they were selected, agent wahalla,forgotten or lost Confirmation numbers, fake marriages,fake documents,inability to defend certs. deaths of a principal winners,no more interests and rigors of processing, then the higher case number holders will smile and shine.

My other pal (Tony)that left for TX last Thursday had 1676 and was interviewed on Dec 10 2012. And if you had sent in his application by January he could still have been called sooner than someone with 8089.It's not fair but I think they respect the rule of being Current!

I wish everybody all the best and those with higher CNs too but keep your fingers crossed. Don't think it's a do or die thing. Some with lower CNs still fail (stories abound) and some go into America and still run come back.

Ferdimako: As much as I will agree with most of the contents of your write up this was what I discovered from my little investigation.
1. 6000 Nigerians warn the DV lottery, but only 4,015 submitted their forms as at today.
2. Nigeria alone is entitled to 3, 500 visa’s
3. Since Oct 2012 to date only about 1, 654 Africans has been issued with visa and Nigeria taking about 1, 120 visas.
4. the first 50,000 dv winners released by May 2012, are supposed to be issued with visa first, before the second release of Oct 2012
5. all Nigerians with case numbers below 50,000 will be current by July 2013.
6. this is the second time since the dv result was released that Nigeria is static? The reason is not because of lack of visa, the reason is to allow the CO’s finish with those that are current before taking up more issues
7. between Oct 2012 to date that about 800 Nigerians has been denied visa 4015 – 800 = 3215 put into consideration those that are not Nairalanders that will still be denied visa and deduct it from 3215 and tell me if there is enough visa for those remaining or not.

The truth remains that the next visa bulletin will take if not all most remaining DV winners from Nigeria. I said it from the first day that I am looking forward to August for my interview, I am not in a hurry and the DV have not stopped me from being serious with my life please all yet to be current should do the same, get busy with yourself the visa is sure, use this period of your waiting to organize yourself and do some certifications if possible.
@Ferdimako your case of cancellation and this is not the same situation, the cancellation was a general thing, if you where to be a medical doctor many people would have died in your hospital because of your approach oh! Hahaha @.pjogutum1 where ave u been long time hope u are good,I dey ur pot may be my Oga @ the top can read ur analyse,thanks jare

I am fine my friend , just observing and listening to insulting children.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 12, 2013
pjogutum1: @Ferdimako:I didn't say the repetition of 17000 was due to no visas...I said it was due to backlog of those with low CNs and who have showed interests in pursuing their cases.Was English the problem?

Hahaha! Little you, insult I can see. I wonder why most children in Nairaland like insulting people they don’t even know. My little friend, how old are you? Well, not to thread words with you. Check me up with Prince.Ogutum on facebook. If you must know, I am a script writer, a movie producer, an IT professional, an instructor and a lecturer. A man with a son of 17years is not a small boy ok? That some of us choose to remain silent does not make us deciles. Little English assignment for you: in two statements with examples, “What is the difference between doing the right thing, and doing things right?” You are free to google it or even consult and English graduate, if you get the answer, I will send you 1500 airtime of your choice.

With all those u still wanna run?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bibi007: 7:47am On Apr 12, 2013
hello pls i want to know the step of paying the uscis fee in nigeria,
@getinger what is the procedure for nurses who are immigrant in securing job
how can i cope in us especially in securing job. waiting
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 7:56am On Apr 12, 2013
@Ferdimako: Run to where? Kindly go through all my post and contributions in this thread and tell me if I sound like one that is desperate, for your information i have a good job and i have got the skill to Survive anywhere; it is just a privilege that I warn. I’m still waiting for the answers to my English question since you know grammar very well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 12, 2013
pjogutum1: @Ferdimako: Run to where? Kindly go through all my post and contributions in this thread and tell me if I sound like one that is desperate, for your information i have a good job and i have got the skill to Survive anywhere; it is just a privilege that I warn. I’m still waiting for the answers to my English question since you know grammar very well.

You can reject to go and I won't allow you near my kids' school as a teacher.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:09am On Apr 12, 2013
dortex4real: 2 years today? That's really wonderful. Could u pls share your experience overthere with the house

@ adesoji: I'm using ds tyme 2 pry 4 u sir, like u said dat, u av used 2yrs n US...ur 2yrs nd more oda looooooooooong yrs u r goin 2 spend n US ( u wil be among of youngest millionair n US,new house, new latest of range over jeep, new company nd long life) iJN name (Amen)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2013
@Ferdemiko: Hahaha, your replies are laughable, you are hiding under the clove of Nairaland to insult people, I am a Rivers man born and bred in Port Harcourt. I have nothing to hide, if you are sure that you are married; and have a family send me your facebook ID just as I did because I want to check you out.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:42am On Apr 12, 2013
pjogutum1: @Ferdemiko: Hahaha, your replies are laughable, you are hiding under the clove of Nairaland to insult people, I am a Rivers man born and bred in Port Harcourt. I have nothing to hide, if you are sure that you are married; and have a family send me your facebook ID just as I did because I want to check you out.

@ pjogutum1: pls let bury ds issue so dat we can move ahead ok.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 8:55am On Apr 12, 2013
@Fermiko: You can reject to go and I won't allow you near my kids' school as a teacher.

I can see you are making reference to my topographical error of writing warn instead of won, that is a very common mistake with typing very fast both readers and professors make same and it is called an oversight ok, and that is why we have editors all over the world.

@rodboy:

Sorry I had to point out to ferdemiko that he is not ‘know it all’ this is why most elders in the house wouldn’t say anything because they wouldn’t want any child to insult them. I have decided to allow it rest so we can proceed. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:13am On Apr 12, 2013
pjogutum1: @Fermiko: You can reject to go and I won't allow you near my kids' school as a teacher.

I can see you are making reference to my topographical error of writing warn instead of won, that is a very common mistake with typing very fast both readers and professors make same and it is called an oversight ok, and that is why we have editors all over the world.

@rodboy:

Sorry I had to point out to ferdemiko that he is not ‘know it all’ this is why most elders in the house wouldn’t say anything because they wouldn’t want any child to insult them. I have decided to allow it rest so we can proceed. Thanks

Yh, I really understand you as much sir...pls jst 4get everytin as well....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 9:16am On Apr 12, 2013
@ honeydee: Good morning, hw was ur 9ite? I didn't c ur friend request?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sozen2010: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2013
g-busta:
Sorry this is coming late its been a rough and high tensioned experience actually but thank God its all worth it.. Had my interview ystday and thank God for he has showered his goodness upon me.

Got to the embassy, passed thru diferent security checks, was 1st to get into the interview hall, which i have been avoiding coz i don't wanna be the 1st to be interviewed..but it wasn't in that order i was the fift person to be interviewed, even tho i had the 1st number for immigrant category.paid the visa fee, waited for some mins and was caled for submission of document. Waited for close to an hour b4 the CO's came to their respective windows. The eldest CO called me 2 window 13, the interview was less than 5mins ......

Co:Good morning
Me: morning sir ( nah phonetic i dey speak ooo)
Me: how u doing
CO: fine
Co: are u sososo
Me: yes sir
Co: wanna take ur fingerprints
Me: took my fingerprint, did the oath
Co: u have 2 results here
Me: yes, i'm using a combined result
Co: don't u have result from ur secondary sch
Me: yes, the result was bad, so i don't use it
Co: what's ur highest education qualification
Me: national diploma in business admin
Co: tell me abt ur course in sch
Me: i mentioned some d rest don delete 4 my memory, i just started explaining business administration itself (question wey he no ask)
Co: what do u intend to do when u get to the United state.
Me: futher my education, get a good job and start a new life.
Co: okay let me get this paper, take ur documents back, ur visa as been approved.
Me: thank u sir
Co: when do u inted to travel
Me: in 2 months tym.
Co: u know u must travel b4 ur medicals expires
Me: yeah sirThen he told me abt the GC payment and where and when to pick up my visa
Me: thank u

I was scared b4 the interview but the guy beside me was giving me confidence and i was laffin @ my self, like what's up with me....but its so unfortunate the guy was being denied coz the CO believed his waec certificate isn't original, he checked the internet and saw the result but he still wasn't convinced. He pain me 4 d guy...
That's it folks smiled out of the embassy, filled with joy. It has been what my prayers has been based on for close to a year now, i got out of the interview hall, tipped the securities and bowed to Allah for his goodness and mercies upon me. Alhamdulilai YES LORD, MarylanD here i come

Congrats, i'm happy for you OOOO! But one more thing, what do you think I only have my GCE notifications plus WAEC scratch cards to check online and SSCE Testimonial, i couldn't get my certificates long time ago 1999 & 2001. I'm refused to travel down to place where the exams were written by my boss, WAEC exam is in progress now until May ending then it will be too late because my interview is this month. Pls advice house what I can do?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 10:10am On Apr 12, 2013
@ g-busta,zarzar nd co,congrats to u all...@ ferdimako nd our big bro,u guys shuld jst chill nd calm down,lets settle de one @ hand 1st.but dis forum is becomin so hilarious dis days,well dats part of it shaa...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 10:28am On Apr 12, 2013
rood boy:

Yh, I really understand you as much sir...pls jst 4get everytin as well....

Good mediation, thanks to maturity unlike some people who would have thrown insults back at you.
Lets ride on..... So where were we

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.