Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,034 members, 7,903,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:17 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (933987 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by CBlessed: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2012
I did not receive 2 notification letter
and my case number is 2013AF000022xx
please would tell me why?
and when do you think my interview will be?
Have a nice weekend
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
lateefdauda:
{̶»̶̲̥̅̊(̥̊‎‎​♡̷̬̩̃̊☃τнäиκчöü☃♡̷̬̩̃̊)̥̊«̶̲̥̅̊}̶. Ve checked it.but its still d 1NL.still waiting 4 d second 2NL.2013AF00002***

gradually you will receive your 2nd NL, those who r having 2 digits in their CN they receiving now, try to check regularly
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
Housemates pls i want 2 knw if anyone in 9ja have received 2NL cos am yet 2 get mine. CN-AF000076**
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 2:08am On Aug 19, 2012
Guy cool down, ur shud b next month goin by d visa bulletin is nos frm 1 -5500 dt re currnt 4 nw. So relax i‘m also around 8000 plus
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 6:56am On Aug 19, 2012
@Remmy488 Thank u bro, i realy appreciate ur response.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
hello to all nairalanders am new on this forum,and I have read alot on this forum and I hope I can also have an advice on my own isue here
1.i was selected on DV 2013 for further process,is my CN2013000141** when is like for we to have our interview,i apply this with my family(my husband and my daughter)but we have not legaly marry when I apply but when I deliver my baby in 2009 I went to high court off justice to change my name to my husband name and since then have been using his name and we gt married in legal way this year june 3rd 2013.
2nd.id have 5 credit on level result as requested on the site but I have E7 in my maths and english I also had N.C.E as my highest qualification with good grade,and have been into teaching five years ago,hope we are good to go?
3rd.on the petitioner isue I wrote each off our name as petitioner cos I see the petitioner as person the that presented the form not only the principal applicant...hope to hear from u soon thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
tosdem: hello to all nairalanders am new on this forum,and I have read alot on this forum and I hope I can also have an advice on my own isue here
1.i was selected on DV 2013 for further process,is my CN2013000141** when is like for we to have our interview,i apply this with my family(my husband and my daughter)but we have not legaly marry when I apply but when I deliver my baby in 2009 I went to high court off justice to change my name to my husband name and since then have been using his name and we gt married in legal way this year june 3rd 2013.
2nd.id have 5 credit on level result as requested on the site but I have E7 in my maths and english I also had N.C.E as my highest qualification with good grade,and have been into teaching five years ago,hope we are good to go?
3rd.on the petitioner isue I wrote each off our name as petitioner cos I see the petitioner as person the that presented the form not only the principal applicant...hope to hear from u soon thanks

Your likely interview period is December. With 5 credits at O'levels and NCE as highest education qualification you are good to go. Did you apply as Single or married? If as single, convincing the CO you just married with a grown up kid may be difficult. If you applied as married but not legally married at the time of application, your marriage certificate will give you away. I usually don't advise people to falsify anything cos I am on the side of the Law. But you will have to prove you were customarily married but decided to legalise it in court after your selection for further progressing. Be sure to go with customary marriage photos, courtship photos and every other photos that could advance your course. Pls do not backdate marriage certificate. It could be counter productive. Finally, you the principal applicant is the Petitioner. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2012
@tosdem U re very welcome 2 ds forum and as u continue 2 follow ds page u ll nt regret u do so. 1stly ur result 5 credit is d requiremnt no specification on either maths or english which means u re good 2 go. 2ndly ur marriage it is gud u re now legaly married bt any marriage afta ur dvlottery registration i.e 2011 will be suspitious bt if u can convince dm at d embassy u re good 2 go. my ogas in ds forum ll answer d remaining questions.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2012
Gentiger:

Your likely interview period is December. With 5 credits at O'levels and NCE as highest education qualification you are good to go. Did you apply as Single or married? If as single, convincing the CO you just married with a grown up kid may be difficult. If you applied as married but not legally married at the time of application, your marriage certificate will give you away. I usually don't advise people to falsify anything cos I am on the side of the Law. But you will have to prove you were customarily married but decided to legalise it in court after your selection for further progressing. Be sure to go with customary marriage photos, courtship photos and every other photos that could advance your course. Pls do not backdate marriage certificate. It could be counter productive. Finally, you the principal applicant is the Petitioner. Goodluck!
Good Advice.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
@gentiger and jidedon and every one that respond to my isue,we av been married 4years ago years ago in traditional way and they make the it a way my parent want it (parlour party)but there is nothing to back it up like picture or any certificate,but I just make it to court to make a changes off name and legally married now with certificate and enough piz and when am applying then I have a two year old baby then so I can't fill as single in other to add my husband and daughter at the first place,I was advice by my husband friend that his now with his family in state,that if we apply as single and we have a grown baby and wouldn't be able to add my husband then and we ll face a challenge during the interview that is good to make it as married,and we have so may pix to back it up for long.thanks once again for ur great responce and am still looking forward to hear more off u people.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2012
Kemzone2003:

@monsieursam64....I am sincerely very sorry...didnt mean to run anyone down..it was a slip of the keyboard
IT IS OK BRO. Shalom!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
tosdem: @gentiger and jidedon and every one that respond to my isue,we av been married 4years ago years ago in traditional way and they make the it a way my parent want it (parlour party)but there is nothing to back it up like picture or any certificate,but I just make it to court to make a changes off name and legally married now with certificate and enough piz and when am applying then I have a two year old baby then so I can't fill as single in other to add my husband and daughter at the first place,I was advice by my husband friend that his now with his family in state,that if we apply as single and we have a grown baby and wouldn't be able to add my husband then and we ll face a challenge during the interview that is good to make it as married,and we have so may pix to back it up for long.thanks once again for ur great responce and am still looking forward to hear more off u people.

Did you apply as single or married? Did you include your husband and kid as derivatives? Do you have documentary evidence to show that a 'Parlour' wedding took place? Do people, including neighbors and friends know you're married? Do you have the birth and hospital records of your child? Answers to these questions will help us advice you better.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2012
tosdem: @gentiger and jidedon and every one that respond to my isue,we av been married 4years ago years ago in traditional way and they make the it a way my parent want it (parlour party)but there is nothing to back it up like picture or any certificate,but I just make it to court to make a changes off name and legally married now with certificate and enough piz and when am applying then I have a two year old baby then so I can't fill as single in other to add my husband and daughter at the first place,I was advice by my husband friend that his now with his family in state,that if we apply as single and we have a grown baby and wouldn't be able to add my husband then and we ll face a challenge during the interview that is good to make it as married,and we have so may pix to back it up for long.thanks once again for ur great responce and am still looking forward to hear more off u people.

Did you apply as single or married? Did you include your husband and kid as derivatives? Do you have documentary evidence to show that a 'Parlour' wedding took place? Do people, including neighbors and friends know you're married? Do you have the birth and hospital records of your child? Answers to these questions will help us advice you better.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
if u ve strong evidences 2 convince d CO like pix and oda tin its ok. wish u goodluck.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tosdem(f): 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
Gentiger:

I apply as married also include my husband and my daughter,we don't have anything to prove the parlour party my parent just received what they requested for no pic nothing,but we have our courtship pictures and hospital record and the picture off my babe when she was six month with my husband and me and also all her birthday pictures from first year till 3rd year and pictures on every valentine show that my husband took me and baby too since she was born hope all this help?thanks and thanks for ur good help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2012
tosdem: I apply as married also include my husband and my daughter,we don't have anything to prove the parlour party my parent just received what they requested for no pic nothing,but we have our courtship pictures and hospital record and the picture off my babe when she was six month with my husband and me and also all her birthday pictures from first year till 3rd year and pictures on every valentine show that my husband took me and baby too since she was born hope all this help?thanks and thanks for ur good help.

Well, give it a shot. You have a very strong footing since you included them. I must advise you to consult further on what to do convincing the CO a marriage subsists. Pictures are good. Marriage certificate is good. Hospital records of birth is good. The only missing link is reconciling all these to the existence of marriage vis-a-vis timing of actual period of marriage. There's always a legal way out. I believe people will further comment on this but very importantly, seek professional counsel from certified immigration experts.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by OSMANYN(m): 5:31pm On Aug 19, 2012
hello to all nairalanders on this forum, i was selected on DV 2013 with CN201300035*** i am Somali and won as Somali but live in ethiopia and i also submitted the forms on June but my education and work experience happened in Somalia and the us embassy in Addisababa page says the following {
[b]Applicants who are citizens of Somalia are advised that it is not possible for the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa to verify claimed educational or work experiences that occurred in Somalia. Without such verification, it may not be possible to process such cases to completion.[/b]this the link http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/dv_requirements.html
so how can i deal with this issue plz.
please help me
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2012
@Osmanyn with ur case number 35*** though its high bt no cause 4 alarm u re likely 2 go 4 interview by March-April. goodluck bro
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
OSMANYN: hello to all nairalanders am new on this forum,and i was selected on DV 2013 for further process,is my CN201300035*** i am Somali and won as Somali but live in ethiopia and i also submitted the forms and when is like for me to have my interview,

Judging from last year visa bulletin for Africa, you should be current next year at any time from April 2013. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2012
House any idea about this phone number +31966 last night I had missed call from it.

Is this having any connection with KCC or my case.

Regards
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2012
Kcc will never call u dey will only send mssg 2 ur mail box. So it‘snt 4rm kcc it cud be smone else.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2012
ajmiry: House any idea about this phone number +31966 last night I had missed call from it.

Regards

All International calls emanating from the US and Canada begin with +1. Some smart guys may be playing on your intelligence.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2012
ajmiry: House any idea about this phone number +31966 last night I had missed call from it.

Regards
it culd b someone using a "call card" to call u but not kcc.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
What Does the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) Do?
March 17th, 2011 | Category: Articles,News,Visa Processing

The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) is a centralized processing facility for petition-based nonimmigrant visa programs and for the Diversity Visa program (also known as “green card lottery”). Located in Williamsburg, Kentucky, KCC serves a variety of important functions affecting many visa applicants and foreign nationals who are selected under the Diversity Visa lotttery. There are 300 employees, of which 97% are under private contracts.

Processing Statistics

For the Diversity Visa program, KCC processes approximately 100,000 selectees every year to ensure that all of the 55,000 allocated immigrant visa numbers are properly allocated. KCC also receives 12,000 I-129 nonimmigrant visa petitions each week from USCIS and processes them for U.S. consular posts around the world.

Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU)

As part of its processing tasks, KCC houses the Fraud Prevention Unit which creates base files for petitioners and researches petitioner information in connection with visa stamp applications. The purpose of the FPU is to allow the government to research the petitioner in more depth from within the U.S. Often a U.S. consular post is not able (logistically or otherwise) to do proper petitioner research; as a result, the FPU allows such petitioner research or verification tasks to be conducted from within the U.S.

As part of its duties, the FPU could contact the petitioner directly to ask questions, or if an end-client is involved in the employment arrangement (such as with many IT consulting companies), the FPU could contact the end-client directly. The FPU researchers will identify themselves – they do not make pretext calls to gain information. The researcher creates a memo regarding the information obtained, which is entered into the FPU database. Normally there is no need to research the same petitioner multiple times, in the absence of some particular need to do so.

The trigger for FPU review is either random (reportedly about 1% of all records) or upon specific request by a consular post. Normally, electronic records are created from I-129 records for all petitioners whose petitions are processed by KCC. All petitioners are verified and minimum research is conducted to verify the petitioner’s existence. A more in-depth petitioner existence review is conducted randomly or upon consular post request.

Training in the FPU is category-specific. Researchers are trained on industries, company size and other factors. Agents in the FPU receive an overiew of all petition-based NIV categories; however, they normally specialize regionally. Currently, there are two teams-India and Global (all non-Indian posts).

Petition Information Management Service (PIMS)

The PIMS system allows consular posts to obtain petition information in connection with visa applications (most often by the beneficiary of the petition). KCC acts as the central processing facility of petitions processed by USCIS. Normally, USCIS sends petitions to KCC’s PIMS systemwhich are then scanned and made available to consulates around the world in the PIMS system.

In the normal course of processing, KCC receives boxes of files from USCIS and electronically tracks them based on the USCIS barcodes on the files as they are received. I-129 petitions are scanned, 55 fields are entered for data capture, a petitioner is assigned, a quality control check is conducted, and then the hard copy is shredded.

KCC reports that it has processed 65,000 consular PIMS inquiries in FY2009 and 48,000 in FY2010. For the vast majority of these inquiries, sufficient information is in CLAIMS for KCC to update PIMS within 24 hours. KCC’s PIMS processing completion target times for entry into the system are: COB the next day for “expedited petitions” (which do not necessarily include premium processing), 3 working days for O, P, T and U petitions, 5 working days for other petitions and for revocation/CIS notices, and 10 working days for any other extension or change of status petitions. The processing time for USCIS affirmations of petitions returned by the consulate with a revocation recommendation is within 5 days
http://www.cilawgroup.com/news/2011/03/17/what-does-the-kentucky-consular-center-kcc-do/
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by soye35: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
Plz Nlanders kindly put me thru,my sista's hubby is one of the lucky winner,the issue is that ,whats the next step to take and wat and wat doc do they need to attach which shud be posted to the kcc?,i shall be grateful for ur valuable and urgent step by step guidelines to start processing .plz kindly do well to reply to my email below (olatope_steve@yahoo.com),an experienced person like justwise and other guru's guide and enlightment is needed here.thanks alots.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:13am On Aug 21, 2012
soye35: Plz Nlanders kindly put me thru,my sista's hubby is one of the lucky winner,the issue is that ,whats the next step to take and wat and wat doc do they need to attach which shud be posted to the kcc?,i shall be grateful for ur valuable and urgent step by step guidelines to start processing .plz kindly do well to reply to my email below (olatope_steve@yahoo.com),an experienced person like justwise and other guru's guide and enlightment is needed here.thanks alots.

funny, dem never give you food,you dey ask for cuttleries.You better read thru the pages one by one like newspaper.House is on recess.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:13am On Aug 21, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

funny, dem never give you food,you dey ask for cuttleries.You better read thru the pages one by one like newspaper.House is on recess.

Lol!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:17am On Aug 21, 2012
soye35: Plz Nlanders kindly put me thru,my sista's hubby is one of the lucky winner,the issue is that ,whats the next step to take and wat and wat doc do they need to attach which shud be posted to the kcc?,i shall be grateful for ur valuable and urgent step by step guidelines to start processing .plz kindly do well to reply to my email below (olatope_steve@yahoo.com),an experienced person like justwise and other guru's guide and enlightment is needed here.thanks alots.

Young man, take time and read thru the thread from page 1 like you've been advised. There is nothing you need to know which has not been addressed in exhaustive details.
Where you don't understand, you can now ask questions. It appears everyone is awaiting 2nd NL and therefore you may not get an attention atleast for now.

Furthermore, you may pls go thru this site for further assistance.

samuel5028./2012/05/23/steps-after-winning-the-green-card-lottery-2013/
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:56am On Aug 21, 2012
@soye,pls visit www.dvselectee.state.gov to read instructions on hw to proceed. feel free to comeback and ask questions. readin tru this thread of 70pages maynt solve the issue
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by niceguys04: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2012
Please House, how does KCC confirm you if they received anything, (Like form D230 OR D122) Is it through Email or Post mail? Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2012
niceguys04: Please House, how does KCC confirm you if they received anything, (Like form D230 OR D122) Is it through Email or Post mail? Thanks

If you sent your forms through a courier company like UPS, DHL, FEDEX or thru registered mail, you should be able to track its progress and get a delivery report. Alternatively, mail or call KCC to confirm receipt, ensuring you specify full names, date of birth and CN in your chosen mode of communication. They most likely won't notify you except on request. Goodluck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
I found this and I suppose it may be helpful to individuals with questions about adding their spouse before or after DV lottery visa interview. Happy reading.

myusai.org/forum/50-marriage-to-us-citizen-and-adjustment-of-status/724-marriage-after-immigrant-visa-interview.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (869) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.