Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,563 members, 7,888,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:55 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1777668 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (922) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2013
queenesther4: thanks guys for the response.
but i still need to know

1. how much should be in the account for it to be accepted?
2. do i have to fill a separate form for them?
3. i have someone in SA that can invite them, but i am also processing my own study permit, would they go on visitation while i go with study permit
4. do i have to include their names in the accompanying dependant on my own form?

thanks
i will appreciate your prompt response.

Sincerely, I think applying for them as dependants is the right thing to do. Visiting will only give them a few months. Dependants will make them stay with you for the duration of your stay. I will also ask some people and get back to you.

On the amount, it depends on if you have paid your school fees or not. Also, the amount in the account is not as important as the flow of cash in the account for the past 6 months. You may have 300k and be granted cos 6M has moved in the account in the past 6 months. You may also have 1M and not be granted cos that 750m just came in the last few days and you've only moved 25k per month in the past few months. But, generally speaking, if you have an account with more than 1.2M in the account, you should normally be granted. The dependants make the case a bit complicated cos they will expect you to have the cash to take care of the children accurately while you study.

A good advice would have been to apply for yourself first, enter the republic and then process papers for your children. That way, you won't be denied as a result of dependents.

@collinsfbi, good to have you back here. I was happy seeing your reply to Ismail. What do you think about the above please? Especially questions 2, 3 and 4.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:00am On Nov 21, 2013
september14:

CAN I APPLY FOR MY STUDENT PERMIT FROM SOUTH AFRICA, I AM IN LAGOS BUT CAN I SEND MY APPLICATION OVER TO S.A AND HOW LONG WOULD THIS TAKE.

You normally apply for permit in the country you are living in presently. It will normally be rejected if you apply from SA. But knowing Nigerians, I wouldn't say it is impossible.

My advice? Apply from Lagos or Abuja.

Cheers and all the best.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2013
september14:

if the dob on your passport is incorrect, can you still apply for a study permit attaching an affidavit of age declaration? would this lead to rejection

Wrong DOB on passport? Or you're trying to change your age? Get another passport with the right age now? Actually, I smell deceit. I may be wrong though, and I apologize if I am.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:07am On Nov 21, 2013
Exline101: PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO OBTAIN NIGERIAN POLICE CLEARANCE FROM SOUTH AFRICA? ALSO IS THAT POSSIBLE ,GETTING IT WHILE I AM HERE IN SOUTH AFRICA?

There is a way to get your finger print done here in SA and sent to Naija for the report. Someone coming can help you bring it. Download the application form, take the print, scan and send to someone in Naija, let them take it to Alagbon for you. One of them can help you bring it. My friend helped his friend bring one when he was coming. I also brought one for someone when coming.

Please note, it may cost you a little more than people at home pay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by daradave: 11:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Goodday house, pls I would like advise on what to do. I will be joining my hubby soon in SA and am a medical lab scientist but am not sure ow easy it is to actually get acredited to practice with foreign credentials. So I want to have a back up plan. I want to learn a trade here with d 6mnths I have left. The options ave bin given for now includes hairdressing , sewing, and manicure n pedicure. But I want advise frm experienced people who are der already to know which skill will be better or if der is any other dat can be suggested.but pls note dat my hubby isn't in any of d big cites. Also ow can I come wit my househelp cos we don't share a surname n I don't want to leave her behind cos I promised to educate her n I know returning her to d village may kill her dreams. So ow can I secure her a visa as my child cos I don't want to be accused for child trafficking o.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
queenesther4: thanks guys for the response.
but i still need to know

1. how much should be in the account for it to be accepted?
2. do i have to fill a separate form for them?
3. i have someone in SA that can invite them, but i am also processing my own study permit, would they go on visitation while i go with study permit
4. do i have to include their names in the accompanying dependant on my own form?

thanks
i will appreciate your prompt response.

TYPOP:

Sincerely, I think applying for them as dependants is the right thing to do. Visiting will only give them a few months. Dependants will make them stay with you for the duration of your stay. I will also ask some people and get back to you.

On the amount, it depends on if you have paid your school fees or not. Also, the amount in the account is not as important as the flow of cash in the account for the past 6 months. You may have 300k and be granted cos 6M has moved in the account in the past 6 months. You may also have 1M and not be granted cos that 750m just came in the last few days and you've only moved 25k per month in the past few months. But, generally speaking, if you have an account with more than 1.2M in the account, you should normally be granted. The dependants make the case a bit complicated cos they will expect you to have the cash to take care of the children accurately while you study.

A good advice would have been to apply for yourself first, enter the republic and then process papers for your children. That way, you won't be denied as a result of dependents.

@collinsfbi, good to have you back here. I was happy seeing your reply to Ismail. What do you think about the above please? Especially questions 2, 3 and 4.
Good job TYPOP,

Question 2
@queenesther4, If you mind, i will advise you to get your student permit first before filing application for an accompanying and also to avoid complications in your application. If your accompany is a minor without passport which mean he/she has not started schooling and you can't leave him/her behind, good you can include the accompany birth certificate and other relevant docs without filling separate form otherwise i will advise you to secure your study permit first then file for any accompany. On the other side, separate forms must be completed in respect of persons over the age of 16 and children under the age of 16 traveling on their own passports.

Question 3
If you have someone in SA who can invite your accompanies, good! or secure tourist visa for them in naija, i think that will be better of than complicating your own application. You could be denied because of any irrelevant reasons. I think this will be a better option because even if you still go ahead and secure accompanying visa for your dependants, it will be useless if you intend to enroll them in any South African school because they are also entitled to hold study permit to school in respective of any South African school you may decide to enroll them upon arrival.

Question 4
Any dependant accompanying you must be included in your application and separate forms must be completed in respect of persons over the age of 16 and children under the age of 16 traveling on their own passports while minors without passport do not need a separate form. In doing this, you must include an affidavit, substantially corresponding to Form 12 contained in Annexure A, confirming any spousal relationship of the applicant and the particulars of any children born of such relationship.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
TYPOP:

@Collinsfbi, been a long time we saw you here last. Just checking up on you. I learnt all I know now about all these stuff because of you and fellow NL here. Leaving us so soon?

Hope you're good? Cheers man, and good luck with that car. grin

I do not leave you guys, in fact i am happy to see you guys replying to comments and giving right advice to people. I hardly come over here because of the nature of my work at the moment but I am always here even if i don't have time to reply others but since we have people like you then this thread must survive and the good work must continue. Good job TYPOP.

Gbamm, over n out!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
TYPOP:

Wrong DOB on passport? Or you're trying to change your age? Get another passport with the right age now? Actually, I smell deceit. I may be wrong though, and I apologize if I am.

no deceit here bro, can i apply anyway with a letter of affidavit? and its for student permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
@collins, cud u pls throw light to duncanmighty's query above?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenesther4: 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
collinsfbi:

Good job TYPOP,

Question 2
@queenesther4, If you mind, i will advise you to get your student permit first before filing application for an accompanying and also to avoid complications in your application. If your accompany is a minor without passport which mean he/she has not started schooling and you can't leave him/her behind, good you can include the accompany birth certificate and other relevant docs without filling separate form otherwise i will advise you to secure your study permit first then file for any accompany. On the other side, separate forms must be completed in respect of persons over the age of 16 and children under the age of 16 traveling on their own passports.

Question 3
If you have someone in SA who can invite your accompanies, good! or secure tourist visa for them in naija, i think that will be better of than complicating your own application. You could be denied because of any irrelevant reasons. I think this will be a better option because even if you still go ahead and secure accompanying visa for your dependants, it will be useless if you intend to enroll them in any South African school because they are also entitled to hold study permit to school in respective of any South African school you may decide to enroll them upon arrival.

Question 4
Any dependant accompanying you must be included in your application and separate forms must be completed in respect of persons over the age of 16 and children under the age of 16 traveling on their own passports while minors without passport do not need a separate form. In doing this, you must include an affidavit, substantially corresponding to Form 12 contained in Annexure A, confirming any spousal relationship of the applicant and the particulars of any children born of such relationship.

Gbamm over n out
thanks so much. i appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenesther4: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
thanks so much for your response. i still want clarification about children accompanying me and my best option.
1. I have a 2 yrs and 1 yr old who i had to obtain passport for because the new ECOWAS passport does not have space for accompanying children so they have their own passports.

2. i will also be using my husband account with good cash flow for my study permit, is this ok, what are the supporting documents to be attached to the bank statement of his?

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE ON MY BEST OPTION
THANKS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 7:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
hello guys, please i need your sincere advice on the following, after reading through your replies to queenesther4, i decided to seek your opinion on the following;
I recently got an admission for postgraduate study in SA, and i have submitted my application for study permit at the high commission, still awaiting my permit.
However, my wife also got admitted for post graduate studies in SA and we need to apply for her study permit also.
In addition, we have two children, (3yrs and 2yrs ) who would have to go with us, so
1. can we use my account for her application bearing in mind that i just used the same account for my application? how much would be needed in the account for this case scenario?

2. what would be the best option for these children who are not going to start schooling immediately in the republic but have their own passports as required by the new ecowas system?

Or

3. do you think getting a friend in the republic to invite these children (3 and 2 yrs) will be applicable? bearing in mind their ages?

thanks
?pls help oooooooo, still waiting..................
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2013
TYPOP:

You normally apply for permit in the country you are living in presently. It will normally be rejected if you apply from SA. But knowing Nigerians, I wouldn't say it is impossible.

Cheers and all the best.

pls, i need ur help,am presently in SA, cn i apply for student permit over dis or i will need to come back to nigeria to do dt
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
phone:

pls, i need ur help,am presently in SA, cn i apply for student permit over dis or i will need to come back to nigeria to do dt
yes, go to a school of your choice, register they will supply you documents to back up your permit, note that most schools will tell you to pay fully since you are here so get ready to do that... You can get a school for around 15k, 20k and above Rands... Boston College, Unisa uni cape just check online first or if you have someone here tell then to check for you at the school...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
collinsfbi:

I do not leave you guys, in fact i am happy to see you guys replying to comments and giving right advice to people. I hardly come over here because of the nature of my work at the moment but I am always here even if i don't have time to reply others but since we have people like you then this thread must survive and the good work must continue. Good job TYPOP.

Gbamm, over n out!

please can i use a sworn affidavit to back up my claim of wrong date of birth, to apply for a study permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
herigift: hello guys, please i need your sincere advice on the following, after reading through your replies to queenesther4, i decided to seek your opinion on the following;
I recently got an admission for postgraduate study in SA, and i have submitted my application for study permit at the high commission, still awaiting my permit.
However, my wife also got admitted for post graduate studies in SA and we need to apply for her study permit also.
In addition, we have two children, (3yrs and 2yrs ) who would have to go with us, so
1. can we use my account for her application bearing in mind that i just used the same account for my application? how much would be needed in the account for this case scenario?

2. what would be the best option for these children who are not going to start schooling immediately in the republic but have their own passports as required by the new ecowas system?

Or

3. do you think getting a friend in the republic to invite these children (3 and 2 yrs) will be applicable? bearing in mind their ages?

thanks
waiting plssssssss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
daradave: Goodday house, pls I would like advise on what to do. I will be joining my hubby soon in SA and am a medical lab scientist but am not sure ow easy it is to actually get acredited to practice with foreign credentials. So I want to have a back up plan. I want to learn a trade here with d 6mnths I have left. The options ave bin given for now includes hairdressing , sewing, and manicure n pedicure. But I want advise frm experienced people who are der already to know which skill will be better or if der is any other dat can be suggested.but pls note dat my hubby isn't in any of d big cites. Also ow can I come wit my househelp cos we don't share a surname n I don't want to leave her behind cos I promised to educate her n I know returning her to d village may kill her dreams. So ow can I secure her a visa as my child cos I don't want to be accused for child trafficking o.thanks

Please note that the advice I give on this thread will always be legit. There may be other illegitimate ways but I do not know such and will not recommend such.

Why not explain to the child's parents, probably get paperwork done with a lawyer with them that you are not stealing their child and then get their approval for a proper adoption. That way, she/he is legally your dependant.

Like I said, there may be other ways, but this is the only way I know, for now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
collinsfbi:

Gbamm, over n out!

When the boss gives you a glowing recommendation, your head cannot but swell. *grins*

Good to have you here once more bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
september14:

no deceit here bro, can i apply anyway with a letter of affidavit? and its for student permit

Ok, I believe you.

See, the embassy looks for very little reasons to disqualify people. And since they don't really trust us that much, why put yourself at a disadvantage?

My advice? Since you say it's a mistake, why not process another passport with the right date? You should be able to process for a new one if the affidavit is seen to be right. Trust me, getting a new passport is easier than getting your study permit with an affidavit.

That being said, all things are possible in Naija.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
queenesther4: thanks so much for your response. i still want clarification about children accompanying me and my best option.
1. I have a 2 yrs and 1 yr old who i had to obtain passport for because the new ECOWAS passport does not have space for accompanying children so they have their own passports.

2. i will also be using my husband account with good cash flow for my study permit, is this ok, what are the supporting documents to be attached to the bank statement of his?

PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE ON MY BEST OPTION
THANKS

I told you I would ask around. I did.

Best option in my opinion and those I asked? Apply for your permit without any accompanying dependants. Get your study permit. Enter South Africa. See how things operate in the country. Ask questions and make plans for when your children come. Then get your children to come in later (perharps with your husband visiting). That way, it is much easier for you and they are less likely to reject your application.

Please note that if you apply for your children to come with you now, you will probably also need to do medical aid for them since they will be staying for a long time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
herigift: hello guys, please i need your sincere advice on the following, after reading through your replies to queenesther4, i decided to seek your opinion on the following;

Or

thanks

Your case is slightly different from Esther's. And I like people who read previous posts to know it didn't answer their own questions before they ask. Well done bro.

1. Yes, you can use the same account for the application. If you have another one with a good amount of money, fine. Otherwise, you should be good to go. However, since the account will now be for two applicants, you may want to have between 1.5 and 2M in your account. In my opinion, you should be able to sail through. But the best advise is, have close to 3M in your account.

2 & 3. Look, this is where you are different from Esther. I will advise both of you discuss and know who is the most important person to go. Let that person apply alone. The other person can then apply with the children as accompanying dependants. That way, if they deny the other person, you guys will know you just gave it a trial. And in case they give both of you guys, please come back here so we all can learn what and how you did it.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
phone:

Since you are in the Republic at the moment, yes boss, you can. You don't need to go back to naija. The home affairs is your location of choice. You will need to get a letter from your institution to take there. However, among other things, you will need police clearance from Naija. Someone already asked about that. Read the previous posts about police clearance certificate.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
Tnx for d info,,it rili erase my worries. God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 23, 2013
TYPOP:

Ok, I believe you.

See, the embassy looks for very little reasons to disqualify people. And since they don't really trust us that much, why put yourself at a disadvantage?

My advice? Since you say it's a mistake, why not process another passport with the right date? You should be able to process for a new one if the affidavit is seen to be right. Trust me, getting a new passport is easier than getting your study permit with an affidavit.

That being said, all things are possible in Naija.

Cheers and all the best.

i decided to go get a new passport, i just did my police report yesterday and asked they leave the passport number area blank. because i dont want the passport with wrong age on it. hope this is not much of a problem too. do you alos know when the consulate in abj go on holls because i am hoping of submitting in decermber and collecting my passport in middle january
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 9:18am On Nov 23, 2013
[quote author=TYPOP]

Your case is slightly different from Esther's. And I like people who read previous posts to know it didn't answer their own questions before they ask. Well done bro.

1. Yes, you can use the same account for the application. If you have another one with a good amount of money, fine. Otherwise, you should be good to go. However, since the account will now be for two applicants, you may want to have between 1.5 and 2M in your account. In my opinion, you should be able to sail through. But the best advise is, have close to 3M in your account.

2 & 3. Look, this is where you are different from Esther. I will advise both of you discuss and know who is the most important person to go. Let that person apply alone.
thanksrial. And in case they give both of you guys, please come back here so we all can learn what and how you did it.

Cheers and all the best.[/quote
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 9:22am On Nov 23, 2013
thanks, TYPOP, i really appreciate. but do u mean the other person may be denied because of the children? someone told me we have to apply for the children at VFS and that they will be accompanying dependant in my wife's form and that will be submitted at the high commission, how true is this, please any information about this? i have already applied for my own permit at the abuja office last week.
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2013
herigift: thanks, TYPOP, i really appreciate. but do u mean the other person may be denied because of the children? someone told me we have to apply for the children at VFS and that they will be accompanying dependant in my wife's form and that will be submitted at the high commission, how true is this, please any information about this? i have already applied for my own permit at the abuja office last week.
thanks
waiting...........
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 8:37am On Nov 24, 2013
Good day NLs, can someone tell me hw much it ll take to get a S.A visa. Though dis might have been asked n answered bt i couldnt read all thru d pages. Pls need response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
Preppie: Thank you.

If your school only send admission offers via email then you are good to
go but if not then you need to request for the hard copy to be sent too
your address

Requirement for South African Study Permit
Your passport which must be valid for at least 30 days
Your permit fee
Proof of financial means of pay your tuition and support your studies
(Bank Statement)
Proof of medical or insurance cover registered and recognised by South
African Govt
Repatriation fee except sponsored by south african body or South African
citizen or study less than 1yr
Police clearance is required if you are older than 18
An official letter of acceptance from South African institution
detailing course duration
Power of attorney will be needed if an agent is applying on your behalf
Evidence of payment for conditional offer

Gbammm over and out
Pls,may I ask if the duplicate copies of my credentials required to be submitted with the application form for study permit have to be certified?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hey pp of NL,Pls,,how much does police clearance certificate cost and how long will it take..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adisa009(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
TYPOP:

Cheers and all the best.

U asked me to send my email for SAQA certificate evaluation over there in SA since that time have sent it u haven't reply. Pls get back to me soon bro here is d email again: adsbjrash@gmail.com thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (922) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.