Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,512 members, 7,923,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 03:13 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519484 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2012
tolyem: @bashtee,

How is your stay in toronto? you have forgotten yur friend complete, anyway, I still want you to help me with the SOP you submitted in your application. Just to you it as guide for my own (tol_yemi@yahoo.com)

@ebugirl

Congrats oooooo... I will be pleased if you can help me with your SOP for sample, although, I have mine which I submitted last year.

Hi toylem, I didn't submit SOP, I didn't see it as a requirement. Best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tolyem(m): 10:32am On Jul 12, 2012
@ebugirl

Thanks... Infact, i think one just need to do the right thing and be prayerful. what you said is right, my friend got his trv last year and had even finished his program at manitoba last month... he never put all these things not even landed or marrital documents ( i saw his application as an empty docs but he got it)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2012
Manweysabi:

as u can see, i just provided a link where he can get a first class info with regards to his request... i've been using that site to book for my flights!

sorry joor, I made a mistake. i was referring to Michael.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 11:32am On Jul 12, 2012
@ebugirl, i want to ask that did you send the original copy of your transcript to the embassy or a notarized one...?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 11:58am On Jul 12, 2012
Danyl: @ebugirl, i want to ask that did you send the original copy of your transcript to the embassy or a notarized one...?

I sent the original, I even addressed it to CDHC

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2012
tolyem: @ebugirl

Thanks... Infact, i think one just need to do the right thing and be prayerful. what you said is right, my friend got his trv last year and had even finished his program at manitoba last month... he never put all these things not even landed or marrital documents ( i saw his application as an empty docs but he got it)

Dats God's favour @ work, but if Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ have any relevant document related to ur application don't hesitate to include it. Its better to be "over" prepared, Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ neva can tell the mood of the VO who would handle ur file.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
just saw this thread today..informative stuff..welldone guys.
so basic question: When you application is taking long to be called for medicals (like in my case will be 4 months in less than 2 weeks), is that a good sign or a bad one? cause about all the positive ones on this thread are called within a month. or is there anyone successful one you guys know of that took a long time to be called for medicals?. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
ebugirl:

I sent the original, I even addressed it to CDHC
thanks i thought as much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2012
Olami1224: My Nairalander i have finally submitted my application for JAN 2013.... Please pray for me'oooo................... God bless you all. God bless you all for the wonderful posts, and directions you've been contributing on this thread.

God Bless you......

@olami1224 I submitted mine yesterday as well, would have submitted some weeks ago, but I had to sort some things out.. Have you received the alert from VAC that your "application is now being processed bla bla" ?
We shall all get there Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2012
kenniy: just saw this thread today..informative stuff..welldone guys.
so basic question: When you application is taking long to be called for medicals (like in my case will be 4 months in less than 2 weeks), is that a good sign or a bad one? cause about all the positive ones on this thread are called within a month. or is there anyone successful one you guys know of that took a long time to be called for medicals?. thanks

Mine will be 4 months tomorrow (VFS -13th March) and next tomorrow (CDHC -14th March)!!!

It's not been easy. Self sponsor. Are you self sponsor too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
galala123:

Mine will be 4 months tomorrow (VFS -13th March) and next tomorrow (CDHC -14th March)!!!

It's not been easy. Self sponsor. Are you self sponsor too?
Partly self..partly brother..all documents shown to that effect. as it so happened though, I just got a government scholarship that will take care of everything (NITDA) and I am looking to update my application with the award letter by next week. I just hope its not too late..I really dont understand the delay, since all the documents are intact..you heard of anyone that was eventually called for medicals after such delays?? just checking so I can be sure there isnt a problem..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ justwise.pls,u closed my thread on scholarship to memorial university n provided a link.i thot d link wud lead me directly to d page containing d info i need but it led me to page 1 of dis thread.on what page of dis thread can i find d needed info,pls?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2012
This is the third time I will be writing on this thread without any reply from anyone, I guess this thread has only a group of people or like a cliq,even if no one has an answer to my question at least u guys should show concern, its over 60working days now n I've not heard from cdhc infact all I want now is to get my docs back.I'm tired of d emotional torture of tracking every day,visiting dat should take just 35-45 working days is taking almost 3months now. I want to know if I can visit dem to withdraw my application afterall my husband's convocation dat is my main purpose of visit has being done since june 13th.pls u guys should advice me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
@bancan There is no clique, I'm sure if you go through this thread you'll see some folks that applied for student visas and are still waiting 3/4 months later. I'll advice you to be patient and not pull out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2012
bancan: This is the third time I will be writing on this thread without any reply from anyone, I guess this thread has only a group of people or like a cliq,even if no one has an answer to my question at least u guys should show concern, its over 60working days now n I've not heard from cdhc infact all I want now is to get my docs back.I'm tired of d emotional torture of tracking every day,visiting dat should take just 35-45 working days is taking almost 3months now. I want to know if I can visit dem to withdraw my application afterall my husband's convocation dat is my main purpose of visit has being done since june 13th.pls u guys should advice me

Sorry my sister. The situation is pathetic. This is another reason why people want to get additional identity. Unfortunately we are treated like orphans country wise.

If you don't give me visa when I need it, at least release my passport. I hope eventually, we can reach a stage where they will not hold our passport until they are ready to issue visa.

If you get the visa now, will you still use it? Do you intend to make any foreign trip soon? You may choose to recall your passport and application after considering these questions and perhaps one or two other questions.

I personally, have missed about 3 foreign trips because of my passport which has been detained since March although I console myself that I have saved some travel expenses!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2012
kenniy: Partly self..partly brother..all documents shown to that effect. as it so happened though, I just got a government scholarship that will take care of everything (NITDA) and I am looking to update my application with the award letter by next week. I just hope its not too late..I really dont understand the delay, since all the documents are intact..you heard of anyone that was eventually called for medicals after such delays?? just checking so I can be sure there isnt a problem..

Someone confirmed he got his TRV after 7 months! I am in the same mental state as you. I do not know if delay means denial in this age of expedited processing when you see a lot of people overtaking you.

If they need clarifications and ask questions, or request for additional documents, at least you will know your application is being processed rather than such tortuous silence! cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ritze(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ all
Pls I have a question
Jst want to know if cdhc accept notification of results in lieu of certificate for some1 that has admission alredi

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2012
galala123:

Sorry my sister. The situation is pathetic. This is another reason why people want to get additional identity. Unfortunately we are treated like orphans country wise.

If you don't give me visa when I need it, at least release my passport. I hope eventually, we can reach a stage where they will not hold our passport until they are ready to issue visa
If you get the visa now, will you still use it? Do you intend to make any foreign trip soon? You may choose to recall your passport and application after considering these questions and perhaps one or two other questions.

I personally, have missed about 3 foreign trips because of my passport which has been detained since March although I console myself that I have saved some travel expenses!
thanks a lot,I applied on the 20th of april to attend an event slated for 13th of june, these guys waited till d date passed and didn't say anything, immediately after d event people told me to forget the visa which I've done already but my problem is if they know I won't be given d visa anymore why seize my docs till now with no news from them.I'm frustrated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2012
bancan: This is the third time I will be writing on this thread without any reply from anyone, I guess this thread has only a group of people or like a cliq,even if no one has an answer to my question at least u guys should show concern, its over 60working days now n I've not heard from cdhc infact all I want now is to get my docs back.I'm tired of d emotional torture of tracking every day,visiting dat should take just 35-45 working days is taking almost 3months now. I want to know if I can visit dem to withdraw my application afterall my husband's convocation dat is my main purpose of visit has being done since june 13th.pls u guys should advice me

In ur application, did u state dt ur purpose of visit is to attend convocation? Did he get iv for u frm school? If u did and d convoc has passed, am sorry , they won't give u visa since dt has passed, bt if u stated its for visit and he got iv for u, u still stand a chance.
An advise to all, if u r going to visit ur spouse, wether canada or us, its better d spouse gets iv for u frm school and files d paper him/herself.

I hv a friend dt was denied us visa 3 times, despite she has a good job and she stated she was going to join d husband, bt immediately d guy filed d paper for her, one hand.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
bancan: thanks a lot,I applied on the 20th of april to attend an event slated for 13th of june, these guys waited till d date passed and didn't say anything, immediately after d event people told me to forget the visa which I've done already but my problem is if they know I won't be given d visa anymore why seize my docs till now with no news from them.I'm frustrated

I advise u write cdhc an e mail dt u r withdrawing ur application n dt they shld return ur doc.
This is if ur purpose is to attend convoc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ all of course I got an official invite from the university my husband attended with their seal and all that and also got an invitation letter from my husband stating that I'm coming to attend his convocation and also to visit him so he can see our son for d first time(he travelled when I was pregnant). My tie is my job and I stated in my application dat I want to spend just a month plus in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adetayolet: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
What is the least duration for the Federal Skill Worker visa, from the date of application to the day the Visa will be granted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
If u want to use oluwole, canada is d last option cos they verify almost everything, however, I have seen 2 guys dt got US visa wit oluwole. Their VO work wit psychology.

If u r a graduate,get a job, work n save up sum money.

If ur result is too good, first class, I advise u apply to US schools, u culd get full scholarship and research assistantship . Such offers r nt available in canada on entry.
U culd also apply for erasmus mundus scholarship for european countries, u culd get full scholarship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2012

@bancan, I suggest you call them and demand to know the status of your application. If the response is that they are still working, tell them that you need your documents for other things since the convocation is past, seek to know when you will likely get their response. It happened to me, I was supposed to go to UK for a job interview, I applied a month to the interview date and did not get response. When the date has past I gave a week gap - no response, so i called them demanding my passport since the interview date is past, but they told me that dey are still working on. I told them they should stop working on it and return my pass that I do not need it. They sent me a withdrawal form and warned that if I sign it that I will not get a refund of the applicatn fee. I signed it and the next 2 days I got my passport with 6 months multiple visa surprisingly. So contact them and talk I prayerfully. I hope for a positive turn out. I do not know what is wrong with them, i blame our govt. u have double genuine reason. But next time apply for reunion visa, use it and visit him. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
@bancan,
I really feel for u now. Since ur purpose is dual, just commit it to prayers. Continue to wait n hope on d lord. If he was still in school, I wuld have advised he files for ur work permit. They process it faster n dt way, u get up to 2 yrs if not more to visit him and even work during d duration of ur visit. try n discuss filing ur work permit wit him.

On a lighter note, I can't even imagine being in d labour room witout my husband. U really tried.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]why is this forum so dull?,,,,,,,,,,no medical, no trv!!!!!!!!!!!!! God pls come to our aid
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by fflowers: 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2012
hello y'all. my status changed today yll I was tracking on VAC website @ abt 9:11 to-
Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied.
Few mins ago, I tracked it again αη∂ it changed to-
Your application reference number NGA/******/****/** is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 13/07/2012 
Thank you all for ur support, my story is sooo long αη∂ I will update u all, once I get my TRV on thursday next week(when I travel to Lagos)!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.