Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,921 members, 7,924,883 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 02:54 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (519569 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2012
Frm fidelity bank, u can wire up to 50k a day as far as the account that will receive it is a corporate account. U can move more than that, bt d acnt officer will have to use other customers acnts who hv convenants to move a specified amt monthly or else, their COT concesn will be reversed. So u can even move a million daily through a lot of accounts.
U just hv to pay d charges dt will be accrued on d customers acntm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2012
mercylicious: Frm fidelity bank, u can wire up to 50k a day as far as the account that will receive it is a corporate account. U can move more than that, bt d acnt officer will have to use other customers acnts who hv convenants to move a specified amt monthly or else, their COT concesn will be reversed. So u can even move a million daily through a lot of accounts.
U just hv to pay d charges dt will be accrued on d customers acntm

Madam, How are you today? Midweek already and still nuttin' yet!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
kamloops: [color=#006600][/color][b][/b]

@ all prospective applicants...

I am no immigration expert but let's just say iv learnt a lot from my experience, peoples experience, iv tirelessly read articles and gone through the website of the consulate, worked a little with the experts and thus I know one or two about immigration which I would like to share.

First of all no two individual applicaton are treated the same way. Two friends may apply on the same day but they are not likely to get their passports or instructions back at the same time. Basically, it takes between 3-6 months for the entire process. Some (like myself) are called for medicals early, after a few weeks and some are called after months. It depends on how well arranged and organised ur application is, and how fast an easy it is to verify all your documents and most importantly the grace of God (as your application maybe perfect but the consular not in a good frame that day). Thus, you have to pray hard and work hard...you should ensure that every detial is covered, from passport photograph specification to school document etc. I remember when I took my passport photo, I dint like the first set of pics and I went all the way to ikoyi to take another because of the quality and experience I know the photographer had. This is to say that NOTHING should be taken for granted.

Also, you should never apply late or too early. For instance if your school starts september the best time to apply is march so you wouldn't get the excuse of insufficient time or look to desperate by applying much earlier.

The whole idea of your application should be based on the fact that your a genuine student,'one who is progressive' by this I mean if you have a bsc you should be going for a msc, mba, ma etc not a diploma. A pgd is only ok if ur degree class is a 2.2 and below. And you should b able to demonstate that the pgd, msc, mba, mphil etc is the right course for you, butressing on the connection to your previous degree. (This can be demonstrated through your transcripts, choice of school, choice of course, your letter of intent, professional body membership, awards, work experience etc) just make sure there is a connection.

Well below is the list of documents I submitted:

1. All relevant application forms, family form, study permit questionaire, etc (which I typed and filled online)

2. Letter of intent (which I titled 'my story') this is a brief introductory about the applicant. It should be a one-two page typed intro about you, your motivation, academic succes, reasons why ur going for a particular course, why canada, little bout ur family etc. Keep it short, smart and brilliant.

3. International passport

4. Passport photographs (with my details written on the back) pls make sure it meets the specification, plus wear a nice shirt, not much make up, look good and smart. Like a student should. Neatly hold the photos with an office pin.

5. Police clearance certificate. This is done somewhere near obalende.

6. Final admission letter from school with evidence of fees payment- if required of from the school.

7. Transcripts from previous university or institution(original copy)

8. Waec, neco (yes! Include it, with scratch cards for them to verify)

9.Nysc discharge certificate (if you have)

10.Testimonials, certificates, awards etc

11. Your birth certificate (original)

12. "COPY" of birth certificate of your siblings OR copy oftheir intl passport bio data page. If your parents don't have passport or birth certificate u can put a copy of their marriage certificate. Same applies to you spouse or kids if you are married.

13. Reference letter from present employer if employed, also include payslip.

14. Affidavit of support from your sponsor which should be typed on a page and notarised. (Your sponsor is best if its a close relative like brother, father, wife etc.)

15. 6months - 1year bank statement. Pls just don't deposite a chunck of money in your account/sponsors account. They want to see the history and flow of income in and out of the account. And yes they do verify all accounts!!
Make sure it is recent, stamped and signed.

16. Personal bank statement (if it also looks good)

17. If you are self employed or your sponsor is self employed attach dovs like certificate of incorporation, tax clearance, company registration papers, form co7 etc. If you work for someone and your sponsoring urself your pay slip, reference frm company and bank statement I enough.

18. Be sure to add fixed deposit proof, landed property proofs, tenancy agreements(if ur sponsor has a house), deed of assigment, treasury bills etc

Pheww!! That's about it. Pls ake sure u organise and arrange all documents in an orderly manner, like how I listed them, so it would be easier for them to go through.

NB...you can also add a check list which lists all documents in application. The truth is not everyone will get a visa, some are granted, some denied. If not canada or any place would be chocked up. All countries usually have a quota which dey cannot exceed yearly, so make sure u pray hard and work hard to be granted.

All the best to everyone and myself. I have payed my dues.

Please i urgently need the sample of your letter of intent..... i will be submitting my application on Friday.... (sodiqonas@yahoo.com) any body that has the form should help me with it, am going for an undergraduate... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2012
Why is the house so dull?.........where are people like noswaa, slamdunk,olaremy2k?,...etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2012
@all, I was denied visa today.................NOOOOO WAYYYY!!!.......this house deserves some good news, am still dancing alanta and azonto as I type......GOD has been so good........got my TTTRRRVVV today.......HE will complete what HE has started in our lives, despite all the bumps with fee payment...........stay tuned for documents as usual
@shavel.....seek no further, am here!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lyfe(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2012
slamdunk99: @all, I was denied visa today.................NOOOOO WAYYYY!!!.......this house deserves some good news, am still dancing alanta and azonto as I type......GOD has been so good........got my TTTRRRVVV today.......HE will complete what HE has started in our lives, despite all the bumps with fee payment...........stay tuned for documents as usual

I told ya. Congrat ore, see you there! But your first line got me *lol*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2012
slamdunk99: @all, I was denied visa today.................NOOOOO WAYYYY!!!.......this house deserves some good news, am still dancing alanta and azonto as I type......GOD has been so good........got my TTTRRRVVV today.......HE will complete what HE has started in our lives, despite all the bumps with fee payment...........stay tuned for documents as usual

congrats bros,wish u gudluck ahead
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 10:30am On Jul 05, 2012
shavel: Why is the house so dull?.........where are people like noswaa, slamdunk,olaremy2k?,...etc

my brother am still within,u must be done with ur medicals by now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2012
Noswaa:

my brother am still within,u must be done with ur medicals by now
, keep cool,stay positive and say all is well<<<i should be through by monday.@slamdunk,,,,congrats bro!!!!!! undergrad or postgrad?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jk77(m): 10:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Please all, i urgently need the correct e-mail address of CDHC, the mails i sent to the
below e-mails are not delivered and returned with failure Notice:

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos@international.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 11:19am On Jul 05, 2012
@slamdunk99, big congratulations to you...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2012
shavel: , keep cool,stay positive and say all is well<<<i should be through by monday.@slamdunk,,,,congrats bro!!!!!! undergrad or postgrad?
Heading for postgrad UBC Vancouver campus, all d best!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2012

congratulations broda, Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ deserve it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2012
@ slamduck
Congrats o o. Bt u got me. Wit ur first post. U really gave me bp cos am allergic to bad news.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 05, 2012
Olaremy, hw far? My ear is itching for good news.
How did u get ur file no which u used to forward additional doc?
Did u include return envelop?
Please tell me how u did it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
slamdunk99: Heading for postgrad UBC Vancouver campus, all d best!!!

@slamdunk99, congrats bro..i'm happy for you
can i have a SAMPLE of your Letter of Intent or Your study permit questionaire Or BOTH
my mail is - lillaowow@yahoo.com
Thanks
once again, Congrats!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
@slamdunk99 congratulation on ur travel

Over 2 months now.. Still waiting for medical call up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
@slamdunk99, CONGRATS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
@slamdunk, bro abeg inbox me ur number @shevy4real4u@yahoo.com, I wan ask some questions. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
My Sample letter of Intent (Full version) is available for 10k only (kehindegbadamasi@yahoo.com).....lol
Olami1224:

Please i urgently need the sample of your letter of intent..... i will be submitting my application on Friday.... (sodiqonas@yahoo.com) any body that has the form should help me with it, am going for an undergraduate... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Obamacare: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2012
My Sample letter of Intent (Full version) with sample answered questionnaire is available for 10k only (kehindegbadamasi@yahoo.com).....lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bumdish: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2012

Nice 1. Congrats men!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2012
mercylicious: Olaremy, hw far? My ear is itching for good news.
How did u get ur file no which u used to forward additional doc?
Did u include return envelop?
Please tell me how u did it.
....if u ever sent a mail to CDHC u should have been given ur file number when responding to u.if u havent,u can just pick a sheet of paper:write ur name;passport number,acknowledgement number and date of birth then visa type which is study permit.just place the paper ontop of the additional document(s) ure sending.u dont need to pay for return courier.best of luck..@ shevy,am just reading post nowadays because am tired of the waiting period.will be 4 months by next week.i still call VAC today and still in queue.i want decision before Ramadan..at all...wish everybody success,be it medical call,TRV and success in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2012
Olaremy, kindly give the d mail add of chdc. There was no file no in their reply to my mail. Find the address I mailed below;

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Aks(m): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2012
Is there anybody on this blog that have information on concordia university in Montreal, Quebec? How good is the university? I have my B.Tech in computer Engineering in Nigeria and am contemplating of applying for a year Graduate certificate program in Service Engineering & Network Management.

I'll appreciate if you guys fill me in
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by GboyegaD(m): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
Sorry if my post seems off topic but I observe people are asked to pay tuition. If you have a doctorate funding with tuition waiver and funding, do you just submit your statement of account only and all other documents or would you still need to make payment when you actually do not need to make payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
mercylicious: Olaremy, kindly give the d mail add of chdc. There was no file no in their reply to my mail. Find the address I mailed below;

Thanks
.....ure correct..lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca.......the file number start with S and like 10 digit numbers.maybe u should recheck the mail or request for it incase u dont want to use my earlier posted method.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dipo1: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2012
this link provides a rough grade conversion scale. I reckon a lot of people want to know what their CGP's will be equivalent to on a different scale from the one use in their universities. So u may have an idea if you meet requirements if a University says for instance, that they require a minimum of a B grade for MSc applicants

http://em.tsu.edu/registrar/forms/gradeconversion.pdf
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Henrychris(m): 1:03am On Jul 06, 2012
@kamloops thanks for sharing,my qusestion is where in Lagos can somebody snap a passport photograph for canadian application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 5:46am On Jul 06, 2012
Henrychris: @kamloops thanks for sharing,my qusestion is where in Lagos can somebody snap a passport photograph for canadian application
Just get your application ready and go to the visa app centre, lots of photographers r dere to do dat......all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 5:53am On Jul 06, 2012
moty4all: @slamdunk99 congratulation on ur travel

Over 2 months now.. Still waiting for medical call up.

Don't worry your miracle is on the way, dey can't hold unto it for too long........TRVs n medicals will soon start flooding d house by GOD's grace!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.