Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,182 members, 7,903,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

So They Never Really Loved MKO - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So They Never Really Loved MKO (17783 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / MKO Abiola: How He Died - Dr Ore Falomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by blasterman(m): 9:01pm On May 30, 2012
As Yakubu = Missed goal
GEJ with the way he is going
is GEJ=Mumu
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by wesley80(m): 9:03pm On May 30, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28pt]Only id-io-ts don't know that President Goodluck Jonathan and his cabal don't give a damn about MKO Abiola, but to use him to sway the Yorubas to favour his PDP script for 2015.

Of course only id-iots also voted for him.[/size]

[size=28pt]MKO Abiola never even attended a Nigerian university and contributed nothing to the development of the University of Lagos.
He was the undisputed Pillar of Sports and the National Stadium in Lagos would have been more befitting to be named after him as the same GEJ renamed Liberty Stadium to Obafemi Awolowo Stadium on November 12, 2010 during his maiden working tour of Ogun State.

Imagine renaming Harvard, Yale or Columbia after any of the past human rights leaders or presidents of America? [/size]

Shattap dia! Were Zik and Murtala aeroplane engineers to have airports named after them? What an Imp!
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by PapaBrowne(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2012
As if Harvard, Yale and Columbia are Government Universities>
Fill yourself with knowledge before posting. Google is free.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by ifeci: 9:11pm On May 30, 2012
@orikinla

Please get your facts right cos the last I checked his biography, MKO worked as an accountant at Unilag.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by onyengbu: 9:14pm On May 30, 2012
edicolove: Again, the joke is on ya'll. You call someone daft, yet he keeps outwitting you and coming out tops everytime. He has dispelled every discent and keeps forging on and you still think you are smarter. The smart MAU students will go home, stay for six montha and come back and answer the name.

In any conflict, the first law of engagement is "never underestimate your foe". You lot keep breaking this rule to your own peril. You keep underestimating GEJ and calling him names. Yet he keeps threading paths his predecessors avoided like a plague: electoral reform, FOI bill, official secrets act, fuel subsidy removal, PHCN privatisation and now MAU. Yet you keep saying he is daft.

It reminds me of the story of the Chicken and the Duck. The mother hawk sent her children to get food. They caught a little duckling and brought it back to mother hawk. Mother hawk asked them, "what did the mother duck say?" They said, "she said nothing". So mother hawk asked them to return the duckling. Then they went and caught a little chick and brought her to mother hawk. Mother asked again, "what did the mother chicken say?" They said, "she was shouting and swearing and cursing". So she said "good. Let's eat. The mother chicken has done her worst".

The lesson of the story! Continue to call GEJ daft to your peril! Fingers crossed!
I tot I was the only one who noticed that!
The same way they were shouting from the beginning that he is weak, that he should tackle the cabal and turai and take what belongs to him by force. Yet the guy just stay for corner de laff them having known exactly how the whole script will play out and we all saw what happened.
Then came Atiku and IBB and he silently silenced the duo (FOR GOOD IF YOU ASK ME).
Subsidy came and he did it his own way again.

THAT GUY (GEJ) MIGHT BE MANY THINGS BUT DEFINITELY NOT DAFT. WE SHALL ALL SEE!

wesley80:

Shattap dia! Were Zik and Murtala aeroplane engineers to have airports named after them? What an Imp!
looooooooooool grin
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 9:16pm On May 30, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

I tot I was the only one who noticed that!
The same way they were shouting from the beginning that he is weak, that he should tackle the cabal and turai and take what belongs to him by force. Yet the guy just stay for corner de laff them having known exactly how the whole script will play out and we all saw what happened.
Then came Atiku and IBB and he silently silenced the duo (FOR GOOD IF YOU ASK ME).
Subsidy came and he did it his own way again.

THAT GUY (GEJ) MIGHT BE MANY THINGS BUT DEFINITELY NOT DAFT. WE SHALL ALL SEE!

looooooooooool grin

grin grin grin
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by emmatok(m): 9:20pm On May 30, 2012
PapaBrowne: Most South Westerners, young and old likewise are criticizing the renaming of UNILAG. I personally don't like the change in name. First because MAU just doesn't sound right. Secondly, I really don't know why but it just isn't cool.
However, I'm surprised at the reaction of South Westerners especially because they made everyone believe MKO was their hero.

Imagine if University of Nigeria Nnsukka were renamed after OJUKWU, I don't think it would generate all the negativity.

You are very mischievous, the renaming in OAU,ABU, AND UNIZIK also brought controversy and protest.

Do you know Nnamdi Azikiwe rejected the renaming of UNN?

The people are not fighting MKO but your Tribal Leader GEJ.

Everyone including you know that this is a political move.

We watching and waiting to see how things unfold.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 9:28pm On May 30, 2012
PapaBrowne: As if Harvard, Yale and Columbia are Government Universities>
Fill yourself with knowledge before posting. Google is free.

grin
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by PapaBrowne(m): 9:30pm On May 30, 2012
emmatok:

You are very mischievous, the renaming in OAU,ABU, AND UNIZIK also brought controversy and protest.

You watchers and waiters have been watching and waiting since Adam and Eve. The best answer I would give to you is this very brilliant analogy below by edicolove.
edicolove: Again, the joke is on ya'll. You call someone daft, yet he keeps outwitting you and coming out tops everytime. He has dispelled every discent and keeps forging on and you still think you are smarter. The smart MAU students will go home, stay for six montha and come back and answer the name.

In any conflict, the first law of engagement is "never underestimate your foe". You lot keep breaking this rule to your own peril. You keep underestimating GEJ and calling him names. Yet he keeps threading paths his predecessors avoided like a plague: electoral reform, FOI bill, official secrets act, fuel subsidy removal, PHCN privatisation and now MAU. Yet you keep saying he is daft.

It reminds me of the story of the Chicken and the Duck. The mother hawk sent her children to get food. They caught a little duckling and brought it back to mother hawk. Mother hawk asked them, "what did the mother duck say?" They said, "she said nothing". So mother hawk asked them to return the duckling. Then they went and caught a little chick and brought her to mother hawk. Mother asked again, "what did the mother chicken say?" They said, "she was shouting and swearing and cursing". So she said "good. Let's eat. The mother chicken has done her worst".

The lesson of the story! Continue to call GEJ daft to your peril! Fingers crossed!
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by vodkat: 9:36pm On May 30, 2012
GEJ needs to sack his advisers cos this was a dumb move. Awolowo is more revered than MKO, u see AWO was the main man behind building IFE and what a feat he did with the structures in the university are world class at least 20 years ago. Lagosians/Akokites DO NOT want the name of our institution to bare any bodys name. This 'gift' is not appreciated thank you. Not that we dont like MKO but find something else like hostel, hey national theatre is there,national stadium surulere is there, Local airport is there but not our instiution how difficult is that.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 9:54pm On May 30, 2012
PapaBrowne:

You watchers and waiters have been watching and waiting since Adam and Eve. The best answer I would give to you is this very brilliant analogy below by edicolove.

wink
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by rman: 10:05pm On May 30, 2012
A particular man named Goodluck Jonathan came into power and he has successfuly divided Nigeria along ethnic line more than any other president in Nigeria's history.
As terrible as the military rulers, OBJ and Yaradua was, they still managed to carry all regions/ethnics along.
Those supporting GEJ blindly because he is from their tribe/region and feels to hell with whatever others feel or think,
Will soon get all they asked for.
IT IS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.

2 Likes

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by aljharem(m): 10:19pm On May 30, 2012
rman: A particular man named Goodluck Jonathan came into power and he has successfuly divided Nigeria along ethnic line more than any other president in Nigeria's history.
As terrible as the military rulers, OBJ and Yaradua was, they still managed to carry all regions/ethnics along.
Those supporting GEJ blindly because he is from their tribe/region and feels to hell with whatever others feel or think,

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 10:22pm On May 30, 2012
rman: A particular man named Goodluck Jonathan came into power and he has successfuly divided Nigeria along ethnic line more than any other president in Nigeria's history.

Really.... tongue
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Kobojunkie: 10:23pm On May 30, 2012
dayokanu: [size=14pt]The struggle was for democracy and justice not for the man Abiola

If the winner of the annulled election had been Audu, Ajayi or Okonkwo the reaction would have been the same
[/size]
Similar to the reaction we got when Turai domesticated Retardeen jonathan and refused to hand over to him

People went out to fight for Jonathan regardless of which part of the country he came from

Tears of joy welling up . . . matter of fact, choking me sef!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thank God there are those out there who went out on that day knowing full well that the struggle WAS NOT for Abiola but for Nigeria and the right of the people to vote who ever they want.
Imagine some ninnies trying to re-write history today just so they can claim some brownie point with a dead man, who probably dug his own grave to begin with. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 10:28pm On May 30, 2012
HMMM......
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by AjoMmuo: 11:23pm On May 30, 2012
I have read through most of the argument for and against the renaming of UNILAG.... Someone did go through the trouble of stratifying the debaters, though I believe there are more groups to be included. That said, there is just one constant theme running through the various groupings: Self-interest. Some prefer the new name, others do not. UNILAG is a federal university and if the President has the power and the backing of the law of the land to rename it then his action is legal. But I am not sure about the legality of this action. I leave that to the experts in the field.

But having legal backing does not mean it is the right thing to do. Thus, my personal preference will be to let UNILAG be UNILAG and name another monument to immortalize MKO. Like someone pointed out, name one of the new six Federal Universities after MKO; that is if it has to be a university named after him-it doesn't have to be though. Remember this is my preference. GEJ thought otherwise and we can disagree with him respectfully. This whole idea of hurling insults at the President at any given opportunity is not the best way to register our collective disenchantment with his style. Maybe, he failed to consult widely before renaming UNILAG. Maybe, he played politics with it. Maybe, he had good intention-good intention could have unintended consequence. Be that as it may, if you disagree with the President because you believe it is illegal and/or unconstitutional challenge this pronouncement in a law court. If it is within his power to rename federal institutions and you disagree based on your preferences, you are within your rights to demonstrate peacefully and pile pressure on the federal government to rescind this pronouncement in a respectful and peaceful manner. Do remember this is only your preference.

If the majority of the people prefer UNILAG to MAU, and register that much peacefully, a listening government will reverse itself....
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by dayokanu(m): 11:52pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Tears of joy welling up . . . matter of fact, choking me sef!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thank God there are those out there who went out on that day knowing full well that the struggle WAS NOT for Abiola but for Nigeria and the right of the people to vote who ever they want.
Imagine some ninnies trying to re-write history today just so they can claim some brownie point with a dead man, who probably dug his own grave to begin with. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Most of those arguing contrary are folks who are either too daft to know or teenagers

in 1995 There were protest all over the SW and my sch OAU was closed down due to Ken Saro Wiwa riots. Most of the students and protesters didnt even know who Saro-Wiwa was until he was arrested yet everyone took to the street to protest the injustice behind the killing

But typical of the m0r0ns on this forum who thought the protest were for MKO rather than for democracy.

One reetardd even argued that a man can be bigger than democracy
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 11:57pm On May 30, 2012
emmatok:

I really detest the tactic of introducing ethnicity into national politics by ACN. It is extremely barbaric and counterproductive, 80% of the ACN supporters on NL come across as fools because of it.

I blame INEC for allowing mushroom parties to register.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by tpia5: 12:03am On May 31, 2012
People went out to fight for Jonathan regardless of which part of the country he came from

its usually yorubas singing these kumbaya songs.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by tpia5: 12:03am On May 31, 2012
why couldnt he name this university in his hometown, abiola university?:

http://www.fuotuoke.edu.ng/
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 12:05am On May 31, 2012
Ajo Mmuo: I have read through most of the argument for and against the renaming of UNILAG.... Someone did go through the trouble of stratifying the debaters, though I believe there are more groups to be included. That said, there is just one constant theme running through the various groupings: Self-interest. Some prefer the new name, others do not. UNILAG is a federal university and if the President has the power and the backing of the law of the land to rename it then his action is legal. But I am not sure about the legality of this action. I leave that to the experts in the field.

But having legal backing does not mean it is the right thing to do. Thus, my personal preference will be to let UNILAG be UNILAG and name another monument to immortalize MKO. Like someone pointed out, name one of the new six Federal Universities after MKO; that is if it has to be a university named after him-it doesn't have to be though. Remember this is my preference. GEJ thought otherwise and we can disagree with him respectfully. This whole idea of hurling insults at the President at any given opportunity is not the best way to register our collective disenchantment with his style. Maybe, he failed to consult widely before renaming UNILAG. Maybe, he played politics with it. Maybe, he had good intention-good intention could have unintended consequence. Be that as it may, if you disagree with the President because you believe it is illegal and/or unconstitutional challenge this pronouncement in a law court. If it is within his power to rename federal institutions and you disagree based on your preferences, you are within your rights to demonstrate peacefully and pile pressure on the federal government to rescind this pronouncement in a respectful and peaceful manner. Do remember this is only your preference.

If the majority of the people prefer UNILAG to MAU, and register that much peacefully, a listening government will reverse itself....

I don't see how GEJ will ever reverse his position.
The ACN leaders would simply turn it into an insult fest, everybody knows that ACN's politics is all about insults and creating ethnic issues.

So long as the renaming is legal, there is nothing that can be done.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 12:07am On May 31, 2012
tpia@:
why couldnt he name this university in his hometown, abiola university?:

http://www.fuotuoke.edu.ng/

What has the Presidents hometown got to do with the matter?
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 12:09am On May 31, 2012
tpia@:

its usually yorubas singing these kumbaya songs.

Nobody gives a damn about the ethnicies of responsible Nigerians. If all you see is ethnic group, then you have a serious problem.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 12:13am On May 31, 2012

This is daft. GEJ belongs to PDP whicj cuts across ethnic lines, while I am 100% certain that you belong to ACN, which is at best a Nazi party that is fuelled by ethnic bigotry. Look in the mirror and you will see a fascist.

Phuck ACN, and phuck small minded, ethnically bigoted types like you.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On May 31, 2012
Beaf:

This is daft. GEJ belongs to PDP whicj cuts across ethnic lines, while I am 100% certain that you belong to ACN, which is at best a Nazi party that is fuelled by ethnic bigotry. Look in the mirror and you will see a fascist.

Phuck ACN, and phuck small minded, ethnically bigoted types like you.

Efrebor, efrebor you go wound ooo

No bust vein oo. The consensus is that retardeen is a failure, everyone who voted him now regrets but like most M0r0ns, They would claim its an ACN issue when no official figure from ACN has even spoken for or against it
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Kobojunkie: 12:25am On May 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Most of those arguing contrary are folks who are either too daft to know or teenagers

in 1995 There were protest all over the SW and my sch OAU was closed down due to Ken Saro Wiwa riots. Most of the students and protesters didnt even know who Saro-Wiwa was until he was arrested yet everyone took to the street to protest the injustice behind the killing

But typical of the m0r0ns on this forum who thought the protest were for MKO rather than for democracy.

One reetardd even argued that a man can be bigger than democracy

Thank you!!!
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 12:26am On May 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Efrebor, efrebor you go wound ooo

No bust vein oo. The consensus is that retardeen is a failure, everyone who voted him now regrets but like most M0r0ns, They would claim its an ACN issue when no official figure from ACN has even spoken for or against it

Mr ACN, why don't you go discuss with alj haram who is in the same mental bracket as you?
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by dayokanu(m): 12:29am On May 31, 2012
Beaf:

Mr ACN, why don't you go discuss with alj haram who is in the same mental bracket as you?

Bros Shey dis ACN dey gree you sleep so? Cos when all the familiar spirits and mammywater for your side begin chase you, You go blame ACN

So Alj Harem even schooled you?, Just like we saw oyb and ektbear take you to the cleaners?

How does it feel to be the whipping boy of the forum? No common sense at all always getting one shellacking after the other
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 12:39am On May 31, 2012
dayokanu:

Bros Shey dis ACN dey gree you sleep so? Cos when all the familiar spirits and mammywater for your side begin chase you, You go blame ACN

So Alj Harem even schooled you?, Just like we saw oyb and ektbear take you to the cleaners?

How does it feel to be the whipping boy of the forum? No common sense at all always getting one shellacking after the other

Na force? shocked
Go and discuss with those in your mental group like alj haram. I don't have time to stoop.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by koruji(m): 12:40am On May 31, 2012
What you are seeing is not what your provocative title suggests.

What you are seeing in the protests can be described as the "curse of the familiar". A large number of people have an attachement to the name "University of Lagos", and it is inconsiderate of the president to rename it without consultation, even the VC did not know about it - we are not running a military government here. The same cannot be said about places like an airport - few people, especially those who rarely use it, have attachments to the name on an airport carries. Not the same for a university.

Besides, SW'ers do not all sleep with their heads in the same direction. The variety of opinion is a mark of SW'ers. So, because some people protested does not immediately lead to your jump-the-gun conclusion about "Most SW'ers".

I personally have no opinion on the change of name. I do have doubts about President GEJ's motive, but that is based on his behavior over the last few months. He, like his predecessors, are only after political gain - unfortunately this gesture doesn't do him any real favors in the SW - away with token gestures while you deliver "Coastal Patrol" to your ex-kinsman militants. It is this kind of behavior that reveals where the man is headed - a brutal dictator if Nigerians don't hold him to account each and every day.

Finally, you said MAU doesn't sound good - well that is only temporary, it is new. I recall that many of then students of OAU did not like the renaming of University of Ife to OAU, but what do you know, that name is now carried proudly everywhere as in "Oba Awon University" grin grin grin

I foresee the students of MAU carrying this university name with pride as in "Mother of All Universities" a few years hence. Meanwhile, please stop casting aspersions on ethnic nationalities as if your ethnic group is any better.

PapaBrowne: Most South Westerners, young and old likewise are criticizing the renaming of UNILAG. I personally don't like the change in name. First because MAU just doesn't sound right. Secondly, I really don't know why but it just isn't cool.
However, I'm surprised at the reaction of South Westerners especially because they made everyone believe MKO was their hero.

Imagine if University of Nigeria Nnsukka were renamed after OJUKWU, I don't think it would generate all the negativity.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by dayokanu(m): 12:42am On May 31, 2012
Beaf:

Na force? shocked
Go and discuss with those in your mental group like alj haram. I don't have time to stoop.

So alj even stepped up beyond your level? So who is left for you to play with now?

Maybe Wesley80 or wereleri might have the same negative integer IQ as you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan: Silence Is No More Golden By Abiodun Ladepo / Twin Bomb Blast Hit Adamawa Market / 15 Die As Suicide Bombers Attack Konduga Community In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.