Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,526 members, 7,968,474 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:05 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (943650 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daomi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
pls wen will d second batch result out?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Bakorede: please can u xplain beta wat u mean by all dis cut mark u wrote above?
It seems u new here, pls take time to read through from beginning b4 asking question.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
@daomi 2nd batch of dvlottery ll be out by 1st of October. goodluck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chykezworld: 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
my case no is...AF12*** wt d current cut off for dv2012...wen can xpect my case to b current...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
chykezworld: my case no is...AF12*** wt d current cut off for dv2012...wen can xpect my case to b current...
December

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
missannie:

Thank once again, but does it mean that NPC will issue me a fake Attestation of Birth Document? @Gentiger. Why do i still need to Authenticate it
Can u pls give me the complete Address in Surulere. Thanks.

I don't know from which part of Lagos you're coming from.All you need do is find your way into Surulere. Tell any bike man in Surulere to take you to NPC Babs Animashaun street beside NYSC. It's very easy to locate. Please ask the government workers there anything you need clarification on. They will guide you like they guided me. Forget anything I ever said about authentication. Follow their directives in your interest. Goodluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
Please I need everyone to make an input here. A fellow got denied because he couldn't provide sufficient proof of funds and had no affidavit of support from a legal resident or citizen.

I have heard people say you don't need affidavit of support, Form 134 precisely. In line with this fellows experience, is it wise to tell people they don't need it? Don't you all think this little piece of document is very crucial?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
Housemate am sorry 2 bring bk this issue of NPC Birth Certificate dt is causing a kind of conflicts.I collected my NPC Attestation of Birth @ NPC office surulere for 3k but was surprised when i collectd it the stuff was just typed of NPC Letter Head paper and my passport photo on it.As many that ve collectd is it d same wth what i described. NB. THE ATTESTATION WAS ALSO SIGNED AT THE BACK OF THE LETTER HEAD BY A.A.OWOLABI, STATE DIRECTOR

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bakorede(m): 12:15am On Aug 17, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
@daomi 2nd batch of dvlottery ll be out by 1st of October. goodluck
do u mean list of lucky winners?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:06am On Aug 17, 2012
About the person that did not register his baby in the initial application. According to @adesoji, he said the person shouldnt near the embassy for visa. for clarification,i believe it would be waste of funds if the person still approach the embassy. please read..

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 5:29am On Aug 17, 2012
Gentiger: Please I need everyone to make an input here. A fellow got denied because he couldn't provide sufficient proof of funds and had no affidavit of support from a legal resident or citizen.

I have heard people say you don't need affidavit of support, Form 134 precisely. In line with this fellows experience, is it wise to tell people they don't need it? Don't you all think this little piece of document is very crucial?
Pls dont mislead us,nothing of such 4 dvlottery winners at embassy.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:54am On Aug 17, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
Housemate am sorry 2 bring bk this issue of NPC Birth Certificate dt is causing a kind of conflicts.I collected my NPC Attestation of Birth @ NPC office surulere for 3k but was surprised when i collectd it the stuff was just typed of NPC Letter Head paper and my passport photo on it.As many that ve collectd is it d same wth what i described. NB. THE ATTESTATION WAS ALSO SIGNED AT THE BACK OF THE LETTER HEAD BY A.A.OWOLABI, STATE DIRECTOR

It looked so ordinary right? It appears like a document you can prepare at a roadside business centre. Well, may be you now understand why THEY advised you go further IF you WISH!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 6:57am On Aug 17, 2012
Bussyme: Pls dont mislead us,nothing of such 4 dvlottery winners at embassy.

Here you go again. Mislead you? I asked a question seeking for sincere answers and you say you are being misled. Na wa for some people in this forum. I really don't understand some of you guys and your reasoning.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2012
as for the issue of the affidavit of support,i got it from there site dat it is mandatory for all 2013 dv lottery winners to have it.u guys can confirm it from there site

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 8:03am On Aug 17, 2012
femsoj: as for the issue of the affidavit of support,i got it from there site dat it is mandatory for all 2013 dv lottery winners to have it.u guys can confirm it from there site

Please could you kindly go a step further to post the link? I believe it will be beneficial to all those waiting for an interview date. This guy was bounced because he had no sufficient proof of funds and has never heard of an affidavit of support.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 8:52am On Aug 17, 2012
clarification prove on affidavit of support copied from US site
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2012
dv lottery visa interview is different frm other visa interview.a 2012 dv applicant passd his interview last witout affidavit of support.2013 dv applicant av nt started their interview,so where did dat story come from? i dey laugh in japanese

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femsoj: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2012
i have been trying to post the link on the affidavit of support but an not getting it right. u guys can just go to goggle and type AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT DV LOTTORY WINNERS
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:03am On Aug 17, 2012
femsoj: clarification prove on affidavit of support copied from US site
nt required for applicants in naija bt to be on safe side,call lagos embassy(nt kcc)wen u get ur interview letter.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2012
femsoj: clarification prove on affidavit of support copied from US site

Please do mail the embassy as Temmy directed. Please anyone else with useful information on this subject matter should come forward. Thanks to all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2012
THIS IS NOT A GENERAL RULE BUT AT THE POWER OF THE CONSULAR OFFICER IF HE FEELS THE PERSON MAY BECOME A PUBLIC CHARGE OR MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF HIS EXPENSES BEFORE HE CAN GET A JOB.THE MIGHT REQUIRES HIM TO PRODUCE I-134. BUT NOT I-864

Affidavit of Support General Information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who needs an I-864 Affidavit of Support?

The following applicants for immigrant visas need an I-864:

•Most applicants in family-based immigrant visa categories
•Orphans to be adopted in the United States (IR-4)
•Applicants for employment-based immigrant visas whose relative filed the immigrant visa petition or whose relative has a five percent or greater ownership interest in the business that filed the petition

Do applicants who are applying for an immigrant visa in a visa category that does not require the I-864 Affidavit of Support, such as the diversity immigrant visa, need to meet the public charge provisions of Section 213A of the INA?

No. Consular officers will review immigrant visa applicants whose visa categories do not require the I-864 under the public charge guidelines in Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The applicants must show, however, that they will not become a public charge. A consular officer may ask for an I-134 Affidavit of Support and supporting documents.The Principal Applicant may need to show income at 100 percent of the federal poverty guidelines for household size, not the 125 percent requifred under Section 213A of the INA.

Should diversity (DV) or returning resident (SB) applicants use the I-864 or the I-134?

They should use the I-134. The I-864 can only be used in the specified categories (most family-based and certain employment-based cases). All other applicants must use the I-134 if an affidavit of support is needed. Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

What can be used as assets?

Assets can be savings, stocks, bonds and property. They must be easily converted to cash.

Can the immigrant visa applicant count assets that he or she owns that are outside the United States, such as real estate or personal property?

Yes, under these conditions:

•The assets must be readily convertible to cash within 12 months
•The applicant must show that he/she can take the money or assets out of the country where they are located. Many countries have strict regulations which limit the amount of cash or liquid assets that can be taken out of the country
•The assets equal at least five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125 percent of the poverty line for the household size.

For Further Details Check
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

http://kabul.usembassy.gov/im_affidativ_support2.html
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2012
Kemzone2003: THIS IS NOT A GENERAL RULE BUT AT THE POWER OF THE CONSULAR OFFICER IF HE FEELS THE PERSON MAY BECOME A PUBLIC CHARGE OR MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF HIS EXPENSES BEFORE HE CAN GET A JOB.THE MIGHT REQUIRES HIM TO PRODUCE I-134. BUT NOT I-864

Affidavit of Support General Information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who needs an I-864 Affidavit of Support?

The following applicants for immigrant visas need an I-864:

•Most applicants in family-based immigrant visa categories
•Orphans to be adopted in the United States (IR-4)
•Applicants for employment-based immigrant visas whose relative filed the immigrant visa petition or whose relative has a five percent or greater ownership interest in the business that filed the petition

Do applicants who are applying for an immigrant visa in a visa category that does not require the I-864 Affidavit of Support, such as the diversity immigrant visa, need to meet the public charge provisions of Section 213A of the INA?

No. Consular officers will review immigrant visa applicants whose visa categories do not require the I-864 under the public charge guidelines in Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The applicants must show, however, that they will not become a public charge. A consular officer may ask for an I-134 Affidavit of Support and supporting documents.The Principal Applicant may need to show income at 100 percent of the federal poverty guidelines for household size, not the 125 percent requifred under Section 213A of the INA.

Should diversity (DV) or returning resident (SB) applicants use the I-864 or the I-134?

They should use the I-134. The I-864 can only be used in the specified categories (most family-based and certain employment-based cases). All other applicants must use the I-134 if an affidavit of support is needed. Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

What can be used as assets?

Assets can be savings, stocks, bonds and property. They must be easily converted to cash.

Can the immigrant visa applicant count assets that he or she owns that are outside the United States, such as real estate or personal property?

Yes, under these conditions:

•The assets must be readily convertible to cash within 12 months
•The applicant must show that he/she can take the money or assets out of the country where they are located. Many countries have strict regulations which limit the amount of cash or liquid assets that can be taken out of the country
•The assets equal at least five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125 percent of the poverty line for the household size.

For Further Details Check
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

http://kabul.usembassy.gov/im_affidativ_support2.html

In other words, it's necessary to have one if the individual does not have an offer of employment or personal funds to support self.

Well like I said earlier, this DV applicant was denied on this ground. I strongly feel those going for interview should take particular note of this. It's at the discretion of the CO to ask or not. Goodluck all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2012
Gentiger:

In other words, it's necessary to have one if the individual does not have an offer of employment or personal funds to support self.

Well like I said earlier, this DV applicant was denied on this ground. I strongly feel those going for interview should take particular note of this. It's at the discretion of the CO to ask or not. Goodluck all.

@Gentiger...DONT MIX IT UP PLS

on the selectee instructions...There is no mention of that requirements...so u are not expected to have it at your interview...iF THE CO needs it...He will only request for it and schedule another interview date for you to go and get it from your sponsor.

U will not be denied for additional information required just like family picture and other proof of family relationship.It will just delay the issuance of the VISA...The Only thing that will expressly disqualify you is the Academic and Experience requirement.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2012
Kemzone2003:

@Gentiger...DONT MIX IT UP PLS

on the selectee instructions...There is no mention of that requirements...so u are not expected to have it at your interview...iF THE CO needs it...He will only request for it and schedule another interview date for you to go and get it from your sponsor.

U will not be denied for additional information required just like family picture and other proof of family relationship.It will just delay the issuance of the VISA...The Only thing that will expressly disqualify you is the Academic and Experience requirement.

OK!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2012
jidedon2000@yah:
Housemates pls can anyone tell me the MEDICAL FEE,i ll appreciate.

@ the children place ikoyi-
Adult - 12K each
Children -7K each

immunization (if necessary) costs are separate but not cheap. some are as high as 25K per shot!
Word of advice for those who are financially constrained, get all your shots before you show up there!
Results are valid for 6 months.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by CBlessed: 11:11am On Aug 17, 2012
when do you think this Case Number AF 0000 2200 will be current for the interview?
THANK YOU
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by DonKool1: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2012
Can someone please clarify the second notification letter issue?
Is it going to mailed to the address on the DSP 122 or are we going to see it online via the entrant status check site?

Thanks in advance!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2012
Don Kool: Can someone please clarify the second notification letter issue?
Is it going to mailed to the address on the DSP 122 or are we going to see it online via the entrant status check site?

Thanks in advance!
u wil be sent an email askin u to visit their website using ur confirmation number

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2012
Don Kool:

@ the children place ikoyi-
Adult - 12K each
Children -7K each

immunization (if necessary) costs are separate but not cheap. some are as high as 25K per shot!
Word of advice for those who are financially constrained, get all your shots before you show up there!
Results are valid for 6 months.

So what are the shorts required for DV-Lottery winners
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2012
missannie:

So what are the shorts required for DV-Lottery winners
the short required have earlyer been posted by "Kemzone2003" pls check page 68.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:31pm On Aug 17, 2012
femsoj: i have been trying to post the link on the affidavit of support but an not getting it right. u guys can just go to goggle and type AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT DV LOTTORY WINNERS
http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2013_instructions.pdf
These are the intructions for dv 2013,so let see where the issue of affidavit of support comes in.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2012
femsoj: i have been trying to post the link on the affidavit of support but an not getting it right. u guys can just go to goggle and type AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT DV LOTTORY WINNERS

You quoted from Uk forum,just like nairaland where people were asking questions about affidavit of support for dv winners.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (869) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.