Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,193 members, 7,891,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516146 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
Pls house I need an ans to this: am going to a flight school in canada, tuition fees is $46k and the duration is 1yr. How much do you think the embassy will tell me to pay if they are going to give me a condition and am also thinking of changing school, can I go and pay to the school I want to change to and get a new acceptance letter and a receipt of payment or I should not try it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2012
earthgreeners: Anyone for Fall 2013...make we relate ooo.....cos 2013 is less dan 3months from now....
Im kinda looking like an audience here, bein on dis thread for up to 7months...

May God continue to guide and protect us

@Jesus4all, am so pissed off right now, cos it's like the first time i heard about this. The Lord is your strength, dont give-up.

I am so scared right now, did my medicals on 15th, i pray all works out well.

Stay Bless @All
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
This analysis sounds believable. My question - If the banks do not disclose customer balance due to privacy issues, how then can the CDHC deny someone trv after medicals & payment of one year tuition on the basis of not having funds for living expenses without working in canada? How would they have arrived at that conclusion?
newacca: In some cases,CDHC give medical calls before verifying and assessing the financial capability of study visa application. Since they have loads of application to attend to and when applicant has satisfied other requirements like Academic history,criminal background, correspondence from proposed school;they may give out medicals and continue with verification of other doxs and if there is any short comings in the field,such person may be denied visa on d reason dat such person has insufficient fund.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
Don Cipher: This analysis sounds believable. My question - If the banks do not disclose customer balance due to privacy issues, how then can the CDHC deny someone trv after medicals & payment of one year tuition on the basis of not having funds for living expenses without working in canada? How would they have arrived at that conclusion?

Don Cipher, my point exactly! Pls house any ideas/answers to Don Cipher's question above?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jesus4all: 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ALL, I WANT U ALL TO REMAIN FOCUS, I MEAN DON'T USE MY CHALENGE TO JUDGE D OUTCOME OF UR OWN APPLICATN. KEEP UR FAITH DON'T ALLOW FEAR. I WIL SURELY ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTN BUT NT NOW. MAYBE By NXT WEEK(bare with me). My sponsor is a professor, my uncle and a permanet resident(like USA GREENCARD) of canada. Am going 4 grad coop program. Stay bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2012
Well, this is tasking to decipher. I believe it boils down to the nature of the account. CDHC would have taken time to understand the inflow/outflow of transactions. Even if they got access to the balance...the cash flow could have bn their deciding factor. My thoughts though.
Invincible1:

Don Cipher, my point exactly! Pls house any ideas/answers to Don Cipher's question above?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
@Jesus4all...I just can't comprehend what went wrong if you did satisfy CDHC with the instructions. Something tells me it has to do with relationship with sponsor. It's not over until it's over. Pls apply for dvlottery before the last day. God Bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2012
I think it shows how money could be readily available to the applicant. Not just an idle account that is not active.
AugustApplicant:

Joe980: can you explain this cash flow thing and how it affects outcome of Visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by iluminati: 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
I work in head office of Zenith Bank and I can attest to you that all Embassy always come to us for confirmation. They are aware Nigerians pay in money into account and print statement and submot for visa but latter go and withdraw d whole money after submission so they always confirm the present balance, account name, and the account number. We do not hide anything from them cos you have already reveal ur account to them so there is nothing to hide again. If we refuse to confirm it for them, they will deny our customer visa and thats what anybank dont like. So better submit good bank statement and leave d money cos from my experience as a staff, most of the account we confirm for them has huge amount but at the time of confirmation most sponsors has withdraw so much from d account so thats why most people loose their visa due to insufficient fund but u will be wondering there was money in ur account not knowing thet make decision on the current balance not the one on the statement of account cos the bank statement is just an authority from u to them and us to confirm. If u have more questions ask me. I was opportune to ask d confirmation agents of the embassy how much is ok for post graduate diploma or master applicant who has paid complete tuition fee and thet said 1.8 is very ok. Pls let no one decieve u ooh. We confirm all the details of the account. Nothing like privacy cos u have expose ur privacy already by giving them ur account. So Jesus4all maybe ur sponsor don withdraw d money take buy land for canada. Ask him cos for d embassy to complain about funds it means dey confirmed d account finally but unfortunately for you. Enjoys. Life's good. LG.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2012
iluminati: I work in head office of Zenith Bank and I can attest to you that all Embassy always come to us for confirmation. They are aware Nigerians pay in money into account and print statement and submot for visa but latter go and withdraw d whole money after submission so they always confirm the present balance, account name, and the account number. We do not hide anything from them cos you have already reveal ur account to them so there is nothing to hide again. If we refuse to confirm it for them, they will deny our customer visa and thats what anybank dont like. So better submit good bank statement and leave d money cos from my experience as a staff, most of the account we confirm for them has huge amount but at the time of confirmation most sponsors has withdraw so much from d account so thats why most people loose their visa due to insufficient fund but u will be wondering there was money in ur account not knowing thet make decision on the current balance not the one on the statement of account cos the bank statement is just an authority from u to them and us to confirm. If u have more questions ask me. I was opportune to ask d confirmation agents of the embassy how much is ok for post graduate diploma or master applicant who has paid complete tuition fee and thet said 1.8 is very ok. Pls let no one decieve u ooh. We confirm all the details of the account. Nothing like privacy cos u have expose ur privacy already by giving them ur account. So Jesus4all maybe ur sponsor don withdraw d money take buy land for canada. Ask him cos for d embassy to complain about funds it means dey confirmed d account finally but unfortunately for you. Enjoys. Life's good. LG.

To add to what u just said .. The embassy for sure doesn't xpect one to leave the money u tendered as balance in the bank statement till one gets the visa! Of course they know one might require cash for daily upkeep while xpecting his/her visa, so one can withdraw funds and do whatsoever the person wants to use it for BUT not withdrawing so much that the account becomes RED i.e Insufficient funds for a like a month or two.. Like we know the embassy is much more interested in the inflow and outflow of cash in the account . And truly I admit the fact that they verify the present balance in the account asides the month u submitted the month end statement of account as at when applying cos I work in a bank too... So whenever and whoever is sponsoring gives u his statement of account please advice the person to please help in reducing the way he or she withdraws funds and not depositing such funds back or better still if the person is someone close to you.. You can always tell the person to pay u a check in your name in huge sum to withdraw money from the account cos obviously the bank would state Mr/Miss A collected cash @ a particular date. So when the embassy are doing the necessary checks on the account they would see on the statement of account that you actually get funds from ur sponsor regularly... Cos a comprehensive bank statement would state who and who has been debitting and crediting such account..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2012
yungokus:

To add to what u just said .. The embassy for sure doesn't xpect one to leave the money u tendered as balance in the bank statement till one gets the visa! Of course they know one might require cash for daily upkeep while xpecting his/her visa, so one can withdraw funds and do whatsoever the person wants to use it for BUT not withdrawing so much that the account becomes RED i.e Insufficient funds for a like a month or two.. Like we know the embassy is much more interested in the inflow and outflow of cash in the account . And truly I admit the fact that they verify the present balance in the account asides the month u submitted the month end statement of account as at when applying cos I work in a bank too... So whenever and whoever is sponsoring gives u his statement of account please advice the person to please help in reducing the way he or she withdraws funds and not depositing such funds back or better still if the person is someone close to you.. You can always tell the person to pay u a check in your name in huge sum to withdraw money from the account cos obviously the bank would state Mr/Miss A collected cash @ a particular date. So when the embassy are doing the necessary checks on the account they would see on the statement of account that you actually get funds from ur sponsor regularly... Cos a comprehensive bank statement would state who and who has been debitting and crediting such account..

Na wah ooo. Olorun a kowa Mose ! Almighty God wil guide us to do it rightly !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2012
Well, I work in a bank too and I asked a friend dt works in d confirmatn unit( I and A) after my denial based on insufficient funds, he said dt wat they confirm 2 d embassy is d authenticity of d bank statement submitted.

wit these ur input, I don't know wat 2 believe again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 6:07am On Oct 18, 2012
I think they verify the balance....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:20am On Oct 18, 2012
Joe980: @Jesus4all...I just can't comprehend what went wrong if you did satisfy CDHC with the instructions. Something tells me it has to do with relationship with sponsor. It's not over until it's over. Pls apply for dvlottery before the last day. God Bless!

Dats wat I also feel is d iSsue, his relationship wit his sponsor. If we knew how much his tuition was and wat d account statement read, then we'd bcloser to knowin wat went wrong. Anyways, we'd wait till next week when JEsus4all is a lot beta. I feel for him o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:51am On Oct 18, 2012
yungokus:

I have to disagree with you on that. When you applied for student visa and supplied bank statement showing amount that covers your school fees and your expenses in Canada, you do not touch that money after submitting your application only if you have more than required in that account.

That money is purely for your school fees and your up keep in Canada, when you start withdrawing the money even before the visa is issued it means that you are not prepared financially to study in Canada.

And again...its misleading because the amount that shows in your bank statement is not what you have in your bank account when the embassy calls to verify.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:51am On Oct 18, 2012
iluminati: I was opportune to ask d confirmation agents of the embassy how much is ok for post graduate diploma or master applicant who has paid complete tuition fee and thet said 1.8 is very ok.
By ur statement, were u refering to Canadian embassy agents? This further points to a post from @newacca ystday abt time of acct verificatn; does that mean CDHC confirms bank balance after tuition payment, which usually cums wit med call? What abt those denied 4 insufficient funds witout getting a med call? That wuld mean CDHC checks once if tuition was paid b4 submitn or twice (b4 &after med call & payment) to determine funds for living expenses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:21am On Oct 18, 2012
@all,
as at d time of submision,i submited 3 bank statements.UBA(dad salary account)5.2mill,first bank-800k,Access bank-175k.all these statements have nice flows.my point now is dat having submited my doxs with these bank statements,my dad withdrew 4.8m frm UBA account and invested it on business.later he withdrew anoda 400k to buy shares.later no amount was in d Uba account even as at d date of medical call though he didnt tourch a dine in first and access acct.frm this point nw i belief d authencity of bank statement is d utmost importance and d balance as at d time of submision.no bank i stand can disclose ur present balance to third party but note the embasy wud scan d statement to d bank head ofice to crosscheck if itz issued from them and wether itz genuine.emb knws its not possible to leave dat huge amount in account 4 dat long period.they knw d money could be used for busines purpose in order to yield profit.what they are after is reliability of ur sponsor and sources of funds.am a living witness to dis and some few friends of mine.IN GOD WE TRUST

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:32am On Oct 18, 2012
@spencer, how many sponsors do you think is ideal cos now I'm thinkiNg I should have made ma dad also a co sponsor with 1.5M statement
Don't forget I have two sponsors already....Mum and brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2012
spencer3705: @all,
as at d time of submision,i submited 3 bank statements.UBA(dad salary account)5.2mill,first bank-800k,Access bank-175k.all these statements have nice flows.my point now is dat having submited my doxs with these bank statements,my dad withdrew 4.8m frm UBA account and invested it on business.later he withdrew anoda 400k to buy shares.later no amount was in d Uba account even as at d date of medical call though he didnt tourch a dine in first and access acct.frm this point nw i belief d authencity of bank statement is d utmost importance and d balance as at d time of submision.[b]no bank i stand can disclose ur present balance to third party but note the embasy wud scan d statement to d bank head ofice to crosscheck if itz issued from them and wether itz genuine.emb knws its not possible to leave dat huge amount in account 4 dat long period.they knw d money could be used for busines purpose in order to yield profit.what they are after is reliability of ur sponsor and sources of funds.[/b]am a living witness to dis and some few friends of mine.IN GOD WE TRUST

That again is not true, the embassy is not only verifying the authenticity of your account, they also verifying to know if the amount shown in your bank statement is actually available in your bank account. They have the right to know that because they know that many withdraw the money after submitting their application.

Yes the embassy expect you to have that money until the visa is out and also take that money to Canada because that was what you claimed the money is for.

If your Daddy withdraws the money and invest in business and the business failed what happen?

You have given the embassy every details about your bank account, the bank will definitely corporate with the embassy because you have given the embassy your details willingly and signed it. If the bank refuses to corporate then the embassy will refuse you a visa, is as simple as that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 8:54am On Oct 18, 2012
lillaowow: @spencer, how many sponsors do you think is ideal cos now I'm thinkiNg I should have made ma dad also a co sponsor with 1.5M statement
Don't forget I have two sponsors already....Mum and brother.

One is the best.two sponsors is gud as well.three is getin to smfin else.confusion and incredibility tinz.but all na destiny and God and make sure u do ur assignment well.lillaowow,u don submit already and i pray God wud perfect tinz 4 u and tinz wud work out in ur favour
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2012
justwise:

That again is not true, the embassy is not only verifying the authenticity of your account, they also verifying to know if the amount shown in your bank statement is actually available in your bank account. They have the right to know that because they know that many withdraw the money after submitting their application.

Yes the embassy expect you to have that money until the visa is out and also take that money to Canada because that was what you claimed the money is for.

If your Daddy withdraws the money and invest in business and the business failed what happen?

You have given the embassy every details about your bank account, the bank will definitely corporate with the embassy because you have given the embassy your details willingly and signed it. If the bank refuses to corporate then the embassy will refuse you a visa, is as simple as that.

embasy has the right to verify bank statement by sending a copy of ones bank statement to d head ofice for verification bt they have no right and access to customer end balance...itz against bank rules and regulation.am sure of this.what they are after is d paper work aplicnt submited.a typical example if u operate a current account and u issue cheque to some1 to colect money from ur account,can dat person ask for ur account balance even though u concord to it to withdraw money frm ur account.same thing applies here.As simple as dat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2012
Anyone on Yahoomessanger...add moi..@lillaowow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2012
@gudgod
ao far abt ur aplication?keep aoz posted or call me plz.format tinz dn make me loose ur contact
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2012
Am enjoying the house. It's all about destiny! @Spencer, I do agree with you...@Justwise, I do agree with you too. I still believe in the inflow/outflow of cash, the identity of the owner, credibility and the source of income which has to be steady. As long as CDHC is yet to go the German way i.e deposting the tuition fee in a German account...then, we could always trade with what is in the account. We have seen people with #1.2M that got clearance, and those with #7M bal all through verification period bn denied. CDHC knows what they want.Na God with destiny they do am. God bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:27am On Oct 18, 2012
spencer3705:

embasy has the right to verify bank statement by sending a copy of ones bank statement to d head ofice for verification bt they have no right and access to customer end balance...itz against bank rules and regulation.am sure of this.what they are after is d paper work aplicnt submited.a typical example if u operate a current account and u issue cheque to some1 to colect money from ur account,can dat person ask for ur account balance even though u concord to it to withdraw money frm ur account.same thing applies here.As simple as dat.

The example you gave does not make sense, embassies are completely different from ordinary business partner, your business partner does not have the same right as the embassies.

The embassy has all sorts of ways to verify an account, they don't necessarily need to send a any copy, they can call the bank and ask needed questions or they may not even verify it at all.

They will not force your bank to confirm the authenticity and the current balance but if the bank refuses then you will be denied a visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Oct 18, 2012
Joe980: Am enjoying the house. It's all about destiny! @Spencer, I do agree with you...@Justwise, I do agree with you too. [b]I still believe in the inflow/outflow of cash, [/b]the identity of the owner, credibility and the source of income which has to be steady. As long has CDHC is yet to go the German way i.e deposting the tuition fee in a German account...then, we could always trade with what is in the account. We have seen people with #1.2M that got clearance, and those with #7M bal all through verification period bn denied. CDHC knows what they want.Na God with destiny they do am. God bless!

That matters most when it comes to visiting visa or business visa but when it comes to student visa....its a different ball game, its either you have the money in your account as claimed or you don't.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:39am On Oct 18, 2012
Thanks for clarifying...My view is from an applicant bn sponsored and not self sponsor though.
justwise:

That matters most when it comes to visiting visa or business visa but when it comes to student visa....its a different ball game, its either you have the money in your account as claimed or you don't.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2012
Joe980: Thanks for clarifying...My view is from an applicant bn sponsored and not self sponsor though.

I perfectly understand what you meant, but when it comes to student visa the rule is different. If your sponsor has more than enough in his account (fees and maintenance fees) then he can afford to withdraw money because that will not affect your school fees or expenses money in Canada, however, when you put money meant for your school fees and expenses only in an account and present that account for visa application then you do not withdraw that money

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.