Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,527 members, 7,888,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:55 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1777583 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (922) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenesther4: 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
thanks guys for the response.
but i still need to know

1. how much should be in the account for it to be accepted?
2. do i have to fill a separate form for them?
3. i have someone in SA that can invite them, but i am also processing my own study permit, would they go on visitation while i go with study permit
4. do i have to include their names in the accompanying dependant on my own form?

thanks
i will appreciate your prompt response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
queenesther4: thanks guys for the response.
but i still need to know

3. i have someone in SA that can invite them, but i am also processing my own study permit, would they go on visitation while i go with study permit
4. do i have to include their names in the accompanying dependant on my own form?

thanks

Funds in your acc must b able to cover ur trip twice,apart frm coverin d trips its believed ul need other expenses bear in mind ul fend for ur self n 2 kids.

Each person has his own form to b filled individually,but u sign for them and include contact details as yours.

There is nothin like accompanying dependant as done for uk visa.only d applicants name will b on d visa even if a minor unlike d uk.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenesther4: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
thanks so much Fonzie,

just one more question
is the application at embassy or vfs, i know mine (study permit)is at the embassy but for the children.......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:00am On Nov 14, 2013
september14:

can i apply for study permit in december

Sorry to be a bit rude my dear. But please, read the post immediately before your own. You have the answer to your question there. Again, sorry.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2013
queenesther4: thanks so much Fonzie,

just one more question
is the application at embassy or vfs, i know mine (study permit)is at the embassy but for the children.......

Sorry these, I do not have an answer to your question. Someone else surely does. You may check the following quotes
kingmayor: @collins......now I have a fresh query before applying for my study permit.

__My final admission letter is due out in a couple of weeks, i have SAQA, medical insurance, medical report, x ray report, bank account all sorted out. But how can i apply to take my wife (to be) along when applying for the study permit, my wedding is on may 30th and the admission letter will be out latest first week in may and i need to apply immediately. please advice, do I need to submit my own application first before applying for her own after our marriage, and if that is the case do I have to put married in my application so as to indicate my status. Also i noticed on the form bi 1738 the question "if spouse/dependant are not accompany you, do they intend to enter the country at a later stage"

Please come to my rescue and advice me, I have full sponsorship for the PhD programme

collinsfbi: Since you are likely to apply before your wedding, I will advice you do that as soon as possible and as regards the question on the form, thick yes meanwhile your wife and kid can join you later through tourist visas which is the easiest from naija and you will file another application for them once they are in the Republic either through an immigration lawyer or you do it yourself.

Gbamm over n out

Check the full conversation between the two guys here: https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/40#15342519
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2013
queenesther4: thanks guys for the response.
but i still need to know

thanks

fonzie2u:

Funds in your acc must b able to cover ur trip twice,apart frm coverin d trips its believed ul need other expenses bear in mind ul fend for ur self n 2 kids.

Each person has his own form to b filled individually,but u sign for them and include contact details as yours.

There is nothin like accompanying dependant as done for uk visa.only d applicants name will b on d visa even if a minor unlike d uk.

Sorry, there is something as accompanying dependants on the form. CHECK THE IMAGE BELOW

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jamescyril: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
STENACO: Send the documents to me and my trnasportation money I will help you to do that. Good luck.

Pls, is it possible to send Ɣ☺ur passport and documents to someone in south africa to help Ɣ☺u get the visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
adewumigloria: Thanks dear. And for those asking about what time is deadline for submission of study permit, in Abuja its from November to around May or June next year. So its still on till next year.
Cheers

Sorry. For study permit, you can't track online. The best you can do is to call them. You may call them before the expiration of the one month. Also, have your passport number with you when you want to call. They will ask you for it.

Cheers and all the best.

My school does not offer accomodatrion but they have a bureau that organises off campus housing for students, if I pay for 3months in advance, is this ok for confirmation of accomodation? I am applying for a study permit

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adepupo12: 1:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
hi pls i nid info on how to get a student resident permit,course i want to apply to a s.a university nxt year march and what are the possible requirements for undergraduate study in s.a av already contacted sum school and they said application will begin nxt yer march, tank u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:54am On Nov 16, 2013
Adepupo12: hi pls i nid info on how to get a student resident permit,course i want to apply to a s.a university nxt year march and what are the possible requirements for undergraduate study in s.a av already contacted sum school and they said application will begin nxt yer march, tank u

Bro, you can't get permit to study unless you have somewhere to study. So, let me break it down.
You need to secure your admission first, then apply to the High Commission for your study permit. These two simple steps are fairly longer than they sound.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adepupo12: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2013
ok bro tnx 4 d info,but pls i want to knw if day accept waec and neco results for undergrag study, how many weeks doz it takes to get d study permit after getin an admision,av already got a list of schools i wnt to aply 2 nd deir location nd hw is student life their?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by duncanmighty: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
dear people, i have found this site interesting and really informative. i need your assistance by giving the information my case deserves. I am a 21 year old guy and only have my diploma certificate. i am not in school but immediately i finished my diploma course last year. I registered a business name under CAC which i have been pushing gradually. my concerns is, i intend to apply for south africa tourist visa in 2 weeks time. my personal savings account balance is about 700000 naira. please wont they consider me as young (21 years to be self employed) and having about 700k in account. please am i good to go with my CAC cert and bank statement ? cos ive been told by some people that am supposed to be sponsored by parents and since am not in school , i dont have any tie than my biz. thank you and i await ur replies. thank u all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
Adepupo12: ok bro tnx 4 d info,but pls i want to knw if day accept waec and neco results for undergrag study, how many weeks doz it takes to get d study permit after getin an admision,av already got a list of schools i wnt to aply 2 nd deir location nd hw is student life their?

Student life here (SA) is better than student life over there (Nig).
Yes, they accept WAEC and NECO (but I think you will send your result to HESA, not SAQA).
Study permit after admission? Mine took 4 weeks, a friend's took a day.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
duncanmighty: dear people, i have found this site interesting and really informative. i need your assistance by giving the information my case deserves. I am a 21 year old guy and only have my diploma certificate. i am not in school but immediately i finished my diploma course last year. I registered a business name under CAC which i have been pushing gradually. my concerns is, i intend to apply for south africa tourist visa in 2 weeks time. my personal savings account balance is about 700000 naira. please wont they consider me as young (21 years to be self employed) and having about 700k in account. please am i good to go with my CAC cert and bank statement ? cos ive been told by some people that am supposed to be sponsored by parents and since am not in school , i dont have any tie than my biz. thank you and i await ur replies. thank u all

It depends on the consular officer that attends to you. But the money, is it in your personal account or company account?
If it's in the company account, you just need a letter saying the company is sponsoring you.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by duncanmighty: 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
thanks, d money is in my personal account. Savings.
TYPOP:

It depends on the consular officer that attends to you. But the money, is it in your personal account or company account?
If it's in the company account, you just need a letter saying the company is sponsoring you.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adewumigloria(f): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2013
september14:

My school does not offer accomodatrion but they have a bureau that organises off campus housing for students, if I pay for 3months in advance, is this ok for confirmation of accomodation? I am applying for a study permit

I think it'll be okay. But @TYPOP can help confirm this. I think he's more informed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adepupo12: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
[/color][color=#006600]
TYPOP:

Yes, they accept WAEC and NECO (but I think you will send your result to HESA, not SAQA).

Cheers and all the best.
ok tnx 4 d info bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenesther4: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2013
thanks guys for the response.
but i still need to know

thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Here to guide you on how to get your SA visa for free
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
TYPOP:

Cheers and all the best.

CAN I APPLY FOR MY STUDENT PERMIT FROM SOUTH AFRICA, I AM IN LAGOS BUT CAN I SEND MY APPLICATION OVER TO S.A AND HOW LONG WOULD THIS TAKE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 20, 2013
oneangle: Here to guide you on how to get your SA visa for free

if the dob on your passport is incorrect, can you still apply for a study permit attaching an affidavit of age declaration? would this lead to rejection
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2013
TYPOP:

Sorry to be a bit rude my dear. But please, read the post immediately before your own. You have the answer to your question there. Again, sorry.

Cheers and all the best.

if the dob on your passport is incorrect, can you still apply for a study permit attaching an affidavit of age declaration? would this lead to rejection
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IsmailAbdul: 7:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Hi everyone, just to contribute to the documentation procedure...u don't need to pay for any hotel reservation for ur documentation, all you need do is visit any travel agency or vega solution which is located on the same building with the SA VFS ... U pay 1k to get a booking done for you which you can cancel the moment u r granted a visa...I did the same for both my flight itinerary n hotel booking(2k) and I was even lucky they didn't ask me for any repatriation fee...

@Collins, pls I need more explanation on this info on my visa, it read thus:
No. Of entries: multiple
Conditions: EACH VISIT NOT TO EXCEED THIRTY (30) DAYS.
MUST HOLD ONWARD/RETURN TICKET
thks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2013
hmmm, not certain of what to say here buh ur arrangement n personal circumstance is ok as self employed and 700k in ur personal acct is cool.i dont think anything wrong for a 21yr old guy/lady to be duly registered business owner. What do u think collinsfbi and oda more informed pple?
duncanmighty: dear people, i have found this site interesting and really informative. i need your assistance by giving the information my case deserves. I am a 21 year old guy and only have my diploma certificate. i am not in school but immediately i finished my diploma course last year. I registered a business name under CAC which i have been pushing gradually. my concerns is, i intend to apply for south africa tourist visa in 2 weeks time. my personal savings account balance is about 700000 naira. please wont they consider me as young (21 years to be self employed) and having about 700k in account. please am i good to go with my CAC cert and bank statement ? cos ive been told by some people that am supposed to be sponsored by parents and since am not in school , i dont have any tie than my biz. thank you and i await ur replies. thank u all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2013
Dear nairalanders, am applying for my visa renewal the 3rd time next week...Now i have a friend who was refused sometime ago and am considering that we apply together at this time like we are going together for vacation. I use my business documents to get my visa and am like to cover her up as my employee using my docs but she has a good account balance. I wuld like to knw if its going to make sense if we submit in same package and she by accompanying me and i sponsor wit my sole personal account or she include her personal account too. I'm considerin this option to assist her chances cos am nt new to d embasy and av always complied wit immigration rule so she can be trusted. Or she shud go ahead and apply her's individually
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:46am On Nov 20, 2013
opsy4real1: Dear nairalanders, am applying for my visa renewal the 3rd time next week...Now i have a friend who was refused sometime ago and am considering that we apply together at this time like we are going together for vacation. I use my business documents to get my visa and am like to cover her up as my employee using my docs but she has a good account balance. I wuld like to knw if its going to make sense if we submit in same package and she by accompanying me and i sponsor wit my sole personal account or she include her personal account too. I'm considerin this option to assist her chances cos am nt new to d embasy and av always complied wit immigration rule so she can be trusted. Or she shud go ahead and apply her's individually

You are not sure if she has not been banned.
Also, when was the last time she was refused? What type of documents
did she submit then and her status then. Those are the things you should
consider before trying to help her out.

SHALOM
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenesther4: 11:35am On Nov 20, 2013
please guys i need answers to my questions ooooooooooooooooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ismail Abdul: Hi everyone, just to contribute to the documentation procedure...u don't need to pay for any hotel reservation for ur documentation, all you need do is visit any travel agency or vega solution which is located on the same building with the SA VFS ... U pay 1k to get a booking done for you which you can cancel the moment u r granted a visa...I did the same for both my flight itinerary n hotel booking(2k) and I was even lucky they didn't ask me for any repatriation fee...

@Collins, pls I need more explanation on this info on my visa, it read thus:
No. Of entries: multiple
Conditions: EACH VISIT NOT TO EXCEED THIRTY (30) DAYS.
MUST HOLD ONWARD/RETURN TICKET
thks in advance

The status of your visa is very simple, it simply stated that you have been granted 3 months multiple entry which means you can visit South Africa as many time as possible within that 3 months but conditionally, you must not stay more than 30 days any time you visit South Africa. Hope this help?

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Exline101: 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO OBTAIN NIGERIAN POLICE CLEARANCE FROM SOUTH AFRICA? ALSO IS THAT POSSIBLE ,GETTING IT WHILE I AM HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (922) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.