Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,103 members, 7,977,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:49 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1847556 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (941) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2013
barakah:

I'm not quite clear about the figures here.
What does the Bank statement cover when it should just show that i have a means of livelihood?
Do i also need this for a holiday visa?
Do i need repatrition fees for holday too?

Yes, you need the repatriation fees. Otherwise, some people will turn holiday into permanent residency. Having 110k back home is worth coming back home for (to some people, not all). However, paying it depends on the consular officer that attends to you. They don't ask everybody to pay.

The bank statement is just to show you can afford your stay there. While you can get your permit with much less in your account, having more gives you an edge when the consular is making his decision. He thinks "this guy is not likely to be a liability in my country" if you have much. For the guy that has 250k, he may think "so, what happens if something happens and you have to spend some money you didn't plan for?"

If however you don't have that much, you should still submit your application. It shouldn't deter you. Trust in God, submit and believe for the best.

BTW, the price I gave for transportation is now changing. Tickets now go as high as 140k (and as low as 100k). Depends on when you book for your flight.

Cheers man.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 2:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
if south africa stamp my passport for forge document the ban is like how many month?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:52am On Nov 07, 2013
Horladortune: On the streets of Panorama, Cape Town

Just to remind people of your lies. This same guy claimed he is coming for medical treatment latest Dec 2012. LOL.
Do you really need to remind people all that happened in your history by posting all these pics (especially knowing your history with forged documents)?

Some guys appal me. Gosh!

See his post here: https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/16#13345870
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:58am On Nov 07, 2013
namqul: if south africa stamp my passport for forge document the ban is like how many month?

Read Horladotune's post and people's responses on pages 15 - 17. Here is the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/15#13323299.

Also note that he is in SA now (as shown by the pictures he has been posting). That means he was able to enter SA about 9 months after he was denied for forged docs.
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/62#18944378
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/63#19308796

I hope you are clean though.

Cheer and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
Horladortune: On the streets of Panorama, Cape Town

I dont know why you keep posting your photos on the thread, this is not like some facebook page
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
hi all, is anyone with the idea how long it takes one to get his/her repartriation deposit back from the south africa embassy and the procedures? Thank u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muyikool: 4:14am On Nov 08, 2013
Pls Do I need a BTA to travel to south africa from nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:50am On Nov 08, 2013
opsy4real1: hi all, is anyone with the idea how long it takes one to get his/her repartriation deposit back from the south africa embassy and the procedures? Thank u

A friend said he processed in 2-3 weeks. Certainly not immediate.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:51am On Nov 08, 2013
muyikool: Pls Do I need a BTA to travel to south africa from nigeria?

Customs might claim you need it. Truth is, you don't. Talk to them, they should give you free passage.

However, I hope you have some rands to spend once you arrive (unless someone is picking you at the airport).

Cheers man.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:58am On Nov 08, 2013
collinsfbi:

Gbam over n out

@Collinsfbi, been a long time we saw you here last. Just checking up on you. I learnt all I know now about all these stuff because of you and fellow NL here. Leaving us so soon?

Hope you're good? Cheers man, and good luck with that car. grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
Please can someone tell me wat to do.I went to my school to demand for my transcript to submit to SAQA .but they said they can't give me.that they have to address it to them.is it true.cos I tot am supposed to put all my results together and submit all together
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muyikool: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2013
@TYPOP I don't have bta with me but I have some little cash cos my brother is comming to pick me at the airport and am holding visitor visa.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dannie007(m): 8:09am On Nov 09, 2013
Good day nairalander's please I want to throw out a question please I will need advice on it. My friend who planned traveling with me to SA during his leave lost his Mum, couldn't travel again due to cost of burial and everything so his Visa will be expiring next week, so what advice can I grab here to relate to him cos he plans to reapply for a visit next year. Just came back from SA, its a beautiful place to visit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2013
TYPOP:

While I do not know if the embassy will accept 2 months rent in advance, I can tell you that AFDA is in Auckland Park (if you are coming to the Joburg centre) and you should be able to get accomodation for between R2000 and R3000 depending on what you want. It may be single or sharing. Also, the usual practice is to pay on a monthly basis but you may be able to have a way. Why not discuss your challenge with AFDA and ask them to secure accomodation for you while you pay? Is this possible? Otherwise, you will need someone to look around for you and try to get one for you.

But the best advice I can give you is to look for someone with a permanent permit to give you a letter that they will accomodate you. Once you get here, you can now go house hunting and get your own appartment. You usually have to deposit when you are first moving in (usually the same amount as your rent). You will get your deposit back when moving out if all is well with the house as per damages.

Cheers man, all the best.

MY brother has a permanent resident permit, be he his in Nigeria presently, his wife is a citizen, but she is also not in the country resently and these letters have to be notarized in S.a. And yes Afda has an Agent that finds accomodation for its students and they found one for me for R2000 a month. So you mean even if I pay for 2months in advance, the embassy might not accept this? Give me an answer to this particular question. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mybad: 11:34am On Nov 09, 2013
TYPOP:

Yes, you need the repatriation fees. Otherwise, some people will turn holiday into permanent residency. Having 110k back home is worth coming back home for (to some people, not all).

The bank statement is just to show you can afford your stay there. While you can get your permit with much less in your account, having more gives you an edge when the consular is making his decision. He thinks "this guy is not likely to be a liability in my country" if you have much. For the guy that has 250k, he may think "so, what happens if something happens and you have to spend some money you didn't plan for?"

If however you don't have that much, you should still submit your application. It shouldn't deter you. Trust in God, submit and believe for the best.

BTW, the price I gave for transportation is now changing. Tickets now go as high as 140k (and as low as 100k). Depends on when you book for your flight.

Cheers man.

So where can i get the visa application form online?
I recall i've seen it somewhere before.
Do i need to go to the consular office before i can get it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
julianauche19: Please can someone tell me wat to do.I went to my school to demand for my transcript to submit to SAQA .but they said they can't give me.that they have to address it to them.is it true.cos I tot am supposed to put all my results together and submit all together

It depends on your school. For example, my school gives you a personal copy the first time you applied for a transcript.

What you can also do is request for the transcript and put the address of an office of someone you know there. You then get it from such person. The address on the transcript does not matter. SAQA will still process. If they accept, you can use your own address.

Cheers, all the best man. And maybe some other folks have an advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obam(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
pls guyz how do I send money from southy to naija?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
muyikool: @TYPOP I don't have bta with me but I have some little cash cos my brother is comming to pick me at the airport and am holding visitor visa.thanks

You may/may not have issues with customs in Naija. Once you leave Naija, you have no probs. BTA is not an issue when you enter SA. Since it's Naija, you can persuade them and explain yourself. You should be free to go on.

Let your bro also advise you since he's in the Republic already.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2013
dannie007: Good day nairalander's please I want to throw out a question please I will need advice on it. My friend who planned traveling with me to SA during his leave lost his Mum, couldn't travel again due to cost of burial and everything so his Visa will be expiring next week, so what advice can I grab here to relate to him cos he plans to reapply for a visit next year. Just came back from SA, its a beautiful place to visit.

Personally, I would say he should apply when he wants and explain in his letter of motivation why he couldn't embark on that trip. However, this may not be the best advice. Let others weigh in on this please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
september14:

MY brother has a permanent resident permit, be he his in Nigeria presently, his wife is a citizen, but she is also not in the country resently and these letters have to be notarized in S.a. And yes Afda has an Agent that finds accomodation for its students and they found one for me for R2000 a month. So you mean even if I pay for 2months in advance, the embassy might not accept this? Give me an answer to this particular question. Thanks.

Seriously? Like I have an obligation to answer you? #RUDE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
mybad:

Study permit or visitors permit?

You can get the visitor's permit online from http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/Application_Form_040213.pdf

The online version of the study permit is slightly different from what you will get at the consular. It's better you get to the consular (not VFS) to pick up this form. They will also give you the medical report form to fill. Please get to the consular.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
obam: pls guyz how do I send money from southy to naija?

That's a good question I've been trying to get answers to. Anybody with an answer? A cheap way of doing this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
mybad:

Bro, I will try to answer your questions here as much as I can. That way, others can benefit. No real need to do private e-mails.

Cheers man.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
TYPOP:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
TYPOP:

Sorry but I had no intentions of being rude, I was just trying to be a little bit more specific. I guess we were having an interactive conversation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harday(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
[quote author=september14]
so sorry [/quote, i just tot calling u would fast tins u for me p
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olustick: 10:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello. I am new here. Please I need your help on how to verify O levels with SAQA. Neco to be precise. Sending a friend of mine who is returning bck to SA. Pls what is the right and exact thing to send. The original neco certificate hasn't been issued. But I do have the printed version also with my scratch card. Need ur advice. Thank you so much.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2013
olu_stick: Hello. I am new here. Please I need your help on how to verify O levels with SAQA. Neco to be precise. Sending a friend of mine who is returning bck to SA. Pls what is the right and exact thing to send. The original neco certificate hasn't been issued. But I do have the printed version also with my scratch card. Need ur advice. Thank you so much.

You do not need saqa. What you need is hesa, I guess you want to apply for an undergrad program? Then google hesa south africa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olustick: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
september14:

You do not need saqa. What you need is hesa, I guess you want to apply for an undergrad program? Then google hesa south africa.

Thanks. But the intitution directed me to SAQA to verify the neco result. What I don't understand is, what is a certified true copy of a neco result or how can one get it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
olu_stick:

Thanks. But the intitution directed me to SAQA to verify the neco result. What I don't understand is, what is a certified true copy of a neco result or how can one get it?

It means your neco certificate. The one you received from neco. If you have not collected it or if it is not ready go to neco and explain to them, they should be able to provide a provisional letter for you. Besides saqa would evaluate your neco to nqf3 which is not sufficient to gain admission into a university in south africa. Except you are up to 23yrs old, then hesa would give you a mature age exemption.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by julianauche19: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
TYPOP:

It depends on your school. For example, my school gives you a personal copy the first time you applied for a transcript.

What you can also do is request for the transcript and put the address of an office of someone you know there. You then get it from such person. The address on the transcript does not matter. SAQA will still process. If they accept, you can use your own address.thanks bro .am fully satisfied with Ure answer

Cheers, all the best man. And maybe some other folks have an advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (941) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.