Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,415 members, 7,891,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:42 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (516251 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:12am On Jan 03, 2013
genep:
did mine 27th Nov...
ok..i did mine 20th november
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:14am On Jan 03, 2013
lucky Don: Idomaboi do u stay in lagos?
yeah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2013
kayce43:
Bros y dnt u call maple first and ask dem hw far wiv ur application? U went thru an agency, tink u shld put more pressure on dem dan stressing urself , dats wat I do, u paid dem 4 dose services.
if i call them its the same old story..i know i may not make any improvement but it makes me feel i know what i am going through
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2013
mercylicious:

I sent them official transcript but wen the offer came, they said condition is degree certificate.
They did nt specify it is official copy.
All you need to do is go to your school's Examinations Officer's office, go with a copy of your degree certificate, it wil be endorsed by the EO, and you are good to go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2013
kayce43:
Bros y dnt u call maple first and ask dem hw far wiv ur application? U went thru an agency, tink u shld put more pressure on dem dan stressing urself , dats wat I do, u paid dem 4 dose services.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 03, 2013
lucky Don: Please great Nairalanders,is it possible for me to retrieve my sponsor's documents from CDHC because he wants to make use of it?my application is a month old today.is it possible or will it render my application useless?am confused

You can go there and request for it, use and return immediately after use.
U can also be checking date of submission of fellow forum for medical call up to know estimate of when ur applicatn is abt to be treated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 03, 2013
kanayogod:
All you need to do is go to your school's Examinations Officer's office, go with a copy of your degree certificate, it wil be endorsed by the EO, and you are good to go.

My school is not like dt, those guys are very lousy. It took almost a month to process ordinary transcript. Wat pains me now is dt they just imposed yearly alumi fee. I paid dt fee wen I was leaving, bt d new vc feels he shld be using our money to work. I think d fee is 10k yearly now, so they calc frm d last time u paid. I detest anything dt makes me request anything frm them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 11:58am On Jan 03, 2013
i just left the embassy and i was told i have to be patient for the visa officer to make the decision...so its waiting for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
kanayogod:

On point, I did same with my notification of result (cos our Certificate is yet to be issued) when I applied to UofM and MUN. It was accepted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:04pm On Jan 03, 2013
mercylicious: My school is not like dt, those guys are very lousy. It took almost a month to process ordinary transcript. Wat pains me now is dt they just imposed yearly alumi fee. I paid dt fee wen I was leaving, bt d new vc feels he shld be using our money to work. I think d fee is 10k yearly now, so they calc frm d last time u paid. I detest anything dt makes me request anything frm them.

Madam dey can't be that crazy, what they need to do is to stamp and sign a copy of your certificate......My school does that without charges or protocols..they just confirm then seal a copy for u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kanayogod(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
earthgreeners:

Madam dey can't be that crazy, what they need to do is to stamp and sign a copy of your certificate......My school does that without charges or protocols..they just confirm then seal a copy for u
Some schls charge for that service, like in UI, you pay #1k for confirmation of result which could either be a certificate or statement of result. But to tie it to alumni due, its a rip-off!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
Great nairalanders,does CDHC release ones's documuments when issuing TRV or mediacals?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
mercylicious:

Wat pains me now is dt they just imposed yearly alumi fee. I paid dt fee wen I was leaving, bt d new vc feels he shld be using our money to work. I think d fee is 10k yearly now, so they calc frm d last time u paid. I detest anything dt makes me request anything frm them.
Please which school is that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
lucky Don: Great nairalanders,does CDHC release ones's documuments when issuing TRV or mediacals?

You ask too many questions, are you going for UG or PG?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Hinxx: 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Idomaboi I'm planning to do that tomorrow, tired of tracking n waiting, school starts on Monday[/quote]

ℓ am also an aspiring student of memorial Uni. ought to resume this Jan 7,but haven't heard ∕̴Ɩ thing from the embassy since September 17. Someone submitted like ∕̴Ɩ week before me but was called in December and was refused...don't know what to do.

Doyinsola
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
Idomaboi: i just left the embassy and i was told i have to be patient for the visa officer to make the decision...so its waiting for me
....Dont be surprised to hear from them in a day or two....someone is slacking....going there might have prompted them picking up ur file now...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Hinxx: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
Being watching this trend silently with keen interest for ∕̴Ɩ long time now...and everything ℓ learnt on here got me through my application procedures in Sept. ℓ am an aspiring student of memorial Uni. ought to resume this Jan 7,but haven't heard ∕̴Ɩ thing from the embassy since September. Someone submitted like ∕̴Ɩ week before me but was called in December and was refused...don't know what to do
Doyinsola
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hinxx: @Idomaboi I'm planning to do that tomorrow, tired of tracking n waiting, school starts on Monday

ℓ am also an aspiring student of memorial Uni. ought to resume this Jan 7,but haven't heard ∕̴Ɩ thing from the embassy since September 17. Someone submitted like ∕̴Ɩ week before me but was called in December and was refused...don't know what to do.

Doyinsola
being patient is better o..its better to get the visa at last than get an early refusal
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
Siga: ....Dont be surprised to hear from them in a day or two....someone is slacking....going there might have prompted them picking up ur file now...
i wasn't actually allowed to go in,but will my email prompt them?cos they replied me today
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Idomaboi:
i wasn't actually allowed to go in,but will my email prompt them?cos they replied me today
...did u fill any form outside that was probably taken in? ....like anything that shows them u were there today? .... and when did u send the last email, the one u just got response to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
Siga: ...did u fill any form outside that was probably taken in? ....like anything that shows them u were there today? .... and when did u send the last email, the one u just got response to?
i was given a form but when i told them that i was using an agent,the man at the gate told me that i won't be attended to inside that it must be with the agent that they will attend it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
Idomaboi:
i was given a form but when i told them that i was using an agent,the man at the gate told me that i won't be attended to inside that it must be with the agent that they will attend it
...email nko?....like someone already advised....u paid the agent right?....so, light fire under the agent yansh i beg...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Robbie37....need reply to my email ASAP....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by luckyDon1: 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
@earthgreeners,am going for PG.and i intend starting in May.my application is now a month old...i am bothered because my sponsor needs one of his docs and i dont know if going to the embassy to retrieve it will affect my application.am confused bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
Siga: ...email nko?....like someone already advised....u paid the agent right?....so, light fire under the agent yansh i beg...
i sent the email yesterday and got the reply today...its agent troubling time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mozo: 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
lucky Don: Please great Nairalanders,is it possible for me to retrieve my sponsor's documents from CDHC because he wants to make use of it?my application is a month old today.is it possible or will it render my application useless?am confused

Had a friend with a similar issue, he had an interview at the US consulate but his application was at CDHC, he had to use 'gra gra' to withdraw his application.. So they stamped on his passport he was denied before releasing it.. But lucky he got his US visa

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
Idomaboi:
i sent the email yesterday and got the reply today...its agent troubling time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cdhc also replied me today. Find their mail below;

Hello,

Your email enquiry refers.

Due to the very high volume of applications being received by this office, the current processing time for a study permit visa application is between 4 to 6 months .

Your application is in queue, waiting to be processed.

You would be contacted as soon as we reach a decision on your application.

Regards,

Deputy High Commission of Canada,

Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2013
In using an agent,you relinquished you rights to have direct correspondence with CDHC. You need to channel this pressure to your agents and ASAP
Idomaboi:

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Sir Siga,
Do you own your own business in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Idomaboi(m): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
mercylicious:

Hello,

Due to the very high volume of applications being received by this office, the current processing time for a study permit visa application is between 4 to 6 months .

Regards,

Lagos, Nigeria

yeah..i use to get that before i was called for medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
TRV_IJN: @Sir Siga,
Do you own your own business in Canada?
....No Sir....work full time....only sell cars on the side....lol....but I have a registered business not just operational...lol....u get anything for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2013
mercylicious:

Hello,

Regards,

Lagos, Nigeria

All they do is copy and paste and send. Dont worry God pass them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.