Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,746 members, 7,952,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (941185 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bakorede(m): 8:58am On Aug 15, 2012
Bussyme: @Leripa & Bakorede, u could check May 1 & Oct 1 not to be checking always whether ur status can change.
what do u mean by not 2b checking always.i think one shud b checking at intervals?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by pator(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2012
[quote author=missannie]

Pls don't start again,
I went to NCP office in ikeja & they said nothing like sending any stuff to Abuja OR Authentication of any sort.[/quote
]
Pls brov where is NPC office in Ikeja located
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
Just checked my status nao, still da same( 1st NL) May be i shld wait till 5pm den
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
[quote author=pator][/quote]

For ur info am not a he but a she.
When i went to do a change of name @ High Court of Lagos State. Ikeja.
The building is located on Oba Akinjobi Street, opposite the Police College in G.R.A. Ikeja.
I told them about the NPC birth cer. & the stuff about sending it to Abuja to ''Authenticate It'' & they explained everything i need to know.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
missannie:

The building is located on Oba Akinjobi Street, opposite the Police College in G.R.A. Ikeja.
I told them about the NPC birth cer. & the stuff about sending it to Abuja to ''Authenticate It'' & they explained everything i need to know.

ok good
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Selam: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
2 day is 15 august even the time coming 5:00pm
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is past 5pm has anybody gotten 2NL?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
The Actual time is 6:00P.M
Keep checking!!! shocked
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
Any 2NL Received in the house?

Housemates . . . please let us know.

Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
I sugest we give them till wkend, for all case No 5500 and below.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
@Brightmon. my case number is 7*** is it likely i go 4 interview in October
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@Brightmon. my case number is 7*** is it likely i go 4 interview in October
U shuld b current in Nov. Its 5500 & below thats is current in Nig for Oct 2012.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:52am On Aug 16, 2012
@temmytanny: what happened to your post??
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:11am On Aug 16, 2012
Leripa: @temmytanny: what happened to your post??
Maybe justwise can explain why my post was hidden
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2012
Leripa: @temmytanny: what happened to your post??
I wonder too ohhh, what happened.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2012
brightmon:
I wonder too ohhh, what happened.
I dint make any offensive statement oooo dats why i want justwise to explain to the house why my post was hidden
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 7:43am On Aug 16, 2012
temmytanny: I dint make any offensive statement oooo dats why i want justwise to explain to the house why my post was hidden
It seems this forum is now drifting.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:53am On Aug 16, 2012
Well,lets move on...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 8:04am On Aug 16, 2012
My Case Number is 2013AF000000XX(2 Digits only)....Called KCC...They Confirmed CN is Current but requested we check online status for 2nd NL till 20th August and Late give them a call if we dont receive any information.
There is no need to worry...If Ur case number is less than 5500...all you need to do is to check that all your Civil documents are complete

1.Required DV Qualifying Education or Work Experience Documents
Certificate of Completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the U.S. or a comparable course of study in another country, sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission....i.e.In Nigeria, Those who have successfully completed high school must take the West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations to receive their diplomas or enter a university. The examinations are scored on a scale of 1 to 9, with 1 being the best and 9 the worst. To enter a university, the applicant must have received credit (a score of 1-6) in five subjects. For diploma programs, he or she must have received 3 or 4 credits. Scores of 7 or 8 are only ordinary passes and give no credit. A score of P8 or F9 indicates failing.
The following are not acceptable as a standalone:
•Equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D./ In Nigeria Nov/Dec External GCE Result) are not acceptable.
•Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to U.S. high school education.(i.e.Plumbing,Carpentary,....ETC)

2.Original NPC Birth Certificate or Attestation
The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.but May Issue Attestation for births before 1992 or applicants over 18yrs old whose birth was not recorded or lost.

3.Original Marriage Certificate(If Married) or Divorce Certificates(If Applicable)

4.Police Certificates
Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit Police Certificates obtained from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria and Other Countries where Applicant have lived for more than 12 months.Reasonable to obtained PC after receiving your 2nd NL

5.Second Notification Letter.(2nd NL)
This is an interview appointment letter indicating the date, time, and location of your visa interview. You will need to be present at the interview, as well as your spouse and children (as applicable) who are applying for a diversity immigrant visa.
The completed original Form(s) DS-230, Form DS-122 and photographs you submitted in Step 2, will be sent by KCC to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will be interviewed.

6.Medical Exam

The following are the physicians and institutions by whom you must be examined. Walk-in visits are accepted: no prior appointment is necessary. Please provide the examiners with two passport-sized photographs.
A...Dr. Alexandra Anga The Consultants Practice,The Children’s Practice,25 Raymond Njoku,Ikoyi.Lagos
Telephone: 01-893-0723, 01-461-1941 Cell: 0706-585-9845
B...Dr. Funmi Alakija Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street Off Ajose Adegun, Victoria Island Annexe Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840 Cell: 0702-770-4055
6. Hours of Examination: A minimum of three (3) working days must be allowed to complete the medical examination process. At times, the process may take longer than three days. Please note the following hours of examination:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Saturdays 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Appointment times for the physical examination will be given during the first visit. The physical examination cannot be performed until the lab test results are available. Please also note that you will be required to appear on two (2) separate days – one day for x-rays and laboratory tests; and another day for examination and results.

Interview Preparation & Fee Payment ($330)

You should prepare thoroughly and carefully for your interview. Failure to be fully prepared for your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can result in delay or denial of the visa

Note:None of the Information above are personal thoughts except for the 1st Paragraph..Others are directly quoted from the different US Travel Web..Just for Public Use and Point of Information

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2012
temmytanny: Well,lets move on...
yes, we'll move on... @seun & @justwise: keep enjoying the monopoly (as a Naija forum), it's for a while. Watchout!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2012
Kemzone2003: My Case Number is 2013AF000000XX(2 Digits only)....Called KCC...They Confirmed CN is Current but requested we check online status for 2nd NL till 20th August and Late give them a call if we dont receive any information.
There is no need to worry...If Ur case number is less than 5500...all you need to do is to check that all your Civil documents are complete

1.Required DV Qualifying Education or Work Experience Documents
Certificate of Completion of a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the U.S. or a comparable course of study in another country, sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission....i.e.In Nigeria, Those who have successfully completed high school must take the West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations to receive their diplomas or enter a university. The examinations are scored on a scale of 1 to 9, with 1 being the best and 9 the worst. To enter a university, the applicant must have received credit (a score of 1-6) in five subjects. For diploma programs, he or she must have received 3 or 4 credits. Scores of 7 or 8 are only ordinary passes and give no credit. A score of P8 or F9 indicates failing.
The following are not acceptable as a standalone:
•Equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D./ In Nigeria Nov/Dec External GCE Result) are not acceptable.
•Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to U.S. high school education.(i.e.Plumbing,Carpentary,....ETC)

2.Original NPC Birth Certificate or Attestation
The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.but May Issue Attestation for births before 1992 or applicants over 18yrs old whose birth was not recorded or lost.

3.Original Marriage Certificate(If Married) or Divorce Certificates(If Applicable)

4.Police Certificates
Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit Police Certificates obtained from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria and Other Countries where Applicant have lived for more than 12 months.Reasonable to obtained PC after receiving your 2nd NL

5.Second Notification Letter.(2nd NL)
This is an interview appointment letter indicating the date, time, and location of your visa interview. You will need to be present at the interview, as well as your spouse and children (as applicable) who are applying for a diversity immigrant visa.
The completed original Form(s) DS-230, Form DS-122 and photographs you submitted in Step 2, will be sent by KCC to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will be interviewed.

6.Medical Exam

The following are the physicians and institutions by whom you must be examined. Walk-in visits are accepted: no prior appointment is necessary. Please provide the examiners with two passport-sized photographs.
A...Dr. Alexandra Anga The Consultants Practice,The Children’s Practice,25 Raymond Njoku,Ikoyi.Lagos
Telephone: 01-893-0723, 01-461-1941 Cell: 0706-585-9845
B...Dr. Funmi Alakija Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street Off Ajose Adegun, Victoria Island Annexe Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840 Cell: 0702-770-4055
6. Hours of Examination: A minimum of three (3) working days must be allowed to complete the medical examination process. At times, the process may take longer than three days. Please note the following hours of examination:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Saturdays 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Appointment times for the physical examination will be given during the first visit. The physical examination cannot be performed until the lab test results are available. Please also note that you will be required to appear on two (2) separate days – one day for x-rays and laboratory tests; and another day for examination and results.

Interview Preparation & Fee Payment ($330)

You should prepare thoroughly and carefully for your interview. Failure to be fully prepared for your interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can result in delay or denial of the visa

Note:None of the Information above are personal thoughts except for the 1st Paragraph..Others are directly quoted from the different US Travel Web..Just for Public Use and Point of Information
Thank you for the up date. Its highly appreciated.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:14am On Aug 16, 2012
missannie:

NPC at OBA Akinjobi street? Hmmmm!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:24am On Aug 16, 2012
brightmon:
It seems this forum is now drifting.

There's only one problem we face here which is individuals trying to assume leadership position in a public forum. Go to other forums on DV lottery and see how individuals respect each others input and compliment rather than criticise it. Let's remind ourselves of why we're here. Seun is not paying salary for the best posts or most numbers of posts made. Lol!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by masterfarm: 10:27am On Aug 16, 2012
Gentiger:

There's only one problem we face here which is individuals trying to assume leadership position in a public forum. Go to other forums on DV lottery and see how individuals respect each others input and compliment rather than criticise it. Let's remind ourselves of why we're here. Seun is not paying salary for the best posts or most numbers of posts made. Lol!

pls and pls lets try to respect each others comment. Attacking each other wil reduce the value and quality of information on this forum. Let us nt forget to correct ourself with respect and humour. Respect is reciprocal.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by bridv: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2012
Are there dv winners from Congo Brazzaville?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
Gentiger:

NPC at OBA Akinjobi street? Hmmmm!

Not really NPC OFFICE but Lagos State High Court, when i went to do my change of name & i ask the same question there.
I was told that NPC certificate doesn't need to be Authenticated in Abuja, that's all.

& I now know that it can be done in any NPC office. Birth Certificate will be issued for persons born after 1992 , but for those born earlier will be issued Attestation of Birth. *NOTHING TO AUTHENTICATE*
The issue is NOT the address here; but the matter of one traveling to Abuja to Authenticate Sh***t grin (That's a BIG lie).
Stop misleading people here.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
missannie:

Not really NPC OFFICE but Lagos State High Court, when i went to do my change of name & i ask the same question there.
I was told that NPC certificate doesn't need to be Authenticated in Abuja, that's all.

& I now know that it can be done in any NPC office. Birth Certificate will be issued for persons born after 1992 , but for those born earlier will be issued Attestation of Birth. *NOTHING TO AUTHENTICATE*
The issue is NOT the address here; but the matter of one traveling to Abuja to Authenticate Sh***t grin (That's a BIG lie).
GBAM! Thanks for the confirmation.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
@Missaine
Lets not get this issue twisted...Authenticating in Abuja base on my understanding is not a must do...but a good to do idea.Why?

In Nigeria,The Fact that u get a document from the local goverment office or NPC office or someone claim to have secured it for you from NPC does not mean it originated through the normal process.

All this tout at different local govt..Thats their job...U might not even find some affidavit on government records sef...but somebody working closely with the Local Govt office will just type the letter and get it stamped and signed by anybody.

Lets close this Chapter..He is only a little bit more careful by suggesting u veryify or authenticate that all the document issue to you are properly documented in the relevant government records. because if for any reason the US Consulate decides to check and Cannot find the records...No matter how innocent you might be..They will Claim Forgery and hold you Liable.

Sory for the story...that was my contribution.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kemzone2003: @Missaine
Lets not get this issue twisted...Authenticating in Abuja base on my understanding is not a must do...but a good to do idea.Why?

In Nigeria,The Fact that u get a document from the local goverment office or NPC office or someone claim to have secured it for you from NPC does not mean it originated through the normal process.

All this tout at different local govt..Thats their job...U might not even find some affidavit on government records sef...but somebody working closely with the Local Govt office will just type the letter and get it stamped and signed by anybody.

Lets close this Chapter..He is only a little bit more careful by suggesting u veryify or authenticate that all the document issue to you are properly documented in the relevant government records. because if for any reason the US Consulate decides to check and Cannot find the records...No matter how innocent you might be..They will Claim Forgery and hold you Liable.

Thanks for your honest imput
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
missannie:

Dear Missanne, I genuinely respect your inputs and the roles you've played in this forum. But I think it's not too ideal to ask from a lawyer prescription for sickness. Ask a Doctor. If you need information on NPC and any matter thereto, pls do go to their office at Babs Animashaun street Surulere. You will be better informed. Thank you.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kemzone2003: @Missaine

Thanks for your honest imput

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.