Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,035 members, 7,903,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (933988 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Selam: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
hi ajmiry:, my CN 00019xxx from eth.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hello NL,anybody with the 2nd NL on nairaland yet?...cos I guess ppl with low case numbers shuld have started receiving theirs..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
tovalli: Hello NL,anybody with the 2nd NL on nairaland yet?...cos I guess ppl with low case numbers shuld have started receiving theirs..
\

i have received mine. interview in october but am not in nigeria
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
adzovia: \

i have received mine. interview in october but am not in nigeria
Hi Adzovia, pls are u form Asia, Europe or Africa? And whats the range of ur case no?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adzovia(f): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
brightmon:
Hi Adzovia, pls are u form Asia, Europe or Africa? And whats the range of ur case no?
from Ghana my case number is 000007**
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
adzovia:
from Ghana my case number is 000007**
ok, thanks for d reply. The delay may be from the embassy.
Well 2NL shuld drop btw 8 & 4 to the interviwe day but my advice to all case no 5500 and below in Nig is to start geting ready and not wait for the 2NL.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
Selam: hi ajmiry:, my CN 00019xxx from eth.

Hopefully you will have your interview in Jan-Feb
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Can smne pls elp me out! I‘m one of d lucky wnnr of 2013 DV lottery‘ but wen i was fillng my forms i changd my mail adress from d one dey used in d barcode sheet dey sent to me‘ i op dis can‘t affect me? If so can i mail kcc my mail adres and tel dem to corrct it for me b4 my intrvw in nov. Pls in nid ur respnse asap. Tanx
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
Remmy488: Can smne pls elp me out! I‘m one of d lucky wnnr of 2013 DV lottery‘ but wen i was fillng my forms i changd my mail adress from d dey used in d barcode sheet dey sent to me‘ i op dis can‘t affect me? If so can i mail kcc my to corrct it for me b4 my intrvw in nov. Pls in nid ur respnse asap. Tanx

All the information on the forms that are dynamic can be changed at any time even at interview or Port of Entry sef.like address,contact,marital status,educational qualifications,etc.

The only thing that will will make butterfly movement for their tummy is Date of Birth,Ur Name and things that are expected to be Same all the time.
So dont worry urself...Good Luck
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by lanzee1451(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hello house,plz any body with POLICE REPORT FORM should plz and send it to my emaill box lanzee4uall@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
I heard dat after 15th of Aug'12 any one dat hv nøt got his/her 2nd NL, should mail or call KCC. My questn is dis; Is it only those wt CN dat is below 5,500 dat will sent their 2nd NL & also my case # is 10,500, when will my case be currnt?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
missannie: I heard dat after 15th of Aug'12 any one dat hv nøt got his/her 2nd NL, should mail or call KCC. My questn is dis; Is it only those wt CN dat is below 5,500 dat will sent their 2nd NL & also my case # is 10,500, when will my case be currnt?

This can help those extrapolating their interview date...i have posted this last month...BASE ON LAST YEAR DV-2012 TRENDING FROM VISA BULLETIN CUT-OFF FOR Nigeria
When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 7,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS OCTOBER 2012
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 10,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS NOVEMBER 2012
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 12,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS DECEMBER 2012
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 14,500 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS JANUARY 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 16,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS FEBRUARY 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 17,500 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS MARCH 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 20,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS APRIL 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 25,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS MAY 2013

BUT THIS YEAR NOW WE STARTED WITH 5,500..SO DO THE REMAINING MATHS URSELF AND TELL US THE ANSWER
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kemzone2003:

This can help those extrapolating their interview date...i have posted this last month...BASE ON LAST YEAR DV-2012 TRENDING FROM VISA BULLETIN CUT-OFF FOR Nigeria
When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 7,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS OCTOBER 2012
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 10,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS NOVEMBER 2012
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 12,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS DECEMBER 2012
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 14,500 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS JANUARY 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 16,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS FEBRUARY 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 17,500 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS MARCH 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 20,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS APRIL 2013
CASE NUMBER LESS THAN 25,000 - INTERVIEW MONTH IS MAY 2013

BUT THIS YEAR NOW WE STARTED WITH 5,500..SO DO THE REMAINING MATHS URSELF AND TELL US THE ANSWER

What about the time KCC got your 2nd package? My pal sent his June 11 and his Case number is 1676...no interview info yet.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN I READ THRU THIS PROCEDURE.I FOUND OUT THE CONSULAR OFFICERS IN AFRICA DECIDES ON THEIR OWN TO VIOLATE THE PROCEDURE BY TESTING DV APPLICANT ON THEIR WAEC RESULTS...TAKE TIME TO READ THIS..MOST IMPORTANTNLY THE PART B...

9 FAM 42.33 N7.3 Education Evaluation
(CT:VISA-1555; 09-30-2010)
A.Each post needs to determine what course of study is equivalent to a high school education or its equivalent in the host country. Previously, posts were provided with a guidebook that provided information on high school equivalency country by country. That guidebook ("Foreign Education Credentials Required”) is no longer in print and is not available in updated format. You should not rely on it for your evaluation of high school credentials. You should make use of the resources found in your Public Diplomacy (PD) section to determine comparable courses of study in the host country that would meet the definition of a high school education or its equivalent. Contacts in the host country’s Ministry of Education may also be of help. If you have questions about certificates and diplomas, you should consult with your public diplomacy section, including EducationUSA advisors and locally engaged staff, as they are valuable resources in evaluating local education systems. PD personnel advise prospective students and evaluate their educational backgrounds and have experience with and knowledge of local schools. To determine the authenticity of any particular document, you will need to work with your Fraud Prevention staff to develop expertise in making that determination. Interviewing officers may wish to consult with other posts when in doubt about the authenticity of educational certificates from countries outside their consular district.

B. A DV refusal must be based on evidence that the alien did not in fact obtain the required degree and not on your assessment of the alien's knowledge level. You may not administer an exam, either oral or written, to test an applicant’s basic knowledge in order to determine whether they have the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. You may not refuse a DV applicant solely on the basis of your analysis of the applicant's basic knowledge. Doubts about the applicant’s claimed educational level raised by your interview, however, may lead you to investigate the authenticity of the educational credentials claimed by the DV applicant.

READ ADDITIONAL DETAILS IN THE OFFICAL DOS PROCEDURE BELOW
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kemzone2003: I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN I READ THRU THIS PROCEDURE.I FOUND OUT THE CONSULAR OFFICERS IN AFRICA DECIDES ON THEIR OWN TO VIOLATE THE PROCEDURE BY TESTING DV APPLICANT ON THEIR WAEC RESULTS...TAKE TIME TO READ THIS..MOST IMPORTANTNLY THE PART B...

A.Each post needs to determine what course of study is equivalent to a high school education or its equivalent in the host country. Previously, posts were provided with a guidebook that provided information on high school equivalency country by country. That guidebook ("Foreign Education Credentials Required”) is no longer in print and is not available in updated format. You should not rely on it for your evaluation of high school credentials. You should make use of the resources found in your Public Diplomacy (PD) section to determine comparable courses of study in the host country that would meet the definition of a high school education or its equivalent. Contacts in the host country’s Ministry of Education may also be of help. If you have questions about certificates and diplomas, you should consult with your public diplomacy section, including EducationUSA advisors and locally engaged staff, as they are valuable resources in evaluating local education systems. PD personnel advise prospective students and evaluate their educational backgrounds and have experience with and knowledge of local schools. To determine the authenticity of any particular document, you will need to work with your Fraud Prevention staff to develop expertise in making that determination. Interviewing officers may wish to consult with other posts when in doubt about the authenticity of educational certificates from countries outside their consular district.

B. A DV refusal must be based on evidence that the alien did not in fact obtain the required degree and not on your assessment of the alien's knowledge level. You may not administer an exam, either oral or written, to test an applicant’s basic knowledge in order to determine whether they have the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. You may not refuse a DV applicant solely on the basis of your analysis of the applicant's basic knowledge. Doubts about the applicant’s claimed educational level raised by your interview, however, may lead you to investigate the authenticity of the educational credentials claimed by the DV applicant.

I must sincerely thank you for lots of infos you have dropped here for us all to read. People in the house need to make researches and once you know it all,building confidence will be secondary.
KEMZONE2003, YOU ARE THE BOMB grin grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kemzone2003: I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN I READ THRU THIS PROCEDURE.I FOUND OUT THE CONSULAR OFFICERS IN AFRICA DECIDES ON THEIR OWN TO VIOLATE THE PROCEDURE BY TESTING DV APPLICANT ON THEIR WAEC RESULTS...TAKE TIME TO READ THIS..MOST IMPORTANTNLY THE PART B...

That was a good job,kemzone2003.However, the CO will not refuse based on his/her personal test but still have the final decision that can not be challenge by a lawyer.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2012

Am deeply impressed. Keep it up. So informative.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

That was a good job,kemzone2003.However, the CO will not refuse based on his/her personal test but still have the final decision that can not be challenge by a lawyer.
THATS CONTRADICTION...SIMPLY SAY THE CO IS ABOVE THE LAW...MAY DECIDE NOT TO FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATES AND THEY CLAIM ALL DECISION BY CONSULAR POST ARE AUDITED BY THEIR SUPERIOR...THIS LOOK LIKE COVER-UP SOME WHERE.....THATS WHY INTERVIEW AT OTHER CONSULAR POST IN EUROPE LOOK LIKE PLAY PLAY...THEY JUST GO THERE..GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING...RAISE UR HAND ...SIGN AND HER IS UR VISA..

BUT HERE IN LAGOS..PLEASE CAN YOU DEFINE QUANTUM PHYSICS? OR RIDICULOUS QUESTION LIKE WHAT WAS THE LAST QUESTION IN YOUR SSCE BIOLOGY PAPER IN SECONDARY SCHOOL...THEM FOR DEY ASK FOR MY LAST QUESTION FOR G2 AND COMMON ENTRANCE SEF....JUST WANTED US TO KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE BREAKING RULES.

You can just enrich yourself with additional information in the link below
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87837.pdf
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87840.pdf
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87848.pdf
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kemzone2003:
THATS CONTRADICTION...SIMPLY SAY THE CO IS ABOVE THE LAW...MAY DECIDE NOT TO FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF STATES AND THEY CLAIM ALL DECISION BY CONSULAR POST ARE AUDITED BY THEIR SUPERIOR...THIS LOOK LIKE COVER-UP SOME WHERE.....THATS WHY INTERVIEW AT OTHER CONSULAR POST IN EUROPE LOOK LIKE PLAY PLAY...THEY JUST GO THERE..GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING...RAISE UR HAND ...SIGN AND HER IS UR VISA..

BUT HERE IN LAGOS..PLEASE CAN YOU DEFINE QUANTUM PHYSICS? OR RIDICULOUS QUESTION LIKE WHAT WAS THE LAST QUESTION IN YOUR SSCE BIOLOGY PAPER IN SECONDARY SCHOOL...THEM FOR DEY ASK FOR MY LAST QUESTION FOR G2 AND COMMON ENTRANCE SEF....JUST WANTED US TO KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE BREAKING RULES.

You can just enrich yourself with additional information in the link below
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87837.pdf
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87848.pdf

The document says "You may not".And for most of the people that had gone thru the interview they never refuse or issue dv visa based on that.I recently shared a testimony of a woman who told the CO she cant remember what a "balance sheet is".The letter issue by CO for refusal always quote from the document and also indicate that the CO decision is the final.You cant sue like other immigrant Visa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
9 FAM 42.33 PN4 CREATION OF IMMIGRANT VISA FILE
(CT:VISA-754; 07-27-2005)
U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas
9 FAM 42.33 Procedural Notes Page 4 of 7
The KCC will create a DV immigrant visa (IV) file on the principal applicant and qualifying dependents. These files will be shipped to post prior to the visa interview. In cases where a potentially disqualifying factor has been identified at the KCC during case creation, a note will be made in the electronic case file. The file folder will then be stamped “KCC FPU Reviewed” and a red memorandum noting the existence of the disqualifying factor will be included in the paper file for post action

9 FAM 42.33 PN6.3 Clearances
a. The KCC conducts Consular Lookout and Support System (CLASS) name checks on all applicants and submits Visas Eagle Security Advisory Opinion (SAOs) where required. For applicants determined to require a SAO other than a Visas Eagle, an electronic note is made in the case record. You must make the final determination as to whether an SAO is required.
b. Extracts of DV cases are electronically forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC), where an agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) processes national crime information center (NCIC) clearances. When a valid hit is identified on an applicant, an NCIC extract is printed and forwarded to KCC for inclusion in the case file. Posts must then take fingerprints, and forward them to the NVC so that the hit may be confirmed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
kemizone2003, expect more even here, once you mention naija you are a suspect.Here,I did drug test twice for the same job,I have to go to Homeland security for re validation of my SSC.They said, if you ask Naija to bring God's signature it wont take us 24hrs.Our people don spoil things faaaaaaaaaaaaar
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:01pm On Aug 21, 2012

Good, realy nice BUT our country is a complex state so what do you expect?
Our Universities dont honor jamb any longer and we all know why.
let's call a spade a spade, we all no how far and i dont want to go into details. If your credentials are ok and yours, if no know what i mean then you will not have any problem answering simple questions on the credentials provided and if a complex question is asked, simply be polite and tell the CO to ask you another question or its been a while. Pls DO NOT ATTEMPT QUESTION YOU DONT KNOW.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
kemizone2003, expect more even here, once you mention naija you are a suspect.Here,I did drug test twice for the same job,I have to go to Homeland security for re validation of my SSC.They said, if you ask Naija to bring God's signature it wont take us 24hrs.Our people don spoil things faaaaaaaaaaaaar
laugh wan kill me, lol. I beg ohhh, God's signature? You see why i said our state is a complex one?
God will do it for us all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
brightmon:
Good, realy nice BUT our country is a complex state so what do you expect?
Our Universities dont honor jamb any longer and we all know why.
let's call a spade a spade, we all no how far and i dont want to go into details. If your credentials are ok and yours, if no know what i mean then you will not have any problem answering simple questions on the credentials provided and if a complex question is asked, simply be polite and tell the CO to ask you another question or its been a while. Pls DO NOT ATTEMPT QUESTION YOU DONT KNOW.
i support you brigtmon cos of the fraud prone country they perceived naija to be
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
brightmon:
laugh wan kill me, lol. I beg ohhh, God's signature? You see why i said our state is a complex one?

But, Nigerian are doing well too, of all the(black) tribes,Nigerian has the highest number of PHDs in US today,Nigerian men are good husband Materials(confessed by several foregn women.Very hardworking,sociable and intelligent.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

But, Nigerian are doing well too, of all the(black) tribes,Nigerian has the highest number of PHDs in US today,Nigerian men are good husband Materials(confessed by several foregn women.Very hardworking,sociable and intelligent.
you dint finish it ooo........ they are also good on .......
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
temmytanny: you dint finish it ooo........ they are also good on .......

no be my mouth you go hear that one ooo, Na so one of my wife's friend carry her husband reach UK, come dey treat am like shit,because the man na from village.One oyinbo I mean Oyinbo medical doctor pick up the man wash am like mango, come dey lick am small small.The woman come call my wife for prayer and fasting.TRUE LIFE SUPPERb STORY.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by brightmon: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

no be my mouth you go hear that one ooo, Na so one of my wife's friend carry her husband reach UK, come dey treat am like shit,because the man na from village.One oyinbo I mean Oyinbo medical doctor pick up the man wash am like mango, come dey lick am small small.The woman come call my wife for prayer and fasting.TRUE LIFE SUPPERb STORY.
Value is always attached when lost.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
Wen i ws fllng my form, i filled part-time farmer in my fadas farm under work experience, i am also a degree holder wt all my result frm pry to univrsty level complete n also currently servng as a teacher whch i also included under my currnt occupation i hop this can‘t affect me at d interview cos i‘v no doc to back my farming experience up cos my employer(my father) is dead. Shud i call kcc to cancel d wrk exprnc aspect for me or leave it lyk dt....? Pls ur advice
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Remmy488: Wen i ws fllng my form, i filled part-time farmer in my fadas farm under work experience, i am also a degree holder wt all my result frm pry to univrsty level complete n also currently servng as a teacher whch i also included under my currnt occupation i hop this can‘t affect me at d interview cos i‘v no doc to back my farming experience up cos my employer(my father) is dead. Shud i call kcc to cancel d wrk exprnc aspect for me or leave it lyk dt....? Pls ur advice

OMG!men you are the best.Are you serious? please dont call 911(sorry kcc) for that o.You are over qualify with all your credentials.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2012
brightmon:

That is why they stress us more at the embassy.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

The document says "You may not".And for most of the people that had gone thru the interview they never refuse or issue dv visa based on that.

IF YOU DOUBT IT THAT ANOTHER POST WAEC AND POST JAMB TAKES PLACE AT THE MBASSY AND PEOPLE DENIED BASED ON IT THEN READ THIS.......

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/dv-lottery-winners-agitate-for-fair-chance/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/players-question-authenticity-of-dv-lottery/

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (869) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.