Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,381 members, 7,891,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516237 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 10:22am On Jan 02, 2013
pauloman:

Let me first and foremost wish u a very hearty congrations bro. You made it through the rough and stormy paths. For you to see that update on ur file means u are one of the lucky few that the VO had worked on ur file to a stage before a final decision is to be made just when the new policy to cancel the about 300,000 applications that applied before february 2008.

But now a final decision has been made on ur file because those lucky few like u will see their files treated to conclusion and i am glad u are one of them. So do not waste time,take the next flight to Accra,Ghana and pick up ur PRV. Its normally on mondays by 8am. Congrats once again and see u in Canada Bro !
Thanx for the rescue smiley @Abusaibu, off to accra #sharp# grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2013
dealexad:

was looking out for you on the flight: addis aababa - toronto...

Me too for you. I met a guy and a pretty lady in the process of looking for you self. Hope you didn't gain too much weight on transit? Omo mehn Ethiopia airline fit kill with food and beer grin
dealexad:

was looking out for you on the flight: addis aababa - toronto...

Me too for you. I met a guy and a pretty lady in the process of looking for you self. Hope you didn't gain too much weight on transit? Omo mehn Ethiopia airline fit kill with food and beer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 10:58am On Jan 02, 2013
mercylicious:
Thanks Jokzoh for ur update.
So u flew ET to london.
Do u hope to go by train to Canny? Plz tell me all abt d train thing. Which locations do they go in Canny?

I flew Ethiopia airline to Toronto. London is a city in Ontario. I wanted to take a train here initially but I later took a bus. It was cool.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Is there a rail system from London to Canada?

No. London is also in Ontario.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2013
Thank Jokzoh for d clarification.

@all medical awaitees,
I mailed the admission and registration unit of my school today informing them dt cdhc has nt reached a decision on my application and dt am still expectant. I also told them that I will be giving them updates.
I checked the school's deadline and saw dt 18th Jan is the last day for registration without penalty fee and also due date for tuition payment. I implied dt I can still register even after 18th bt will pay penalty fee. It won't be so nice cos ur colleagues must have gone far and u have a lot to catch up with. I believe with determination, one can still catch up.
I also wrote the graduate funding department to intimate me on the available funding/scholarpship that I can apply for now.
Hahaha. Life is beautiful. Not even cdhc can stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:23am On Jan 02, 2013
genep: @Idomaboi Any update, have you been tracking?
i don't have my apllication reference number and my agent is on holiday to resume tomorrow
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Jokzoh:

Me too for you. I met a guy and a pretty lady in the process of looking for you self. Hope you didn't gain too much weight on transit? Omo mehn Ethiopia airline fit kill with food and beer grin

Me too for you. I met a guy and a pretty lady in the process of looking for you self. Hope you didn't gain too much weight on transit? Omo mehn Ethiopia airline fit kill with food and beer
i am definately taking ethopian air
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
have anyone's status changed today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Wish all awaitees God's Grace. i'm so happy Jokzoh has landed and is settling down in Canada. I was with him on saturday 29th in Abuja, next time i see him, it's in CANADA by God's Grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
Jokzoh:

I flew Ethiopia airline to Toronto. London is a city in Ontario. I wanted to take a train here initially but I later took a bus. It was cool.

Please what were your stopovers using ethipian airlines?...and did u need transit visa's?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by laykay(m): 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hello house... Happy New Year... I'm about applying for admission this Jan and hope to confirm some stuffs before I go ahead sending my docs. Please is it compulsory to take my University documents and high school docs to the ministry of education and foreign affairs to get it stamped? Also I've got my transcript original copy from my University, but I hear if I wanna apply with it I should provide only originals.. So I was thinking, Im also aware at the embassy they'll require my transcript and certificate. So if I do send the original copies to my supposed university can I submit a photocopy to the embassy or they also require only originals ? Also any one here in particular that wishes to assist me personally I'll be glad to read from you thanks.. talk to leke at yahoo dot com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
laykay: Hello house... Happy New Year... I'm about applying for admission this Jan and hope to confirm some stuffs before I go ahead sending my docs. Please is it compulsory to take my University documents and high school docs to the ministry of education and foreign affairs to get it stamped? Also I've got my transcript original copy from my University, but I hear if I wanna apply with it I should provide only originals.. So I was thinking, Im also aware at the embassy they'll require my transcript and certificate. So if I do send the original copies to my supposed university can I submit a photocopy to the embassy or they also require only originals ? Also any one here in particular that wishes to assist me personally I'll be glad to read from you thanks.. talk to leke at yahoo dot com

1) You don't need to take your documents to any ministry..
2) Most schools in Canada requires official copies of your transcript (you can confirm from them via email if they would accept a copy)
3) An original copy of your transcript is preferable for Visa application.
4) Start your application as soon as possible.
5) You need help and expect people to contact you (Funny) ..Besides, you can always post your questions here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 4:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
@Laykay its very easy just take photo-copies of all your dox to any notary public officer will sign and stamp it attesting it that your photo copies are from orignal dox,then send the photo copies with your transcript to your school of choice.2concerning Cdhc you must go back and get another transcript from your school when applying cos they dont accept photo copies of transcript,all your dox must be certificate except recent dox not due for certificate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Emblem(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
dealexad:

Landed toronto today Jan 1st after God knows how many hours in the air with stop overs addis ababa, rome and toronto. ethiopian airways misplaced my bag too o, sumbody tell me say make i no worry, say na to sue dem grin
Omo, dis place cold no b small o

Nice one bruv. Good to hear that. Wish U̶̲̥̅̊ all d best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

1) You don't need to take your documents to any ministry..
2) Most schools in Canada requires official copies of your transcript (you can confirm from them via email if they would accept a copy)
3) An original copy of your transcript is preferable for Visa application.
4) Start your application as soon as possible.
5) You need help and expect people to contact you (Funny) ..Besides, you can always post your questions here

That is a good one. . . what makes me laff so much is people contacting you and Ordering you like you are their boyz . . .Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
Pls do one need a transit visa to go through Ethiopian Airline? If no, pls how do I book d flight...I need answer urgently pls because I ve to travel next week monday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
Rapuziaokwu: Pls do one need a transit visa to go through Ethiopian Airline? If no, pls how do I book d flight...I need answer urgently pls because I ve to travel next week monday

I am sure talking to a travel agent will be your best bet and for you to know the cost as well . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
Pls do one need a transit visa to go through Ethiopian Airline? If no, pls how do I book d flight. (Website)...I need answer urgently pls because I ve to travel next week monday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
@Rapuziaokwu...Mr Femmmy has given you what you need. Those that flew with Ethi should help out too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Rapuziaokwu: Pls do one need a transit visa to go through Ethiopian Airline? If no, pls how do I book d flight. (Website)...I need answer urgently pls because I ve to travel next week monday

The only time i flew Ethiopia Airline, i did not secure a transit visa, however, i was with a Canadian Passport, so not too sure but to speed things up, call some travel agent in Lagos/Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2013
Am gradually backing off.
No medicals till now.
School replied dt I shld contact my course supervisor for registration extension. And after d extension, d admission is over since d start dates is exhausted.
Am advised to ask for extension till Feb.
The one dt pains me most is 'Please note that we still require your official degree certificate in a sealed envelope from the university, with the university's stamp across the seal of the envelope before you will be eligible to register.'

Maybe am nt to go to Canny now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
mercylicious: Am gradually backing off.
No medicals till now.
School replied dt I shld contact my course supervisor for registration extension. And after d extension, d admission is over since d start dates is exhausted.
The one dt pains me most is 'Please note that we still require your official degree certificate in a sealed envelope from the university, with the university's stamp across the seal of the envelope before you will be eligible to register.'

Winners never quit, give it what you have in you and all will be well . . . See you in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2013
No medicals till now.

keep hoping mercy..i'm still yet to get my trv..class starts 7th..i will loose my room if a miracle don't happen b4 tomorrow ends
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 5:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
so no status changed today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
No medicals till now.

Y don't you just mail CDHC or forward the email to them and add your own words to it? You really need to act fast and have faith that everything will be fyne.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fhemmmy:

The only time i flew Ethiopia Airline, i did not secure a transit visa, however, i was with a Canadian Passport, so not too sure but to speed things up, call some travel agent in Lagos/Nigeria
@Fhemmy pls can u give me contact of any of d agents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2013
Rapuziaokwu: Pls do one need a transit visa to go through Ethiopian Airline? If no, pls how do I book d flight. (Website)...I need answer urgently pls because I ve to travel next week monday
...there are guys that flew this same airline days ago...why not ask them how they did theirs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
Jokzoh: .
@Jokzoh I know u flew Ethiopian airline...pls did u obtain a transit visa? Giv me the website to book a flight. Tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
eldred the don:

Congrats dude....please did u require transit visa'a at any of ur stopover's?
nope, at addis ababa, we waited bout 3hrs cos there was a delay in d flight, wen we got to rome, we were in the plane for an hour (no one was allowed out of it), then took off to toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Siga: ...there are guys that flew this same airline days ago...why not ask them how they did theirs?
no you do not need a transit visa, go to ethiopianairlines.com and book your ticket, you can book on hold and go pay at their office at 3, idowu taylor street, victoria island, lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by emmatony: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
pls does anyone knw where and how i can get funding to do my phd in canada? pls help i wnt to do it outside nigeria. thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.