Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,555 members, 7,923,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 05:15 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519495 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
moty4all: I will suggest u get all ur documents ready and submit before the 4th month to ur school resumtion.

I wish u goodluck. And see u in Canada smiley

({}) > > > > > you too! I guess u are on bb; we can connect.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
({}) > > > > > you too! I guess u are on bb; we can connect.

moty4all: I will suggest u get all ur documents ready and submit before the 4th month to ur school resumtion.

I wish u goodluck. And see u in Canada smiley

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
mercylicious: @ all, I wrote cdhc yesterday to inform me of my file no as I want to update my docs. I decided to do dt cos they have never quoted it in any correspondence wit them, today, the sent me d file no. Atleast, am sure my applicatn isn't missing from their office. Lol

hello, please which e-mail addy did you use? I want to follow this procedure before sending them additional docs next week if still necessary by then i.e no news still smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 3:46am On Jul 11, 2012
Hello house, is been a while,thanks God we are progressing. didnt submit my application for fall, I had some issue with my sponsor's documents and I lost $250 from my tuition deposit and need to pay $50 to reaply by august 1st or second since the SAIT POly. said they don't defer offers. hope to apply by sept or oct for winter 2013. @moty4all pls i need ur email add so that we can talk. my is seedgie@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 6:48am On Jul 11, 2012
Please I submitted most of my documents as photocopy but stamped from court, is there a need to contact the embassy to tell them the originals are available for verification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 8:13am On Jul 11, 2012
It depends on the documents. If its your result, transcript or birth certificate then you should do so. In any case i suggest you send them a mail and also make sure you have a very good reason for not submitting the originals at the initial time of application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2012
solomon okeigar: It depends on the documents. If its your result, transcript or birth certificate then you should do so. In any case i suggest you send them a mail and also make sure you have a very good reason for not submitting the originals at the initial time of application.
what's their mail address because most of ma documents are photocopy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 10:30am On Jul 11, 2012
mikky4all: what's their mail address because most of ma documents are photocopy

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2012
solomon okeigar:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
is it compulsory I submit the original since I have those photocopy stamped from court
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2012
mikky4all: is it compulsory I submit the original since I have those photocopy stamped from court

Yes it is. But I guess they compromise if your package looks genuine. I hope they do so in your case. Wish you best of Luck with your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2012
@solomon okeigha, when u applied to dalhousie university, how many of your university transcript was requested from you? did you have to submit another one the second time..

I submitted my applicaition since feb22, but due to time constraints and inability of the admin to respond to my queries i had to defer my admission till january 2013, they said my file is complete and now the associate director at the registrar's office is requesting for another university transcript which i have already submitted on may30 and it has been received by the office since then, they even confirm that my file is complete what do you think i can do in this regard... pls reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Michael13(m): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2012
pls.....i knw dis is off key/point/topic but ...abeg.....who knows hw much it cost to fly from enugu to lagos.....using ARIK?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by J20: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2012
Please which high court can I get the affidavit of sponsorship done?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
Danyl: @solomon okeigha, when u applied to dalhousie university, how many of your university transcript was requested from you? did you have to submit another one the second time..

I submitted my applicaition since feb22, but due to time constraints and inability of the admin to respond to my queries i had to defer my admission till january 2013, they said my file is complete and now the associate director at the registrar's office is requesting for another university transcript which i have already submitted on may30 and it has been received by the office since then, they even confirm that my file is complete what do you think i can do in this regard... pls reply

I submitted my application in march with 2 transcripts. I suggest you meet to their demands because it was stated that you should send 2 copies of your transcript.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
Danyl: @solomon okeigha, when u applied to dalhousie university, how many of your university transcript was requested from you? did you have to submit another one the second time..

Did U get any feedback whatsoever from CDHC before defering Ur admission?

Were U for May or Sept intake?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
@solomon okeigha
galala123:

Am yet to apply to cdhc, i deferred my admission because time is against me, and i have to proceed, i may have to obtain another start date, am now for january start date...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
@solomon okeigha
galala123:

Am yet to apply to cdhc, i deferred my admission because time is against me, and i have to proceed, i may have to obtain another start date, am now for january start date...

2. did you send another copy of the previous transcript you send initially or you send the photocopy along with the original...

3. is it your university transcript that was requested to be send in duplicate?....
pls reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
Danyl: @solomon okeigha

I am confused. which application did you submit since Feb 22? or do you mean that you wanted to submit since Feb 22nd? or you submitted to the school since Feb22?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
Danyl:

I send my high school and university transcript and my file was said to be complete, but what the man is saying is disturbing i expect the ones i sent to be transferred to him since they are all in the same file....

1. the second one you sent, was it another copy of the first one you sent...?
2. do you mean the supporting documents should contain 2 transcripts of my university education,though i've never come across that information on their portal...

The second one I sent ȋ̊§ also the original not photocopy. ♍Ɣ dept. Explained that they will need to keep one transcript in ur dept while the other ȋ̊§ sent to the dean of faculty. I also had this challenge, so they explained it to me and referred me to their website where I saw it myself. Sorry 4 the late response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
@ebugirl,thanks for the eye opener... anyway i'll get it sent, i'll get it sent next week, i presume you applied for master's programme right...

@solomon okeigha, this is what i mean,i opened my application on their portal since feb 22, though it was around march when i send in all my supporting documents, i applied for the fall term then but i had to defer to winter term in january 2013...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
Any gud news in d house?
Abeg make these ppl try give me visa asap. Hard times /recession is fast coming in naija n I don't want it to meet me here. I need to hv canny visa on ground. How I wish it was in d era of old pp, I wuld hv started processing aussie visa concurrently.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Manweysabi(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2012
Michael 13: pls.....i knw dis is off key/point/topic but ...abeg.....who knows hw much it cost to fly from enugu to lagos.....using ARIK?

visit www.wakanow.com to book your flight!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
@Manweysabi

I can deduce that you are on the internet. Why can't you use it also to check for flight cost on the various website of airlines or travel agents, abi no be u be the maneysabi? abi u no sabi this one? LOL........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2012
mercylicious:
Any gud news in d house?
Abeg make these ppl try give me visa asap. Hard times /recession is fast coming in naija n I don't want it to meet me here. I need to hv canny visa on ground. How I wish it was in d era of old pp, I wuld hv started processing aussie visa concurrently.

@ Mercilicious, + BH too oh! Plenty bad things are chasing the sons and daughters of man in Naija now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
My Nairalander i have finally submitted my application for JAN 2013.... Please pray for me'oooo................... God bless you all. God bless you all for the wonderful posts, and directions you've been contributing on this thread.

God Bless you......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2012
The British government are having a rethink....................

Amid growing criticism from educational institutions and a number of other industry officials, Prime Minister, David Cameron, looks set to review recent restrictions placed on UK Study Visa routes. It now appears likely that Mr Cameron will do a U-turn by removing international students from official UK Immigration figures.

After the restrictions were implemented back in April 2012, a number of international students have reportedly been deterred from coming to Britain in order to study. The effects of the new UK Immigration policies were already being felt in the education sector, as UK Universities began to report a decrease in the number of applicants from countries such as India.

Although the UK Government has a goal of reducing net UK Immigration figures, education leaders made it clear to Mr Cameron those international students, coming to study in Britain, contribute approximately £8 billion to the British economy. In a recent report issued by the Sunday Times Newspaper they quoted a spokesperson from 10 Downing Street who said: “The Prime Minister understands these arguments and is definitely considering a change of policy.”

UK Immigration Minister, Damian Green, has been using the decreasing volume of UK Study Visa types being granted to applicants (62% drop in Tier 4 Student Visa applications in the first quarter of 2012) as evidence that the Government is on target to deliver on its promise of reducing net immigration figures from the ‘hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands.’

Mr Green has constantly maintained that international students should be considered when calculating net immigration figures as many of them return to their home nations following completion of their studies.

At present, students account for the largest category of immigrants arriving in the UK. One of the fundamental changes responsible for putting international students off considering Britain as a place to study was the closure of the Post-Study Work Visa route. This option gave a student the opportunity to recover some of the cost of their studies by remaining in the UK to work for a period of two years following the completion of their course.

http://www.ukimmigrationbarristers.com/blog/uk-immigration-set-to-relax-restrictions-on-uk-study-visa-types/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
grin grin grin what makes them think that some of the African and Asian students make a u-turn from their Maple dream to UK? dem no dey see say dem gra-gra dom dey make dem to dey lose revenue dem suppose to dey generate 4rm Intl students to Canada,U.S and Aussie. I dey laugh grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 8:28am On Jul 12, 2012

Hi. I wrote to a Lecturer to ask if he could be my supervisor for graduate program over two weeks now. I have not heard from him. My application has been mailed to the school and it has been acknowledged too. Please, what do you suggest I do?

Please, will it be wise to write to another lecturer in the same department to be my supervisor since the other did not response?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by tolyem(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2012
@bashtee,

How is your stay in toronto? you have forgotten yur friend complete, anyway, I still want you to help me with the SOP you submitted in your application. Just to you it as guide for my own (tol_yemi@yahoo.com)

@ebugirl

Congrats oooooo... I will be pleased if you can help me with your SOP for sample, although, I have mine which I submitted last year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Manweysabi(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2012
solomon okeigar: @Manweysabi

I can deduce that you are on the internet. Why can't you use it also to check for flight cost on the various website of airlines or travel agents, abi no be u be the maneysabi? abi u no sabi this one? LOL........

as u can see, i just provided a link where he can get a first class info with regards to his request... i've been using that site to book for my flights!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Manweysabi(m): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2012
VCTROKOYE:

Please, will it be wise to write to another lecturer in the same department to be my supervisor since the other did not response?
Thanks
just keep trying, u may be lucky... in my own case, no supervisor responded to all my requests. i just went ahead and apply... and was accepted. no dull yourself o! those guys no dey too respond to international students. just go ahead and apply if you didn't get any feedback.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.