Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,181 members, 7,890,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:19 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516122 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2012
spencer3705:

nice 1 bro.u might get luck with urz but i woudn't advice peepz not to pay full when they are asked to cos i know series of fwiends who paid above half and cdhc denied dem on d ground of insuficient fund witout working in canada..dats the fact.if u wana gamble wen asked to pay full tuition by paying half,u can go ahead bt not advisable..it takes the grace of God to get to payment stage and oportunity lost may not be regained and what is worth doing at all is worth doing well.ALL DA BEST.
like i said.......... do what is ryt, if u r asked to pay full tuition....pay full. i didnt choose not to pay. I wasnt able to pay all cos my bank Zenith insisted i pay only wat i was asked to pay by uni even after i showed them CDHC letter cos of money laundering bla bla bla. of course i backed these with letters etc. some people pay everything and get denied meaning d final say lies with God, so we stop speculating what goes on btw bank and CDHC. many people stuff their accounts, like i did and if u need to use the money as a matter of urgency, what can u do other than withdraw......though I wouldn't support withdrawing.....but everyones case n situation is different.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by franklynx(m): 9:59am On Oct 19, 2012
pls house, how long does the visa processing in the CDHC take..?? Can i still apply for SPRING(MAY)2013 admission by NOVEMBER 2012.??,cos the SPRING 2013 Semester starts MAY 2013.. pls reply ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2012
Take time to read through CDHC web. 4-6months is the duration depending on the documents you forwarded. Go ahead and apply if you are cool with the time.
franklynx: pls house, how long does the visa processing in the CDHC take..?? Can i still apply for SPRING(MAY)2013 admission by NOVEMBER 2012.??,cos the SPRING 2013 Semester starts MAY 2013.. pls reply ASAP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 10:17am On Oct 19, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: Pls let us stop all the bickering in the house. Always learn to accommodate other pple,s view no mater how stupid it sounds. Remember "In every nonsense there is a sense" goes the saying. What we shuld be praying for here is gudnews. Pls has any august applicant heard from CDHC? The waitin is getting boring and tensed. Let's be steadfast in prayer for it is the key. Wish u all success IJN

I don't think any august applicant has heard from CDHC on dis forum.. When did u submit your app?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 10:18am On Oct 19, 2012
genep: sad @Jesus4all God is your strength, same issue happened to someone before he deferred his admission and reapplied and got TRV without medicals in just one month,
for me I applied sept 7 to CDHC, at the same time got a full scholarship in France to study masters,I didnt have interest in france before but with Jesus4all issue I have change my mind,.......

Congratulations Oreajayi! i really pray that this is your TRV. This good news is so needed in the house right now.

Hi genep,pls is this kind of scholarship you got in France possible with/available to a 2:2(second class lower)grade?Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2012
Please how many are we that we submitted in August . So as to kip tabs on each odas oncoming success stories... I know of lutobi, lillaowow,rapuziaokwu,Augustapplicant.. Please who else submitted?.. Let's know ourselves as a guide to knowing whoeva brings in d first news.. God is sufficient for us all .. Its all our time.. Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2012
yungokus: Please how many are we that we submitted in August . So as to kip tabs on each odas oncoming success stories... I know of lutobi, lillaowow,rapuziaokwu,Augustapplicant.. Please who else submitted?.. Let's know ourselves as a guide to knowing whoeva brings in d first news.. God is sufficient for us all .. Its all our time.. Amen

Mine is early August also, I don tire jare.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Lutobi(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2012
efosa12345:
Mine is early August also, I don tire jare.

submitted 3rd august... still waiting ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by acca12: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2012
hello house,

i need your help ooooo, i am a self sponsor applicant, already paid half of my tuition. i have 3.5m in my account but the account was not run properly, will like to know if i can do a fixed deposit and present that instead of statement of account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 11:13am On Oct 19, 2012
Lutobi and i submitted on the same day... 3rd of august. Soon good news will start coming for applicants that submitted in august. Keep praying.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Adedavola: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2012
yungokus: Please how many are we that we submitted in August . So as to kip tabs on each odas oncoming success stories... I know of lutobi, lillaowow,rapuziaokwu,Augustapplicant.. Please who else submitted?.. Let's know ourselves as a guide to knowing whoeva brings in d first news.. God is sufficient for us all .. Its all our time.. Amen

i submitted i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ august
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2012
slamdunk99: like i said.......... do what is ryt, if u r asked to pay full tuition....pay full. i didnt choose not to pay. I wasnt able to pay all cos my bank Zenith insisted i pay only wat i was asked to pay by uni even after i showed them CDHC letter cos of money laundering bla bla bla. of course i backed these with letters etc. some people pay everything and get denied meaning d final say lies with God, so we stop speculating what goes on btw bank and CDHC. many people stuff their accounts, like i did and if u need to use the money as a matter of urgency, what can u do other than withdraw......though I wouldn't support withdrawing.....but everyones case n situation is different.

ignorance of law is not an excuse.thank God u scale through.i understand ur point very well abt the issue of money laundring bla bla cos av passed tru dis stage.d fact remains dat d maximum u can transfer is 5kdollars with 2 percent charges on it.if u wana transfer 10k dat means u split by sending it twice.it goes like dat.people have been sending 15k dolls without coming up wit bank restriction like ur case.d bank is aware dat d money is for ur tuition and is meant 4 a real purpose.in my own opinion,i doubt ur point and i can stand dat u were unable 2 pay full cos u cudnt meet up due to certain reason best known to u.guys please dnt buy dis idea by teling cdhc money laundring of a tin cos dat wudnt solve isue.if u plead dis and some1 comes up by payin 13k full tuition receipt and tenders it to cdhc,havent u implic8td ursef already? "A word is enof 4 d wise"

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2012
spencer3705:

ignorance of law is not an excuse.thank God u scale through.i understand ur point very well abt the issue of money laundring bla bla cos av passed tru dis stage.d fact remains dat d maximum u can transfer is 5kdollars with 2 percent charges on it.if u wana transfer 10k dat means u split by sending it twice.it goes like dat.people have been sending 15k dolls without coming up wit bank restriction like ur case.d bank is aware dat d money is for ur tuition and is meant 4 a real purpose.in my own opinion,i doubt ur point and i can stand dat u were unable 2 pay full cos u cudnt meet up due to certain reason best known to u.guys please dnt buy dis idea by teling cdhc money laundring of a tin cos dat wudnt solve isue.if u plead dis and some1 comes up by payin 13k full tuition receipt and tenders it to cdhc,havent u implic8td ursef already? "A word is enof 4 d wise"

i dont think @slamdunk99 has done anytin wrong by explaining his own case
for whatever reason he has it worked for him
lets lay off argument

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2012
Bruv...they are both on point. Pick what pleases you. CDHC is there as the judge. Shikena.
ritze:

lets lay off argument

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2012
Joe980: Bruv...they are both on point. Pick what pleases you. CDHC is there as the judge. Shikena.
How does your opinion differ from mine?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2012
Mr President...I am loyal to your kingdom. Don't get me twisted. ''Pick what pleases you'' is directed to we applicants...not you.
ritze:
How does your opinion differ from mine?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
An august applicant is here....submitted 27th of august. Got to CDHC on the 28th....

CDHC is not predictable no matter how much we try. Seems to me they just do what pleases them.

Well, we shall soon be hearing good news.

But, e no easy oooo. Na wah for CDHC ooo.... Dem fit give person HBP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
ritze:

lets lay off argument

Regards
thanks.....so much. I didn't tell my story to advice anyone to cut corners (God knows I didn't like some people insinuate). I only told it to let u guys know that a VO can deny someone visa just becos his/her sister had an argument with an immigrant back home, or is having a bad day etc i.e. its a very subjective process that cant be appealed against......will say it again, DO THE RYT THING n leave the rest to GOD.......God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by oreajayi: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
All glory to God. Trv issued today.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
oreajayi: All glory to God. Trv issued today.
congratz bruv

@slamdunk99
its well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
9ice1 Congrats...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by acca12: 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
hello house,

i need your help ooooo, i am a self sponsor applicant, already paid half of my tuition. i have 3.5m in my account but the account was not run properly, will like to know if i can do a fixed deposit and present that instead of statement of account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2012

Congrat! am happy for you'oo, which school are you heading to, how long did ur documents use after medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
quote author=ritze]

lets lay off argument

Regards[/quote]

please point out d argument here now?just dat u are nt a good decoder.lol.slamdunk undastands my point and dnt chuck mouth in what u dnt undastand.peace!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2012

cöngrat bro..whch school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Joe980: Bruv...they are both on point. Pick what pleases you. CDHC is there as the judge. Shikena.

thanks bro....many people are figure head on this forum...they wnt embrace d fact until they are misguilded.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lokzie: 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
I really think i should clarify this. i don't TOTALLY agree with Spencer and slamdunk, and i hope i am allowed to. i will do this in a civil way.

Background: Invisible transfer: normal transfer any customer makes to any beneficiary without disclosing the full details of the transfer
Visible transfer: transfers for payment of invoiced goods and services - You can use a FORM A (for school fees) or form M (for payment of imports and all)

We are concerned with School fees so i will explain how and when we can use either of invisible or visible transfers for this but first, There is an existing CBN circular that limits weekly internation funds transfers to USD10,000 per individuals and states that any cash lodgement of >= USD10,000 can only be withdrawn by OTC (over the counter) transactions. ie. once i pay in USD10,000 CASH or more through ONE deposit slip, i cannot transfer that particular fund, i must withdraw it over the counter. ways around this is by breaking the payments into parts not exceeding USD9,999.99 each but please note even with this you can only transfer a maximum of USD10,000/week.This means that if you must do it this way and you want to pay say USD15,000 then week 1 transfer USD10,000 and after that week you can do the next. Week in the case means Mon-Fri so you can transfer on firday like today and then on monday next week.

Form A (visible transfer) you need to fill out a form A @ your bank and provide the invoice/ bill the school gave you for your fees, if you are an undergrad, provide the bank with you O'levels, postgrad a copy of your undergrad- These are CBN policies and any bank that circumvents this would be penalized if CBN detects this.

My conclusions: CBN policy doesn't hinder anyone from paying school fees even if it is USD75,000 for Harvard MBA. Also, the weekly limit was relaxed recently but the Banks have to get approval from CBN for pre-listed customer's who require weekly transfers over USD10,000.

Note: if the lodgement into an account is an inflow (wire transfer) you can transfer any amount even with an Invisible transfer means.

Cheers
spencer3705:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2012

grin Congratulations! Happy for you bruv!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lokzie: 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2012
Congrats Bro
Cheers

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by spencer3705(m): 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
lokzie: I really think i should clarify this. i don't TOTALLY agree with Spencer and slamdunk, and i hope i am allowed to. i will do this in a civil way.

Background: Invisible transfer: normal transfer any customer makes to any beneficiary without disclosing the full details of the transfer
Visible transfer: transfers for payment of invoiced goods and services - You can use a FORM A (for school fees) or form M (for payment of imports and all)

We are concerned with School fees so i will explain how and when we can use either of invisible or visible transfers for this but first, There is an existing CBN circular that limits weekly internation funds transfers to USD10,000 per individuals and states that any cash lodgement of >= USD10,000 can only be withdrawn by OTC (over the counter) transactions. ie. once i pay in USD10,000 CASH or more through ONE deposit slip, i cannot transfer that particular fund, i must withdraw it over the counter. ways around this is by breaking the payments into parts not exceeding USD9,999.99 each but please note even with this you can only transfer a maximum of USD10,000/week.This means that if you must do it this way and you want to pay say USD15,000 then week 1 transfer USD10,000 and after that week you can do the next. Week in the case means Mon-Fri so you can transfer on firday like today and then on monday next week.

Form A (visible transfer) you need to fill out a form A @ your bank and provide the invoice/ bill the school gave you for your fees, if you are an undergrad, provide the bank with you O'levels, postgrad a copy of your undergrad- These are CBN policies and any bank that circumvents this would be penalized if CBN detects this.

My conclusions: CBN policy doesn't hinder anyone from paying school fees even if it is USD75,000 for Harvard MBA. Also, the weekly limit was relaxed recently but the Banks have to get approval from CBN for pre-listed customer's who require weekly transfers over USD10,000.

Note: if the lodgement into an account is an inflow (wire transfer) you can transfer any amount even with an Invisible transfer means.

Cheers

you are on point.thanks for d contribution cos forumite wud learn a point or two from our observations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.