Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,567 members, 7,978,879 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (524471 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
dealexad:
no you do not need a transit visa, go to ethiopianairlines.com and book your ticket, you can book on hold and go pay at their office at 3, idowu taylor street, victoria island, lagos.
...tx for the info...but i no need am bro...lol..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Siga: ...tx for the info...but i no need am bro...lol..

cheesy twasnt for u, i only jes quoted ur reply to Rapuziaokwu...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
I MUST SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO THIS NAIRALAND FAMILY, YOU HAVE BEEN OF TREMENDOUS HELP TO ME, FROM APPLICATION TO LANDING IN CANADA. GOD WILL GRANT ALL OF US OUR HEART DESIRES, AND IN DUE TIME TOO!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
mercylicious: Am gradually backing off.
No medicals till now.
School replied dt I shld contact my course supervisor for registration extension. And after d extension, d admission is over since d start dates is exhausted.
Am advised to ask for extension till Feb.
The one dt pains me most is 'Please note that we still require your official degree certificate in a sealed envelope from the university, with the university's stamp across the seal of the envelope before you will be eligible to register.'

Maybe am nt to go to Canny now.

This is a tight one

Plan A
Contact CDHC with what you are experiencing due to their delay. You are playing a catch up game at dis point. If CDHC dont contact u within 1-2 weeks from 2day, I doubt if u could meet up with the February date. Dont give up please.......

Plan B
Incase you are unable to meet up with the february extension and CDHC ask you to come with a new start date. Depending on how fast UofR review application for admsiion, I advise you enquire wt the admission office to know if you can apply for the next available start dates using the initial supporting documents you sent to them. Remember application deadlines.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
@justwise, can u please upgrade us to part 4..dis part 3 don dey long oooo

LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners:

This is a tight one

Plan A
Contact CDHC with what you are experiencing due to their delay. You are playing a catch up game at dis point. If CDHC dont contact u within 1-2 weeks from 2day, I doubt if u could meet up with the February date. Dont give up please.......

Plan B
Incase you are unable to meet up with the february extension and CDHC ask you to come with a new start date. Depending on how fast UofR review application for admsiion, I advise you enquire wt the admission office to know if you can apply for the next available start dates using the initial supporting documents you sent to them. Remember application deadlines.

I have written CDHC twice and have not received any reply from them.
If I don't meet up the extension,I have no plans of reapplying anytime soon, and if I did, I'll apply to Usask. Didn't know their fees are same as Regina.
Bt frankly speaking, am tired of this Canny thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
@Mercylicious, make contact with CDHC next week by email, attach the msg from URegina & if u're resident in Lagos go in person - by next week CDHC shuld resume fully (i'm not bothering myself on tracking till next week, i need to enjoy this year's 1st week without stress). I mailed my sch on the 24th abt CDHC, they wuld resume 2mr so expecting to hear from them. Stay focused.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
earthgreeners: @justwise, can u please upgrade us to part 4..dis part 3 don dey long oooo

LOL
Supported. I pity those that would have to search for info reading this part 3 especially...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ottawa, December 28, 2012 — New measures to prevent fraud in the International Student Program (ISP) were proposed today by Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney.

“Attracting the best and brightest young minds from around the world is key to the continued success of Canada’s economy and long-term prosperity,” said Minister Kenney. “But there are too many stories of international students who pay a lot of money and leave their families back home to study in Canada, only to find out they have been misled. These changes will help us better protect international students and the reputation of Canada’s post-secondary education system by making sure that international students are coming to quality institutions that comply with basic standards of accountability.”

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is proposing regulatory changes to limit study permits to students attending institutions designated by provinces and territories. The proposed changes would address concerns that some institutions are providing poor-quality programs or facilitating, knowingly or not, the entry of foreign nationals to Canada for purposes other than study.

Under the proposed amendments, CIC would work with provinces and territories – which are constitutionally responsible for education – to develop a framework to designate educational institutions that will be permitted to host international students. If a school is not designated, it would be able to continue offering programs of six months or less to foreign nationals in Canada on regular visitor visas. Visitors who wish to enroll in short-term courses do not currently require a study permit, and this would continue to be the case.

Eligible international students attending designated institutions would also be able to work part-time off-campus, without having to apply for a separate work permit. This new flexibility would contribute to Canada’s appeal in attracting the best and brightest students from around the globe.

Furthermore, to help eliminate abuse of student visas, changes are being made to ensure that the primary intent of an international student in Canada is to study. Currently, foreign nationals are able to apply to any Canadian school or business offering training in Canada and need only demonstrate an intent to study – there is currently no requirement for them to actually pursue studies once in Canada and no way of tracking whether they do. These changes would provide CIC the authority to request evidence from study permit holders to verify their compliance with study permit conditions. International students would be removed from Canada if they fail to meet new requirements.

The proposed changes respond to findings from a 2011 evaluation of the International Student Program, which concluded that gaps in the program leave it open to abuse and fraud. Similar reforms have already been implemented by Canada’s key competitor countries for international students. These changes will strengthen Canada's position as a leader in international education.

“By improving the International Student Program, we are strengthening Canada’s reputation as a destination of choice for international students,” said Minister Kenney. “In addition to the economic impact, international student graduates are a great source of potential permanent immigrants. For those who choose to stay in Canada, their Canadian education and their language skills are important factors for success.”

“International students are vital to the global experience offered on university campuses across Canada,” said Paul Davidson, president of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC). “They enrich our institutions with their cultures, languages and unique perspectives and have a positive economic impact on communities coast to coast. We support efforts to strengthen Canada’s reputation as a destination of choice for students around the world.”

“The Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) and CIC collaborate to maintain the integrity of Canada as a destination of choice for international students,” said James Knight, President and CEO of the ACCC. “Canada’s 140 public colleges and institutes are renowned for the quality of their programs and services for international students. We welcome measures to preserve the excellence of the Canadian brand.”

As part of the consultative process, the proposed changes were posted today in the Canada Gazette for a 45-day public comment period.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kelly4top: 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
is there any Memorial University student in st john's New foundland who need a room mate? My cousin said he needs room mate cos most of the accommodation he kept seeing are too expensive. $450 every month and he is in need of a room mate so that dey can share the money together. Pls if u are in st John newfoundland province, let me know so that I can give u his contact to meet up with him. You can drop ur contact too.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
Happy new year great Nairlanders!pls i have a question....my sponsor wants to make use of his documents,is it possible to retrieve it while my application is still been processed?my application is now a month old.pls i need urgent answers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by emmatony: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by emmatony: 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
pls does anyone knw where and how i can get funding to do my phd in canada? pls help i wnt to do it outside nigeria. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
mercylicious: Thank Jokzoh for d clarification.

@all medical awaitees,
I mailed the admission and registration unit of my school today informing them dt cdhc has nt reached a decision on my application and dt am still expectant. I also told them that I will be giving them updates.
I checked the school's deadline and saw dt 18th Jan is the last day for registration without penalty fee and also due date for tuition payment. I implied dt I can still register even after 18th bt will pay penalty fee. It won't be so nice cos ur colleagues must have gone far and u have a lot to catch up with. I believe with determination, one can still catch up.
I also wrote the graduate funding department to intimate me on the available funding/scholarpship that I can apply for now.
Hahaha. Life is beautiful. Not even cdhc can stop it.

I admire the level of calm you have shown so far, God is with you. I really need for you to be in Regina ahead of us(fall 2013)so as to make the path straight for us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
mercylicious:

Plz can we chat offline?
Mail me- mercylicious@mtnnigeria.blackberry.com

Hello so sowi for responding late. I ll mail u now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ezme(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
No medicals till now.
School replied dt I shld contact my course supervisor for registration extension. And after d extension, d admission is over since d start dates is exhausted.
The one dt pains me most is 'Please note that we still require your official degree certificate in a sealed envelope from the university, with the university's stamp across the seal of the envelope before you will be eligible to register.'

sad sad sad Just go ahead and ask for the extension. Is the extension only valid till the 1st February?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
dealexad: I MUST SEIZE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO THIS NAIRALAND FAMILY, YOU HAVE BEEN OF TREMENDOUS HELP TO ME, FROM APPLICATION TO LANDING IN CANADA. GOD WILL GRANT ALL OF US OUR HEART DESIRES, AND IN DUE TIME TOO!!!

AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Welcome to Toronto, you came when the weather is teasing us with mild winter . . . Enjoy yourself in Canada and God Bless.

Oga fhemmmy I will land hopefully on 6th. Wd b nice to meet u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2013
artmostfair:

Oga fhemmmy I will land hopefully on 6th. Wd b nice to meet u.

Where are you going in Canada . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fhemmmy:

bozz are u back in canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
bozz are u back in canada

Always in Canada, Sir . . . Could go on vacation but Canada is like "home"
But i beg, no hate Nija oh, that is the super home oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Great......i did thought u still around..........all the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2013
TRV_IJN: Wish all awaitees God's Grace. i'm so happy Jokzoh has landed and is settling down in Canada. I was with him on saturday 29th in Abuja, next time i see him, it's in CANADA by God's Grace

Amen bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
eldred the don:

Please what were your stopovers using ethipian airlines?...and did u need transit visa's?

No transit visas. Addis Ababa- Rome-Toronto.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jokzoh: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
Rapuziaokwu:
@Jokzoh I know u flew Ethiopian airline...pls did u obtain a transit visa? Giv me the website to book a flight. Tanx

Go to the airport and book at Ethiopia stand there. You don't need transit visas.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
Fhemmmy:

bozz plz how can one connect canada from u.s.a......wat are the requirementz....(2weekz precisely)....does need to get a visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
No medicals till now.

Did you sent them the requested information, and notify them of such action ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
Expect ur miracle!
Idomaboi:
keep hoping mercy..i'm still yet to get my trv..class starts 7th..i will loose my room if a miracle don't happen b4 tomorrow ends

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
bozz plz how can one connect canada from u.s.a......wat are the requirementz....(2weekz precisely)....does need to get a visa

Yes, you will need a visa to connect Canada . . . . Once you in USA, depending on your [size=15pt]status[/size] in USA, you might be able to get the visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
Toronto

Fhemmmy:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2013
artmostfair:
Expect ur miracle!
Amennn and Amennn

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (404)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.