Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,217 members, 7,947,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1818437 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (932) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
[quote author=julianauche19][/quote]thanks. Satisfied
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
september14:

Sorry but I had no intentions of being rude, I was just trying to be a little bit more specific. I guess we were having an interactive conversation.

It's fine my brother. I just took an exception to that particular statement.

Since your in-law is a South African, isn't it possible for her to communicate with any of her friends so they give you the letter you need?

Also, the letter I was given when coming here was given by a Nigerian with a Permenaent Residency status and it was not certified. The embassy still gave me my visa.

So, certifying it gives you more credibility, however, it doesn't mean you can't get it without it.

Cheers man, all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
[quote author=harday][/quote]

I understand you my brother. I also did that.

I try to come here once a day. If needed, I will still converse with you via e-mail. I just want others to learn from our conversation.

Also, and more importantly, I don't have all the answers to all questions. Discussing here will give others a chance to help us with answeers they have.

Cheers man, and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
olu_stick:

Thanks. But the intitution directed me to SAQA to verify the neco result. What I don't understand is, what is a certified true copy of a neco result or how can one get it?

Please make a photocopy of the document. Then go to any high court (the one in your town is fine) and tell them you want to certify the document. They will put a stamp on your document. The stamp depends on where you get this done. However, the essence of the document will be Certified True Copy. Some may put a seal on the document, some won't. It doesn't matter.

Cheers and alll the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kidirin: 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hello All,

Please has anyone applied for an accompany (dependent) spouse visa at the SA embassy in Lagos. How long does/did it take?. Is it better to travel on a visit(tourist) visa to SA and make the application there?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olustick: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2013
TYPOP:

go to the high court and tell them you want to certify your certificate you must take the photocopies there they will do it for you there.

cheers and alll the best.

Thanks so much bro, but in a case the original certificate isn't ready yet. Can one take an online print out to the high court?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 11, 2013
i was granted a one year multiple(tourist)visa.It was my first time applying,because i heard its three 3months they usually give.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 11:52am On Nov 11, 2013
where did u apply? Lagos or Abuja? Many Congrats!
fonzie2u: i was granted a one year multiple(tourist)visa.It was my first time applying,because i heard its three 3months they usually give.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
opsy4real1: where did u apply? Lagos or Abuja? Many Congrats!

Lagos office(VFS@OREGUN)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
how long did it take to get ready from date of ur submission.?
fonzie2u:

Lagos office(VFS@OREGUN)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
opsy4real1: how long did it take to get ready from date of ur submission.?

LESS THAN 2WEEKS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
fonzie2u:

LESS THAN 2WEEKS

its best to go early on a friday,200 applications per day,i did all d documentations myself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
thats a great improvement in their service as per timely delivery....wanna apply for 3rd visa renewal though i used to renew thru abuja b4 cos of lagos delays but now i'l do so in lagos.thanx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by toyhandsome(m): 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Please guys did anyone go to south african lagos embassy today. . Did they collect applications for study permit. ? Cos they av been postin us since o. .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adisa009(m): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Please peeps, I need SA based currently in naija to help me submit my certificates for SAQA evaluation on his/her returning back in republic. In another vein, I wouldn't mind any useful information on how to get the certificates across to SAQA to aid my evaluation on a fast track level.

Aprc8t in a million
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 12, 2013
TYPOP:

Since your in-law is a South African, isn't it possible for her to communicate with any of her friends so they give you the letter you need?

Also, the letter I was given when coming here was given by a Nigerian with a Permenaent Residency status and it was not certified. The embassy still gave me my visa.

So, certifying it gives you more credibility, however, it doesn't mean you can't get it without it.

Thnaks bro, my brother previously wrote one confirmation letter for me, you mean even without it been notarized i can submit it right? and attach his passport id with it. can i also apply for study permit in december, very early december.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 12, 2013
TYPOP:

and when the nigerian with the permanent residence gave yiou the letter, what type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2013
South Africa embassy in Lagos started collection of study permit yesterday. (11-11-2013)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenesther4: 10:50am On Nov 12, 2013
hello,
please i need urgent answers to the following questions
1. when is the deadline for application for study permit (abuja embassy)?
2. i want to travel with my 2 kids, (1yr and 3yrs) how do i go about it?
3. my husband will be the sponsor, what are the documents to be attached with the bank statement?
4. how much should i have in the account?
5. is it possible for him to transfer the fund to my own account, my since i dont have a regular income and my statement of account is less than 10k for the past 6 months?

thanks , i will appreciate your prompt response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adewumigloria(f): 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
Hi nairalanders. Thanks for all the info on this thread. Its been very helpful. I submitted an application for study permit on the 5th of Nov, that was last week tuesday and was asked to come bck in a months time.pls is it possible to track it online and how can I do that as I wasn't given any receipt( they said I'll get the receipt when I come for my visa) or will they send me a messageh
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
queenesther4: hello,
3. my husband will be the sponsor, what are the documents to be attached with the bank statement?
5. is it possible for him to transfer the fund to my own account, my since i dont have a regular income and my statement of account is less than 10k for the past 6 months?

Ur spouse doesn't need to transfer funds since his d sponsor. He needs to write a travel consent for d kids,place of stay etc.since 3 of u are going let him add other sources of income e.g shares,past pay,bankers acceptance.

You will need evidence from ur kids school to show they attend school e. Report card mid term report,also get to photocopy all past and present immunisation records

If ur in lag go to MM airport n gt a yellow card vaccination for the 3 of u.

Hold ur marriage cert and ur husbands passport page.also his employment or job offers.if u knw anyone in SA let d person send u an invite dsnt mean u must stay wit d person.

B very careful when fillin d form a mistake means startin al over.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
olu_stick:
Thanks so much bro, but in a case the original certificate isn't ready yet. Can one take an online print out to the high court?

It is a tough call to make. While I know of someone that has applied with the statement of result from his High School, he is yet to get an answer from SAQA so I do not know how they address these issues for now.

If I were in your shoes, I would print the online version, include the statement of result from High School and a WAEC scratch card with a letter of motivation as to why I am sending all those documents. That way, they can verify themselves.

That being said, I don't even know if it will work. I just think it gives you a higher chance.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
fonzie2u: i was granted a one year multiple(tourist)visa.It was my first time applying,because i heard its three 3months they usually give.

Congrats and journey mercies.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2013
toyhandsome: Please guys did anyone go to south african lagos embassy today. . Did they collect applications for study permit. ? Cos they av been postin us since o. .

Hi. Refer to adewumigloria's post on this same page (6 posts after yours). She was able to submit on the 5th of Nov. Meaning they are probably collecting applications for study permit.

Please note that they only accept between Mondays and Wednessdays.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
adisa009: Please peeps, I need SA based currently in naija to help me submit my certificates for SAQA evaluation on his/her returning back in republic. In another vein, I wouldn't mind any useful information on how to get the certificates across to SAQA to aid my evaluation on a fast track level.

Aprc8t in a million

I am in the republic but I know someone coming soon. Send me an e-mail.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2013
september14:

Thnaks bro, my brother previously wrote one confirmation letter for me, you mean even without it been notarized i can submit it right? and attach his passport id with it. can i also apply for study permit in december, very early december.

I submitted mine without notarizing and I was granted visa. I think you can submit it like that.

On the dates issue, kindly check my previous response.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
september14:

and when the nigerian with the permanent residence gave yiou the letter, what type of visa did you apply for?

Study permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
iyiolami: South Africa embassy in Lagos started collection of study permit yesterday. (11-11-2013)

Thanks bro. Nice one.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2013
queenesther4: hello,

Fonzie2u did justice to your questions.

However, include your children's former vaccination card so they know your children got all their vaccinations.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2013
adewumigloria: Hi nairalanders. Thanks for all the info on this thread. Its been very helpful. I submitted an application for study permit on the 5th of Nov, that was last week tuesday and was asked to come bck in a months time.pls is it possible to track it online and how can I do that as I wasn't given any receipt( they said I'll get the receipt when I come for my visa) or will they send me a messageh

Sorry. For study permit, you can't track online. The best you can do is to call them. You may call them before the expiration of the one month. Also, have your passport number with you when you want to call. They will ask you for it.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adewumigloria(f): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Thanks dear. And for those asking about what time is deadline for submission of study permit, in Abuja its from November to around May or June next year. So its still on till next year.
Cheers

Sorry. For study permit, you can't track online. The best you can do is to call them. You may call them before the expiration of the one month. Also, have your passport number with you when you want to call. They will ask you for it.

Cheers and all the best.[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
TYPOP:

Study permit.

can i apply for study permit in december

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (932) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 080bjaked(m), Tamvex, emmahoney(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.