Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,056 members, 7,980,760 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 01:28 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (634810 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
I AM BACK!. I greet u all n say congratulation to those who Made in d recent List pasted. N i also wanna assure u that Ur Comng to Abuja is nt by Mistake so c ursef as a reputable n highly Honored Studnt in a reputable n wel recognised institution dat works towards Optimism. U ar Welcom my Pals.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by asese100: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
daramola.mercy2:
I AM BACK!. I greet u all n say congratulation to those who Made in d recent List pasted. N i also wanna assure u that Ur Comng to Abuja is nt by Mistake so c ursef as a reputable n highly Honored Studnt in a reputable n wel recognised institution dat works towards Optimism. U ar Welcom my Pals.
wat dept. Are u?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2013
Sch don dry finish,sho student lik holiday lik dis,wel notin spoil so make i use dis 1 grit my muslim broda nd sista ramadan kareem, may God grant our ibadaah(Amin)
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by thoninhoni: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2013
Congratulations to the newly admitted students.
Make sure u get ur admission letter b4 u join d strikers. And for those that wish to live in the hostel,there is hostel accommodation for the guys. Itz 25k in ministers lodge inside boys hostel. Call 07065772285 for more info
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
For those that haven't gotten the admission and failed to register for jamb, all hope is not lost remember IJMB and DIPLOMA. Hurry it's getting late
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
Please those going for IJMB should make sure they register only in accredited centers in abuja
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Good a.m.
Pls, if u choose UniAbuja as ur 1st or 2nd choice in d just concluded Jamb 2013/2014... Abeg, dnt joke wit this.. Try & be around dis page always because i go fit help for admission. My oga @d top dat secured my admission for me last year told me dat he have 3slot dis year... Abeg don't joke wit this...
Witty kares.
2go: francis6781
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Goddon32(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Wittywizard: Good a.m.
Pls, if u choose UniAbuja as ur 1st or 2nd choice in d just concluded Jamb 2013/2014... Abeg, dnt joke wit this.. Try & be around dis page always because i go fit help for admission. My oga @d top dat secured my admission for me last year told me dat he have 3slot dis year... Abeg don't joke wit this...
Witty kares.
2go: francis6781
go 2 hell

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
Goddon32: go 2 hell
bro n no now
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 6:13am On Jul 12, 2013
Uniabj my sch,hmmmmmm wt a sch indeed.all is wel
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by thoninhoni: 8:41am On Jul 12, 2013
thoninhoni: Congratulations to the newly admitted students.
Make sure u get ur admission letter b4 u join d strikers. And for those that wish to live in the hostel,there is hostel accommodation for the guys. Itz 25k in ministers lodge inside boys hostel. Call 07065772285 for more info
CALL ME NOW
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2013
thoninhoni: Congratulations to the newly admitted students.

Abeg answer me ASAP,hwfa with Direct Entry Candidate?no admiSsion list yet?I aplied uniabuja as my first choice.pls check nd reply me
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by viakmon: 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] , any info on uniabuja 2013/2014 postume shud pls contact me @ 08136194036
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bsquare18(f): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
Is dere any news on d strike?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Richiez(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
bsquare18: Is dere any news on d strike?

ASUP strike has been called off, let's pray ASUU strike be called off...last meeting between FG and ASUU wasn't successful.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
The Minister of Education, Professor Ruqqayatu Rufai on Tuesday exonerated the federal government from blame over the ongoing strike by university lecturers saying the government has made an offer to the lecturers but was yet to receive any response from their union.

The lecturers, members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), started a nationwide strike on Tuesday to press home their demands for the implementation of the 2009 agreements with the Federal Government.

The minister, who was answering questions from journalists in Abuja, did not give any hint on the details of the offer made by the government to the union, but maintained that government was still expecting ASUU’s response.

“They are our colleagues, we meet with them, we discuss with them. There is an offer from government. We expected to hear from them and up till now we are expecting to hear from them,” she said.

Also commenting on the issue, the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission, Professor Julius Okojie said that ASUU was supposed to write the government in respect of the offer made to them during a meeting held between them about three weeks ago.

Mr. Okojie said that ASUU had informed representatives of the Federal Government that it would get its response after its National Executive Meeting (NEC).

“We have no official report from them. They should write to us. We have been meeting regularly. We even met on Sunday.

“About three weeks ago, there was an offer made to them by the government. They said that they were going to their NEC, what we expected from them is that they should have come to us and told us what was the result.

“As far as I am concerned, if they are on strike we don’t know. They should write to us,” he said.

Strike grounds universities

Meanwhile, academic activities at the University of Lagos were grounded on Tuesday in compliance with the lecturers strike.

The ASUU President, Isa Faggae, said that the action followed the inability of the Federal Government to implement some of the issues contained in a 2009 agreement it had with the union. He told newsmen in Lagos that the government had also reneged on the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) it entered into with the union in December 2011.

A correspondent, who was at the University of Lagos to monitor the effect of the strike, reports that there was total compliance as lecturers shunned classes. Few students were seen loitering the campus and discussing the development in small groups.

One of the lecturers who spoke on condition of anonymity said that the strike was comprehensive and total, adding that there was no going back until their demands were met.

“I think I am happy with the development. If that is the only language that government can listen to, then so be it.

“As you can see, we have all complied with the no work directive. We are going to have a congress today, just to strengthen our resolve and remain resilient on the issue.

“And I can assure there will be no academic activity on campus until the issue is resolved,” he said.

Tobi Oguntuashe, a year one student of the Faculty of Environmental Science, said that the strike was unfortunate and coming at the wrong time.

She said that with examinations likely to come up by the first week in August, the strike might lead to a postponement.

“I really do not like what is happening now; I feel government should be more serious and committed to the plight of these lecturers because aside from asking for their rights, they are equally critical to nation building.

“With this strike that has taken effect and for the fact that is total and indefinite, a lot of us might lose focus and also destabilised,” Ms. Oguntuashe said.

Another student, Adeoye Olatiboye, a second year student of the Faculty of Law, also expressed concern over the timing of the strike.

He said that the government should always keep its own side of a bargain and that the strike will take a great toll on academic activities lined up for the semester, especially examination.

He said that with such development on ground, the final year students were going to be the most affected as no one could determine how long it would last.

“I feel government should listen to the lecturers so that they can go back to work.

“These people have been going about their jobs happily for a long time even while waiting for government to do their bid.

“We must learn to show commitment to issues that concern education in this country if truly we intend to be ranked among the world’s top 20 economies,” he said.

At the Lagos State University, Ojo, some students were seen having lectures early in the day but the ASUU chapter later circulated notices creating awareness on the strike after which lecturers complied.

The ASUU chapter of the institution said that it was at the forefront in compliance with the strike.

The Chairman, LASU chapter of the union, Adekunle Idris, said in an interview that the strike was a collective decision and no university was expected to object to the directives of the national body.

“We are resolute to go on with the strike as long as it lasts because we know that the government has a tough skin but we are also ready for them,” he said.

He said that beyond issues involved in the national strike, the LASU chapter had other grievances with the state government over some agreements that had not been implemented.

Mr. Oluwatoki urged opinion leaders and traditional leaders to intervene for the sake of the students, to save decadence in the education sector.

Also the lecturers union at the Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED), Ijebu-Ode, told its members to stay away from work in support of the national union.

The chapter, after its congress, said the lecturers should stay away from work pending further directive from the national body.

TASUED-ASUU Chairman, Adebayo Akinsanya said the lecturers decided to join the strike due to Federal Government’s failure to adhere to the agreement it had with the union in 2009.

He said that the union was also against the continued politicisation of the educational sector.

Mr. Akinsanya said that the only way to call off the strike was for government to fully implement the 2009 FG-ASUU agreement.

“How can government go into an agreement with the union and four years after, government is still foot-dragging over the issue, not wanting to fulfil the agreement.’’

“For the sake of the innocent students, the Federal Government should implement this agreement so that the strike can be called off, ” Mr. Akinsanya said.

Meanwhile, the National Parent Teacher Association of Nigeria (NAPTAN), has urged the Federal Government to accede to the demands of the striking university lecturers.

Deolu Ogunbajo, the National Publicity Secretary, NAPTAN, said that it was unfortunate that the government was reneging on an agreement it willingly entered into with the union.

Mr. Ogunbajo said that what the lecturers were asking for was not “new and out of place’’ and that it was only logical for government to be more responsive and sincere enough to meet such demands.

“It is unfortunate to have this same issue recurring too often. It is worrisome to see how government is always dragging this same issue with ASUU to the point of allowing them to embark on strike. They must look into the issue and do something urgently in that direction.

“Government must also realise that what the lecturers are agitating for are not just fresh demands; they are things that had been signed years ago.

“We therefore want to plead government on behalf of the striking lecturers, to urgently intervene and do the right thing so that this strike will not take a dimension that we all might live to regret,” he pleaded.

The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics and the Senior Staff Association of Polytechnics have also been on strike since April.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
ASUU president explains why strike will continue. The National President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Dr. Nasir Issa-Fagee, has said that universities in the country will continue with the on-going industrial action despite its effect on the students and their parents as well as on the academic calendar.

According to him, the Nigerian Universities will not continue to churn out unemployable graduates because of lack of training facilities in the institutions.

He acknowledged that the strike affect both parents and students, but noted that there was the need for sacrifice by all the stakeholders in order to ensure that Nigeria graduates compete with their peers in other parts of the world.

The ASUU boss observed that the agreement which the union entered into with the federal government in 2009 was due for review in June 20th, 2012, regretting that many years after the agreement, it had not been substantially implemented.

“The academic calendar had already been affected. For the fact that students were graduating, they do not even perform well when they get into the labour market.

“I don’t really know what is our priority. Is it that we just continue churning out graduates with certificates who may not perform because they have not been trained adequately as a result of lack of training facilities, research, laboratories, workshops and adequately equipped libraries?

“This is an agreement that was signed in 2009 and it should have been reviewed in 20th June, last year. I hope we are now in July, 2013, which is one year after, yet we have not substantially implemented that agreement let alone, commencing the process of review.

“So I think that is the key issue. If government is serious, it would have substantially implemented the agreement before June 20 and then commence the process of review of that agreement”, he stated.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
BREAKING: ASUU called-off strike reports Untrue – ASUU

Following the indefinite strike embarked by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), last Monday, the union, Sunday, disclosed that it will not suspend the industrial action, unless the Federal Government accedes to the agreement it reached with it in 2009. This is even as the union debunked reports on some social and online media that it has suspended its one-week old strike.

ASUU President – Fagge

ASUU cartoon
Speaking with Vanguard, ASUU Chairman, University of Lagos (UNILAG), Chapter, Dr. Karo Ogbinaka said: “The strike is still ongoing. We have not suspended or called-off the strike. Perhaps, before we do that, a National Executive Council (NEC) meeting must be held, then, the resolutions of the meeting will be made known to all chapters of the union,” adding, “The indefinite and total strike will continue, except government meets our demands.”

Meanwhile, FG through its Ministry of Education led by Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufain will Monday, meet with stakeholders in the industry, which included Vice Chancellors of Federal universities and their Governing Councils, together with interested Vice Chancellors of State and Private universities.

However, at the time of filing this report, full details of agenda for the meeting was not made known. It would recalled that the union had last Monday, called out its members on an indefinite industrial action over what it termed government’s failure to honour the Academic Earned Allowance (AEA) which formed a component of the 2009 agreement the government signed with the union.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Breaking News: Senate, ASUU, FG Meeting on Strike Issues Deadlocked

15.07.2013, 21:14  Local

Share this story

Twitter

The negotiations among the Senate, the Federal government and the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, over the ongoing industrial action embarked by universities lecturers ended without parties reaching any compromise.

The meeting which was at the instance of the chairman, Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije, PDP Abia North, was called to pacify the striking lecturers with a bid to finding a common ground. However, a source at the meeting revealed that all efforts to push for a call off of the strike proved abortive as members of ASUU stood their grounds.

The source also said that for well over seven hours, Chukwumerije was literarily on his kneels pleading with the lecturers to consider the plights of the students and call off the strike, but ASUU members refused to shift ground.

The meeting had in attendance, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Minister of Education, Professor Ruquayyatu Rufai; Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission, NUC, Professor Julius Okojie and members of the Senate Committee on Education, among others.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:00am On Jul 17, 2013
Strike: ASUU Hails Legislators For Intervention, Looks Forward To Positive Outcome.
the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqqayatu Rufai, appealed to the striking lecturers to reconsider their stand and go back to work, pending the resolution of issues involved.

The Senate Committee on Education also called ASUU for a meeting on Tuesday, towards a resolution of the issues--but it could not hold.

Fagge told NAN:``I sincerely want to appreciate the efforts of the National Assembly in its role at ensuring that it gets the executive arm of government to do what it is supposed to do on this issue.

Our meeting with the Senate Committee on Education that was slated for Tuesday July 9, could not hold because of some pressing issues that needed urgent attention.

The meeting has now been moved to Monday, July 15, when we are expected to deliberate on several issues that are related to the general development of the sector''.

Fagge said he looked forward to the meeting with the legislators and hoped it would help in resolving the issues which led to the strike.

I am confident that the National Assembly will seize this opportunity in prevailing on the executive to do what they are supposed to do so.

``I hope that at the end of the deliberation, we would have cause to be happy and get ourselves back to work.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:10am On Jul 17, 2013
The Federal Government, yesterday, begged the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, to return to classrooms, as the union insisted that the strike would continue unless agreements between it and government were implemented.

The strike which began last week, entered its second week yesterday, even as the union and Education Ministry officials appear before the National Assembly today.

Minister of Education, Professor Ruqquayat Rufa'i, who made the appeal, said the union should call off its strike in the interest of students.

Rufa'i said: "We are going to meet with ASUU and all those that are concerned at the Senate today. We are going to appear before the Senate and the House Committee on Education and we are pleading with ASUU to go back to classroom and let our children go back to school."

Speaking to Vanguard, ASUU President, Dr Isa Nasir Fagge Isa, however, said the strike would continue until the Federal Government faithfully implemented agreement in the Memorandum of Understanding, MoU reached between both parties.

He said: "On whether the strike will continue or be called off is dependent on government's decision. If the government does what is right, I assure you that we will call off the strike immediately, we will look at what government has and we will review the situation.

"We don't have to inform anybody that we are taking an action when it becomes clear to us that what we are doing cannot make any headway. We looked at all the options available before embarking on the strike.

"I must remind you that a strike is a fundamental right of a worker, if it becomes clear to a worker that the dialogue with his employer is becoming the dialogue of the deaf and dump, the worker has the right to withdraw his services, that is a fundamental right, it is enshrined in the ILO conventions and it is part of the right of Nigerian citizens.

"We have realised that each time we reached an agreement with the government, government finds it difficult to implement the provisions of the agreement and that is the reason our members advised that we just go back to the trenches.

"You should ask the government, out of the nine provisions of the Memorandum of Understanding we had how many have been implemented?

"Out of the provisions, government had been able to implement two which is the "review of the retirement age of academics on the professional cadre from 65 to 70 years and the reinstatement of the governing council of universities".

"It will be recalled that government without notice dissolved the governing board of universities, and we took it up that, the government action will not favour the university system.

"Of all the problems identified in the Need Assessment report, how many have been implemented? Our universities are still the way they are, we don't want to continue deceiving ourselves. We expect that dialogue should produce results, we have been dialoguing for one and half years and we are tired of doing that, we want actions", he insisted.

"What we need to do is to ensure that we implement the recommendations of that report, but sadly, we have had an agreement with the government in 2009 on four issues which include: Funding, University autonomy and Academic freedom and then conditions of service and other matters but four years after, the provisions of the agreement have not been implemented.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 12:33am On Jul 17, 2013
Varsity Students Appeal To FG To Settle With ASUU; Students of Bayero University, Kano (BUK), have appealed to the Federal Government to settle its differences with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) amicably and fast, to enable them to return to school.

Some of the students told a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) correspondent on Thursday in Kano that they were not happy about the development, describing it as “worrisome” and “disturbing.”

Mr Hamisu Balarabe, a 400 level economics student, said he was eager to graduate from the university when he heard about the latest ASUU strike.

He said: “the strike has shattered my dreams because it means I will have to stay longer than I anticipated.

“Honestly, the strikes by ASUU have disrupted our educational pursuit because we cannot plan our lives anymore. It is very disturbing for us, especially the prospective graduating students.”

Mariya Aminu, a 300 level mass communication student, noted students whose parents lived outside Kano were even more affected.

She said such students had to spend extra money to travel back home and to school again when they re-open.

A new student, Bilyaminu Abdulkadir, who said that the strike has demoralised him, added that “I don’t even know what to do because the strike came even before I settled down in school.”

He urged the Federal Government to negotiate with ASUU and find a lasting solution to the problem for the benefit of the upcoming generation.

In his reaction, Alhaji Aminu Bello, a parent, also urged the Federal Government to negotiate with the union in order to settle the lingering government/ASUU discrepancies.

He said it was high time the government settled with the union “so that our children can settle down and concentrate oin their studies.

“A situation whereby our children keep jumping in and out of school because of strike is not good for the country, more especially when the crime situation is increasing.

“These children need to be engaged and when they are not in school, what do you expect them to do? These are young adults and adults who must channel their energies into something meaningful.

“The Federal Government and ASUU must negotiate and find a lasting solution to this perennial problem, if we all want this country to progress. These are our leaders of tomorrow.”

ASUU embarked on an indefinite strike on July 1, to compel the Federal Government to fulfil its pledges to it, as declared by the National President, Mr Isa Fagge.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 9:03am On Jul 18, 2013
The lecturers sought the understanding of all Nigerians on the strike.
The Ibadan Zone of the Academic Staff Union of Universities,ASUU. will not call off its strike until the Federal Government meets the union’s demands, according to the Zonal Coordinator, Dr. Adesola Nassir. This follows ASUU’s resolve on Tuesday, after a meeting with federal lawmakers and ministers, to continue with the strike.
Mr. Nassir stated the union’s stance at a news conference at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) on Wednesday.
The union embarked on a nationwide indefinite strike on July 1 over claims that the Federal Government had failed to implement parts of the agreement they signed in 2009.
“We as members of the ASUU Ibadan Zone, comprising University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Lagos StateUniversity, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, and Tai Solarin University of Education, have resolved to remain on strike.
“This we are doing along with our other colleagues nationwide, for as long as it takes the government to be faithful to the implementation of the agreement and commence the process of renegotiating the 2009 agreement.
“This is not meant to inflict undue pains on our students, which also includes our members, wives and children, parents and other primary interests,’’ he said.
He described their action as a collective sacrifice toward ensuring that they bequeathed “a better university system to posterity’’.
Mr. Nassir said that since ASUU accepted the challenge of repositioning the country’s universities more than two decades ago, morethan 3,000 academics had been trained outside the country. He said this was achieved through the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND), the product of an agreement spawned by their struggles.
He hoped that the current struggle, which he said might drag on for a while, would yield positive dividends.
“We cannot continue to relegate the educationof our children by devoting a paltry 8.5 per cent of our budget even when most African countries spend about 20 per cent on the average.
“We therefore call on parents, students, progressive organisations and all other stakeholders to join our union in the struggle to free our universities and society from the claws of mis-governance, neglect and outright repression,’’ he said.
He said that the government must invest heavily in education if it truly desired a countrythat would be respected among the comity of nations.
Another lecturer, Oluwakemi Fapojuwo, of the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, said that ASUU was not attacking personalities but was only interested in ensuring that issues were tackled in the appropriate manner in order to make the system competitive.
Mrs. Fapojuwo said that as parents, they were also interested in the future of their children, whom she described as products of the universities.
“What we are saying is that government must show enough commitment about this our system to a substantial level so as to turn around the universities,’’ she said.
(NAN
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 9:35am On Jul 18, 2013
ASUU blah blah blah
we all know you are fighting for ur pocket which is the 12,500naira,the rest are jst story to backup the strike.
With all the money given to Adelabu,wat infrastructure has he put in place abi how many new lecture halls has been built.
If FG pays them that 12,500.the strike will be called off.we are watching you ASUU on 3D stadium screen
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2013
Pls if u knw or hv a bed space 4 sale in girls hostel,shud pls cal dis numba 07039665198,@ affordable price oooooo
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2013
Update live 4rm sch,4rm d stdnts side=d remainin few stdnts dt are stil hangin in sch are tired 2read,d library dts always fild up,is occupied by 7-5 stdt per day,y d remainin jus sleep nd wake up bcus of d fastin, security men are lukin hungry,dey are tired of askin 4 i,d crds,d pple dt snap,cafe,nd d pple dt make fotocopies,are jus tired of openin wit out customer pertronisin dem,nly d dploma stdnts are d 1 makin d sch2 b lively abit,4rm d boys hostel,u are begged 2 cum out nd play futbal, 4rm d girls hostel,d girls are nw makin frnds wit dos once dey dnt talk wit b4m,bcus nobody 2 talk 2 or go out wit,so nw dey take in turn by goin 2 their boy frnds huz dt are close by,d lite side,d pple dt controls it dnt sumtyms gvs d boys hostel lite,even do they is lite inside d sch,nd dey hv shrten d tym dey pt nd off it,nd abv all everytin in gwas here is so borin ova here,dt shws dt wit out d sch or stdnts around gwagwalada is ntn,here i rest my case
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 10:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Usin dis medium 2 welcum dos newly admtd stdent,welcum 2 uniabj,nd most especially dos of pub adm owns,welcum onboard, bt u most jack wel or hrder inorder 2 catch up bcus d once dt are there are stil tryin 2 cope wit all d 9 courses dt we are 2do , welcum once more
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2013
Stanley07: ASUU blah blah blah
we all know you are fighting for ur pocket which is the 12,500naira,the rest are jst story to backup the strike.
With all the money given to Adelabu,wat infrastructure has he put in place abi how many new lecture halls has been built.
If FG pays them that 12,500.the strike will be called off.we are watching you ASUU on 3D stadium screen
I concour with you. ASUU is just fighting for there own pocket all other things are just to back up and make the matter look serios. Have you heard ASUU go for strike for lack of enough class rooms in Uniabuja? Or have they ever embarked on strike for lack of good students hostel or quality laboratories? - NO. because these things do not affect them directly, then I ask, what decay in Nigeria education system is ASUU trying to salvage? Are they salvaging there own personal interest or the university community as a whole?
This is clear selfishness and nothing more.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 18, 2013
Dfinex1: Update live 4rm sch,4rm d stdnts side=d remainin few stdnts dt are stil hangin in sch are tired 2read,d library dts always fild up,is occupied by 7-5 stdt per day,y d remainin jus sleep nd wake up bcus of d fastin, security men are lukin hungry,dey are tired of askin 4 i,d crds,d pple dt snap,cafe,nd d pple dt make fotocopies,are jus tired of openin wit out customer pertronisin dem,nly d dploma stdnts are d 1 makin d sch2 b lively abit,4rm d boys hostel,u are begged 2 cum out nd play futbal, 4rm d girls hostel,d girls are nw makin frnds wit dos once dey dnt talk wit b4m,bcus nobody 2 talk 2 or go out wit,so nw dey take in turn by goin 2 their boy frnds huz dt are close by,d lite side,d pple dt controls it dnt sumtyms gvs d boys hostel lite,even do they is lite inside d sch,nd dey hv shrten d tym dey pt nd off it,nd abv all everytin in gwas here is so borin ova here,dt shws dt wit out d sch or stdnts around gwagwalada is ntn,here i rest my case
hahahaha quite funy
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 12:15am On Jul 19, 2013
Dfinex1: Update live 4rm sch,4rm d stdnts side=d remainin few stdnts dt are stil hangin in sch are tired 2read,d library dts always fild up,is occupied by 7-5 stdt per day,y d remainin jus sleep nd wake up bcus of d fastin, security men are lukin hungry,dey are tired of askin 4 i,d crds,d pple dt snap,cafe,nd d pple dt make fotocopies,are jus tired of openin wit out customer pertronisin dem,nly d dploma stdnts are d 1 makin d sch2 b lively abit,4rm d boys hostel,u are begged 2 cum out nd play futbal, 4rm d girls hostel,d girls are nw makin frnds wit dos once dey dnt talk wit b4m,bcus nobody 2 talk 2 or go out wit,so nw dey take in turn by goin 2 their boy frnds huz dt are close by,d lite side,d pple dt controls it dnt sumtyms gvs d boys hostel lite,even do they is lite inside d sch,nd dey hv shrten d tym dey pt nd off it,nd abv all everytin in gwas here is so borin ova here,dt shws dt wit out d sch or stdnts around gwagwalada is ntn,here i rest my case
Mehn its not easy being at home all day.reading no easy,boredom no easy self.abeg who else is still in gwags let's hang out.dey dnt won't me back at home,can u imagine dat.I kald my mum dat am coming tmrw,she said pls dnt come stay there.kai.dis my 07039166167 incase u bored and lonely call me let's take a walk
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 6:55am On Jul 19, 2013
National
The students’ association threatened to protest against the Federal Government shouldthe ASUU strike continue.
TheNational Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, on Thursday pledged its support to the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on its ongoing strike.
The students’ body said the demands by the university lecturers were in order.
“ASUU’s strike actions and demands are genuine and very timely in other to rescue our educational sector from total collapse,” the students said in a press release by the NANS President,Prince Miaphen.
According to Mr. Miaphen, the struggle by ASUU is genuine.
“NANS is in total support of the positions and stand of ASUU that our educational sector is in shamble and disarray. We also support ASUU’s insistence that government should provide proper funding to all higher institutions in the country.”
The union leader threatened that his association would embark on nationwide protests should the ongoing ASUU strike continue.
“If ASUU demands are not met soonest, NANS will have no choice than to mobilize Nigerian students Nationwide to stage a peaceful protest against Ministry of Education to press on all relevant Authorities to pay ASUU their due entitlements,” he said.
Mr. Miaphen decried the deplorable condition of hostels in various universities, saying the hostels need urgent government attention.
“Our hostels are in total mess; our classrooms are largely over-crowded with so many students standing up during lectures. Our laboratories have collapsed with cobwebs surrounding everywhere, no adequate water and electricity supplies on our various campuses and in-fact nothing seems to be working.
“Little wonder no Nigerian University is rated among the first 500 Universities in the world,” the NANS president said.
He said his association had confidence in the leader
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sunmax01(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2013
When is dis year 2013/2014 Uniabuja postutme form gonna be owt..

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.